Diary

Dear Diary

Baekhyun wakes up again in the morning, this time sure and ready. It has been a year now and everyday he would still remind Nikki how much he loves her. Many people will think that his love may have depreciated throughout the year. Many have doubted their love for one another. 

Every morning Baek would go back to Nikki's house and she would hug him immediately knowing that he was the love of her life from reading all the memories he put down on her little diary. Memories like: eating ice cream together, riding the bike together, their first selca together and more. It was a cheesy kind of thing, but it was all worth it. Baekhyun loves this girl, even if she doesn't love him back permanently. Baekhyun would do anything for her to love him every single day, even if that means courting her every single day as well. Life was a series of diary entries for Nikki and Baekhyun. Time passes with every single diary entry she writes to her "tomorrow".

Dear Diary, 

Life is all good. I pasted a picture of a selca with me and Baekhyun. In case I don't remember, Baekhyun is my boyfriend and he loves me so much. So if you meet him, be nice to him and show him love! Make sure to spend your day with him and be happy! I just wished that I could remember without having to read this stupid diary! Well, it's my bestfriend for now! It will help me remember my Byun Baekhyun! 
Today, Minseok proposed to Hye Rim Unnie! It was magical, so tomorrow you better congratulate them again! Also, Dad repainted Chanyeol's grave, yes Nikki, Chan is now dead, but don't be sad! Remember that he is always looking down on you! 
Don't be surprised if Baekhyun appears on you doorstep tomorrow! You invited him over to have breakfast!

~Nikki

 

Dear Diary,

Hye Rim Unnie got married to Minseok today! It was truly magical! I pasted a picture of what you wore that day! Baekhyun was handsome in that suit! Oh yeah, you and Baek gave that tea set to Hye Rim so just make sure you acknowledged that! 
Oh yes! Kiss Baekhyun goodmorning everyday!

~Nikki


The series of diary entries Nikki writes to her "tomorrow" helps her remember what happened to her "yesterday". Her diary was getting full as she decides to refill it leaving the previous pages in a small box like before. Baekhyun was coming over again tonight, and Nikki was told to dress nicely. She didn't know what to expect of Baekhyun. 

The knocks on the door were timid yet loud enough for her to hear. She opens the door to the trying to be y Byun Baekhyun. His hair was swept with hairspray. Nikki could tell, since the smell of the spray scooted up to her nose, burned down her oesophagus and into her suffocating lungs, although she didn't mind. All she cared was that Baekhyun was there for her. He gazed up at her and that was when she recognised the pink ombré rose slipped in his lips. She giggled in his effort. Unfortunately the rose fell on the ground.

"I'll get it", he said bending over to get the rose. Nikki smiles at him. For over a year now he has been introducing himself. Although, to Nikki, he was still this familiar stranger.

"Hello, Nikki! I am Byun Baekhyun and I am your lover", Baekhyun said reaching for her hand to be kissed by his lips. He gestured for a kiss. As he planted it on her hand, Nikki could feel the softness and tenderness of his kisses.

"Much like a rose", she said describing how tender his lips were brushing against her hand. Baekhyun smiles as if she has already said it before.

"Just like you said the last time!", Baekhyun recalls. Nikki was left befuddled. She doesn't know what he was talking about. 

"Diary. 12th page...", Baekhyun tries to remind her. She flicks vigorously on the pages of her diary. Finally locating the page, with the title: the Kiss.

Dear Diary,

He kissed me. No, not on the cheek or the hand like he usually does! On the lips! My first kiss is with some guy I barely know, well technically I've known him for a very long time, but how was I supposed to know that!
He brought me home today after that stupid match where my favourite team lost! He brought me as far as our door. There he leaned on the wall as if to wait for me to gesture first. He held my shoulders and we switched places, just like a dance. I was now on the stone cold wall with his hands on my shoulders, squeezing them as if he wanted something more. It hurted my arms, but I cannot deny him. He leaned closer to my face, the only thing I could think about is...kiss.
His lips brushed against mine, as if he was unexperienced himself. I was correct, I was his first kiss. His lips were plump and full of life. Not dry like mine in the winter. His breath was circling my lips in minty swirls. I don't know whether it was gum th
at I smelled or was it naturally his breath? It lasted for longer than I expected, but how was I supposed to remember this very moment? I am sure I'll forget it tomorrow again. It pains me to know that memories like this won't last. He promised me, to remind me of this kiss everyday.

~Nikki

"Baekhyun, you promised me that you'll remind me everyday of this kiss", Nikki tells him. He smiles and leans again. He plants a small kiss on her lips. Once again, as gentle as the rose, this time with more emotions, more feelings and passion. He was gentle yet, full of passion. He whispers into Nikki's ear. 

"Happy Birthday Nikki", he said as he drags her out the door. He makes sure that she doesn't fall while running in her heels. He crouches down.

"Hop on! We can't risk your heels!", Baekhyun tells her. She climbs onto his back and he ran with her as if she was feather light. "Put me down, Baekhyun, you'll injure your back!", Nikki begs him. "Where are we?", Nikki asks as she looks around the magical place. "Just trust me, put this on and I will guide you", Baekhyun told her. Nikki nodded her head, she trusts Baekhyun, she puts on the blindfold he gave her and let him guid her down the steps. 

"Ready?", Baekhyun asks. The smile was evident on Nikki's face. She nods at him to tell him to take off her blindfold. He did. Colours swirl in Nikki's vision as he takes off her blindfold. She stares at the place, the place was covered in balloons of all colours, it was magical. The studion looked amazing, she felt like she has been in this studio before. Little did she know, this was the very studio she dreamt of. Recalling his promise to Richard, Baekhyun did his very best to improve the room. Hanging butterflies design and fairy lights. Nikki stares as she sees the pictures he put up. Those were the pictures they took together. Nikki didn't notice her teary eyes as she explores the wonders of every moment. Moments she most likely have forgotten. 

"Thank you...", she tells Baekhyun, who was wiping his own tear. "Nikki, you are the one I should thank. For giving me a whole experience, a life lesson. You taught me to be patient, and most of all you taugh me how to love", Baekhyun explains to her. 

He envelops her into a warm embrace. "Nikki, do you know why we are here?", Baekhyun asks her. Nikki shakes her head in confusion. "Actually no, why are we here?", Nikki asks Baekhyun. "We are here to help you remember every single birthday that you forgot and missed, starting from your very first birthday", Baekhyun tells her to look at the big projector where a family video plays for her.

First Birthday: 

"Chanyeol, what would you like to say to your new baby sister?", Richard's voice was heard. "I would like to say that I will be the best big brother ever!", a five year old Chanyeol says with actions to match. 

Richard comes out with a cake and a number one candle behind Baekhyun and Nikki. "Happy birthday Princess", he whispers. He let Nikki blow out the candle and played the next video.

Second Birthday:

"Nikki, happy birthday, mommy loves you!"

Nikki's eyes tear up as she hears her mother's voice once again. Richard comes back out with another cake, this time with a number two candle on it. They did this until they reached the age when the car accident occured.

"Nikki, we never got to celebrate your birthday when the accodent occured, so we'll celebrate it now!", Richard tells his daughter. Nikki moves over to Minseok and his pregnant wife. "How are you coping?", Nikki asks Hye Rim. "Great, thanks Nikki, for everything, you taught me a lot of lessons as well", Hye Rim hugs Nikki. 

"Baekhyun, thank you for loving my daughter. For showing her the love I forgot to show her throughout the years. You have my blessing", Richard said. Something Baekhyun really wanted to hear for the past year. He was ready. Ready to spend his life with Nikki, even if she doesn't remember him.

"Sir, I am comfortable enough to know that your duaghter will never forget me, will never forget the love of her life", Baekhyun reassures Richard. "I know", Richard tells him and leaves him as Nikki approaches.

"Nikki, all I ever want to say is that I want to spend my life with you. Will you marry me?", Baekhyun kneels down in front of her. She tears up, tears of joy. 

"Baekhyun, you helped me remember every single moment of my life, haply or sad. And I thank you for that! Honestly, I was scared to death to know that I might lose you. I was scared to death, that I can't get through this lonely life wothout you. So all I have to say is ...yes, Byun Baekhyun. Of course I want to spend my life with you....