Do I know you?

Dear Diary

"Another day another dollar", Baekhyun thought as he rose from his new bed. Not a very rich bed but still better than the one in Junmyeon's place. He sat on his bed, admired the view he has from his balcony and smiled. He remembers Nikki from yesterday and the thought of seeing her again today. He decides to take a shower. Baekhyun only likes singing in the shower when he is in a good mood, in which today he was in a good mood. He occassionally dances as well, but he likes singing better. He dried himself with the only towel he had. He walked passed the mirror and slowly admired himself first before leaving the mirror. He puts on his best clothes for today with the thought of Nikki in mind. He made sure to spray a good few puffs of his CK perfume. He tries to spray it in the air and glide through it but then decides that it wasn't worth his time. He tried to style his hair better than usual, but decided to wear it like normal since Nikki said she liked it that way. "I'm ready", he thought to himself. He went out the door with his rucksack and his only combat boots and locked the door to his new "home". He skipped merrily down the stairs since he wanted a good excercise. The smell of the pancakes, eggs and bacon greeted him as he walked down. He smiled at the thought of accomplishment pf getting an accomodation on top of a café. 

"Hey, Baekhyun! Come here!", Minseok, the main barista of the café called him. He smiled and approached. Baekhyun finally met a friend.

"What's up Minseok?", Baekhyun asks in a cool tone, like he always does. Minseok just shook his head and gave Baekhyun his breakfast. Baekhyun was contemplating whether or not he would eat this platter. In fact , he was contemplating whether or not to eat at all today. Minseok just gives him an intrigued look.

"Baekhyun, anything wrong? The playter is on the house so don't worry about bills!", Minseok said nicely. Baekhyun patted his back and ate the platter with full appetite. He is still thinking whether he should save this platter for later and maybe also the day after today. 

"Hey! Don't think about it ok? I am offering you a job, work here in the café and all your meals are free!", Minseok offers Baekhyun. Of course he accepted the offer. It was the only chance he could eat at least once in a day. And if ever he wanted to take Nikki out on the date he would have spare cash.

Minseok left Baekhyun to finish his meal. At that very moment the door chimes rang again, like yesterday. And also like yesterday, Baekhyun decides to check who the wind brought. The same girl from yesterday, Nikki. She sat in the same place and wore the same hoodie she did yesterday. The baby pink hoodie which was too big for her. The same waitress greeted Nikki with the same order from yesterday. And they both had the same smile to greet each other. Nikki took the newspaper which was laid on the table as if it was meant to be for her. After reading only the front page, she decides to slice her pancakes. Baekhyun noticed that it was strawberries this time and not bananas. He smiled at the thought that she would get different fruits for different days. And like yesterday, Baekhyun's feet decideds to drag him towards the girl. He finds himself sitting down without permission. He smiles at Nikki, but she doesn't smile back.

"Hey, pretty lady!", Baekhyun greets her. He remembers the memo he took from her yesterday. She secretly wanted guys to call her "pretty lady", and that was what she told Baekhyun yesterday. She didn't look too happy with his greeting and just ignored him with an angry sigh. Crowds of waiters and waitresses mumble to each other the scenery of Baekhyun and Nikki. Wondering why Baekhyun was talking to this girl that is usually ignored and is supposed to be ignored by everyone.

"Hey, are you mad?", Baekhyun asks her with another one of his melting smiles. She couldn't take it anymore. She rose from her seat and her unfinished breakfast. Crowds of people gather around the their table wanting to know what happened. 

"Mad? Why? Well, who are you anyways? I don't even know you! Get out of my face you erted....ughh!", Nikki screamed at Baekhyun leaving him looking down at his mucky combat boots. She stormed out of the café.

"Who was he? What dod he want from me?", was all that Nikki could think of. She did not know who the guy was and why he was rude enough to greet her like that. She hasn't seen him her whole life and suddenly calls her "pretty lady". Well, Nikki was wrong. She has seen this guy before. A guy she quite liked actually. A guy she spent hours talking to the day before. The thing is, she can't remember him.

"What happened Baekhyun?", a worried Minseok approached the surprised Baekhyun. He couldn't utter a word.

"I don't know Minseok. Yesterday, we talked and today....well..", Baekhyun tried to search his mind for answers but he just can't.

"Minseok! Don't you know how to control your people?", the older waitress asks angrily. 

"Doesn't he know that Nikki shouldn't be approached?", she comtinued. Baelhyun looked at Minseok who was blushing with guilt and had a panicky look upon his face.

"Oh, sorry! I really am! I didn't know it would come to this!", Minseok apologised as if the waitress was such a goddess. Baekhyun struggled to find answers to everything that just happened. He was the innocent victim in the mask of a villain, in this situation.

"Can someone please tell me what's going on?!", Baekhyun suddenly got the courage and the right words to explain what he thinks right now. Minseok nodded his head and convinced the waitress explain. She rolled her eyes and warned Minseok and Baekhyun.

"Alright! But I am only gonna say this to you once! So you better listen carefully!", the waitress started to say. Minseok, even if he heard this story so many times now, is still interested. The story melts his heart everytime he hears it.

"Nikki, is Richard's daughter, the owner of Old Hallows. Everyone in this village are super close to each other that secrets are bound to be revealed whatever you do! On the afternoon of the 22nd of April, Nikki's birthday, her father, her brother and herself were in a major car crash while they were on their way to go and celebrate Nikki's birthday..."

<>

It was Nikki's birthday. Every year, she would go to the local café and eat her favourite food. She would usually go home and do a few activities with her father like badminton, golf, surfing or sometimes just lounging around. She would do the same with her brother, Chanyeol, they were awfully close to each other, in fact people say they look alike!

"I just want to stay home for my birthday this year dad! I want to spend it with you and Chanyeol here in our house!", Nikki said as she hugs her older brother and her father. Nikki didn't want to have a big celebration, especially that she likes simple things. Her father, however, insisted that they go out of town for the day of her birthday, as a reward for all of them. 

"Yeah, Nikki, enjoy your birthday! Now that I am going to the Navy we won't get to spend anymore time together!", Chanyeol says as he hugs his beloved little sister. He was chosen to be in the Korean navy and wants to spend most of his time with his sister.

"For, you Chan oppa! Fine, let's go to that out of town trip!", Nikki says as she rolls her eyes playfully. Both her father and her brother squeezed her with hugs full of love and affection. 

The day of Nikki's birthday came and that morning she went down to the café and ordered her favourite pancakes with melting chocolate syrup and chopped fruits on top. She cherished every bite and when she finished she thank the very same waitress, and head out the door. When she got home, her father was already packing their things into their old travel jeep. And her brother was taking things from their house. He smiled at his little sister as if he already misses her.

"Let's go I'm excited!", Nikki exclaims as her brother pushes her into the car playfully and her father just joins in their laughter. They were a family of good singers. Her father had a deep soothing voice, while Chanyeol had a deep husky relaxing tone in his. They decided to sing a song fit for their journey. Nikki whips out her diary to write her emotions. She recorded everything in that diary and never misses a day. Every day, every year since her mother died when she was 10. And when she runs out of pages to fill she would buy refills and archive the other paper in a box in her room. 

"Diary again?", Chanyeol asks her while peeping in. She hides her diary as her brother rolls his eyes at her. Getting sunk into the journey songs and all the singing. Richard, her dad, didn't notice a stray cat crossing the road. He steers the wheel and meets another car on the other side of the road, he steers again but finds himself amd his two kids unconscious inside their jeep. 

Blood, everyhwere, crying was evident. Richard struggled to get out of the position he was in and check his daughter first before his son. He saw the big cute on his daughter's head which could have been worse if ever Chanyeol didn't protect her in his arms. Chanyeol's arms were around Nikki's body. He had the worst impact. His head was bleeding, his body was bleeding. He wasn't breathing.

"Son...?", was all that Richard could muster as he didn't notice the tear that fell from his eyes.

Locals decided to help them immediately after seeing the wreckage. Richard being attended to and him seeing his two kids being taken into ambulances. One in a stretcher and one in a body bag.

"I am one bad father... I should have listened....", was all that came out of his mouth. 

"Are you the father of the girl?", the doctor at the hospital asked him. He nodded faintly.

"She is fine, she will be awake soon. But we ran tests to see of her there are any internal bleeding. There weren't any, but, I am sorry to say that your daughter qualified for Anterogada amnesia. I will check her status and I will leave you. If you have anymore questions to ask me, I will be one call away!", the doctor said leaving Richard at a pitiful state.

<>

"Wow...", was all that Baekhyun could say. He realised he was crying at the story and wiped his tear with the nearby napkin. Minseok, who has heard this story several times now was still crying his eyes out. 

"So, Chanyeol...? He is dead?", Baekhyun decides to ask. The waitress nodded.

"Yes, but Richard made Nikki know that he left for the Navy, Nikki doesn't know that her beloved brother has now passed. She waits everyday for him to come back, little did she know.", the waitress said finally wiping her tears as Minseok hands her a napkin.

"Poor child...", Minseok managed to comment. Baekhyun was determined however.

"It's Anterogade amnesia? Is there hope that she can remember again?", Baekhyun asked full of hope. The waitress shook her head.

"We gave up on it two years ago...the doctor said her amnesia had no hope", Minseok said because the waitress couldn't talk anymore. She was too sad now.

"I can't give up like all of you! I am gonna make her remember every bit of her life starting from day 1! I know that maybe I cannot do it because I don't know her personally, but that is where you guys come along!", Baekhyun decides. Minseok and the waitress were lit up with hope that maybe this new boy can make Nikki's life an easier journey.

"To do that, I am gonna need to talk to Richard...", Baekhyun said.