A Night to Remember

My Annoying Competition [Discontinued]

[[A/N: Let's pretend it's around Winter now you guys LOL]]

"Why didn't you tell me you were going to the grocery store!? I should've gone with you!" Namjoon scolded his female friend who's patience was running thin. "Namjoon, I'm not five years old. I can handle myself okay?" Jihye tried to reason with her idiotic and currently, over protective friend. "But Jihyeeeeeeeeee." Namjoon whined like an infant. In all honesty he didn't remember who Park Hyunjoon was, so all he saw was a very dangerous competitor he had to protect Jihye from. "But God of Destructionnnnnnnnnnn." Jihye retorted causing the older male to stare at her wide eyed. Jihye rubbed her temples as she pushed her shopping cart over to the candy section.

Namjoon was about to scold her again until he saw what she had placed into her cart. It was their fifth favorite candy as children, which were starbursts. He smiled at the sight then a sudden idea popped into his head as he suddenly ran away from the aisle. He went through various aisles, forgetting about the signs hanging above each one as he was looking for two certain items then planning to return to the same aisle afterward to get a third item. Jihye on the other hand assumed Namjoon had finally left her alone so she went through her shopping list. "Birthday gift for the Lim twins, check. I have the jars, the flowers and now the candy." Jihye smiled to herself.

Namjoon intently scanned (second image) through the shelves as he was looking for two certain boxes and nearly bumped his head into a near by cart. He heard a loud laugh behind him and his wide eyes went blank as he recignized that laugh. "Jin hyung!" Namjoon turned around surprised. "Namjoon-ah, be careful of your surroundings." Jin tried to keep his laughter down but failed. "What you're looking for is over there by the way." Jin nodded his head about 2 inches (5.08 cm) to their right. "Thanks hyung." Namjoon sighed in relief.

Jin nodded in response and bid his younger farewell. After he left, Namjoon then wondered how Jin was able to figure out what he was looking for. Saving that question for another time, he grabbed a box of jasmine tea then a box of green tea and ran off the the candy section again. He grabbed a bag of their number one favorite candy as children, which were those strawberry wrapped hard candies no one really knew where they came from nor the name of them. He then headed to the cash register to pay for his items then crept up behind Jihye in the produce aisle once he was done. "Hello." Namjoon creepily whispered into Jihye's ear causing the younger to shriek and nearly cut of the elder's oxygen supply.

"! Don't scare me like that!" Jihye sighed with her hand over her heart and the other hand ruffling her hair. She then pushed Namjoon who was laughing his off. "You should've seen your face!" He continuously laughed. "I'll just look at you. People say we look like twins anyway." She snarled as she pushed the cart towards the cashier to pay. Being the "gentleman" he is, Namjoon obviously decided to take Hyunji's bags for her as they walked home side by side. Jihye along with the help of Namjoon, then eventually put away the groceries as Jihye started to create the gift for the twins.

After Jihye finished the project of a candy vase for the birthday siblings, she put it away in a safe place so God of Destruction couldn't break it. When she came back into the living room she had her hands on her hips and an eyebrow raised at the sight in front of her. Namjoon was bored out of his mind and he was laying on the couch, but his upper half was hanging up side down as his head nearly touched the floor. Before Jihye could even say anything, Namjoon beat her to it. "Hey Jihye-yah you want to go on a date?" He asked then shot up into a sitting position with a wide smile on his face. Jihye blinked then nodded, "Yeah sure." She blankly replied as she puffed her cheeks and went to go change.

The only reason Jihye didn't react much to it was because she assumed it was another one of those "play-dates" they had as children. They continuously called it "dates" because "play-dates" were too childish for them at this age. Jihye came down in a sweater and some black leggings and then hooked her arm around Namjoon's, "So where are we going?" She asked as the two of them put their shoes on. Namjoon smirked then replied. "It's a secret~ My magic, magic, magic~ Madonna, donna-" "Okay I get it you idiot!" Jihye cut him off and slapping his arm earning a pout from the elder.

The two conversed about random things from their childhood as they randomly conversed. "Remember that one time you jumped into my lap when you were 12 because Yoongi hyung scared you?" Namjoon laughed which make the younger girl turn red despite the cold weather. "Never speak of that again or you'll have no children." She huffed as she crossed her arms. Namjoon immediately stopped laughing and shut his mouth, then he realized how close they were to their destination. "Hey Jihye, close your eyes." He said. "Why? So you can trip me and have more memories for you to laugh at in the future?" She questioned very irritated.

Namjoon then sighed as he placed his large hands over her eyes and had the both of them walk to where they were supposed to go for their "date" and eventually they got there without Jihye complaining or struggling."We're here~" Namjoon cooed as he unraveled his hands from Jihye's eyes. She gasped at the sight and Namjoon sincerely smiled as he saw the twinkle in his best friend's eyes. "I know you love to walk around, especially at night so I thought this would be a good place." He smiled as he placed his hands into his pockets. "You forgive me now- oof!" Namjoon tried to ask but got cut off because he was caught by surprise once Jihye hugged him really tightly. "I love this place oppa. Thanks for bringing me here with you." Jihye couldn't stop smiling at the elder who had a slight shade of pink spread across his cheeks.

Namjoon then chuckled, "Did you just call me oppa?" He bent his head down to look at the flustered girl. "Uh... no?" She said then ran off before Namjoon could catch her blushing. He then chased after her, "Yah Kim Jihye! I totally caught that and now I'll catch you!" He laughed as he ran after her. Eventually about five minutes later, the two of them had to catch their breath so they sat next to each other on a bench. "Jihye-" Namjoon cut himself off in shock when Jihye turned around as both of their eyes widened and both of them tensed up. "I-I d-didn't mean to do that!" Namjoon stuttered as he pulled away.

"N-no w-worries. I-I mean w-we were too close a-and-" Jihye stuttered as well looking away. She was then was cut off as Namjoon moved her chin to face him then leaned in and kissed her for real this time. She then relaxed and gave into the kiss as she responded back in their sweet lip lock. Once the two of them pulled away their foreheads were still touching and they stared into each other's eyes. "Were you wearing strawberry lip balm?" Jihye broke the semi awkward and semi comfortable atmosphere with a dumb question. "No? Wh- Oh. No I wasn't." Namjoon then realized what she meant as he smirked.

He pulled out a hard strawberry candy from his pocket and unwrapped it then held it to Jihye's mouth. "Say ah~" He cooed. Jihye shyly complied then smiled as she looked down and enjoyed the flavor of the candy. "That was what you proabably thought was the strawberry lip balm huh?" Namjoon smiled as he nudged the younger. She just nodded in reply and chuckled as she leaned on Namjoon's shoulder. The two of them then stared up at the beautiful night sky hand in hand in silence, leaving them to their own thoughts.


[[A/N: Ew I'm cringing lol. It's been a while o-o]]