The faitful encounter

Silhouette

 

 

The story started in junior year. Jaewoo was already stuck in detention on the second day of school. The teacher had told him to wait for the head of discipline in the library and with a languid mood, he waited. Despite being a problem child, Jaewoo was raised in a family of literate adults and he had caught on with his parent's love for literature. Library is not unfamiliar to him. He is gifted with the brain but that's about it, he is pretty much crap in everything else may it be having fun or just socializing with people.

 

On the first week of freshmen year the class had to introduce them self to each other. The students didn't know what to expect from a kid who just transferred from Japan, wearing black army jacket with matching black trouser and giving off the semblance of solitary on the first day. When Jaewoo divulge his love for books, he become the topic of laughter until he burst not long after that. 

 

Instead of raging off using his fist like everyone expected, he uses his intellect to tell them off and thus he was rewarded with the nickname 'silver tongue'. He had negotiated ( but the teacher like to call it 'talking back' ) with the teacher quite a lot and it has made his visit to the detention room a daily ritual. It was the same case on that eventful day.

 

§                 §

 

Jaewoo walked away from his waiting spot and approached the racks of books. He walked passed it, reading the title of each book he passed by briskly. He stopped when he found a book that sparked his interest. Just as he was about to pull the book out, another student had reached for it. Jaewoo shoot a look toward him and while frowning he said, " excuse you. "

 

The person who took the book stared at it timidly before slowly handing the book to Jaewoo. " I'm sorry, I was... I just... You can have it. " Jaewoo crossed his arm, crooked his head and stopped frowning. " You can have it, but next time don't just take it when you know someone else want to read the book. " he calmly said as he shook his head. The boy in front of him nodded as he lowered his head. Jaewoo knew he wanted to say something but before he could, he heard the stern and slightly distressed voice of the discipline teacher.

 

Jaewoo returned the frown on his face and sigh as he scratched the back of his head in annoyance. " Well, see ya' around kiddo. " Jaewoo said as he turned his body around and started walking toward the teacher. " Kim Jinwoo! " the shorter boy hollered. Jaewoo stopped on his track and looked back at him, " huh? "

 

" Kim Jinwoo, " he repeated in a quieter tone. " My name is Kim Jinwoo. Nice, nice to meet you... " Jaewoo was slightly taken aback from Jinwoo's bold introduction but nonetheless Jaewoo smiled. " Well that was weird but... I'm Jung Jaewoo, nice to meet you too. "

 

 

 

240414, Thursday.

silhouetteoflies