Chapter 1

Silhouette

 

I met a strange person, his name is Kim Jinwoo.

 

I ignored it at first but as time goes on, I cannot help but to be bothered by it. " Can you stop following me? " I sigh as the short brunette panicked and cover his face with a hard-cover book. He was pretending not to hear me but I saw his hand shaking and his book was upside down. I chuckled but hide it before he lower the book and took a peak. 

 

When he saw me staring at him, he pulled the book up again. " You're book is upside down. " He gasped and quickly rotated it. Again, Jaewoo sighed and took the book away from Jinwoo's grip. " What do you want from me, shorty? Did someone pay you to spy on me or are you secretly planning to tie me up in a rocket and send me away to another planet? " 

 

Jinwoo stared at him with a mixed emotion of confusion and anxiousness. I guess my humor is not that good after all, Jaewoo thought. He scratched his head and crossed his arm. " Well, if you have anything to say, just speak up. " 

 

Jinwoo watched as Jaewoo put his book down and walked away. 

 

His heart beat increased and the drumming sound become louder and faster every step Jaewoo take. It hurt. Jinwoo clutched his chest and his whole body stiffened as if petrified. It hurt, it hurt, it hurt so much...

 

§                 §

 

That evening, Jaewoo was doing his homework when a call suddenly came. It was his close friend, Song Mino. ' Can I come over? ' 

 

" Oh hello and good evening to you too. " Jaewoo put his pen down and stood up from his chair. ' I ran away from home. My mom is furious. ' 

 

Jaewoo shook his head and sighed, " Chemistry or Math? " The person on the other end answered Chemistry. " 20%? " 

 

Upon asking that, he pull the phone away from his ear as the man inside it yelled, ' don't underestimate me! I passed, I got 50%! ' Jaewoo grinned and shook his head. Sarcastically he said, " Well congratulation, Mino. I'm extreamly proud of you. Look, I'm crying tears of joy. "

 

' Anyway, open your door. I am outside and I think it's going to rain. I don't want to get my shoes wet, plus, this shirt is brand new. ' Mino demanded. Jaewoo end the phone conversation and went out of his room to go for the door.

 

When he open it, Mino rushed in and treated the house as if it was his own. Jaewoo's mother peaked out the kitchen door and shook her head, " Your mother is going to be pissed. "

 

" She already is, aunty. " and without any hesitation, he went straight to Jaewoo's room. Mino invaded the room and fell on top of the bed. " Stop invading my privacy, you idiot. " 

 

Mino ignored him and rolled around the bed like a kitten when it rolled around the carpet. " So, how's your school life? Found a girlfriend yet? " Jaewoo scoffed, " Same old, same old. They think I'm weird because I dressed up like a biker and uses words like 'Cacophonous' and 'Aposiopesis' on daily basis. " Mino laughed and closed his eyes, enjoying the fluffiness of the bed he was rolling on.

 

" How about your school? I'm surprised you're able to stay this long. I thought you'd be expelled from the first day! " Jaewoo jeered down toward Mino. Mino just snorted. " Oh and there was this guy, I think he's a sophomore, he keep on following me around like a lost puppy. " 

 

" Maybe, " Mino sat up, " he has a puppy crush on you." Hearing that, Jaewoo leered. " Ridiculous. That's stupid. "

 

" You're against gays? " Mino asked. " Not really, I just... I don't mind them. " Jaewoo shrugged. He didn't see it but Mino stared at his face for a few more second before turning away to hide the look of chagrin.

 

 

 

290414,

silhouetteoflies.