The Problem

Facing the Fear

-----



"Hyung.. I have a problem...." I whined as I take a piece of potato chip and stuffed it on my mouth.

Heechul looked at me and asked, "What's your problem? Lovelife again?"

As I swallowed the food and heard what Heechul said to me, I slightly pouted and nodded.

"Ah, as I expected..." Heechul said as he rolled his eyes.

"Hyung.... the prom's near... and-- and---"

"And what?"

"Ryeowook... I-- I..."

Heechul sighed and raised his eyebrows, "Will you just tell it to me straightly?"

I exhaled and continued, "I want to... take him as my date..."

Heechul glared at me, seeing the annoyance in his face. "Then invite him..."

"But, I--- I'm scared..." I said with hesitation.

"Aish! Seriously, Kim Jongwoon with a nickname of Yesung, you were always like that with the people you like.. tsk, tsk.. You know, if you'll still gonna have that kind of attitude, you'll remain loveless. I'm telling you." Heechul told me as if it was a death threat.

Those words from my hyung struck me hard, "I-- I know..." then I sighed.

Heechul took a bite on his sandwich as I throw him a question, "But how did you ended up with Hankyung-hyung?"

He didn't got to answer my question quickly, he then got a chance to answer me when he swallowed the food he is chewing.

"I don't know. Besides, he's the one who confessed me first, not me. Well, as you know.. I'm a kind of person who's been chased by all, both ladies and gents.. But so sorry for them, because my heart's only belong to Hankyung.." Heechul smirked as he told me it, wiggling his eyebrows.

Heechul-hyung would be always like that everytime he talks about Hankyung-hyung. And everytime he tells me that every person has a crush on him, it just give me chills. He's like telling me that he's the most beautiful person in this world. Which is... well, maybe legit. But me and my hyung obviously differs in many things.

One is.. as what he said, every person likes him. My hyung is one of the most popular students during his highschool days, when we were still together in school. And me? Were not that at all. I'm not that popular at school, unlike Heechul-hyung. Others will just think of me as a geek or nerd, which is.... not true at all. I guess it was just all because of my eyeglasses. To be honest, I'm not that friendly at all. I just choose the ones I'll befriend. In fact I have befriended some of the junior class, it's because of the team-building activity that happened 2 months ago.

By the way, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Jongwoon. My complete name, Kim Jongwoon. But I prefer my friends to call me Yesung, as gave by my mom.

I'm only 18 years old, I'm currently in my senior year. And about who me and Heechul-hyung are talking about, my crush, Kim Ryeowook. He's in junior highschool, one year younger than me. Of course I know him a lot. Specially his favorite animal which is giraffe, and his birthday is on 21st June with a zodiac sign of Cancer.

What made me attracted to him? His everything. I mean his cute smile, and I heard that he's one of the best students in his batch. He also sings well like me. Actually one of my dreams is to have a duet with him. But for now, it's impossible.

I have this problem in my personality. I'm the type of person who gets speechless easily everytime I'm with, or even if I see the person I like coming closer to me. I just have this cowardness within me. And this is my biggest problem towards Ryeowook. I'm not scared of him, I just can't tell him my true feelings to him. And everytime I'll plan to do it, it just turned out to fail. The moment I'll spit out the words, I'll end up changing the topic or sometimes by saying 'Ah, never mind', or 'Nothing', or even 'Did I say anything?', and here we go again, back to zero. And now? Inviting him to be my prom date, won't be easy for me.

"Ah, Yesung-ah.. For how many times you would hide your feelings to Ryeowook?" Heechul asked me as he clean up our center table, where we put our foods earlier.

I didn't answer, I leaned on the sofa's backrest, letting out a sigh.

"If you want, I'll just be the one who'll tell him that you love him." said Heechul-hyung sarcastically.

Again, I didn't replied him.

"It will be easy if you won't think you can't, anyway.. It's up to you, I just hope that he still don't have a prom date yet. If you'll always like that then, you'll lose the chance. Think again, Yesung-ah."

Heechul left me alone in the sofa as he went to the kitchen to dispose the garbage outside.

I don't really know what to say or how to initiate it to Ryeowook. Only a week ago before the prom, and I should ready myself, specially to the man of my dreams.