(9) 2nd Morning

It takes TWO TO TANGO
 
 
Haeri walked down from the second floor slowly. She took bath before and dressed up but still she couldn't help to yawn endlessly. She shook her head slightly. Go away, you sleepiness! She pinched the bridge of her nose.

Hyunjoong and Haeri finished the conversation by midnight. But after, she engaged herself to Shinhye's email about 'entering AM Mall' project. At the end, she closed her eyes at five in the morning.

"Good morning, Mrs Kim!"

Haeri stopped her walk and found a middle aged woman stood behind the kitchen island, preparing breakfast, pancakes, she believed. "Who-" Haeri looked around and found no Hyunjoong.

"Mr Kim is still sleeping." The woman explained. "Coffee?"

"Hmm.. No. I- Apel Juice would be nice."
Haeri headed to the stool. The woman nodded a little and prepared the request. Haeri watched the woman closely as she rubbed her eyes. Who was she? She couldn't be Hyunjoong's mother, right? Haeri met and had dinner with her and the woman looked so much different from her. Then? Oh, wait! The nanny? "Are you Hyunjoong's nanny?"

"Mr Kim's nanny?"
The woman giggled. "Young master never had a nanny. Mrs Kim herself who took and raised her children." She said in full admiration. "She is such a great lady."

Haeri's lips formed a slight smile unconsciously. Yeah.. She is such a great wife and mother. Wait! Wait! Haeri narrowed her eyes. She determined to take the words back. How come a great mother gave birth to an ? Memories of last night fact finding event flashed inside her mind. What kind of sin that she did in the past?

"Your Apel juice, Mrs Kim." The woman put a glass of Apel Juice in front of Haeri which she took as she sat over the stool.

"Thank you."

"You are welcome. And, I am preparing pancakes for breakfast. Is that ok? Or you prefer another?"


Haeri shook her head as she drank the juice. "Pancakes sound great." She answered after she gulped down the juice into . Sniff. Sniff. "It smells good!" Haeri squealed.

The woman smiled warmly and placed a pancake over a plate.

"I am Jung Haeri, by the way. And, you are?"

"I am Cha Minhwa. The maid here."


Haeri nodded. "You were not here yesterday."

"No. We are visiting our children back at Busan."

"We?"

"My husband and I. My husband is young master's driver."

"Oh."

"Do you want to have your breakfast now, Mrs Kim? Or do you prefer to wait for Mr Kim?"

"Serve the breakfast now, Ahjumma. I am here."


Haeri turned her face and looked at Hyunjoong who was ready with his working outfit, walking to Kitchen Island, holding an Ipad. She snorted. His professional look was another bull! She believed he dressed up like that just to fool women.

"Morning, wifey." Hyunjoong pecked Haeri's temple.

Haeri gasped in shock and rubbed her cheek, as if she wanted to erase the track. "-"

Hyunjoong shook his head and sent signal that they were not alone. He eyed to Minhwa who prepared Hyunjoong's Orange juice. Haeri gritted her teeth in annoyance.

"Damn you!" She mouthed inaudibly.

Hyunjoong chuckled and sat next to Haeri.

"What do you prefer for breakfast, Mr Kim?" She placed the Orange juice in front of Hyunjoong.

"Pancakes sound good. And, some fruits please."

"Yes, Mr Kim.”
Minhwa turned her face to Haeri. “Mrs Kim, would you like some fruits too?"

"Just give her, Ahjumma."
Hyunjoong looked at Haeri. "Fruits are good for your skin." He caressed her cheek. "It will keep this smooth and fair."

This bastard! Haeri smacked Hyunjoong's hand hard, earning a loud laugh from him. As predicted, again, Hyunjoong just knew that Haeri would react that way. That was just funny. Haeri snorted.


 

TING! TONG!
 
 
Out of nowhere, a man with black suit walked to the door. Haeri watched him closely. That must be Minhwa Ahjumma’s husband, she concluded. She watched the man talked toward the intercom and headed to Hyunjoong who busied himself with his Ipad.
 
“Excuse me, Mr Kim.”
 
“Who is?”
Hyunjoong asked flatly.
                                       
“Mr Kang Jihwan wished to see Mrs Kim.”
 
Haeri froze. What? Jihwan Oppa? Jihwan Oppa was here? Expecting to see her? Suddenly, she faced difficulties in breathing. Blood drained fast from her face. Why?
 
Hyunjoong swiftly turned his face to Jungsu then to pale Haeri. “You invited him?”
 
Haeri shook her head absentmindedly. How could she invite him? Was she losing her mind? Inviting her forever crush to her fake house? And, how did he know where she lived? Did Minhyuk tell him?
 
“Mr Kim?”
 
Knowing that Haeri told the truth for not inviting the intruder, and understanding the effect that man brought to his wife, Hyunjoong stated, “Tell him that my wife and I are still in our bedroom. Cannot be disturbed! We are having our morning .”
 
Haeri widened her eyes in disbelief and looked to annoyed Hyunjoong. “You are insane!”
 
Hyunjoong grinned widely. “Or, do you prefer us taking bath together?”
 
“Tsk!” Haeri stood up.
 
Before she reacted, Hyunjoong grabbed her wrist. “Let’s have our breakfast first. Then, we are going to meet him.” Hyunjoong gave signal to Minhwa to serve the breakfast. Hurriedly, Minhwa put the plates over the kitchen stool.

"Hyunjoong~"

Hyunjoong pulled Haeri's wrist slightly, gesturing her to follow his words. "Ahjussi, please let him wait at the lobby. We are going to meet him at my study." Hyunjoong took his fork.

"Yes, Mr Kim." Jungsu bowed a little and walked away.

Haeri tried to shove Hyunjoong's hand with no success. On the contrary, Hyunjoong tightened his grip. "I have to see him now. He is-"

"Eat."
Hyunjoong turned his face slowly, meeting his eyes directly to Haeri. "Eat first. This is not discuss-able. I will accompany you meeting him later." 

"No need."
Haeri stubbornly still tried to release herself from Hyunjoong. Again with no success. "Hyunjoong! I have to meet him alone and this instant. He is here to see me. I have to explain. And, I don't need you to come with me." Why now Jihwan Oppa? Why now? Haeri's eyes heated up. It turned red in fast manner and tears were pooled there.

Seeing Haeri at the edge of breaking down, Hyunjoong cocked his head a little. He felt strangely annoyed. He stood up swiftly. "Ahjumma, tell Ahjussi to bring him up. We are waiting for him at our study. Now." Hyunjoong dragged Haeri to follow him.

Tears began to drop to her cheeks. Haeri wiped it up with her fingers. She knew it was no use to argue Hyunjoong. It was better to meet Jihwan Oppa with him around than not seeing him at all.


Minhwa narrowed her eyes and watched Hyunjoong and Haeri vanished behind the wall. What was going on exactly? In sudden, she heard that Mr Kim was married. But now, she witnessed that marriage itself was a bit strange.

Mrs Kim slept at the guess room while Mr Kim slept at his room. And now.. A man wanted to see her and she was breaking, crying, for the man. What was wrong? Something was not right here.

She picked up a phone nearby. After ring one, the other side phone was taken. "Jungsu, please bring that man up. Mr Kim and Mrs Kim are expecting him at the study."



 




Hyunjoong closed the door behind him and released Haeri's hand. "Now tell me. Who is Kang Jihwan? I took notes that he was your ex, Minhyuk's hyung. What else? I have to know." Hyunjoong walked to his desk. He knew though. He knew all about Kang Jihwan and Jung Haeri from the report. But, he wanted her to spill it herself.

Haeri sobbed silently. She was not moving from the last spot Hyunjoong left her.

"Haeri, tell me! I need to know what I will face in the next minutes." Hyunjoong calmly sat on his chair.

Haeri sobbed few more times before she took deep breaths. "He is.. I love him." She whispered pathetically.



Hyunjoong unconsciously felt a PANG of jealousy within. Not because his wife was in love with somebody else. Just because, he was sure.. On his 29th years old, he was never loved. Not that way.



"He is my first and only love. We are together since forever. He is- I-"

"But, where was he when you needed him the most? Why did you take the action of marrying me quietly?"
Hyunjoong cut her statement.

"He stayed beside me most of the time. But, a month ago, his company sent him to Jeju Island. I asked him for not leaving which he denied. And, I yelled at him.. If he kept on going, we were over." Regret filled Haeri's heart fully. Oh, my! How selfish she was. Her cries stopped immediately.


Hyunjoong watched her. He watched how Haeri stopped the cries as she told him about what happened. ! She experienced remorse. "Just so you know, Haeri. My Harabeoji demanded six months of marriage for me to keep the position. Whatever that you feel at this very moment, I don't give a ! Just stay in this marriage for the next six months. Or I swear to God, I will crush you down. You and everything or everyone close to you."


Chill traveled down to Haeri's spine as she saw Hyunjoong's determined expression and his sharp voice. She knew it. She knew that he meant it. As the boutique meant a lot to her, his position surely meant a lot to him.


"Stick to our deal. Tell no one about it. I am watching you closely, Jung Haeri."


Haeri gulped hard. The playful Hyunjoong was gone. Haeri witnessed different kind of Hyunjoong when he reminded her about the pact. She was doomed. She couldn't tell, did she nor didn't she choose the right guy.



Knock! Knock!



"Your ex is here. Behave!" Hyunjoong pressed his back to his chair slowly.

Haeri took few deep breaths and wiped up the traces of tears on her face. Seeing Hyunjoong's stern expression, she knew that there was no turning back. She was the one who set it up, she was the one who had to face and deal with it.

Noticing that Haeri came to a better stage, Hyunjoong said in louder voice, "Come in."


Click. The door was opened. In snap, Haeri's eyes met Jihwan's, making her held her breath unconsciously.

"Haeri.." Jihwan rushed to standing Haeri and wrapped her petite body wholly. "Haeri, I miss you."

Automatically, Haeri embraced him back, tight. "Oppa~ I miss you too."


Hyunjoong squinted his eyes and his left hand reached for a pen, playing it, trying to distract his mind. This was just awkward. He saw his fake wife reunited with her ex lover. Reunited? Nah! Just correct that. They were not reunited. He wouldn't let them. Not in less than six months.


Jihwan pulled back a little and cupped her face. "Haeri.. Tell me. This is all lie. You were not-"


"I am married now, Oppa."
Haeri murmured helplessly.


"No!" Jihwan shook his head forcefully. "It can't be real."


"We are legally married, Mr Kang. You may check it."
Hyunjoong couldn't help to interfere, making Jihwan realized that his existence.


Haeri gritted her teeth, irritated. Having Hyunjoong here, at the same room, seemed like a very huge mistake. "Jihwan Oppa.." She tried to focus back to the man that stood in front of her. "Forgive me."


Jihwan looked back at Haeri after he glimpsed at Hyunjoong. An understanding crushed his brain in snap. "The money? You were marrying him for his money?"


Haeri sighed heavily. She had always been an opened book to him. Just like Minhyuk, both of them knew her too much. "No, Oppa."

"Say no lie to me, Haeri."


God, what now?! Haeri shouted inside.


"Jung Haeri, look at me." Jihwan stated.  Hesitantly, Haeri looked up, locking her sight to him. "I can give you money. I will help you saving the boutique. Leave him, Haeri. Divorce him." He hissed.


"Oppa~" Haeri's voice shook.


Hyunjoong moved forward a little. His heart started to beat fast. This man was seriously a pain in the ! He should be demolished! He made a mental promise. He had to secure everything. He had to ensure that his wife was untouchable.


Jihwan caressed her cheeks softly. "Marry me. We'll start anew."


"Yah!!"
Hyunjoong stood up swiftly. Their conversation was getting into his nerves. "Don't talk like that to my wife in front of me!" He walked fast toward Haeri dan Jihwan. "I am here you see?" He hurriedly grabbed Haeri's waist and pulled her closer to him.


Haeri gasped in shock, her eyes widened. She swiftly looked up to Hyunjoong. "Hyun-"


"I give you my final warning, Mr Kang. Stay away from my wife. Or else.."
Hyunjoong moved his sight to Haeri.

Flashing memories of previous conversation with Hyunjoong, Haeri gulped hard. He and his money could take everyone down. She and Jihwan were included. "Oppa~" She shifts her sight to Jihwan. "I am married now. I am sorry. But, you have to leave." She was shaking when she stated the words.



Jihwan widened his eyes in disbelief. So, she chose him. She was choosing a man that she barely knew. The money. She was after his money. Of course. His Haeri was far from being selfish. She was after the money to save the boutique, her employee and last her. "I will wait for you."


Hyunjoong laughed out loud. "You can't be real, Mr Kang."


Jihwan grabbed Haeri's wrist and pulled her hard toward him, breaking Hyunjoong's grab all over her waist, crushing his lips over hers. Haeri's widened her eyes in shock. Hyunjoong reacted in snap, pushing Jihwan backward, pulling Haeri back to him.


"Our first kiss." Jihwan stated.


Hyunjoong grinned. "Your first kiss? That was definitely not Haeri's first kiss. She already did that with me!" He said with proud.


Jihwan's smiling face vanished. Haeri gave no further reaction. She stunned.


"Oh, poor, Wifey." Hyunjoong caressed her cheek. "That was not your fault. I understood. No worry. I will erase his track on your lips." He leaned in and moved his lips closer to hers. "You better kiss me back." By that, he met his lips with hers.

Jihwan gasped in shock. On the other hand, Haeri had no other option. The moment, Hyunjoong moved his lips over hers; Haeri closed her eyes and paid the kiss back. She moved her lips in sync. They kissed, softly.


Jihwan shook his head forcefully before he rubbed his face and turned his body, walking away from the place.

Sensing that her beloved walked away, Haeri snapped her eyes open, stopped the kisses and pulled back. Her eyes locked to the door, the place Jihwan vanished. Hyunjoong slowly opened his eyes. He began to realize that his heart beat fast. Damn it! What was that?


Haeri released herself from him. "Happy now?"

Hyunjoong sneaked his hands to his pocket. "Definitely." He grinned with proud.


"Good. At least one of us is still alive with the other die due to this pact." She broke down, crying silently.

Hyunjoong was taken aback. His eyes narrowed. "Wait a minute, Haeri. You were the one who started this. Why you acted like it was me who took advantages from you?"


Haeri wiped up her tears harshly. "And, believe me. I regret it." With that, she turned her body and ran away, leaving unsure Hyunjoong.



 



TEASER

"Hyunjoong, get your asses here!"

"I can't, Haeri. I am in the middle of important meeting here."

"I don't give a damn! Your Eomma and Minseo Unnie plan our wedding party. They brought me to a wedding planner. Help me out! Help me out, Hyunjoong!"

"Arasso. Wait for me! Those two! I will smack them down!"