More than A Billion Miles 1/1

More than A Billion Miles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love is not measured by distance.

 

Love is not measured by social class.

 

And most definitely, love is not measured by who you are.

The most important thing is you feel it.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun wakes up by the sound of bells ringing; the tune is so soft, it almost sounded like angels singing.

 

Baekhyun loves Saturday more than any other day. And today Baekhyun’s smile is blinding.

Every Saturday, Baekhyun is free to roam around town, he has his day off from work and he knows Luhan will always cover up for him. Every Saturday he would sneak away from town and head straight to the hill. No one is permitted even to attempt to leave town without any official business or work. There's a prohibited place called the the hill and it's off limits. It has alwas been warned not to enter it ever seen Baekhyun could remember. Ayone seen around it will be punished severely but Baekhyun doesn’t mind and he is willing to take the risk. For him, any punishment means nothing; but not seeing Chanyeol will be the end of everything.

 

 

 

                Chanyeol wakes up by the sound of metals crashing and the heat emanating from it feels like his skin is burning.

 

                He is used to the heat, the pressure, the noise and the dark, but Chanyeol doesn’t mind. Every day in his place; it is always like this. Today is Saturday and it means no one will disturb him; he can freely go whenever and wherever he wants so as long he will not visit the hill. It is permitted and anyone caught wandering around it only means one thing: death. For Chanyeol, death is nothing; but not seeing Baekhyun is scarier than death; most painful than death because Baekhyun is his everything.

 

               

 

                It was three year ago when Baekhyun and Chanyeol met. It was nearing twilight; the brightly colored sky was slowly turning into grey and Baekhyun was on his way back into town after finishing his business. Unfortunately, Baekhyun was still a little unfamiliar with the surroundings and as a result, he lost his way home. To his horror, Baekhyun stumbled into the forbidden place; the hill.

 

                The hill is a connection between two places.

No one was allowed to be there.

 

 

                “You’re not supposed to be here.”

 

A voice so deep it scares the sanity out of Baekhyun. Shivering from the fear he is feeling for so many different reasons, Baekhyun feels his eyes starting to tear up.

                “Don’t hurt me.” He begs.

                “Why would you think I would hurt you?” The deep voice doesn’t bother to hide the annoyed tone.

                “Aren’t you the one in charge for punishing those who enter this hill?” Baekhyun asks, body shivering from the fear. 

                Baekhyun did not receive a reply for a couple of minutes until the deep voice guy suddenly laughs.

                “You’re funny. I'm not the one in charge."

                Baekhyun tries to search for the man behind the voice but he couldn’t see anyone.

 

                “I’m lost.” Baekhyun replies after a couple of seconds, desparetely searching for help.

              

  “I know,” comes the reply, “Twenty steps to the right then head straight about 25 steps; I guess you’ll find your way up to there. That’s the farthest I know.” Says the mysterious voice.

 

                Baekhyun is beyoned stunned, “How did you know it? Are you frequently visiting the hill; it’s forbidden; you might get punished. And where are you?”

 

                “Too many questions and you’re supposed to say ‘Thank You’ and I thought your kind was the nicest ones.”

 

                Before Baekhyun can argue, the man speaks again, “You wouldn’t want to see me. I don’t belong in your kind.” Baekhyun doesnt hear anything after, he guesses the man already left. The last words bother him; don’t belong in your kind. Baekhyun then followed the instructions of the man and it truly lead him to the outskirt of his own town.

 

               He smiles when he sees the familiar place and his mind wanders to the guy he meet at the hill and he knows he needed to thank him. Moments after, reality kicks him, the man is not from them.

 

                “Oh.” Is the only word Baekhyun could utter.

 

 

 

 

 

                Baekhyun finds himself back at the hill. With shaking hands and trembling legs; he gathers all his courage and went back to the hill. There is something inside Baekhyun that pushed him to go back; to walk towards the forbidden place, somewhere along his chest.

 

                “I see. So you’re back.” The man says, happiness evident from his tone.

 

                Still, Baekhyun cannot see him.

 

                “I, f-f-f-orgot to say Thank you.” Baekhyun still shaking, and constantly looking in different directions, looking in every possible way because maybe someone is following him or maybe someone knows he's here and he can get punished, he is in fear of being caught. “Thank you.” Baekhyun says in a hushed voice.

 

                “Oh.”

 

                “Thank you.”

 

               

 

                Minutes have passed; no one spoke.

 

               Both are perfectly fine with the silence, Baekhyun’s fear began subsiding but his heart started beating wildly as the man decides to break the silence. “Will you be scared if you see me?” There is a clear change in the voice; it was a mixture of pain and uneasiness.

 

                “I won’t. I promise.” Baekhyun happily replies.

 

                Slowly, a figure appears in front of Baekhyun.

 

                “You know, the books aren’t right.” Baekhyun says.

 

                The man is suddenly walking away. Baekhyun is fast and has grabbed the man’s right arm.

 

                “Don’t go. What I mean is, the book’s description is way out of the ordinary. It is the complete opposite. You don’t look like any of them because you don’t look like a scary beast.” Baekhyun offers a kind smiled.

 

                “I like the way you look.” 

 

                The man bows down but Baekhyun notices the pink shade that has appeared on the man's cheeks.

 

                “I’m Baekhyun.”

 

                “I’m Chanyeol.”

 

 

 

 

 

                Every Saturday, for three years, Baekhyun and Chanyeol meet at the hill. They talk about their experiences and share stories about their towns. They share moments, they exchange laughters. 

 

                Their love starts to blossom but complications begins to arise.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter