Leave and Retrieve

Love Love Curse
Please log in to read the full chapter

●Chapter Two; Leave and Retrieve

 

Bom stepped over his writting body and sauntered like nothing happened. She didn't care that she just stole someone's will. It was one thing to treat a friend so badly, but this - taking away a strangers choice makes Dara shake.

 

"You... you just can't leave him there!"

 

Bom turned to Dara, flicking her red hair over her shoulder. "Don't be stupid Dee, he'll find me. They always do. You really need to come to grips with it."

 

Dara focused on the man curled in a fetal position, rocking back and forth on the ground. She knew she couldn't call for help - drawing attention to herself could rish exposing them both.

 

"Why this one, Bom? Why did you turn him?" Dara asked.

 

"Well.. he's cute. Plus," she continued with a smirk. "He has a nice shoes. You know what I say - a guy with a nice shoes brings good luck."

 

Dara's mouth dropped and she stared at her friend. Bom just ruined the young man's life because of his shoes. "It wasn't too lucky for him, was it?"

 

"You're alwasy so melodramatic," Bom said. "Besides, I haven't turned a guy in a week. I'm starting to feel under-appreciated."

 

"You gotta be kidding me."

 

Bom ignored her and continued, "Nothing makes me feel good as loved as a fresh conquest, they're so desperate to please, their passion heightened, overcoming all their other desires." The side of curled and she squinted her eyes. "They'll do whatever I ask in order to make me happy - even jumping off a building to their death! Don't ask how I know that. I just do." 

 

Dara shuddered. It was the reasons that made Dara hate her gift, if you call it like that. Gift felt like a sick term for what it was they really did. Steal. Forcing a man to love her was not something she found delighted in, in fact, it made her sick. "I just don't think it's right, that's all." she called after Bom, who was now a good few feet ahead of her.

 

Bom paused and rubbed the bridge of her nose. "First with the cab and now this, she's relentless!" she sighed, turning back to Dara. "Is this the whole I want true love rant again? Because if it is - "Bom continued finishing her sentence as she walked. "I'm tired of hearing it. Dee, you have to understand those women in true love situation would die to get what we have. Well.. what I have - a man whose only desire is doing their will."

 

Dara clenched her fist and shook her head. For the first time in her life she didn't care Bom might get mad at what she was about to say. "People don't want slaves. They want someone to see their worst qualities and still choose to love them."

 

"You're such a downer," Bom said as she adjusted her purse and rested her hand on her hip. "If what we do is bad then why would gods have gifted us with this kind of ability, huh?"

 

"I don't know?" Dara hung her head low in defeat - it was the very question she asked herself everyday. Why had the gods choose her to be a pleasure-seeker or a hedoness? Why couldn't she have been born to another family and missed the freak gene? Dara glanced one last time at the man on the ground before taking a hesitant step towards Bom. It was times like these that she reconsidered their friendship. Loneliness was starting to look like a viable option.

 

"Dee, stop moping around. We have first block in five minutes." Bom stared at her, resting her hands and tapping her feet impatiently. "Today's the day we get to pick what Hedoness we're doing at out final projects on. I want to get there before someone picks Marilyn Monroe"

 

She wanted to yell at Bom. To say that being late wouldn't be such a problem if she hadn't stopped and turn someone, but instead she said, "But what about him?"

 

 Bom rolled her eyes, "Have you not heard a thing I said?" she let out a dramatic breath. "Seriously Dee, you know how to rub a girl the wrong way. Forget

Please log in to read the full chapter