Taking Chances & Facing the Fear

Facing the Fear
Kim Ryeowook, where are you?!

The question keeps on appearing again and again in my mind while I walk and trying the best I can to find Ryeowook.

I do feel like a ninja rushly eyeing my surroundings, like a predator looking for his prey.

A voice suddenly cut my focused searching of the one I love.

"Yah, hyung!! Can't you walk a bit slow? Didn't you hear me shouting your name?!"

It was Kyuhyun, frustrated, who I never thought that he was behind me all this time.

I suddenly stop, turning back to face him.

I apologize scratching my nape, "Sorry, Kyu."

"Pff. I never thought you walk very fast, regardless of you having turtles at your home." Kyuhyun smirks and we start to walk again. But this time, we walk together unlike earlier.

"Do you think I'm that slow?! Just because of having pet turtles that will also make me slow?" I ask Kyuhyun almost defensively while I raise my eyebrows.

"What if I say 'yes'?" Kyuhyun grins.

"I'll tell Seohyun to break up with you because of having an evil-minded boyfriend."

Kyuhyun laughs evily, "Huh, is that so? Well, in turn I'll tell Ryeowook not to talk to you because of your weirdness."

We both chuckle in our not-so-serious threat to each other. Well, that's how friends talk, right?

"Oh, Minho-ya! Ryeowook-ah!"

Hearing Kyuhyun calls the second name, I slightly become nervous.

Looking at the direction where Kyuhyun looks at, there I see Minho and Ryeowook.

I avoid my gaze to them as I meet Ryeowook's eyes.

"How's the prom guys? By the way hyung, where's Seohyun?" Minho starts the converation, but specifically talking to Kyuhyun.

"She's with Taeyeon and Tiffany." Kyuhyun answers surely.

The two continues to talk. So that leaves me and Ryeowook silent.

I simply look at Ryeowook, and I felt my heart skipped a beat as I meet his gaze for the second time.

"Hello hyung." Ryeowook greets me.

I shyly smile and bow at him, greeting him back.

Without me knowing, Kyuhyun secretly smirk at Minho and whispers him to leave us two.

Minho pokes Ryeowook at his arms, "Wook hyung, is it okay if I leave you to Yesung hyung first? We'll go somewhere."

Like a curious child, Ryeowook says, "Hey, we can go too. Can we--"

Kyuhyun suddenly butts in, "Uhh. Yesung hyung just told me that he's tired walking. And he wants to sit and he wants to be with you, so-- AW!"

As I heard my name mentioned by my evil close friend, I look like telling him 'what-the-heck-are-you-saying' and I kicked his knees as he spit out the last 6 words.

Minho and Ryeowook were both shock at Kyuhyun's sudden reaction, "Kyuhyun, are you alright?"

Kyuhyun hisses at me as he rub the part I kicked, feeling victorious with my quick attack. "Uhh-- yeah. Come on Minho let's just leave."

"Hmm, okay bye guys. See you later." Minho says before he and Kyuhyun left.

So that leaves me and Ryeowook. Not knowing what to say, I just invited him to walk outside, and he gladly take it.



We end out steps in the venue's garden area, with a not so huge fountain and some trees near to it.

We decided to sit in the bench we first spotted.

"So, Yesung hyung?"

I stare back at him and oh my god, I can feel my heart beats crazily. His cuteness, his voice, his everything are my weakness. I try to swallow my nervousness and act natural so that he won't suspect anything about me.

"How's the night? Are you enjoying?"

Am I enjoying?

"Fine. Just fine. How about you?"

"Maybe fine."

Ryeowook suddenly frowns as he left those words.

I feel my heart squeeze as I look at the sight beside me.

"Why maybe?"

"Hyung, someone left me."

I didn't expect that Ryeowook would open something like that.

Not getting what he said, I ask "Left? W-- Who?"

"I thought Hyungsik would let me this night happy. But, he didn't come. He didn't answer my texts either. I don't get it, Yesung hyung. Is there something wrong with me?"

I can see the sadness at his eyes, does this mean he likes Hyungsik?

I just pretend I didn't know anything, I hesitately ask,"W-- Why? D-- Do you---- like him?"

Ryeowook didn't answer. He just look at the floor and didn't stare at me.

I quickly apologise, knowing I shouldn't have asked that question.

"Ahh I sorry Ryeo--"

"No, I should be the one saying that Yesung hyung."

Ryeowook chuckles a bit, trying to ease the sadness he created.

"I shouldn't cry because of that jerk."

"Jerk? Why? Did you like--"

"I fell for him, hyung. He's one of my suitors. But with what he did tonight, I'll just reject him."

I secretly clenched my fists, feeling disappointed with that man who broke my love's heart.

Kim Ryeowook. You don't deserve to cry. I will make you happy tonight.

I know my biggest fear's to be rejected and to be avoided by him. But at this moment, I will going to face my fear. I suddenly became motivated by making my love happy tonight.

I rest my hand above his, comforting him.

"Ryeowook-ah. Just forget him tonight, hm?"

We stare each other's eyes for a second. It feels like it happened for a lifetime.

"Thanks hyung." Ryeowook smiles.

I remove my hand and asks him like a daddy to his kid, "Anything you want to do for tonight?"

"I want someone to fill what is missing to me right now. But I know, no one would do it."

All of a sudden, a slow music plays on the venue's prompter.

It took me a second to reach out my hand to Ryeowook, "Shall we dance, Kim Ryeowook?"

He gladly holds my hand, smiling sweetly to me, "Sure, hyung."

We face each other and start to hold each other's body. My arms on his waist, his arms around my neck. Our faces almost an inch close, I drew back my nervousness as we started to dance along with the sweet music.

Ryeowook hugs me, I was a bit surprised when he did it.

"Yesung hyung, thanks for tonight. Thanks for everything. Thanks for being here with me tonight."

I didn't answer and we just let our bodies dance according to the music playing.

It lasted for 5 minutes.

I pull him away, letting him look me at my eyes.

This is it. Kim Jongwoon. The chance.

"Ryeo-- Ryeowook-ah, actually... There's something I wanna say."

He tilts his head cutely, "Hmm? What is it?"

I pull him away a little bit again, holding both his hands.

"All this time, it got hard for me to say this. I know there are times where we met and talk, but it's really hard for me to say this. Anything might happen between us if I say this. It might be bad, or good. Or whatever. And I'll be willing to accept that, because it is part of facing my fear."

"I-- I don't get it, hyung. What are you saying now?" Ryeowook is obviously confused with the things I am saying right at this moment.

"I will do anything to make you happy, I don't wanna see you sad and it hurts me when you do. Like earlier, I didn't know what to do."

And with that, I guess he already got a hint of what I am trying to say, "Hyung..."

My heart beats faster now, and there is no escaping now.

I look straightly into his eyes, "I love you."

I can see in his eyes that he's surprised.

"Hyung---"

I quickly pulls him into a hug, "I'm sorry.... did I scare you?"

He pulls away from my hug, "N-- no. No of course, I just-- I don't know."

"No. No, I should haven't said that--"

He quickly cups my face, his lips almost an inch close to mine.

I swallow hard, knowing how much close are we now.

"Hyung.. Can I kiss you?"

I can't believe of what I've heard, "Wh-- what?"

"I never knew how sweet you are, how gentle you are. I know this is too fast but--"

He gently kiss me on my lips. I never thought this is happening right now.

That kiss lasted for 5 seconds. And it was the greatest 5 seconds ever.

It is only a light kiss, nothing else.

We both open our eyes as our lips parted.

"Hyung... Can I kiss you again?"

Still drowning on my thoughts earlier, I unconsciously brought back my lips to his.

And he didn't even rejected. But at the moment he starts to move his lips, feeling that he bites my lower lip, I taken aback.

"Hyung, why?"

My face flustered, I didn't look at him saying, "I-- I never experienced that kind of kiss. Sorry, I was too surprised."

Ryeowook chuckles, "It's fine. You're too cute hyung." He grins and pinches my cheeks.

I know I am blushing again.

"You know what? I am starting to like you, Yesung hyung."

"Huh? Wh--"

"I know this is too fast. I know. Thanks for loving me, hyung. I appreciate all your kindness tonight. Who knows, we might be destined to each other?" He smiles.

My hearts screams in happiness, didn't know what to react in front of him.



In our life, we always have this thing called 'fear'. And it isn't easy for us to face this because it is a kind of thing we are afraid of. But what can we do if our only option to achieve our goals in life is to face our fears? Then we have to do it, and accept all of its consequences, good or bad.



-END-




A/N: SO THERE'S THE LAST CHAPTER OF THIS STORY AND IT'S FINISHED!! HAHAHA sorry for the ending. i know it isn't good :(( do you want guys a sequel of this story? i am thinking of doing it. and i am planning of having a YeWook and KyuWook conflict *evil laughs* xD anyways, A LOT OF THANKS TO ALL SUBSCRIBED THIS STORY ILOVEYOU ALL ~ don't forget to leave comments and all kinds of comments are welcome. okay, see you soon guys. byieee ^o^