Tao

Dense? Not Really

Tao’s POV

“I’m in-love with you. But the thing is, you’re really dense. I did everything to make you notice that I have feelings for you. When we are not together, I always send a message to check on you. I surprised you during your birthday, and I even baked cupcakes for you. I just don’t understand why you still don’t know that I’m in-love with you.”

There was a moment of silence after that. I opened my mouth to say something but he stopped me from talking.

“You don’t have to say anything Tao.  I know you’d reject me, and there’s a possibility that we’ll be awkward after this. But I just wanted to get this out of me. I’d probably regret this because you might push me away and you might even not want to talk to me ever again.”

Sehun cupped my cheeks and caressed it using his thumb before saying “I love you Huang Zitao” and pressed his lips against mine. It was a gentle kiss, but I felt his sincerity from it. He pulled away slightly before standing up, and when he was about to take another step away from me, I decided to speak.

“What if… What if that person is not really dense? What if he’s just afraid to fall?”

Sehun stopped walking and turned around to look at me “What… what do you mean?”

I walked towards him and reached out to hold both of his hands “Hun-ah, are you willing to listen to my explanation?” He just nodded and I pulled him with me to sit down on the bench again.

One habit of mine is that whenever I’m nervous, I would hold Sehun’s hand because it makes me relax. So before talking, I took Sehun’s hand again and intertwined our fingers together. “Remember when I scolded our other classmates after they made fun of you?”

He nodded and squeezed my hand gently “Mhm. I kind of wondered why you did that. I’m thankful of course, but it was just unusual because we didn’t know each other during that time.” I smiled as I recalled about what happened on that day.

“The reason why I did that is because I don’t want others to experience being bullied. When I was still in China, I was actually bullied. They said I look like an emo freak because of my eyes, and they said I look like a weakling. So I didn’t have any friends at school. No one wanted to hang out with me, and worse, no one even wanted to talk to me. But everything changed when I met someone who is a year older than me. He started talking to me a lot. We go to school together, we eat together during break time, and he even hangs out with me at my house.”

“Wow, sounds like you’re really close with him huh?” Sehun said while drawing circles on my hand gently using his finger.

I nodded before speaking again “Yeah, we spent a lot of time together. Months passed by and I realized that I fell for him. So I confessed to him, but he said I misunderstood his actions. He was doing that because he felt pity for me.” I scoffed and kicked the pebble in front of me.

“If I’m going to use an analogy for what I felt using that time, I’d compare it to a child who’s going to jump. The child jumped, and he’s expecting that someone will catch him when he falls. But no one catched him after he fell, so in the end he got hurt.”

I played with his fingers while talking and took a deep breath “I know that I’m in-love with you Sehun. I’m just afraid to admit it to myself. I don’t want to get hurt again. I want someone to catch me when I fall. And I just—“

I wasn’t able to continue with what I was saying because Sehun suddenly flicked my forehead which made me stand up because it really hurt “Yah! What was that for?” I looked at him and pouted while rubbing the sore spot.

“Paboooo. You should’ve thought that the person you fell for during the past and I are different. Why would I not catch you when you fall? And actually, it wasn’t hard to fall for you.” He said and smiled at me.

“Tsch, do you need to hit me because of that?” Sehun suddenly stood up too before pulling me closer to him and hugged me.

“Arasso, I’m sorry.” I hugged him back and rested my chin on his shoulder

“You’re lucky I love you. Or else I’d also hit you back.”  I heard him giggling like a girl so I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. “Why are you laughing now?”

“Because you said you love me.” He grinned and pecked the tip of my nose.

“A-aniya! I didn’t say that!” I buried my face on his neck because I was embarrassed and I didn’t want Sehun to see me blushing.

“Eyyy, you just did! You don’t need to deny your feelings for me Taotao. Actually, you should be the one who’ll catch me because I fell for you first.” He then nuzzled my neck after.

I hit his arm playfully before hugging him tighter. “Aish, so cheesy.”

He chuckled before pulling away from our hug and called my name “Huang Zitao~”

“Yes Oh Sehun?” I said and looked at him

“I love you.” I cupped his cheeks and kissed him before mumbling against his lips

“I love you too.”

- - -

Aaaand, it's done! Hooray for the happy ending \o/

Thank you for subscribing to my story~ I hope you enjoyed reading it even though it's not that long ^^ And sorry if the update is kinda late. I updated it today on purpose because it's Tao's birthday :>

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUANG ZITAAAAO \o/

Comment below so that I will know your opinions and suggestions. Thank you again!

-chescuuuuuh14♥