Chapter 1

Changed

It had been raining all day. There I was standing upon the glass window watching how the rain wet the earth. It had been 2 weeks since I last met - or to be more precise, last contacted my 2 years boyfriend, Byun Baekhyun. I tried to call him so many times but to no avail. He hasn't been picking up my calls nor reply to my texts. Where was he? He told me Exo and him were celebrating their 2 years anniversary together somewehre I'm not sure where it is. But that was 2 weeks ago, they couldn't be spending time that long and couldn't he take my calls? Was he that busy? I missed him so much. His voice, laughs, sweet nothings and his presence in this cold, empty apartment. That was when I combed back to our memories... 

 

"Oppa.. why are you like this?" I pouted when he didn't want to get himself off of me. Today was his off day and we were speding time together enjoying each others' acompany. "5 more minutes, baby." he said. "You've been saying that for the past 30 minutes." I said after he kissed my pout away. He then rolled over and I got up to sitting position. I looked at him that was staring at me with a warm smile. "What?" "What what? Can't I look at my beautiful girlfriend?" I rolled my eyes at him for saying cheesy thing like that which I liked so much. "You're so lame." I got off from the bed heading to the bathroom but stopped halfway when he grabbed my arm, "Where do you think you're going, baby girl?" he leaned closer until our faces were inches away. I blinked my eyes because he was too close that I couldn't see him clearly. He brushed his lips againts mine and kissed me. "B..Baek.." I subconsciously let it out as a moan. He slided his right hand around my waist and his other free hand roamed up and down my side body. He pushed our bodies towards the bathroom and I know where this was going.

 

I wiped my tears on my now damp cheeks when my phone started to ring. I didn't realize I was crying. Did I miss him that much? I sighed and walked towards the night stand to pick up my phone. I gasped as I read the caller ID was the person I've been longing to talk to. It's him. I quickly picked up his call without no hesitation. I was excited that he was actually calling me. "Oppa! How are you? Where are you? Why didn't you pick up my calls? I miss-" I was cut off by his annoyed scoff. Did I just bombard him with questions? Apparently I did. "I'm fine. Hey, I have something to sort out. Let's meet at the cafe near your apartment." He then hung up. What was that? He didn't even answer any of my questions. I went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth before grabbing my coat and umbrella and left to meet him. 

I entered the cafe and the bell chimed saying another customer came in. My eyes were scanning around the cafe until I spotted one figure that I knew so much. I walked towards his table and looked at him. He was more handsome now, his face was sharper than before and his hair color has changed which suited him very well. It was like I haven't seen him in ages. I came back to reality when a hand waved in front of my face. "Have a sit, ____." How I missed my name being called him. I sat opposite him and he asked me if I'd want any drinks but I shook my head no with a smile. "Okay, let's get to our main point here." Didn't he want to ask anything about me? How I've been doing for the last 2 weeks without him? What's with him? I shrugged my thoughts off not wanting to annoy him. "What is it, oppa?" He took a breath before saying "I couldn't do this anymore." Oh, what was this? What did he mean by this? "What are you talking about? I don't understand." My voice was slow and my heart was beating faster that he might hear it. "Let's end our relationship." My heart felt like as if it had stopped beating hearing his words. "Don't you think it's a waste of time? I mean, I barely see you. I couldn't make time for you because I'm busy with practices, promotions, concerts and interviews." I tried to process what he was saying but I knew it was hurting me. "Look, I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to have you waiting for me without knowing if I'd come home or not. I don't want you to be alone without my presence at home. You understand, right?" I blinked away the threatening tears in my eyes before looking up at him. "But, why so sudden? Weren't we okay before this? You're the one that promised me nothing could drift us apart but why are saying these things now?" I tried to keep myself calm. I didn't want to make a scene in this cafe with people in it. "You don't understand my situation, ____!" He raised his voice to me. "I am an idol. I'm a busy person. You do know that! You do know how my work works, how my fans are, how I'm busy with the promotions and all." I just kept quite didn't know what to say. "You don't understand because you're not an idol! You don't-" This time, I cut him off. "If that's what you want. No need to shout." I finally looked up to his gaze. I pulled out the promise ring he gave me saying that he'd marry me in the future - it was ashes now - and handed it to him. His eyes widened at my reaction. "I wish you the best, Baekhyun-shi" With that, I stood up and headed to the door. The rain was pouring heavily but I didn't care to cover myself with the umbrella I have brought along. The pain was killing me. Didn't he love me anymore that he said the word "break up" easily? I heard him calling me but I kept on running and running scared that I would break down in front of him. I didn't want him to see that I was weak as I actually was. I didn't know if it was the rain or my own tears that was damping my cheeks. I just wanted to head home, and let it all loud.

 

 

 

A month has passed since I broke up with Baekhyun. I didn't know how did I get through the last 4 weeks without him but I thought I was turning okay. At least, he has made it official that there was nothing between us anymore. It still hurt me but I knew I had to move on. It's not like I'd die without him by my side, was it? I'd cry sometime thinking about him, us. I wondered has he been eating well? Was he healthy? I avoided any news about him or Exo. Some members called me asking why didn't I come to watch their practise or bring them food but I just said that I was busy and didn't have time to visit them. By now, I was sure they already knew about me and Baekhyun. 

 

I was watching my favourite Korean drama in the hall when a knock was heard on my front door. I ignored it thinking I misheard, but when the knocks turned into banging, I hoped off from the comfy couch to see who it was from the peephole. I thought I was dreaming when the person was Baekhyun. I hesitated if I should open the door or not. Then I heard he said "____, I know you're in there. Open up!" I waited for couple of seconds before opening the door. I acted as if I didn't hear his knocks earlier. "Finally... Hey." He gave me a warm smile. I missed that smile. "Oh, Baekhyun. It's you! Hey" I faked a giggle but only God knew how much I wanted to just jump into his arms but I got a hold of myself. "May I come in?" I didn't know what to answer. Should I let him in? I scratched my neck and opened the door wider to let him in. He smiled and walked pass me. I closed the door behind me and led him to the hall. Thank God it wasn't messy or else I'd be embarassed. As we both sat, there was complete awkward silence. I the television, "I should get you some drink. Wait here." I said before walking to the kitchen and he just smiled.

I came back with two glasses of orange juice in my hand and placed them on the coffee table. "So, how have you been ____?" he asked. "I've been good. And you?" I laughed a small laugh. "I dont know.." His voice was soft but I could sense there was something wrong. "Is everything alright?" I was concerned because however, I still loved him. I thought I should at least be there for him if he had any problem. "I'm sorry.." "What are you saying? Why are you sorry?" He looked up right into my eyes, "for hurting you. I'm sorry for that." I looked away, avoiding his gaze. I didn't know how to react eventhough I had forgave him. "Oh that.. It's okay. Are you here just to say that?" He slowly nodded. It was silence again. I fidgeted with my fingers. I could see him looking at me from the corner of my eye. His gaze was making me uncomfortable. "I'm sorry for what I've done to you. I'm sorry for making you feel worthless and you had to wait for me everyday with me not picking up your calls and reply to your texts. I tried to call you _____, but you didn't pick up. So, I decided to come here. I'm really sorry." I turned to face him, I fought back the urge to just cry and say how much I miss him but I couldn't do that. 

"I forgave you a long time ago, Baek." How could I not notice the dark circles under his eyes? How skinnier he was now? Hasn't he been eating well? Maybe he's tired from the practices and concerts Exo was having. "I couldn't help myself but to think about you. I didn't know why did I decide to call the relationship off. I regret it so much. I felt lost when you no longer come to my practise, you were not there to support me anymore whenever I'm down. It was klling me, ______. It really was. I'm not sure why didn't I feel this way before I decided to break up with you. I was stupid to let someone as precious as you go. I'm sor-" I cut him off by putting my index finger on his lips. "Shh.. enough with the sorry's." I smiled at him and his eyes looked at my finger and his hand slowly took it from his lips to his lap. He looked into my eyes, "Would you be mine again?" I nodded and threw my arms around his neck to pull him closer. "I promise to fix this. I'll change. For you." He pulled out the promise ring I handed to him on the day we broke up and he slided it on my ring finger, "I'd love to, then."

 

 

 

OMG I KNOW THIS IS SO LAME AND BORING 

I'm really sorry for any wrong-spelling and other mistakes.