Please Come Back 1/1

Please Come Back

Christmas is the most celebrated time of the year. Presents, cheers, food and love - all are celebrated during the yuletide season but Byun Baekhyun could not care less about anything because no amount of glittering presents or mouth watering food could match the excitement he is feeling.

 

It will be his and Chanyeol’s third Christmas since they started dating. And tonight Baekhyun decides, that Chanyeol and him should spend their Christmas together and the next Christmas and the following ones not as a normal couple but a couple with a strong bond that promises a lifetime together.

Tonight, Baekhyun decides, he wants to spend his lifetime with Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

 

“It will be my best Christmas.” Baekhyun proudly cheers after he got off from his shift at the bookstore. His co-worker Kyungsoo smiles widely at him feeling happy that his friend is in a good mood.

 

“I can feel it, everything will turn out great”  Kyungsoo encourages because he knows Baekhyun needs one.

 

“Thanks Soo, you’re the best.”

 

“Remember, I’m the maid of honor.”

 

“Best man” With a smirk, Baekhyun corrects his friend in full confidence.

 

Kyungsoo giggles like a teenager, covering his mouth with his hand, he jokingly responds with, “So Chanyeol’s the wife.”

 

“Well.” Baekhyun shruggs as he playfully let out a soft chuckle.

 

“And I thought that you’re the one who bottoms.”

 

“The you are wrong.” Baekhyun teasingly smirks as both shared a hearty laugh and a few more jokes while they close the bookstore.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun hurriedly goes home not wanting to miss a single second because for him time is precious. As soon as he arrives home, he quickly sets up the room. Chairs are placed in perfect positions, balloons scattered everywhere, table has been set up beautifully, and the last thing Baekhyun needs to do was to look handsome; he needs everything to be special

 

Baekhyun is five minutes early on their scheduled time, dressed with his suit and tie that perfectly fit his body and wearing a little amount of eyeliner that Chanyeol adores, this will be the perfect night, Baekhyun is sure.

 

One by one, Baekhyun lits the candles.

 

Everything is set, everything is perfect.

 

Tonight, Byun Baekhyun will propose to Park Chanyeol.

He’s sure because he knows a forever with Park Chanyeol promised a forever of happiness.

 

“Good evening, baby.”

 

“Yeol!” Baekhyun shrieks in happiness as he sees Chanyeol’s face. Everything is in place, for the nth time that night, Baekhyun thinks everything is perfect, not because everything is set but because for Byun Baekhyun, everything that consists of Park Chanyeol is perfect.

 

“You look perfect.”  And for Chanyeol, Byun Baekhyun is perfect. Byun Baekhyun is always perfect and he can change everything and bring everything into perfection.

 

Baekhyun blushes at the comment.

 

“You always look beautiful.” Chanyeol says again.

 

“Stop it.”

 

“You’re cute when you blush.” Chanyeol lets out a chuckle.

 

It is a simple statement, yet Baekhyun still can feel his cheeks heating up, his heart slamming violently against his ribcag. Chanyeol will always make Baekhyun blush, will always make his heart crazily beat against his chest.

 

“Yah, stop it Park Chanyeol. It’s five minutes before Christmas, we should start unwrapping our gifts. You’ll be surprised.” Beaming widely,  Baekhyun starts gathering the beautifully wrapped boxes, “What do you want to open first?”

 

“Of course big one.”

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes but the shorter male is beyond please because if Chanyeol chose the smallest box, his surprise will be ruined.

 

As Baekhyun opens the largest box, Chanyeol’s eyes widened in response.

 

“You didn’t.” Words are uttered out of amazement.

 

“Merry Christmas!”

 

Baekhyun bought the latest gaming console that Chanyeol badly wanted.

 

“But it costs too much Baek, you didn’t have to.”

 

“It means nothing Yeol. You’re happiness is far way more important.”

 

Chanyeol starts to tear up at Baekhyun’s comment.

 

“But you’re my happiness Byun Baek.” And that is it; Chanyeol cannot stop himself from crying.

 

Baekhyun has been the bravest for the past year but seeing Chanyeol cry, his heart is in pain, he could not utter a single word as he starts to softly wipe his own tears.

 

“You don’t know how much I miss you Baekhyun.” Chanyeol voice cracks, his emotions taking over him. “I miss you so much Baekhyun.”

 

“I miss you so much too Chanyeol.” It is hard not to cry but Baekhyun tries his best, “but next year will be a good year right?” There is hope in Baekhyun’s voice as he smiles his pain away.

 

“Right?” Baekhyun repeats, thinking Chanyeol didn’t hear him the first time.

 

But Chanyeol didn’t respond. Again.

 

“Baek” Chanyeol smiles softly while tears are still running down from his eyes “I love you. I really do.”

 

 

“I love you so much Chanyeol.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, Byun Baek, it’s 10 seconds before Christmas. Don’t cry.”

 

“How am I not supposed to cry when you’re sobbing? You look ugly that I want to cry.”

 

Chanyeol despite the pain manages a soft chuckle. “I just hope I’m there to wipe away your tears.” The smile quickly fades away, “But I bet, if I’m there, you won’t be crying.”

 

 

And it is two seconds before Christmas. Baekhyun opens his gift and shows the ring, “Chanyeol will you marry me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And no response is ever heard as the computer screen suddenly turns into pitch black. Baekhyun panicks, checking if the internet connection fails or if the cord is unknowingly unplugged but everything is working fine and it can only mean one thing. It scares Baekhyun.

 

It is their fourth Christmas but their first Christmas without spending it together physically with each other as Baekhyun stays in their city while Chanyeol spens his time in the army – miles away from Baekhyun. A war is happening outside Korea andChanyeol was one of the  many other Koreans that were chosen to help their country in the time of need.

 

 

 

“Chanyeol.” Baekhyun utters softly while he prays to God and all the saints to keep Chanyeol safe from harm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Please come back.”