ℰpilogue

Sweet & Sour ∗ 스위트 & 사워
Epilogue
The Flutters

I

 

“H-help.....”

 

Both Dajung and Woobin averted their gaze towards the woman in awe. “Mrs. Park!! What happened? Are you okay?” Dajung quickly went to Mrs. Park and gave her a support with her own weight.

 

“I’m not....I feel like....” Mrs. Park was stuttered badly when she wanted to express her own condition. Woobin who was curious about this scene in front of his eyes, approached Dajung slowly but in second later, his hands been grabbed in a harsh way by Mrs. Park. “It’s hurt!! My belly...ahh....ahh!”

 

Woobin sent his panic glance to Dajung. “What we’re going to do? You’re a woman right – so you must know what to do in this situation?”

 

“Yah!!” Dajung yelled but she quickly closed as Mrs. Park once again hollered in pain. “I’m a woman – but I’d never delivered a baby, you idiot!”

 

Woobin just wanted to yell back to Dajung as she had said him as an ‘idiot’; which was a word that he disapproved of for himself before Mrs. Park tightens her grip to Woobin’s arms. “I-I think I’d to go to hospital.... Maybe it’s time....”

 

“Oh no...” Woobin gulped. He didn’t want to be the person who will welcome the baby for sure. Just a thought about it could make he almost fainted.

 

Dajung who was trying to figure out something was scanning for her surroundings until her eyes fixed to a white sport car – which is Woobin’s. “Woobin sshi! Your car....you can drive it to bring her to the hospital right?”

 

“Of course yes; but how can I drive? You see, this Mrs. Park is clinging onto me!” Woobin quickly exclaimed to make Dajung realized their current condition.

 

“You....Dajung ahh....” Then, Mrs. Park suddenly showed her index finger towards Dajung. “...drive the car....”

 

“What??!” Dajung and Woobin screamed in unison. Then, both of them looked to one another.

 

“Can I drive his car?”

 

“No!! She can’t drive my car!!”

 

“No!!” Woobin yelled unknowingly as he had a thought about that matter. Dajung shook her head.

 

This guy was really troublesome.

 

“But you must...give the permission for me to drive your car! It’s for Mrs. Park and her baby safety!” Dajung tried to point out her reason but Woobin shook his head fervently.

 

“It’s all because of their safety – so that I won’t give someone without any driving license will drive a car; my car!” Woobin snapped at Dajung with his teeth gritted as he didn’t want anyone to touch his ‘baby’.

 

“But! You’re my driving instructor! So, I can drive it under your surveillance so that the police wouldn’t ever take away your license; and we can send Mrs. Park safely to the hospital.”

 

“But you are not a good driver – and I don’t want anyone to hurt my car!”

 

“I promise you that I won’t.”

 

“I can’t believe that kind of promise.”

 

Dajung let out a sigh. What could she do in order to make Woobin change his mind though?

 

“Ahh!! You two – just hurry up with the decision will you?” Mrs. Park yelped in agony and let out her anger as Dajung and Woobin still couldn’t decide who would in charge of drive.

 

Woobin let out a sad sigh before he glanced to his car. Then, he slowly took the key of his lovely white sport car and gave it to Dajung without even looked to her face. “Take this! I can’t believe that I’ll finally give my ‘baby’ to be drive by someone else – a person without any license though.”

 

Dajung smirked. “Don’t worry. I’ll take care of your...baby.” She tried her best not to laugh as soon as she said the ‘baby’ word, and she took carefully the keys from Woobin’s hand. Without any second to delay afterwards, she quickly pressed the ‘unlock car’ button.

 

TWOOT

 

“Bring her into the car, carefully and slowly.” Dajung told Woobin the next step as he just statued himself – didn’t know what exactly he had to do. She opened the passengers’ door widely before she went to the driver seat and took a deep breath.

 

Woobin nodded and slowly escorted Mrs. Park who was still clinging onto his shirt to the passengers’ seat and closed the door soon after. Dajung glanced to Woobin for a second before starts the engine.

 

“Ready?” Dajung turned around to see both Woobin and Mrs. Park behind her. Woobin gave a death glare to her.

 

“Just drive it carefully, Han Dajung.” Dajung smiled and did a salute pose to Woobin before put her full focus to the car and the road.

 

VROOM

 

Eventhough Woobin did give Dajung his permission to drive his car; he still couldn’t stop himself from nagging all over about the way Dajung drive.

 

“Left!! Turn left!”

 

“Stop! Press the brake pedal!”

 

“Don’t pull the handbrake too much – my baby is still new, you see?”

 

“Signal!! Right! To the right, yes!”

 

And not enough with all that, he would even call Dajung by her name; not her family name only – which he had never did it before.

 

“Dajung!!”

 

“Dajung ahh!!”

 

“Han Dajung sshi!! Slow a little bit, won’t you?” Woobin did yell a lot until his voice became husky.

 

Dajung nodded. “Yes sir! I got that point Mr. Kim!”

 

Mrs. Park glanced to the two people that were being in the same car with her in silence. She was the one who supposed to yell all over as she felt a throbbing pain in her belly; was remained calm and silence as if Woobin had already be her representative to let out all her sickness feelings that developed in her.

 

And she did feel something about Dajung and Woobin;

 

...they should be together as a loving partner, one day in the future.

 

 

II

 

TAP

 

Woobin slowly dragged himself out from the hospital. Then, he took his time shortly after to stare vacantly to the sky with a thankful heart that he could finally been here safely. The doctor had already took Mrs. Park away minutes before to the surgery room; and that’s explained why he could went out from the building.

 

His eyes slightly opened and he made his way to his car with a shaking heart. “Baby....my precious baby.... Are you okay? Do you feel scared? I’m so sorry, baby...” He slowly caressed his car with both of his eyes closely shut.

 

He loved his car very much...as it was his first thing that he bought it by his very own salary. Plus, he never let anyone drove it; even touched it for a bit but today, he had broken his own rules and let Dajung – the amateur driver to drive his baby.

 

And that did give him a slight – no, a lot of goose bumps and he couldn’t even breathe properly in their journey to the hospital.

 

He’s really protective in person.

 

Meanwhile....

 

Dajung went out from the hospital with a grin that made her looks like a stupid person. She stared to Woobin’s car with a slight temptation to drive it once again. Then she raised her both hands and stared to it with her wide grins that couldn’t be hide already.

 

“I did it!! Whoopie! Han Dajung!! You’re driving!” Dajung cupped her own cheeks while took a short glance towards Woobin’s car. “You drive that car, Dajung!! YOU!!! No; it’s ME!!!” Then, she yelled and skipped happily around the car with blissful grins on her face. “Drive like a professional driver!!”

 

Dajung hugged herself as if she had won a tournament and ran around Woobin’s car with delight.

 

And actually their weird actions had been watched by the nurses that took their own private time to have their own break time in the hospital’s cafeteria. They looked to both of them while furrowed their eyebrows until finally a doctor walked passed them.

 

“Doctor, look at that. Are they....probably insane person who had freed themselves from the asylum hospital?” One of the nurses voiced out her opinions as she was worried about Dajung and Woobin’s attitude that was so weird in her eyes.

 

“I think...no?” The doctor just looked at them while pushed his spectacles up for a bit. He was also unsure of Dajung and Woobin health status.

 

The nurses made out an unsure face. “Really? Both of us don’t think they’re normal though....”

 

As the nurses and the doctor still judged Woobin and Dajung, another doctor in his long white coat came and approached both Woobin and Dajung with his professional mode was still in his face. He looked to both of them for a while, wondered who the best person to be talk to about Mrs. Park.  Then, he moved towards Woobin. “Urm...may I know if you’re Mrs. Park’s husband?”

 

And that’s totally a big mistake.

 

Woobin gave a deep glare to the doctor. “Excuse me but you did say what? I’m Mrs. Park husband? I’m still young to be a husband; or exactly a father.”

 

The doctor lowered his gaze before looked back to Woobin. “I-I’m sorry. I thought you’re her husband...”

 

Dajung finally stopped her excitement scream and turned to see the doctor and Woobin back and forth. Then, she laughed hard until her action did make Woobin gave out an uneasy stares to her. “You’re being mistaken as Mrs. Park’s husband....”

 

“Is that so funny, Han Dajung?” Woobin stared to Dajung and slowly approached Dajung who was still laughing like a mad woman.

 

“Oops.” Dajung quickly closed with her hands and looked to Woobin with an innocent gaze. “I-it’s not that funny. I’m sorry.”

 

“Good.” Then, Woobin turned around to see the doctor who was still standing behind Woobin. “And I’m sorry doctor but I don’t know whether Mr. Park know about this by now or not as I’m sure a crazy lady here-“

 

“Excuse me! But I’d tell Mr. Park about Mrs. Park condition earlier, you know?” Dajung slightly raised up her voice so that Woobin could hear her.

 

“Okay. She’d already tell him so we could just wait for him then.” Woobin softly sighed after he gave out his explanation to the doctor when suddenly there was a little boy in his ten years old was staring to Woobin with his hands pulled Woobin’s hands.

 

Woobin furrowed his eyebrows. Who’s this little boy?

 

“Park Jimin!”

 

Dajung and Woobin quickly looked up to the voice that called for someone. As soon as the name had been called off quite aloud, the boy who was looking to Woobin just now ran towards a lanky and handsome man with his short legs.

 

“Dad!”

 

The man quickly held Jimin’s hands and went to the doctor with a friendly smile on his face. “I’m actually Mr. Park that you looked for. I’m her husband.”

 

 

III

 

Dajung smiled right when her gaze fell upon the food that she brought special for Mrs. Park as she had finally gave birth to a pair of cute fraternal twins – a boy and a girl. She’d already got to see the miracles in front of her eyes and she did admit that she also wanted a cute child like Mrs. Park.

 

But she didn’t have a lover yet a husband.

 

Dajung slowly sighed. She won’t be married so soon enough as her sister and she did think that she would follow her sister’s step as she herself was a busy person.

 

“Miss? We’d already arrived.” The taxi driver looked to Dajung with a smile and that made Dajung’s imagination scattered away and she finally been snapped back to the reality.

 

“Oh...I see.” Dajung quickly took out her purse and opened it to take three notes of 10,000 Won to be given to the driver. “Here. Thank you very much, uncle.” Dajung flashed her beautiful smile before hopped out from the taxi and looked up to the hospital building.

 

Just when she was about to enter, there was a presence of a man that she thought she did know him well enough beside her.

 

But, that’s not him...right?

 

“Miss Han? What are you doing here?” Dajung averted her gaze to her side just to see Woobin’s curious face that was looking to her from head to toe.

 

“It’s me who supposed to ask you that kind of question as you insist not to help Mrs. Park in the first place yesterday.” Dajung scoffed which made a lump formed in Woobin’s throat.

 

Woobin was the person that she didn’t want to see for now.

 

“Well, it’s not that I don’t want to help her but I...I’m afraid and don’t know what to do in that kind of situation.” Woobin averted his gaze to other side which made Dajung stunned for a bit.

 

“Really? Isn’t that because of me? You’re not confident with my driving skill, am I right?” Dajung once again provoked Woobin. Woobin sent his fiery gaze towards Dajung.

 

“Yes; that’s also one of the reasons. But anyway...don’t you think you’re good enough yet, Miss Han Dajung.” Woobin smirked before he enters the hospital building with his usual stern reaction on his face.

 

Dajung clenched a fist. Woobin’s really got her being fumed up.

 

But not as the great wish ever that Mr. Park did tell to both of them with a sly smile yet a happy face.

 

“Can you two please take a look of Jimin for me?”

 

“WHAT??!!” Dajung and Woobin both yelled in unison. They couldn’t believe that Mr. Park would tell them to do so.

 

And that’s how she could be right here – in the park – with Woobin beside her, awkwardly they were. They had already went almost every places that Jimin loved to go such as cinema, shopping complex (not to mention, toy shop) and now they went to the park; which was according to Jimin’s wish too.

 

“It’s really tiring to take care of a single kid after all. I wonder how they can afford to have another child to be raised.” Woobin slowly spoke out his thought which was quietly been agreed by Dajung herself. She just couldn’t imagined that Mr. and Mrs. Park life would be looked like as they had got three children altogether.

 

“Well...I think they really love to have another child as they could shower them with love and raised them to be a respectful person in the future?” Dajung softly sighed. Yes, that’s the only reason that she could think of right now.

 

Woobin nodded. He totally concurred with Dajung’s idea just now. Then, they both looked to Jimin who was now running happily to the swing after he had done playing on the see-saw with several children who were also playing in the park.

 

They had already looked like Jimin’s parents.

 

“Ahh....how can me being here with you and Jimin in the first place? It’s really bored though...” Woobin let out a deep sigh.

 

“Yah! That’s all because of Jimin really loves you...more than me eventhough I’m always visiting him.” Dajung hugged both of her legs that she put on the bench with a long face.

 

Woobin took a glance to Dajung and he couldn’t help himself from laughing when he saw Dajung’s pouted lips. “Yah! That’s ugly, you know!”

 

Dajung smirked. “Yeah, I’m really ugly for your information, Mr. Kim Woobin.”

 

“No, you’re not. You’re pretty.” Woobin bit his lower lips while Dajung was stunned to hear that sentences from Woobin’s mouth that usually said out hurtful words to her.

 

They both were confused with their own feelings.

 

Dajung laughed before slapped Woobin’s shoulder. “Yah! I don’t even know that you could be that funny!”

 

Woobin then slowly massaged the place where Dajung slapped his shoulder. “Well, you just don’t know about me more better yet. I can be many kind of person but still don’t forget; I’m still your devil.”

 

PLAK

 

Suddenly, there was a shrill cry that broke the atmosphere and made Woobin and Dajung stopped their tease to each other and turned to look to the person who was crying in pain.

 

It’s Jimin.

 

Dajung’s face turned white and without any seconds to delay, she went to get Jimin. “Jimin ahh! Are you okay? What happened?” She tried to ask Jimin about his condition but she stopped as soon as she saw his bruised and bloodied knee. “Oh my...” She quickly lifted Jimin and put him on the bench that she just sat before.

 

Woobin sent a curious glance to Dajung. “What happened?”

 

Dajung just muted herself and took wet tissues from her handbag and softly wiped the blooded wound. Then, she swiftly took an ointment bottle also from her handbag and applied it on the Jimin’s knee. “Jimin ahh...it’s okay. Don’t cry, hmm?” Dajung then slowly cooed Jimin until he stopped his cry.

 

And Woobin who was just watching Dajung ever since felt somewhat different in his thought about Dajung.

 

‘She is a sweet and motherly-like woman despite her fight back attitude.’

 

DUP DUP

 

Woobin held his chest. These feelings....what this exactly is? Woobin shook his head. No! He’s not in love!

 

Then, Woobin quickly looked to Jimin and scold him. “Yah! Park Jimin! A true man cannot simply cry just because of simple thing like this, you know? Don’t cry! I said don’t cry, Jimin ahh....”

 

Dajung then approached Woobin and pushed him backward a bit. “Yah! Why you let out your anger to a little boy like him huh?”

 

Woobin then stood up and gave a serious looks to Dajung. “I’m not spill out my anger unknowingly. I just teach him how to be a true man – that’s all.”

 

“But you’re too harsh towards him though.”

 

“But that’s the only way to teach him about that. You, women know nothing about man. Only men could know man the best.” Woobin then shifted his gaze to Jimin who had stopped crying. “Jimin ahh. As you’d be a good boy, I’ll bring you to eat parfait at that shop, do you want it?” Woobin showed to Jimin an ice cream shop that wasn’t far from the park.

 

“I want ice cream!” Jimin suddenly beamed gaily as soon as he heard the word ‘ice cream’. And he completely forgot his bruised knee and his cries before.

 

Dajung smiled softly when she saw Jimin’s mood had already back to normal. “Yeah. I think you’re right.”

 

Woobin smiled; this time he was really gave out his best smile to Dajung while his hands lifted Jimin up to his chest. “Let’s go, you big crying kiddo.” Jimin pouted while for Dajung, she laughed while rolled her eyes when she just stared Woobin and Jimin’s attitude from behind.

 

‘He should be a father though.’

 

Dajung stopped her steps for a second. She thought of what? She quickly shook her head and then continued her journey back to the shop.

 

And inside the ice cream shop where her heart could finally beat faster when she saw right in front of her eyes, Woobin was wiping Jimin’s mouth with a big grin on his face. She quietly stunned by Woobin’s loving side which she had never noticed before.

 

DUP DUP

 

Dajung had silently fall in love with Woobin.

 

Woobin glanced to his watch. It’s already 6 p.m. “This Jimin had to go back to his daddy.”

 

Dajung surprised. She then fervently nodded. “Yeah, I do think so. Let’s go Jimin ahh. Your father must be waiting for you. Don’t you want to see your sister and brother?”

 

Jimin nodded. Then, Woobin quickly stood up. “Let me pay for all these. You can bring Jimin to the car first. I’ll catch up with you guys later.” He went to the counter and paid for the parfait that they ate together before headed to his car and finally headed back to the hospital.

 

And as what Woobin and Dajung had thought of, Mr. Park already waited for them in front of the hospital building with a smile. He quickly thanked them for accompanying Jimin throughout the day as he busy to take care of his wife. Jimin waved his little hand to the air to Woobin and Dajung – which was a sweet moment to be watched.

 

Dajung smiled. She would for sure remember this moment ever in her life, but it’d already over eventhough deep inside her heart; she didn’t want this to be end so soon. She also wondered why her heart felt something like that.

 

She still wanted to be with Woobin.

 

Dajung sighed before turned around to call for a cab for her to get back home before Woobin called for her. “Han Dajung! Why I do think I’d to send you back home?”

 

Dajung glanced to Woobin with a weird reaction. She looked carefully to Woobin’s reaction but he didn’t seem to be serious in that matter. “Thanks but no thanks. I still have my legs and enough money to pay a cab. You don’t have to worry about me after all.”

 

“Really?” Woobin asked for a confirmation. Then, Dajung nodded. “Okay then. Don’t ever said that I’m evil because I don’t offer to send you back home.” Woobin quickly hopped into his car and drove off in a flash of seconds.

 

Dajung smirked. “I knew it! An evil person like him will never be an angel though!” She walked alone until she arrived to the street where she could call for a cab. But as it was evening – the time where people back from work; there wasn’t any cab that stopped for her.

 

Dajung sighed. Should she just accept Woobin’s offer before this?

 

“Now, how am I going to go back home in this state?”

 

PINN

 

Dajung tilted her head to the right in order for her to see the person who honked to her. Then, the driver put down the car’s window and Dajung could see clearly who the driver was.

 

Kim Woobin.

 

“Oh okay...I just thought about him and now he came for me? Huh.” Dajung mumbled all by herself before Woobin pressed the honk once again.

 

“Yah! Han Dajung! Why you didn’t go back home yet?” Woobin find for his black spectacles in his car before wore it and looked to Dajung.

 

Dajung just eyed his action with an annoyed feeling inside her. “I’m just, you know – I’m walking around the place with nowhere to go....”

 

Woobin shook his head while laughed softly. “I’d never thought you’ll be so dumb to walk everywhere without direction. Oh! Just to let you know, it’ll be dark soon.”

 

Dajung smirked. But deep inside her heart, she did feel scared too if she couldn’t find any cab to bring her home.

 

Woobin smiled triumphantly. “Hey, hey. Don’t be so scared. Don’t worry; I’ll still open my offer before to you.”

 

Dajung puzzled. “What offer did you give me?”

 

Woobin face palmed himself. “You’re quite slow don’t you? Well, I’m still going to ask if you want me to bring you back home as your driver – just for today. Do you want it or not?”

 

Dajung gave a thought about it. She did want it; but she just couldn’t stop herself from broke her own ego. “No, I don’t want to.”

 

Woobin furrowed his eyebrows. “Don’t be silly, Han Dajung. Right now, it’s an order from your driving instructor – hop in the car.”

 

Dajung stunned by the order and then slowly hopped into the car. Woobin then leaned in and their distance been quite close to each other. Their heartbeats were going wild.

 

DUP DUP DUP DUP DUP DUP

 

“I-I won’t do anything to you, Han Dajung. I just want to clasp in your seatbelt. That’s it.” Woobin quickly buckle in seatbelt for Dajung before turned back to the front.

 

“I can just do it by myself by the way...” Dajung slowly said it out and looked to the car’s window, tried her best to hide her blushed face.

 

“No, you can’t. Because I wouldn’t ever let you touch my baby anymore.” Woobin bluntly told her his reason which made Dajung flinched in frustration.

 

This devil is really evil.

 

All along their journey to Dajung’s house, they were just kept quiet and didn’t even bother to talk to each other. It was indeed an awkward situation, but they just cherished the moment deeply inside their heart.

 

Moment when there were just you and me.

 

It didn’t take a long time for Woobin to drive to Dajung’s house, and finally they had arrived in front of her house. Dajung quickly unbuckled her seatbelt and hopped out from Woobin’s sport car. Then, she bowed a bit to Woobin. “Thank you for the lift. I really appreciate your slight kindness though.”

 

“Han Dajung.” Woobin called her name, which made she turned around as she just about to enter her house. “Good luck for your driving test tomorrow.” As soon after Woobin said that, he drove away from Dajung’s house driveway and left Dajung there with a puzzled mind.

 

“Did the devil Kim Woobin have said ‘good luck’ to me just now?”

 

 

IV

 

Dajung slowly took a breath in and out from her lungs. Then, she stared to her own image on the plane mirror with her hand been formed into a fist.

 

“Han Dajung! Fighting!”

 

Today, she would finally face the exam that she waited for in order to obtain her own driving license – and as everyone who had took every driving class like her, this exam would be the point for everything that they had learned yet practiced with the respectful driving school.

 

And Dajung was also included into the list too.

 

The driving exam which had been separated according to three phase; Phase I, Phase II and also Phase III had to be succeeded by every candidate to obtain the license, so that they could freely drive the car to the real main road without being given any penalty by the traffic polices.

 

And within the whole day to be dealt with, finally Dajung succeeded in each and every phases. She beamed in joy as soon as she got to hold the copy sheet of the form that declared she was officially....

 

“I’M OFFICIALLY A DRIVER!!!” Dajung yelled at the top of her lungs. She beamed gleefully and a smile couldn’t stop formed in her brighten face. She quickly went to the office and did receive a lot of congratulatory wishes but still, she did felt somewhat missing.

 

It’s as half part of her had gone missing.

 

“Excuse me.” Dajung went to the one of Kim’s Driving School’s staff. “May I know where Mr. Kim Woobin could be? As I didn’t see him anywhere in this school area ever since I’d came for the exam.”

 

The staff gave a apologize looks to Dajung. “I’m sorry but he’s absent for today. I believe he had said before that he had to send his friend to airport.”

 

Dajung weakly nodded. “I got that. By the way, thank you for telling me that.” Then, she slowly went out from the office and wondered about the person that Woobin would send to the airport.

 

“Is the person the customer that specially requested to meet me before?” Dajung said it out loud just for herself to hear it. Then, she held her chest and felt her heartbeat.

 

It’s fast.

 

Suddenly she felt slight uneasy feelings grew inside her. It’s came in fast speed like lightning but it presence could be clearly felt as she never experienced that kind of feelings before this.

 

Dajung looked up to the clear azure skies that lied above her with wide eyes.

 

'Can someone tell me what this is?'

 

 

V

 

“Thank you very much for everything, Woobin sshi. I really appreciate each of it.” Yihyun softly smiled towards Woobin after she had checked in her luggage into the departure terminal which headed to the plane luggage compartment.

 

Woobin was also smiling. “No biggie. That’s what friends for, isn’t it?” Then he hugged Yihyun – a kind of friendly hug.

 

“I thought we’re more than that?” Yihyun pouted in the hug after she had teased Woobin with her trap question that would made Woobin’s face be blushed all over.

 

But surprisingly, his face didn’t blushed and he even could let out a cackle. “Yihyun ahh...” Woobin broke the hug and looked straightly to Yihyun’s eyes. “I thought you want a chef to be your husband, am I right?”

 

Yihyun hit slowly Woobin’s shoulder. “You still do remember that for seriously? Yup, I’m still stick to that decision and actually I’m going to reach my dream.”

 

Woobin puckered his eyebrows. “What do you mean by that? Do you possibly have something hidden from me?”

 

“First of all, you’re the first person that I tell this.” Yihyun grinned widely. “I’m actually going to be married with a Korean-American chef. He’s also staying in America, so we’d meet there and fall in love and you know; move to the next phase.”

 

Woobin’s jaw dropped. “Yah! You’re not telling me that before! And why you’d made a decision to go back temporarily to Korea if you’re going to marry him then?”

 

Yihyun’s laughed. She did think this was really funny though. “I don’t know. I just want a private alone time without him, I guess? By the way, it doesn’t mean that I’m going to cheat over him – it’s just a preparation before we’re getting married. Have fun with my single status for a while before being a Mrs.”

 

Woobin shook his head, quite confused with Yihyun’s attitude that he himself couldn’t understood.

 

‘The plane to United States of America will be departure soon....’

 

Yihyun and Woobin who had heard of it quickly exchanged glances to each other. “Kim Woobin. I think I’ll invite you over to my wedding. Make sure that you’ll come, okay?” Yihyun held out her hand to Woobin with a smile plastered on her face.

 

Woobin shook hands with Yihyun and also smiled. “I got it. I’ll try my best to attend your wedding for sure.”

 

As soon as he had said that, they both put back their hands to its position. Yihyun then turned around and finally faded away from Woobin’s sight after they had waved goodbye to each other.

 

Woobin sighed hard. Yihyun had already got someone to be her soul mate; which made he couldn’t try his best to get her heart anymore.

 

Woobin should felt sad by the news but he didn’t felt that way at all. He then slowly held his chest and closed his eyes as he wondered why he didn’t feel even a slight hurt in his heart.

 

“Kim Woobin, what on the earth had happened to you? Yihyun will be married to other guy; and yet you can still act as if nothing happened?” Then, he paused himself for a moment as soon as he could saw his car from afar.

 

His baby.

 

Suddenly, Dajung image appeared in his mind and automatically a smile formed on his face. After that he slowly whispered to himself...

 

“I really do feel nothing...because there’s already someone stole away my heart unknowingly.”

 

VI

 

DING DONG

 

Dajung who was home alone for today had been flabbergasted by the rings bell that echoed around her house. Her sister was still in Haven Palate; and she knew that Hyojung wouldn’t come home this early, eventhough the sun was slowly sinking below the horizon.

 

Who’s there?

 

DING DONG

 

Once again, the ring bell rang. Dajung who was still hesitated to open the door finally stood up from her lazy lay on her bed in her own bedroom. She slowly went down the staircase while stretched out some parts of her body before she finally arrived to the door’s electronic lock screen.

 

TUT

 

Dajung just pressed ‘See’ virtual button which almost made she fell from her stature.

 

It’s Kim Woobin - once again.

 

Then, her finger swiftly pressed ‘Open Door’ virtual button and waited for Woobin to come into her house from the main door – which was the entrance that headed directly to Dajung’s cooking class corner.

 

Woobin finally entered Dajung’s house not all by himself, but he did bring along the groceries which made Dajung’s eyes opened wide. “Yah! What’s that groceries for? Do you think I didn’t have enough supplies in my home?”

 

Woobin just muted himself while he made his way to Dajung’s cooking counter and arranged all the groceries with a smile. Dajung tilted her head to the side.

 

‘Woobin’s smiling?’

 

He quickly arranged those groceries and finally he opened his mouth to answer Dajung’s question. “I know you had these things but you know I just felt like I’ve to buy these just in case if your home didn’t have enough supplies of it.”

 

Dajung smirked. “What? Now you’d to control my own way of life?”

 

“Not like that actually.” Woobin scratched the back of his head while bit his lower lip. “You see, I don’t used to cook before but for today, I think that I’d to cook something. As this will be my last time to cook.”

 

Dajung sent him a weird looks. “Why? I mean, what do you exactly mean by that? You can always cook by anytime and anywhere-“

 

“It’s my own choice to not cook anymore.” Woobin sternly looked to Dajung before smiled charmingly. “And you should know if I’d done this cooking successfully, you’ll be the first and last person to taste my homemade dishes.”

 

“Oh...is that an honor for me?” Dajung laughed for a bit. “Okay then, let’s see how will you cook a complete meal for me then.”

 

Woobin smiled with proud. “Just you see my own hidden skill, Teacher Han.”

 

Dajung dazed by the way Woobin called her ‘Teacher Han’ as he never used that title to her before. She smiled alone before turned her eyes to see every moves that Woobin did from the beginning, until up to the end.

 

It’s just took him about quite an hour for him to made a complete yet beautifully presented an egg fried rice to Dajung. He had even made a heart-shaped sauce on top of the egg and that did make Dajung couldn’t help but to laugh to Woobin’s decoration.

 

It’s more to cute; rather than his style which was charismatic in person.

 

“What? Don’t ever judge by its cover, you know? Try to taste it first; I’m sure it was really scrumptious meal though.” Woobin quickly told Dajung to have a taste of his fried rice.

 

Dajung nodded. “Yeah, I will.” Then, she quickly put a spoonful of Woobin’s egg fried rice into .

 

Woobin just stared to her with his high anticipation. But then, Dajung made a face and even slid out her tongue and that was a bad sign after all.

 

“It tastes bad. Really bad.” Dajung stared to the rice with her reactionless face. “Do you want to kill me that much, Kim Woobin?”

 

Woobin pouted. “But I’d made sure that it tastes delicious...” Then, he hurriedly put a spoonful his fried rice into his mouth and pouted. “It’s just fine for me though. Yah! You’re lying, don’t you? Fine! I won’t cook ever again in the future and let me just throw this away-“

 

“Yah!” Dajung quickly held Woobin’s wrist to stop him from doing so. “Okay, I admit that your fried rice is really delicious. And actually...it is more delicious than mine.”

 

Woobin turned around just to meet Dajung’s sincere eyes. “Really?” Dajung nodded and Woobin then slowly went back to his seat while her grip to his wrist was still there...

 

“Ah! I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to-“ Dajung quickly apologized as she finally realized that she held Woobin’s wrist.

 

Woobin smiled. “No worries! Don’t ever say sorry for that, you silly.”

 

‘Because I’m fully yours, Han Dajung.’

 

“Oh...okay.” Dajung slowly nodded. Then, both of them ate Woobin’s fried rice until it’s finally finished. Then, Dajung stole a glance to Woobin and did wonder about something in her mind.

 

‘Why he kept smiling?’

 

“Mr. Kim.” Dajung slowly broke the still air. “May I know why you’re coming to my house today? Your smile – I don’t get it. Don’t you supposed to be sad as your friend had gone to somewhere else?”

 

Woobin stared to Dajung with an unexplainable kind of stare. “What do you mean by that? My friend? Oh.” Then Woobin suddenly stopped himself from asked anymore questions to Dajung. “Do you possibly mean Yihyun? As you’d said just now, she’s just a friend. So, there’s no reason for me to be sad.”

 

Dajung felt weird by Woobin’s answer. “She’s just a friend? You’ve got to be kidding me, don’t you? You’re the one who really head over heels to her at that time and now you just thought her as your friend?”

 

Woobin slowly sighed. “She’d gone back to America and she will be marrying a chef there. So, there’s no point for me to keep my feelings towards her.”

 

‘After all, it had already vanished from my heart.’

 

Dajung nodded and let out a soft cackle. Kim Woobin is still single then.

 

“Ahh~ What should I do?” Dajung then closed her eyes and let out a deep sigh from .  “I had a dream; and I’d already complete the first step to reach it.”

 

Woobin looked up to Dajung with an interested face. He would like to know more about Dajung. “A dream? Your dream?”

 

Dajung nodded. “My childhood dream to be exact.” Then, she smiled as she could still remember her first and foremost dream that she made at that time. “I want to travel around Korea to make a food journal all by my own.”

 

“Wow. I don’t ever think a girl like you could ever make a huge dream like that...” Woobin laughed at his own thought before he had been hit by a Dajung’s bare hands.

 

“Don’t ever underestimate me, you got that?” Dajung pouted and looked away from Woobin before continued her sentences. “By the way, I do think that I need someone to accompany me in my journey. My sister, she couldn’t make it I know. So, it seemed like I’d to go all alone by myself....”

 

“Why don’t you hire a bodyguard then to protect you?” Woobin then came up with a bright idea which made Dajung’s face brighten up.

 

“Yeah! You’re right!” But then, her face expression fell. “But...I can’t afford to hire a body guard along my journey...”

 

“Who said that you need a paid bodyguard?” Woobin suddenly said out a question which made Dajung was quite stunned by it.

 

“Then? A free bodyguard?” Dajung looked deeply into Woobin’s eyes which made both of their heartbeats beats like crazy.

 

DUP DUP DUP DUP DUP DUP

 

Woobin and Dajung then quickly averted their eyes and looked to somewhere else. Then suddenly Woobin stood up from his sits and stretched up his arms. “Aigoo...why I do think I’d to go to gym as fast as possible? I’d to build some muscles here and there...” Woobin looked up to his bare arms while every single action that he did been watched by Dajung.

 

DUP DUP

 

‘Great bodies with a handsome face – what a perfect package in a man like him though...’

 

“W-why you have to go to gym so sudden? Like you have plenty of time to spend for it...” Dajung quickly sipped her drink to lessen her nervousness by just looking to Woobin’s ‘show-off’ session just now.

 

“Don’t I tell you that yet?” Woobin asked Dajung and Dajung just shrugged her shoulders with a poker face. “I have so many free times to spend though.”

 

Right after Woobin finished up his sentences, once again their gaze meets one another. And for this time, it’s really felt near; so close and deep – it’s like they were longing for each other from long time ago.

 

 

“You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”

 

 

― Oscar Wilde

 

Authors'notes

We, Petite_Star and also 1004ngel hereby want to made an official announcement that Sweet & Sour story finally complete!! *dancing along with cutie Pooh*

It did felt like a dream - as if we just started to brainstorming all the ideas by yesterday~ lolz xP

By the way, both of us do hope that you guys enjoyed this story up untl it's end~ Ahh... this feelings is really unexplainable though... My feels~~ ><

And oh! Just to tell you that actually both of authors here are actually going to face the driving test (for real) by the next second week from now which is 20/5. We hope that each of you guys can wish us good luck and give us some spirit to pass the test with the 'flying cars' //stole Woobin's sentences// and be like Dajung~ *yeah~ :3*

So nothing more to be wrote here, we guess so~ lmao xP We would like to say sorry as this story progress did took a long time to be complete eventhough it is one-shot as Petite_Star is really busy with her own preparation to enter college and also updating her own fics *bows*

Last but not least, please do speak out your own opinion about this story in comments section! We're really loved to know it~ hee xD

Lots of love,

Your authors <3