LAST

Someone was always watching

--

Baekhyun called in to the site manager, making up an excuse to not go in that day. The site manager started to sound nervous, asking why he couldn’t come in. He sounded almost frantic.

“I’m really sorry, but something came up that I can’t ignore. I hope you understand!” Baekhyun hung up his phone and ran his hand through his hair. What the hell was going on?

--

For once in his life, Baekhyun fell asleep at an early time. His phone was still clutched in his hands after trying to reach Chanyeol for the last four hours.

And even in his sleep, he felt it. The eyes. The uneasiness. His eyes snapped open, and he sat up in a room that wasn’t his.

His eyes went wide, and he jerked around in the sheets, looking around wildly, terror slowly washing over him as he realized where he was.

“Oh, god.”

He was at the house.

Moonlight flooded through the window, and Baekhyun slipped out of the bed. He was in the master bedroom. The room was slightly more furnished, and the lights were supposed to be working now, but when Baekhyun flipped the switch, nothing happened.

He tiptoed quietly over to the doors, eyes darting around rapidly. Baekhyun opened up the door quietly and peeked out into the hallway. It was empty and dark. Baekhyun was breathing hard as he opened the door, stepping out into the hallway.

He walked cautiously and slowly, looking around for any sign of movement. He went down the stairs slowly, just in case one of them creaked and gave away his position. He could see the round moon outside through the window at the front door, and noticed there was a fire burning in the fireplace in the living room. The shadows moved slightly, making Baekhyun’s breath hitch.

“Come in here. Don’t just stand there in the hallway like a creep.”

Baekhyun froze. That was Jongin’s voice. He hurried over to the living room and saw Jongin sitting across from the fireplace, drumming his fingers on the armrest. He glanced back at Baekhyun with a smile and patted the empty seat next to him. “I thought you’d never wake up.”

“What’s going on? Why am I here?” Baekhyun asked, eyes turning anxious and angry.

“This house is for you. It’s your dream house, remember? It has everything you ever wanted in it. I remember,” Jongin said, turning back to the fire.

“How do you know that? Who are you?” Baekhyun demanded.

Jongin stared at the fire until his head lowered slightly, and he closed his eyes. “I can make you happy here. It’s all I’ve ever wanted since I first saw you working on that project for your teacher. I told you I was going to build the house of your dreams. Don’t you remember?”

Jongin turned in his seat to see Baekhyun narrowing his eyes at him as he tried to remember. “No. I don’t. I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Figures. You might’ve thought it was a dream. I know your life is hard, and you have no idea how badly I wanted to make it easy for you. I didn’t want you to grow up spoiled, though. I made sure nothing bad happened to you. But you’re here now, your house is done, and I’m here to take care of everything you could possibly want.”

Baekhyun blinked a few times as he let Jongin’s words sink in, and he shook his head. “No. No. You can’t keep me here. I have friends, I have coworkers, I have Chanyeol. I need to find Chanyeol,” Baekhyun said, backing out of the living room and heading for the front door.

Jongin was in front of him in a flash, grabbing Baekhyun’s arms and shoving him back towards a wall, eyes full of anger. “Chanyeol is gone, and all your friends are gone. You finished the overpass job, so you don’t even have coworkers anymore. You’re alone, Baekhyun. Your family doesn’t want you. But I’m here. I want you. I need you,” Jongin said, eyes turning from anger to pleading.

Baekhyun’s chest heaved, his vision getting dizzy. He was terrified. And his breathing only intensified when Jongin leaned forward and nuzzled their cheeks together before pressing his lips to Baekhyun’s ear and kissing down his jawline.

“I can take care of you. I’ll take care of everything you need,” Jongin whispered. His grip on Baekhyun’s arms was starting to get painful.

“What do you mean Chanyeol is gone? What happened to him? And my friends? You know, don’t you?” Baekhyun croaked out, feeling horror and anxiety grip at his heart.

Jongin sighed and let go of one of Baekhyun’s arms, reaching up to his face gently. Baekhyun was sure he was going to have bruises. “Your friends are busy. And Chanyeol was getting in the way, so I got rid of him.”

Baekhyun tensed up underneath him and in a gasp. “You did what?” he asked quietly.

“You have to understand. You were mine first. And- and he touched you and defiled you. He had to be punished for playing with things that didn’t belong to him.”

Baekhyun stared at Jongin in disbelief as Jongin gazed at him fondly. He couldn’t believe it. Who was this psycho? “Where is he?”

“He’s gone. That’s all that matters. He’s gone, and I’m here. I’ll take care of you so much better than he ever could,” Jongin said, burying his face into the crook of Baekhyun’s neck.

“I’ll love you better than he ever could.”

--