ℳedianlogue

Sweet & Sour ∗ 스위트 & 사워
Medianlogue
The Moments

I

 

“Pastry recipe books....pastry....”

 

Dajung whispered softly while slowly looked to each of the book on the bookshelves that had Recipe Books label on it. She wanted to find for other pastry recipes books, as all of her students really loved to make pastries.

 

She already had a plan for the next recipe in the next class.

 

Her bony, long fingers touched the books on the bookshelf while her eyes scanned for every title of the books. Then, she suddenly stopped her gaze towards a book – which was not pastry recipe books; but a food journal book written by one of the most popular celebrity chef in South Korea.

 

Dajung carefully took it out from its position and touched for the front cover of the book with a feeble smile formed on her face. “Ahh...if just I could publish my own food journal like her...”

 

And automatically soon after, her sister’s words entered her mind.

 

“I’m really confident on your choices. Because I know that you’ll make it sooner or later, Dajung ahh. But when you seemed as if you’re just want to give up on your dreams, I’d to take an action – so that, you won’t regret it later on.”

 

“My dream...my childhood dream.” Dajung looked to the book in her grip with a vacant stare. “My journal...”

 

“I want to be a great chef and travel around Korea to get taste all of kind of foods. Oh! I want to make a journal too as well.”

 

“Good answer, Dajung ahh~ I hope that you’ll reach your dream soon.”

 

Dajung still remembered her memory of said her own dream in front of her classroom when she was ten years old.

 

Young and yet so strong-willed person.

 

That’s the young Dajung used to be. And those kind of characteristics still there, in current Dajung, who was now a25 years old and also a chef of Haven Palate restaurant – a business that she put all her efforts along with her sister, Hyojung.

 

She quickly took the journal book in her hands along with the pastry recipe books that she finally found on one of the bookshelf beside her stature just now to the cashier counter of Sunny Bookstore. After she done paid all of the books, suddenly her phone rang.

 

She took her phone awkwardly in her coat pocket as both of her hands were holding the plastic bags of the books. She swiftly moved one of the plastic aside to her right hand, while her left hand struggled hard to take out her phone.

 

Then, another problem occurred. She had to swipe her phone screen to take the call form her only sibling.

 

“Aigoo....” She then worked hard to rise up her right hand to swipe the screen with her index finger. Her hand was really quivered. And finally, she did it. “Hyojung unnie, what’s up?”

 

“My pretty dongsaeng, Han Dajung~ Your unnie here want to tell you something important. Very important.” Dajung listened to her sister’s words carefully, especially the ‘very important’ ones.

 

“Ooh...” Dajung cooed her sister. “I wonder what that is means.... The ‘very important’ one.”

 

Hyojung let out a sigh. “I just realized that I’d already booked the course for today’s afternoon if I’m not mistaken...”

 

Dajung’s eyes widen. She almost released her grip on the heavy plastic bags to the ground. “WHAT????!!”

 

“Dajung ahh....mianhae. I really forgot to tell you earlier about it.” Hyojung sounds apologetic as she really forgot; or possibly not – about Dajung’s Driver Education Course.

 

Dajung put all the plastic bags beside her feet and looked for the watch on her right hand wrist.

 

It’s 11.10 a.m. And she got the exact time to get to the driving school; if she went there by taxi.

 

“Han Hyojung!! I gave you a warning – never do like this in the future! Arasso?” Dajung was really infuriated by her sister’s excuses. She quickly ended the call and took the plastic bags in her hands while ran at fast speed to the taxi that she saw right in front of the shopping complex.

 

“Ahjusshi!!! Wait for me!!”

 

And Dajung was seriously looked like a mad woman, as she wasn’t aware to the people thought about her yell at all.

 

It’s all for her first and foremost class at the driving school.

 

 

“Meet me at Haven Palate. Hmm...maybe around lunch time like 12 in the afternoon? See you tomorrow, Woobin sshi.”

 

Woobin couldn’t forget her sweet voice that asked him for their first only-two-of-us meeting; or right in his mind, a date.

 

A date with Jung Yihyun.

 

He was humming softly for the song from Infinite, a popular boy band in South Korea, Man In Love. That kind of song was really not his style – as he preferred more songs in R&B and Hip Hop genres.

 

While for Man In Love, it’s a plain song with the message a man that fall in love with a girl. But he himself didn’t know why, that song was his choice for today.

 

As he was in love.

 

He took his white sports car’s key that was hanging on the wall with a big grin. “Hello, my baby~” As soon as he wore his usual sneakers, he patted his white sport car body before he hopped into the car.

 

Woobin slowly started the engine and set his destination place on his GPS screen to the Haven Palate restaurant, which were actually a few blocks away from his house. After he had satisfied with all things, he drove away from his house area.

 

Several minutes later, he finally arrived in front of the comfy neighborhood yet calming building which held a big name sign written ‘Haven Palate’.

 

“Haven...Palate. What a unique name for a restaurant though.” Woobin whispered to himself before straightly headed into the building.

 

CLINK

 

His eyes scanned for every corner of the restaurant to look out for the figure that had called for him yesterday night. Haven Palate restaurant was really busy, as the customers were going in and out from the building non-stop – which made Woobin hardly to find her silhouette.

 

“Woobin sshi! Over here!” Suddenly, he heard a soft and at the same time loud; called for him. Right when he shifted his gaze, he could felt that his heart skipped a beat.

 

Yihyun was too gorgeous in his eyes.

 

She was wearing a fancy polka dot dress with a pink ballet pumps and a petite sling bag beside her. Her appearance...was just perfect.

 

But...it’s now was early autumn season. And, the temperature was quite cold.

 

“Yihyun sshi. Thanks for inviting me to have a lunch together with you. It’s an honor for me though.” Woobin slowly went towards Yihyun with a charming smile. “And that kind dress...it fits you well but...”

 

Yihyun who was smiling broadly before had turned into a confused reaction on her beautiful face that was hidden all the time before. “But?”

 

Woobin mentally slapped himself. How could he manage to say such a thing bluntly to a girl that he loved?  “Err...but...” Woobin slowly took off his jacket and put it on wore it on her shoulder. “Don’t you feel cold? I’m afraid if you’ll fall sick just to wear that dress.”

 

Yihyun smiled softly. “Oh Woobin sshi... You’re being such a nice gentleman now, don’t you?” She pulled his jacket more closely to her shoulders. “I’m still unaware of the different changes of climate between America and also Korea. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t wear this dress in the first place.”

 

Woobin feebly smiled while his gaze stayed on her almost perfect complexion.

 

DUP DUP

 

“Oh heart....” Woobin slowly sighed and said it out loud just for himself to hear it. But without he knew about it, Yihyun heard it so clearly.

 

“Oh heart?” Yihyun quickly asked Woobin about what she had just heard now. And that made Woobin almost jumped off from the chair; felt so surprised that she managed to hear that.

 

“Ahh...it’s nothing. Just to mention that I...” He quickly scanned the table for something and finally he took the menus book. “This! I’m so hungry so I said ‘Oh heart...’ You know something like that...” Woobin smiled sheepishly towards Yihyun who was now laughing her heart as she finally could saw Woobin’s cute side, behind that manliness that he always showed.

 

“Yah! Kim Woobin... I don’t know that you could be this cute! “ Yihyun said her sentences right after she finally stopped her happy laugh. “Well, I bet that’s why I had like you once before during high school times!”

 

Woobin gulped. It’s really true that Yihyun had a heart for him.

 

“For real? So...how about now, then? Do you still like me?” Once again, Woobin slapped himself mentally as he had almost confessed out the content of his heart to Yihyun. He glanced to Yihyun nervously, afraid that she would take the matter seriously.

 

“Hmmm~” Yihyun took a long sigh. “Nope. I think that was just a kind of puppy love...”

 

TUK. One stab to Woobin’s heart.

 

“...and I don’t think I do have any feelings to you anymore...”

 

TUK. Another stab.

 

“...because I like someone who can cook a delicious meal for me almost every day...”

 

TUK. Three shot to his heart.

 

“...which I think that a chef would fit to my kind of criteria though.”

 

TUK! Last stab; and he’s already K.O.

 

“O-oh... Is that so...” Woobin weakly replied to her long; very long answer to his tricky questions just now. He had almost given up...

 

Jung Yihyun...why are you playing so hard to get?

 

II

 

It’s already weeks later and Dajung swore that she felt like time was moving extra fast as she had finally reached the point where she would drive.

 

Yes, drive a car. For real; and not just based on the theory.

 

Her sister had already dropped her to Kim Driving School to give her encouragements to learn drive smoothly as she could.

 

Dajung smirked. It’s as if she would love to drive though... But she need to do this; as she was finally would reach out her own ‘mission impossible’ – her own childhood dreams. She straightly went to the office, just to meet various person out from nowhere in the small office.

 

Dajung went to one of the counter and greeted the staff politely. “Excuse me but where I should go in order to book driving class with this driving school?”

 

“You’d come to the right counter, Miss. Please do take a sit.” The staff smiled affectionately to Dajung which made her heart felt such a warm feelings from the staff.

 

“Oh, I’m really glad to hear that.” Dajung replied shortly before she sat on the chair in front of the cashier’s staff. “So, how the class schedule will be get going?”

 

“It’s in almost every day; but you can possibly choose for the day and date that you want to have a class to attend.” The staff said to Dajung and made Dajung nodded by her answer. “And...You can also choose your personal driving instructor too. Look at here – the list of Kim’s Driving School instructors.”

 

Dajung pulled her chair to the front as she wanted to see the lists that the staff gave out to her. Right at that moment, suddenly there was a husky voice came behind her.

 

“Choose him then. He’s so handsome...”

 

Dajung averted her eyes to the person behind her with her slight furrowed eyebrows. “Urm...excuse me but which one that you’d recommend to me, ahjumma?”

 

The ahjumma went near Dajung and then her long, bony finger to one of the pictures there. “Choose him; this one.”

 

As just Dajung wanted to ask more about the guy to that ahjumma, the staff had called her back. “Miss?”

 

“Oh..yes. About the instructor...I want to choose this one.” Dajung returned her gaze to the staff and was surprised to see the staff’s face went white, like she had seen a ghost. “Urm...excuse me?”

 

“A-ah! Yes, what can I help you with, Miss?” The staff was finally snapped back to the reality and looked to Dajung’s face.

 

“This. My personal instructor.” Dajung slowly said back her sentences just now in a simpler kind of sentence.

 

“A-are you sure about that, Miss? Because you can never change instructor that you’d booked in the future.”

 

Dajung closed her eyes and fervently nodded. “Yes, I do want him to be my driving instructor.”

 

“FOR REAL!! YOU GOT HIM – THE BADDEST RUINER – JUST NOW??” Dajung quickly shifted her gaze towards a group of girls in their teen age were comforting their friend by patted her shoulders.

 

“The baddest ruiner?” Unknowingly, Dajung whispered the title of a guy that she never knew...

 

He was one of the driving instructors.

 

“Aww~ come on! We know your fate is a bit off today but that’s okay, you’ll get a better person in another day!” One of the girls gave their friend a friendly hug and said something to put her friend’s heart in calm.

 

“Again...” The staff slowly stated something under her breath. But Dajung could catch the phrase in her ears; so she turned around to ask her about what she meant by it.

 

CLICK

 

There was someone who came into the office and made the girls in a sudden silence. Dajung was quite surprised by those different turn of events. She then hurriedly turned her head just to see silhouette of a handsome guy who was in about her age was walking towards her.

 

As the time passed slowly and everything was slowing down like those effects by the speed camera; she admired the guy – from head to toe.

 

DUP DUP

 

First impression of her to him was why such a perfect creature like him ever existed in this world? Only by his presence had made her had those goose bumps.

 

“Are there any students for me today?” The guy went up to the counter which Dajung was sitting and she could swore that he was really captivating.

 

His voice...like the voice from heaven.

 

“Nope but wait a second, Mr. Kim.” The staff quickly replied to him and then she moved her gaze towards Dajung. “You’ll start your class on today right?”

 

“Y-yes.” Then, Dajung finally remembered back about her driving class. She nodded feebly while her mind tried to recall his face.

 

Because she had seen him somewhere before.

 

“Great.” The staff smiled to Dajung before turned her focus to the guy. “So Mr. Kim Woobin, here is your student – and she even booked her whole driving class time personally with you.”

 

And right at that moment, Dajung finally remembered his face. His picture was in the list.

 

Dajung moved her face aside and she been greeted by a charming smile of his, or Mr. Kim Woobin to be exact. Then, he held out his hands to Dajung and said the words that almost made Dajung fainted.

 

“Shall we ‘together forever’ to the car right now, Miss?”

 

Dajung was blushed. She couldn’t say anything at that moment except for nods.

 

 

“So ’great’!” Woobin exclaimed it loudly; more than enough for Dajung heard him. “Stop here!”

 

SCREECH

 

Both Dajung and Woobin were moved forward to the front a little bit as Dajung pressed the brake pedal too sudden. Woobin rolled his eyes before finally opened the door beside him and got out from the small car.

 

“Oh?” Dajung’s mouth formed a broad ‘O’ shape as soon as Woobin went out from the car, and left her alone in the car with the engine was still on. She didn’t know exactly what to do, so she just remained quiet in the car.

 

“Yah! You...you never brought a car before this even once??” Woobin then whipped around and looked straightly to Dajung’s eyes; which sent her a shiver – stood up tall on all his legs and put his arms akimbo.

 

“Y-yes?” Dajung hesitantly answered Woobin’s question while gave out a confused eyes to him, which made Woobin face palmed himself.

 

“You know what, Miss Han? I can’t ever believe that you’re actually in the same age as me though...” Woobin stated his point bluntly, which made Dajung startled by it. “As you’re a shame, for not be able to drive a car.”

 

“Excuse me?” Dajung gave a death glance to Woobin before turned the car engine and approached Woobin – face to face. Then, her index finger went up and showed to her own self. “Me....such a shame?!”

 

“Yup. You got that point of mine correctly.” Woobin didn’t even felt scared by Dajung who seemed so infuriated by his sentences just now. He just showed her his poker face with his slightly furrowed eyebrows.

 

“Mwo??!!” Dajung yelled as loudly as she could. “Aish...why did everyone will just pissed me off for today?!” Then, her hand automatically went to the back of her neck while massaged it softly.

 

Dajung had already pissed off.

 

Woobin shrugged his shoulder leisurely before took a step forward to Dajung. “Well, you’re too scared to face the road, don’t you? That’s absolutely a no-no for someone who supposed to learn how to drive a car.”

 

“Wh-what do you know about me, huh? This is my first class; what can you expect from me though? Your way of teaching is just like I’m so professional – like you!” Dajung said her opinion aloud while his index finger showed straightly to Woobin’s face when she said the last words of her sentences.

 

Woobin smirked. “Did you just give me praise just now? Wow. I bet you at least see me as a professional driver. Too bad, my title as a professional driver had been acknowledged by a girl that doesn’t know anything about drive.”

 

Dajung stunned. She got angrier towards Woobin. “Yah! Don’t you should say thanks, at least??”

 

“Thanks? Nah. That’s not my style.” Woobin quickly replied Dajung with his own sarcastic answer. “And do remember this; I really hate to see your kind of driving. Everything is in a mess!! Don’t you should learn about that before in Driver Education Course?”

 

“That’s just a theory! Theory and practical is totally different!” Dajung tried her best to back up her own ability of driving; eventhough it’s still poor.

 

“No. If you do know how to make those theories to practical way – oops!” Woobin hurriedly closed his mouth with his hands while shifted his cunning gaze to Dajung. “I forgot that you’re so amateur.”

 

Dajung shut both of her eyes. Her hands had already formed a firm fist. If just Woobin could see through Dajung’s internal self; he would be surprised as she had already almost killed him right on that moment by strangled his neck until he begged for her apology.

 

But that could only happen in her imagination only. Nothing more that could really happen in the reality.

 

Woobin smiled triumphantly. He felt like he was a winner as Dajung just muted herself. He slowly looked to his watch and finally discovered the time that he already waited for too long enough. “Well, Miss Han. Time’s up, and you could get lost and cried to anybody as I’d already experience that scene before.” Woobin then quickly left Dajung with the car while he straightly headed to the Kim’s Driving School cafeteria.

 

Dajung finally opened up her eyes. “Cry to anybody? Huh! I won’t ever shed any tears because of you, you know!! Who do you think you are, huh? Such a jerk!!!” Dajung screamed at the top of her voice upon she couldn’t see Woobin’s silhouette anymore.

 

She let out a deep sigh and gasped for air. Done! At least she could felt better even for a bit. Then, suddenly something came flashed around her mind.

 

And she must did that as fast as she could.

 

Dajung walked faster to the office and pulled the door strongly as she could. Then, her steps went to the counter that she had booked her class before; just to meet the same staff. “I’m sorry Miss but I need your service now.”

 

The staff who was chatting gaily with her friends beside her table, turned around to face Dajung’s stern face. “Yes? What can I do to help you, Miss Han?”

 

“Oh.” Dajung was a bit stunned when the staff called her family name as she had already remembered her.

 

As Kim Woobin’s student.

 

“By the way, may I change my driving instructor-“ Dajung just wanted to completed up her sentences when the staff suddenly cut out her sentences; which made her in dismay.

 

“I’m sorry but you can’t change your instructor. Especially for the personal one. I’m sure that I’d told you before about that right, Miss Han?”

 

Dajung furrowed her eyebrows before the staff’s sentences when she was on her way to booked her personal instructor entered her mind.

 

“A-are you sure about that, Miss? Because you can never change instructor that you’d booked in the future.”

 

“Damn it.” Dajung slowly cursed herself for forgetting that warning, and also for regretting her own choice. “Hold up. It’s not my own choice....that’s the ahjumma’s choice.” She then scanned for the whole office, looking for an ahjumma that had talked to her before.

 

Unsatisfied with the results, she asked the staff about the ahjumma. “Excuse me but did you see an ahjumma standing behind me when I’m on my way to choose the instructor?”

 

The staff wandered her eyes before turned her focus back to Dajung. “Nope. I don’t think that there’s any ahjumma here though...”

 

Dajung’s eyes widen. Now all she could do was cursed herself as she fully believed on that mysterious ahjumma choice, thus made she would face the hell tortures called driving classes with a devil named Kim Woobin.

 

Oh my goodness....

 

III

 

“Well, well, well~ Seems like there’s someone who got a handsome teacher as her personal driving instructor~”

 

Dajung rolled her eyes upon hearing her sister’s exclamation. Yeah, she’s that someone; and she knew that.

 

“Oh? Oh? I wonder who is that person could be though...” Dajung feebly replied her sister sentences while her hands busy arranged the plates and also the cutleries inside the dry kitchen. She’s the only one who still there, while the other staffs were in wet kitchen.

 

“Yah! Don’t act silly, Dajung ahh!” Hyojung clicked her tongue to see Dajung’s face reaction which seemed to be gloomy. “You’re the one who got Kim Woobin as your personal instructor, am I right?”

 

“That’s right. But I wonder how you can know that, unnie.” Dajung slowly said out her words before turned her head to see her sister’s face.

 

“Umm...can I just say ‘no comment’ like those celebrities for your question?” Hyojung smiled sheepishly just to meet Dajung’s dissatisfaction by shook her head until finally she put both of her hands to the air. “Okay, okay... I still in touch with my driving instructor before which is at the same time is the owner of the driving school.”

 

Dajung nodded. Now she could linked that how her sister could knew about her progress.

 

“And guess what, Dajung ahh!” Hyojung suddenly beamed which made Dajung raised one of her eyebrows. “Woobin sshi is his younger brother!”

 

Dajung was getting confused for a bit. “He is younger brother of whom?”

 

“I’m sorry. Let me explained that back.” Hyojung face palmed herself as her sister didn’t get her meaning. “I said Woobin sshi is Kim’s Driving School owner’s younger brother.”

 

“Ah...” Dajung finally understood everything. “No wonder that the driving school is named Kim’s after all....”

 

“Hey.” Hyojung nudged Dajung and she was even going closer to her sister. “Tell me how your first class with him is?”

 

Once again Dajung rolled her eyes. She couldn’t even stand to talk anything about it. “Hyojung unnie...I wonder why you’re asking me about my first class as you’re asking me how’s my first night though? It isn’t even I got anything to do with him. I’m just studying on how to drive. That’s all.”

 

“Yah! I’m asking you like that because you got a hot driving instructor!” Hyojung smiled widely and while for Dajung, she once again rolled her eyes and wished that she could turn invisible right on that moment.

 

“You want to tell me all about it?” Dajung eyed her sister carefully, just to ensure that Hyojung was really serious to listen to what she would say about her first terrible class. “Okay. Firstly, I hate him.”

 

“WHAT??!” Hyojung almost shouted as soon as she heard Dajung’s sentences. “Why?”

 

“He is such a jerk.” Dajung sighed hard. “You know what; he bluntly said that I’m so bad in everything! Everything!! I know that I’ve been never drive so that I’m really bad – I admit it, but that was my first class!!”

 

Hyojung nodded. Now she knew why Dajung could fumed up about her first driving class.

 

“He even said that I’m such a shame as I don’t know how to drive in my age. And he also feel embarrassed as I’m on the same age like him!”

 

“Wow...okay.... Chill up, Dajung ahh... Relax....” Hyojung tried her best to make her sister calm down but it was no use, as Dajung’s anger couldn’t be stop anymore.

 

“He thought that he was really good enough in his driving? Oh please! I don’t think he was really expert in drive at first!” Dajung let out another sigh. Then, she suddenly looked towards her sister. “Right, Hyojung unnie?”

 

“Oh? Ah...yes. You’re right about that....” Hyojung stunned as Dajung suddenly asked her for her own opinion. “By the way, Dajung ahh...”

 

Dajung stared straightly towards Hyojung. “What is it?” Her question didn’t seem harsh, but enough to make someone shaky enough to hear her stern tone of voice.

 

“Erm...” Hyojung seemed quite hesitated to ask Dajung one of her curiosity about Dajung’s driving class. “Well, you would have different teacher for your next class right? So, don’t wo-“

 

“Unnie.” Dajung hurriedly cut her sister’s sentences. “The reason why I don’t want to tell you about my first class is because...he will always be my driving instructor; as I’d already take him as my personal instructor.”

 

Hyojung quickly closed with both of her hands; she had felt so much guilty as she had asked about something that she couldn’t ever asked for.

 

But, some part in her had thought in the opposite way about this case.

 

“Maybe they’re destined together?” Hyojung unknowingly whispered to herself about her thought just now. curled up into a small smile.

 

“Excuse me? I do think you’re saying something to me just now, Hyojung unnie? And you what? You smile??!! Yah!” Dajung gave her death glare to Hyojung which made Hyojung gulped nervously.

 

“I-it’s nothing, Dajung ahh....” Hyojung stuttered while she was trying to fib Dajung.

 

“Are you sure that is nothing, unnie....” Dajung tried to provoke her sister and made cold sweat formed on Hyojung’s forehead.

 

As Dajung could be pretty scary if she knew that....

 

RING

 

“Ah! It’s my shift turn~” Dajung quickly stood up and gave a smile to her sister. “Well, Hyojung unnie, I’ve got to go first! And please do remember, I don’t want to talk about him anymore, ne? It will just piss me off.”

 

Dajung pulled the door handle and exited the dry kitchen, headed to wet kitchen and joined with the other staffs. As soon as Dajung left the place, Hyojung quietly took a relief sigh.

 

“Wooh...thank goodness....”

 

 

Woobin leaned on one of the driving school’s car door while closed both of his eyes. His head was slightly been lifted up; and that made him looked like he was in a CF act.

 

A model of a petite and quite old car.

 

He slightly opened up his eyes and stared down to his watch. “Yah...this is too late though.”

 

As soon as he finished talked out his own monologue, there was a van came into Kim’s Driving School area and finally he could saw a figure that he waited for since last ten minutes.

 

Han Dajung.

 

“Miss Han! Over here!” Woobin smiled charmingly towards Dajung and made her heart – once again – skipped a beat. As time slowly passed between them, Dajung’s heart fluttered and deep in heart, she hoped that he would be such an angel for today.

 

But...imagination would be remained as an imagination.

 

“STOP!!” Woobin yelled loudly until Dajung quickly pressed the brake pedal so suddenly until her head almost hit the steering wheel. “What are you doing just now, Miss Han??”

 

Dajung blinked her eyes for several times as she was blurred for a second. “What have I done?”

 

Woobin face palmed himself. Then, he quickly showed his index finger to the steering wheel. “That!! That is your problem! You don’t know how to control it better!”

 

“Steering wheel? I had tried my best-“ Dajung turned her gaze just to meet Woobin fiery glare towards her.

 

“Try your best?” Woobin laughed sarcastically when he heard Dajung’s reason. “If you said this to any traffic police, I’m sure they wouldn’t even bother your lame explanation; if you’d make up an accident.”

 

Dajung muted herself. Then, she slowly tried to defend her own self. “But, this is just my second class – and I’m not even will drive to the real road so fast, am I?”

 

“So...” Woobin approached his face closer to Dajung’s face. “Do you possibly mean that you want me to teach you for a long time? I thought you do hate me as I had heard that someone had just called me ‘a jerk’ behind my back.”

 

Dajung became mystified. A lump had already formed in right when she thought back her words before....

 

“Cry to anybody? Huh! I won’t ever shed any tears because of you, you know!! Who do you think you are, huh? Such a jerk!!!”

 

“Y-you heard that??” Dajung mentally kicked herself as she had already confessed her condemnation towards Woobin week before.

 

Woobin smirked. “Of course I do hear it, you fool. This driving school is not that big, you know?”

 

UHUK! Dajung just felt that she could almost vomit bloods from .

 

She just got a free ‘fool’ word from devil Kim Woobin.

 

“Try one more round.” Woobin sternly gave out an order to Dajung. “And then, you can absolutely get lost from my face, okay?”

 

Dajung gulped. She was absolutely did want badly to get lost from Woobin’s view as fast as possible.

 

Just one more round to go, Han Dajung!

 

“Okay.”

IV

 

“Now, all is finished! Just put some chocolate chips on top of the doughnut that we’d already dipped into black and also white chocolate just now.” Dajung told her own opinion to all of her students’ right in front of her while she sprinkled some of the chocolate chips on her own made doughnut.

 

As soon as she finished her doughnut, she shifted her eyes to see all of her students that were trying to make their own design on their own doughnut. And the scenery automatically made Dajung smiled.

 

She loved to see her students happy with their own creation.

 

“So, is everything done?” Dajung finally took her opportunity to ask her students. After all her students gave a cue that they had completed their task for today, Dajung once again flashed her beautiful smile. “Okay. Now, class is dismiss and see you all tomorrow~ And oh! Don’t forget to bring the doughnuts home.”

 

“Thank you so much, Han songsaengnim~ (teacher Han~)” All her students bowed slightly to Dajung and so did Dajung too. Dajung went inside her home, which she separated with her cooking class to call for her sister as they lived together.

 

“Miss Han?”

 

Dajung stunned for a bit as soon as she heard someone called for her as she already realized that all of her student had already on their way home for now as 10 minutes had already passed.

 

Dajung turned around and saw a silhouette of lady that she was really recognized as that lady was once her cooking class student. “Oh? Mrs. Kim! How are you? We didn’t meet each other too long enough, isn’t it?”

 

Mrs. Kim smiled. “Yes. I really miss your cooking class though, Miss Han.”

 

“Really?” Dajung cackled for a bit. “Why you don’t just come if you really miss it then?” Dajung looked straightly to Mrs. Kim’s eyes while gave out her smile.

 

Dajung was really having a good relationship with each of her students.

 

“I don’t have so much time like before – I’m sure you do know about that as that was the reason why I stop coming to your cooking class.” Mrs. Kim then showed up her meaningful smile as she actually came to Dajung’s house to ask for her favor. “But...I think maybe there’s someone could replace me then.”

 

Dajung furrowed her eyebrows, felt quite confused by Mrs. Kim’s sentences. “Someone that can replace you, Mrs. Kim? I wonder who’s that person could be...”

 

“You sure that you want to know about it?” Mrs. Kim tried to test Dajung for her curiosity to the person that Mrs. Kim would tell to her. Dajung fervently nodded; and Mrs. Kim smiled once again. “It’s actually my brother-in-law.”

 

“Your brother-in-law?” Dajung asked Mrs. Kim once again as she quite shocked by the information given about her next-will-be student.

 

A young man, did want to learn how to cook? It’s unbelievable.

 

“Yup.” Mrs. Kim laughed. “I was also surprised when he told me that he wanted to learn how to cook. I’d even asked him why; as he was not the type who would cook for somebody though – but he did insist to learn it somehow so that’s why I took a decision to ask you first about this matter. So, how is it? Can you accept him?”

 

Dajung averted her gaze to her recipe books on the dining table for a while before turned back to look Mrs. Kim’s face. “Urm...I’m not even sure about that as I’d never teach a man before this. But...if he does insist to learn, then I’ll be glad to accept him as my new student then.”

 

Mrs. Kim quickly took both of Dajung’s hands and clasped it together with her warm hands. “Oh Miss Han...I don’t know how to repay you for this. And I do hope that he will well behave himself in class and don’t even make you any trouble though.”

 

Dajung raised up her eyebrows a bit as she wondered what could Mrs. Kim meant by ‘behave himself’ and also ‘don’t even make you any trouble’.

 

“Please teach him as well as you can, Miss Kim. I hope that you and he will get along better.” Mrs. Kim bowed a bit and Dajung was also did the same. Mrs. Kim’s face did look so radiant; as she couldn’t wait to tell her brother-in-law about this great news.

 

“I’ll do my best.” Dajung suddenly remembered something up in her mind. “By the way Mrs. Kim, when he will come to the class? I want to confirm it first as I want to introduce him to all my other students.”

 

Mrs. Kim closed her eyes a bit while thought about Dajung’s question. “I think he’s free for tomorrow. So, he will start by tomorrow then.”

 

 

“Noona!! Hurry up~ I’m afraid if we’ll attend it late!” Woobin had already inside his white sport car, waited for his sister-in-law from the house.

 

He’s even looked up to his appearance for a bit from his car’s side mirror to make sure that whoever-will-be his teacher would have a good impression on him.

 

First impression was very important.

 

“Yah! You’re preparing yourself too much though, Woobin ahh. It seems that you’re really interested to attend your very first cooking class.” Woobin’s sister-in-law smirked as soon as she saw Woobin who was looking to his own reflection on the mirror while his hands busied correcting his shirt.

 

“Of course.” Woobin smiled sheepishly while deep in his mind, he had already thought about his own reason why he chose to attend this cooking class.

 

He wanted to have Jung Yihyun’s heart.

 

Woobin glanced to his sister-in-law that was finally seated beside him and buckled up her seatbelt. “Let’s go Woobin ahh. I hope that you’ll behave yourself.”

 

Woobin massaged softly his nib while nodded slowly. “Yes, I will.”

 

And now – several minutes later – all eyes were on him as if he was a prey and they were the predator that would eat him anytime, right on that moment. Woobin had already arrived to his cooking teacher’s house and now he just waited for her arrival as his sister-in-law went to see her at first.

 

“Hey, young man. What is your name?” Suddenly, there was a middle-aged woman smiled cunningly to Woobin while approached him closely.

 

“M-my name?” Woobin stuttered while asked for the confirmation of the woman’s question juts now. She nodded, thus he wanted to say out his name before suddenly there was a hand on top of his chest.

 

“Omo!! You’re quite a strong lad! I wonder if you do have six-pack on your abs...and maybe you could do a favor for this ahjumma?” There was a 50 years old ahjumma went to touched Woobin’s abdomen without his permission.

 

And that made Woobin almost fumed up.

 

Woobin tried his best to put a smile on his face. “Yes, ahjumma? What can I do for you then?”

 

“I want to see your abs.” Right when she said it, Woobin’s hands automatically went to his body and did a protective guard just before her hands touched his abdomen once again.

 

‘Help me please!’

 

“Alright, my students! Have you waited too long for me?” Suddenly, there was a pair of heels thumped on the wooden floor made a huge echo of her heels could be heard which made all the cunning women that swarmed over Woobin just now went away, back to their own place.

 

And slowly – for the first time ever in his life – he let out a relief sigh. And surely, his journey to take over Yihyun’s heart was absolutely not an easy task at all.

 

“I’m just have a meeting with my ex-student just now about our new partner for today and oh! Have all of you had already meet him?” Wide, friendly grins could be seen clearly from the teacher’s visage in Woobin’s view. But, hold up.

 

Why he felt like he knew better her visage? As if he had once meet her before this.

 

“Yes! He is so handsome!” One of her students exclaimed outher compliment to Woobin’s handsome face made Woobin felt proud in an instance thus he did forget about all thoughts he had just think of about the teacher.

 

The teacher once again smiled. But, it’s somehow looked somewhat differ.

 

As there was a sly meaning in her smile.

 

“Well, let us welcome Kim Woobin sshi into our class then~” She slowly but confidently walked towards Woobin. And now, Woobin could finally saw her face.

 

It’s Dajung.

 

“I’m Han Dajung, your teacher from now on, Mr. Kim.” Dajung held out her hands to Woobin and Woobin shook hands with her with a slight hesitant in his face reaction. “Now, let’s start our first and foremost class ‘together forever’ then, Mr. Kim?”

 

The colour drained from his face. He still could remember vividly his first sentence to Dajung on her their first driving class.

 

“Shall we ‘together forever’ to the car right now, Miss?”

 

Oh. My. Goodness.

 

V

 

“Ahh~ it’s really tiring eventhough I’d face the same situation for every single day.” Dajung plopped herself on the sofa in staffs lounge. Her shift just over and she decided to just have a rest in the lounge by....sleeping.

 

Sleep is the best gift from God to humans for rest.

 

“Yah!! Han Dajung!!” As she was just wanted to shut her eyes, suddenly Hyojung stormed into the lounge and made Dajung stunned for a bit.

 

“Unnie!!! Why you have to always disturbing my own private rest time~” Dajung pouted. She just felt annoyed with her sister’s bad timing sometimes.

 

“Okay, okay. Just put the blames on me but! There’s a customer who would like to see you now. She’s at Table 14.” Hyojung smiled and patted Dajung’s shoulder right after Dajung sat on the sofa properly.

 

Dajung felt somewhat curious. “Why she want to see me? Is the food is too...bad? But I’m pretty sure every meal that I cook is fine and edible by human beings....”

 

Hyojung shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know. But she seemed so pleased by your cooking I guess. Just go~ I’m sure there will be nothing happen soon.” Hyojung tried to reassure Dajung to go to the customer’s table. Dajung combed her hair with her fingers for a bit before she wore her chef hat.

 

“I’ll go.” Dajung slowly went out from the lounge and find for the Table 14. On her way to the table, she suddenly heard a voice that was quite familiar to her.

 

“Why do you love chef to be your husband in the future, Yihyun sshi?”

 

Yihyun smiled demurely as soon as Woobin asked her that kind of question. “I’d told you before right; that I do want a man who can cook for me.”

 

“But,” Woobin paused himself for a while before tuned his gaze straightly to Yihyun. “I still do think that chef isn’t good actually. It’s because you’ll always eat 24/7 and that will make you beautiful body get...urm...you know what I mean right?”

 

Yihyun laughed. “So, what kind of profession that I should find in my future-husband then, Woobin sshi?”

 

Woobin corrected his hair and have a deep thought about it for a while. “How about someone can drive? I mean, yeah, drive can make you always have to exercise and can make you feel healthy....”

 

Yihyun averted her gaze to the other side as she couldn’t help herself from laugh when she looked to Woobin’s reaction.

 

She knew that Woobin wanted to have her heart.

 

“Oh.” Suddenly, Yihyun eyes saw a chef who was on her way to their table. Table 14. “Over here~ I really do want to meet you long time ago, Chef.”

 

Woobin turned his head around to see the chef that Yihyun fully adored as he didn’t want to have any man to interfere into his way to get Yihyun’s heart. But, as he slowly took a glance to the chef; from leg until up to the face, he realized something.

 

It’s not a guy. It’s a girl.

 

And it’s once again...his cooking teacher as known as his driving student.....

 

Han Dajung.

 

“I’m sorry but what can I help you with the foods, Miss and....Mr.?” Dajung turned her gaze to Yihyun then stopped at Woobin with one of her eyebrows been lifted up; as a sign of annoyance.

 

“No! There’s nothing wrong with your food...” Yihyun took a quick glance towards Dajung’s name tag for a moment before completing her sentences. “...Chef Han. It’s just I really love your steak – especially the way you cooked it. Half-cooked and that’s perfect!”

 

Dajung bowed a bit to Yihyun. “Thank you so much for your compliment. I do think before that you’re going to blame me if there’s anything wrong in your steak, Miss.”

 

“See? That’s why you shouldn’t choose a chef, Yihyun sshi. If you choose a chef, maybe you will face the high risk of getting diarrhea.” Woobin smirked while looked straightly to Dajung.

 

Dajung shifted her gaze to Woobin. “Pardon me, but chef is a good career as chef can know how much nutrition that a person needs so that he or she wouldn’t get sick easily.”

 

“But that’s more to dietician, don’t you think so?” Woobin furrowed his eyebrows to Dajung, waited for her response. “And you see, driving can make us do some exercise and our body as fit as fiddle rather than chef who would just love to cook and made people going...obese.” Then, he put both of his hands into the air while smirked.

 

“Driving? Drive is just will make our health decreased as we just sat on the chair and only our feet and our hands are the part of our bodies that moved around – not all. I do wonder if driving could still categorize as...an exercise?” Dajung smiled cunningly and seemed evil in Woobin’s eyes.

 

He wouldn’t ever let her win. Never.

 

“But still, drive can make a person go to any place easily rather than a chef that who would possibly spent most of his time in the kitchen, right Yihyun sshi?” Woobin quickly averted his gaze to Yihyun after there was an imaginary sparks of fire that existed between Woobin and Dajung’s eyes.

 

“Chef is a great person as we an absolutely stay alive if we had been transferred to anywhere – even to a deserted place as we can cook. Driving is not that important. Have you ever heard of a wise words saying that ‘One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one had not dined well’?” Dajung stared to Woobin with full hatred feelings.

 

Once again, fire sparks existed.

 

“Urm...both of you?” Yihyun smiled. “I wonder if both of you guys had known each other before as you two seemed so close-“

 

“Close??” Both Woobin and Dajung gave their death glare to Yihyun and even said the same thing in unison.

 

“Okay....” Yihyun tried to cover up her anxiety as she got double death glares from Woobin who was her friend and also Dajung, the chef that she adored. “I think I want to go to ladies first.”

 

As soon as Yihyun went away to the washroom, Woobin glared to Dajung. “I don’t know why we always meet each other but why do you have to say that your career is a good one and fight with me though?”

 

Dajung looked Woobin with unbelievable reactions on her face. “Huh? Chef is my career and for sure I will stand my opinion about it.” Then, Dajung looked to Woobin who was now let out a hard sigh. “You do love her don’t you?”

 

Woobin blushed; automatically his face turned red. “W-why you say so? It’s none of your business.”

 

Dajung smiled triumphantly as she knew that her hunch was correct. “Well, I guess she is your reason to enter my cooking class, right? For your information, I really hate a hypocrite person like you who would just learn how to cook in order to tackle someone’s heart – which was unforgivable at all.”

 

Woobin gasped. He never thought that Dajung would say something like that to him. While for Dajung, she straightly went away passed Woobin, back to the staffs lounge.

 

 

“What is this??!!”

 

Woobin forcefully closed his eyes as soon as he heard that Dajung was yelling behind him. He was now washing the vegetables in the sink while Dajung was in his place to see his work.

 

Dajung then laughed while her legs spread out in akimbo. “Yah! Kim Woobin! You better explain what this is as I don’t see it as a...carrot anymore.”

 

“I’m sorry.” Woobin then close the tap water and faced Dajung behind him. “I’ll cut it again.”

 

“No! You don’t need to.” Dajung put back the carrot parts on the counter while she approached Woobin with her fiery eyes. “Now, cook the rice.”

 

Woobin nodded. Then he went to the rice place and put the amount of rice into the rice cooker; without even washed it as he already put the water into it. And as results....

 

“KIM WOOBIN!!!!”

 

And that how was Woobin’s day; as almost everything that he did been commented by Dajung.

 

“How can you dice it like this?? This is too big!”

 

“Yah! Don’t put it first into the pan! Put this! Oil; do you get that??”

 

“This fish is still stinks! You don’t wash it completely, don’t you?”

 

“Oh my goodness! Just look what have you done! The kitchen is in a mess!!”

 

“Turn off the stove!!! Do you want to kill me that much huh??”

 

“Hold knife in this way; or else you will sliced your own finger, got it?”

 

“This! Make it once again! I won’t accept this!”

 

2 hours passed, and Dajung still commented on Woobin’s works. All of her other students were already home; as she only teach them for 1 hour because she wanted to give more focus to Woobin that seemed did know nothing about cooking at all.

 

PRANG

 

“What’s that?” Dajung quickly went to Woobin as soon as she heard a plate crashed onto the floor directly from her house. “Mr. Kim, are you okay?”

 

Woobin glanced to Dajung with an evil smirk.”No! I’m not okay at all! How can I’m okay if you just keep mad at me in everything!”

 

Dajung stunned. “Mr. Kim, I think you’d misunderstood my way in teaching y-“

 

“I know that I’m not good in cooking and my only reason to join this class is just to get Yihyun’s heart – but you shouldn’t treat me this way! Oh.” Woobin suddenly stopped himself for a while. “Do you possibly do this because you want to take revenge as I was teaching you...ah, now I know.”

 

“You’re wrong.” Dajung quickly stated her point. “Everything that was exists in your mind – it’s wrong.”

 

Woobin laughed sarcastically. “So, what do you guess me to believe your reason other than that?”

 

“It’s because I hate you.” Dajung slowly opened her cooking class main door after she had taken a look to her crashed plate. “Because you’re not giving your best and all your heart when you cook your dishes as your reason is just to get her love. Now, our cooking class is dismissed and I’ll see you again....tomorrow.”

 

Dajung slowly let out a heavy sigh from as soon as Woobin straightly went out from her class by the door that she had already opened wide before.

 

VI

 

It had already been months passed and Dajung and Woobin couldn’t stop fought with each other. Woobin would always remain as a devil when he teaches Dajung; and Dajung would be like an evil stepmother that used to complaint everything about Woobin’s cooking skills.

 

It’s never end. And maybe it will take a long time for the fight between them to meet its end.

 

Death glare, black aura that surrounds them and also madness that lied within them – it’s had been a normal thing for them – and also people that used to be around them. And yet, they have their own title in their own place. In Kim’s Driving School, they were known as Dragon and Beast. While in Dajung’s cooking class, they were called as Sweet and Sour – as both of them were quite similar as that kind of food.

 

When Sweet meet Sour....

 

“Done for today! Get lost from my eyes now! Ahh...my eyes burns...” Woobin quickly hopped out from the car as soon as the time for him to teach Dajung had already over. He was even rubbed his eyes as if his eyes were really burns enough.

 

The time that he and also she had waited for.

 

“Yeah, yeah...” Dajung was also hopped out from the car and slammed the car’s door shut until it did make a loud noisy bam sound which echoed in Kim’s Driving School. “I don’t want to see your face either!” Dajung stuck out her tongue before made her way to get her purse and went away to the cafeteria to quench her thirst with a cold mineral water.

 

Dajung went to the refrigerator and find for a mineral water bottle when there was a group of girls came approached her. “Excuse me. You’re student of Mr. Kim, am I right?”

 

Dajung eyed one of the girls that talked to her just now. “Yes.” She closed the refrigerator door as soon as she found the water. Then, she went to the counter and paid for the drinks before she realized that the girls were still trailing her from behind. “What do you guys want from me, hmm?”

 

“Ahh...nothing.” The same girl before did reply Dajung’s question while shook her head innocently.

 

“That is Mr. Kim right? Wow....he’s so handsome!” Suddenly one of the girls was looking or even could be said as drooling over Woobin’s figure from behind through the office’s window.

 

“Oh my...he’s handsome?” Dajung smirked while took a sip of mineral water. “That kind of face...couldn’t even be a model, you know? Disqualified! Rejected! It’s worth to be put in the dustbin!”

 

The juniors were looking at Dajung with surprise as Dajung suddenly raised her voice a bit in the last three sentences. Then, the other girl tried to compliment Woobin once again. “He’s so charming...look at that gestures~ Oh my goodness, why a perfect man like him could exist in this world?”

 

“Charming? Perfect?” Once again Dajung interfere the girls talk. “Oh my... He’s the most ugly and imperfect devil that I’ve ever met in human disguise.... He’s a jerk, you know?”

 

“A jerk? How come a gentleman like him will be such a bad man....” The girl once again couldn’t believe Dajung.

 

“He’s too bad. Really bad. Very bad.” Dajung drank another sip of her mineral water. “I just wanted to curse him all over.” Then in second later, Dajung suddenly laughed like a mad woman. And that did make every girls that approached her just now slowly went away from her.

 

They’re scared of Dajung more than Woobin though.

 

 

TOK TOK

 

“Woobin ahh....” Woobin gradually opened up his eyelids as soon as he heard a sweet yet feminine voice called for him from the door. “I’ll open the door, ne?”

 

Woobin rubbed his eyes while put aside his stuffed toy to the corner of his bed. “Yes...”

 

CLICK

 

After the door opened, there was his sister-in-law who was smiling to see Woobin that was still sleepy and his hair bed – which as if she was looking to another person; not her brother-in-law. “Woobin ahh...good morning.”

 

“Morning, noona.” Woobin just shortly replied the greetings without even put ‘good’ words in front of his greetings as he just saw that his sister-in-law woke him up in such an early hour.

 

He didn’t like to wake up early in the morning. He hated it.

 

“I’m sorry because I wake you up earlier this morning.” His sister-in-law smiled sheepishly while rubbed her own hair. “Woobin ahh...will you fulfill this little wish of your noona?”

 

“Little wish?” Woobin scratched the back of his neck while his eyes had fullu opened wide for now. “Umm....let’s see what is it first then I’ll decide whether I’ll fulfill it or not...” Woobin yawned after he had finished up his sentences.

 

“Okay. But I do hope you’ll do it as it’s kind of simple task after all.” Woobin’s sister-in-law smiled meaningfully.

 

Now or never.

 

“Please cook today’s breakfast, ne? I’m really tired even to rise up my arms....” She rose up her arms a bit before let it fell weightlessly back to its position. Woobin messed up his hair before stood up and approached his sister-in-law.

 

“Are you seriously wants me to cook the breakfast?” Woobin asked for the confirmation and she quickly nodded without had any second thought in her mind. “Okay then. Give me five minutes.”

 

His sister-in-law nodded aggressively and took a step back as Woobin wated to close his bedroom door. She grinned widely before whispered to herself, “I did it!! Yes!”

 

TICK TOCK

 

Five minutes already passed, and Woobin silhouette slowly could be seen walked down the stairs by his sister-in-law that was already wait for him downstairs while spent her time with watching her favourite drama, The Heirs.

 

It’s an encore; and she surely didn’t want to miss it out especially when her favourite actor was acting in that drama.

 

Kim Woobin.

 

Woobin walked steps by steps to go to the kitchen. He had already let out a lot of hard sigh ever since he was in his bedroom.

 

Woobin opened the refrigerator and looked out for something easy to be made as breakfast; such as sandwiches. Seconds later, he closed the refrigerator door.

 

A hard sigh once again could be heard from his mouth.

 

Then, suddenly something shiny did attract him somehow to grab it, look at it and adore it. His feet as if had been in control by the shiny thing, he walked to the counter just to take a....knife.

 

TICK TOCK

 

Woobin’s sister-in-law glanced to the wall clock that was hanging in front of her. 30 minutes had already passed; and she did wonder what stages that Woobin’s into now in this second. She quickly went up from the loveseat after the drama took a break for a while by showed some of the advertisements on the screen.

 

She tiptoed slowly on her way to the kitchen and peeped Woobin from the pillar. Then, she scanned everything in the kitchen – it’s neat; as if didn’t been touched by anybody at all.

 

Then, she glanced back to Woobin’s back side. He was quiet and yet that made she felt somewhat curious as he didn’t even moved a little bit from his position. As her curiosity arouse, she went slowly to Woobin just to see his twinkled eyes was looking to something in his hand with a pleasure.

 

Knife. A knife.

 

She was taken aback by Woobin’s face reaction when he stared to the knife until made herself felt slight goose bumps.

 

Where is the usual Woobin that she knew?

 

“Woobin ahh....” She tried call for his name, but he still remained to stare to the knife. “Woobin ahh.....”

 

“Oh.” Woobin blinked his eyes and met his gaze with his sister-in-law. “Noona. Please wait for a second. I’ll make a scrumptious yet safe breakfast for all of us to eat.”

 

“No!” She slightly yelled which made the knife in Woobin’s hand fell onto the floor. “I mean; let me do the breakfast.”

 

“But you said that you’re sick, noona?” Woobin innocently asked his sister-in-law about what she had informed him first in his bedroom.

 

“I-I’m now better. Yeah, feeling better.” She bit her lower lip when finally she made a decision to pushed Woobin out from the kitchen area. “And I don’t need you to even help me!”

 

He’s too dangerous.

 

“Oh...okay, noona.” Woobin weakly went to the living room and met his brother that had already been in front of the television and changed the channel before to another channel.

 

Food Network channel.

 

“Woobin ahh!” His brother called for him gaily before he had seen a scary aura engulfed his younger brother; and his eyes stayed to the television with a death glare.

 

He hates cooking. He hates Dajung.

 

Woobin’s sister-in-law quickly hit his brother shoulder and leaned to his ear. “You better change the channel; our Woobin had already going crazy! He just stare to the knife as it is the interesting thing to be watch.”

 

His brother looked to his sister-in-law face in awe. Then, she fervently nodded and he quickly took a precaution step by changing the channel back to the channel that showed The Heirs encore drama.

 

And for Woobin, he quickly took a seat beside his brother as if nothing happened and glued his gaze to the television screen while his brother and also sister-in-law were thinking about him.

 

 

“You know what; I’d finally found my dream car!!!”

 

“Hush!!!”

 

PRAK!

 

“See? I told you to hush already, Chef Lee!!” Hyojung exclaimed as soon as most of Haven Palate’s staffs at that time had already heard countless times of plate broken into two parts – as Dajung had a black belt in Taekwondo.

 

“Why Chef Han can turn to that....?” Chef Lee innocently asked for an answer and she looked to all of the people in front of her.

 

“It’s because....” Hyojung hesitantly wanted to talk about the reason why Dajung could turn into a plate-breaker. She cued all of them to move closely towards her. “She was allergic to anything related to car and drive words.”

 

“Ahh...” All them nodded and said it in unison. Then, Hyojung cleared out .

 

“And guess what...this kind of incident had already happened since month before. As I started to ask her about her driving class; not just plate but the glass was also cracked in her hands!” Hyojung explained about Dajung’s weird behavior with wide-opened eyes.

 

“That’s kind of scary....” One of the staff expressed out her worry over Dajung’s condition. And the others nodded in unison.

 

“By the way, we had to look after Chef Han right now, shall we?” Chef Lee gave out her opinions before the other nodded in agreement.

 

So then, they strated to walked into the kitchen just to see Chef Song was standing beside Dajung with one of his hand been put onto his chest. And as soon after they approached Chef Song, they had seen something in front of their eyes.

 

A whole chicken had been cut perfectly split into two parts.

 

And Dajung was the person who did that as she held a knife.

 

Dajung, who was always wanted Chef Song to helped her to cut the whole chicken.

 

And now, she did it by herself.

 

“Chef Song...let’s have a talk outside.” Hyojung quickly pulled along Chef Song together with the other Haven Palate’s staff to the staff’s lounge. “What did you say to Chef Han just now, if you don’t mind to share it with us?”

 

Chef Song shrugged his shoulder. “I don’t know but I’m just asking her about her driving class – that’s all.”

 

Hyojung and the other Haven Plate’s staffs let out a sigh.

 

They knew it.

 

VII

 

Today, Dajung did a decision to came a little bit early to Kim’s Driving School by boarding a taxi. She looked up to the driving school’s sign board before she let out a sigh.

 

Once again, she would face Woobin.

 

She walked in a slow pace to the Kim Driving School to find for Woobin’s figure from afar. Suddenly, there was a car who went passed her and finally stop not far from Dajung stature.

 

The door opened, and Dajung could vividly saw Woobin.

 

And he’s smiling....wide.

 

“Okay! You did such a great drive. It’s fun to be your teacher for today and I do hope that I’ll be your next session teacher too.” Woobin talked to a girl who was sitting in the driver seat with nice words that Dajung never got from Woobin.

 

Her heart’s hurt.

 

Soon after, the girl went out from the car while flashed a beautiful smile to Woobin. “Thank you very much, Mr. Kim. I hope that I’ll pass the exam by next week though.”

 

Woobin patted her shoulder right after he approached her. “Don’t worry. I’m sure you can pass the exam with flying cars.” Woobin laughed as he had changed ‘flying colours’ words to ‘flying cars’; special for the girl that he had approved her driving skill.

 

Dajung’s grip tightened to her shirt.

 

“I hope so!” The girl exclaimed and she hugged Woobin shortly after that. And Woobin even replied her hug before broke it seconds later.

 

“Now, I got another student turns after this so goodbye for now.” Woobin flashed his charming smile to the girl and the girl nodded. She slowly went near to Dajung and Woobin’s gaze automatically saw Dajung who was staring at him with a death glare. “Yah!! Han Dajung! What are you waiting for huh? Hurry up here!”

 

And angelic Woobin that Dajung saw just now fully disappeared in a nick of time.

 

“Mr. Kim Woobin.” Dajung said slowly after she approached him. “I don’t know what your problem is but I do think it’s unfair...by just looking to your attitude when you teaches that girl before. You can be a nice man to her but not me?”

 

Woobin puckered his eyebrows. “Well, do you want me to treat you like a princess then, Miss Han Dajung?” Woobin laughed sarcastically. “Well, just in your dreams because I’ve no time to do that kind of service to you.”

 

“So, do you mean here that she is special and I’m not?” Dajung tried to provoke Woobin and her kind of question did make him fell into her trap.

 

“No. Not ‘special’. But she’s better than you; or in another kind of words...you’re worse. So that’s explained why I don’t treat you better, understood?”

 

Dajung’s blood boiled up.

 

“I’m worse? I’d do my best in every aspect and you said I’m worse? Maybe yes, I couldn’t meet your expectation but at least don’t you suppose to say something that can put my heart in ease? Even once?” Dajung fumed up. Her hands had already rubbed her nib.

 

“Miss Han. What I’m supposed to say to someone like you? You want me to say what?” Woobin moved his face closer to Dajung just to see her eyes were slightly teary.

 

“You know, I hate you Kim Woobin!” Dajung snapped at him and went away from the driving school area without any hesitant.

 

Woobin yelled from afar as he saw she didn’t have a sign to stop. “Yah Miss Han Dajung!! Han Dajung!!!”

 

As Woobin just wanted to chase her from behind, Dajung had already took a cab to go back home.

 

This means her extra time for today had been dismissed.

 

 

Woobin drove his white sport car with a slight disapproval in his heart. He was supposed to go to Dajung’s cooking class an hour later but not for today.

 

He went earlier this time.

 

After he had been in front of Dajung’s house together with her sister, he quickly pressed the brake pedal and pulled the handbrake. He looked to Dajung’s house for a second before he turned off the car’s engine and hopped out from the car.

 

“Han Dajung...I don’t get you...” Woobin slowly sighed while whispered under his breath before made his way to Dajung’s opened door which would lead him to her cooking class section.

 

Just before he wanted to enter her house area, Dajung had already gone out from her house and both of them meet each other in surprise.

 

“Wh-what are you doing here, Mr. Kim? Don’t you suppose to come in an hour later from now?” Dajung took courage first to break the still air that existed between them.

 

“Me?” Woobin showed to himself by showing his index finger towards himself. “Oh...I just want to meet you. Yes, that’s it.”

 

“You want to meet me? Why?” Dajung straightened her figure while looked straightly to Woobin’s eyes.

 

“I want to make a complaint. About your teaching method, Miss Han.” Woobin gave a death glance to Dajung. “You’re so unfair towards me, you know? You always snapped at me anytime I had made a mistake and you don’t even being angry to those ahjumma!”

 

“Because you’re worse.” Dajung smirked. “That’s what you used to say to me on today’s morning right? And now, I’m saying this to you – you’re worse.”

 

Woobin’s face turned sour. “Why I’m worse? It’s all because of your teaching method that was worse!”

 

“Excuse me!! I cannot accept what you’d just said to me just now! If my teaching method is that bad, why all other students of mine had already being excellent in their cooking skill, huh?” Dajung went closer to Woobin, and her fist already formed firmly in both of her hands.

 

“Because they’re women, and I’m a man.” Woobin stated his point without even moved his glance a bit from Dajung.

 

“And that’s seemed so ridiculous to be an exact reason though, Mr. Kim Woobin.” Dajung furrowed her eyebrows to Woobin, as if she dared him to have a fight with her.

 

An imaginary fire sparks existed between them.

 

“And so did you too, Miss Han Dajung. You’d just left me in the driving school and made my time wasted – all because of you!” Woobin stared deeply to Dajung’s eyes; and so did Dajung too.

 

Teeth gritted and fist formed – they would really love it if they could just make their way into a fight.

 

Like WWE.

 

Suddenly...without even a bell rang in their mind to state the first round, there was a voice called for help; and it did seemed like a serious matter though. And to make it worse, the voice was coming from Dajung’s neighbor who was now touched her big belly and all her groceries in the basket had already fell onto the ground.

 

“H-help.....”

 

Authors'notes

Finally!!!! Medianlogue chapter done! I really looking forward to have this finished in time but as I was getting really busy (and so did 1004ngel too) so I hope that this chapter will be done by yesterday...but it had already turned out late for a day xP

I hope that this long chapter will make your heart feel in ease and satisfied with our works ^^ And oh! We do loves the part where Dajung and Woobin became slightly crazy (Part VI) for a while as both of them were stressed about their own class which was conducted by the person that they never want to see - which is each of them. It's quite like a vice versa of teacher-student relationship~

So now...I want to officially stated that there will be one more chapter to come! Yeay~ And that will be the epilogue for this one-shot story :D

Both of the authors here wished that every single reader of this story will have good days ahead and do think about Dajung and Woobin too ne? lolz xD

P/s : We're really craving for macarons~ huhuhu xP Don't know why is that so...*shrugged*