Han River

Han River

The water is cold...

More than cold...

This water is freezing me out...

But it's okay...

-Han River-

"Good morning master."

"What do you want?"

"It's time for your school."

A boy rolledd from his bed and walked to the bathroom. He showered himself with cold water, feeling better and better. After he took a bath, here came the breakfast. Everything seems perfect like being a prince.

Maybe it's 21 century and we don't believe any encounters like prince or princesses. But here, everything makes sense.

Kim Jongin is a heir, and that made him a prince. He isn't that arrogant. He makes friends with everybody and included himself in a prestigious group of heirs. His future is perfect. A way too perfect.

"Hey there!" A gigantic man with creepy smile greeted Jongin with a smack on the head.

"Chanyeol Hyung," Jongin said as he try not to hit back.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry," Chanyeol laughed and went away with his boyfriend.

You see, in this world, being one of the kind is better to make you survive. Including being one man who likes another man if you know what I mean.

Jongin stared at those two. He didn't have any intentions for anybody and everything started to bore him.

"Come inside and please introduce yourself," a teacher opened the door and he stepped inside with a boy.

Or may I say, a gorgeous boy and Jongin's jaw hungs open that time.

"Hello, I'm from Ilsan and my name is Do Kyung Soo. Thank you," he said as the other students eyed on him.

"He's cute!" Jongin scoffed when he hears a comment beside him.

But he also couldn't took his eyes over the wide eyes boy. He just... couldn't...

***

"Excuse me?" Kyung Soo said when someone stood in front of his locker.

"Do Kyung Soo, nice to see you here," a nice tall boy said.

"Who are you?" Kyung Soo eyed the man and he didn't afraid, at all.

The man leaned closer.

"I'm the one who watch you," The man whispered and Kyung Soo's eyes widened.

Then the memories flashed like a movie in his head. It ended with a gunshot, bloods, tears, scars. It was hurt.

"Just go away from me. I will do it well," Kyung Soo threatened him.

"My name is Kris by the way. Let's be friend."

"We'll never be friend. Never," Kyung Soo glared at the taller.

***

"Kyung Soo ya! Please help me with this!" Jongdae ran to the smaller boy and showed him his book.

"Which one?" Kyung Soo smiled and Jongdae pointed at one question.

Here we are, when the love takes nothing but happiness. It was full of serenity. Where is the heaven?

Jongin was there, crying. He didn't do anything and everybody didn't even dare to touch him or bring him down.

"Shame on you!"

Jongin's heart ached from those words. And it was out from a woman that he loved the most. His mother. He thought that loving someone wasn't bad. It was good thing to do.

"Hello?" a male voice made him wiped his tears and looked up.

"I'm sorry," Jongin got up and went away.

"Wait."

Jongin couldn't look at those eyes. He could imagine himself looking at it but at the end. He couldn't do it in real life.

"Are you okay?" the boy looked closer to Jongin.

"Do you know how it feels to be hurt by someone you love?" Jongin suddenly asked.

"Yeah, I know," with that, Kyung Soo hugged Jongin right away.

"So, you are Kim Jongin. My name is Kyung Soo."

"I already know," Jongin managed to say.

Kyung Soo laughed and Jongin stunned such a beautiful laugh. He watched him from afar until he knew every single detail of him. How he pouted when Baekhyun and Chanyeol . How he glared to a boy named Kris.

Kyung Soo looked at the boy beside him. A bit like a prince-like. He remembered the stories told by his dorkies friend. He used to be a heir of something big they said. Kyung Soo could know how fragile was Jongin. He knew him from afar. How he listened to a music when he didn't like to hear the teacher. How he glared when Chanyeol greeted him with a smack on the shoulder or head.

They knew each other well and maybe they loved it.

***

The day was come and Jongin sneaked out from his house. He never called it home. No after his father died in car crash. No one understand him. No one until someone broke his shell once again.

"Hyung!"

"Jongin? What are you doing here?" a boy wrapped in black sweater opened the door of his own house.

"I have a surprise for you," Jongin said as he closed Kyung Soo's eyes with a slayer.

"What?" Kyung Soo laughed.

Jongin knew that his hyung stayed alone in a medium-size house. He never met Kyung Soo's family, his mother or father. He didn't care at all. The man he loved was there and he didn't care of everything.

"Where are we?" Kyung Soo said as he felt some wind flew between his feet.

"You can open your eyes now," Jongin said as Kyung Soo opened the slayer.

Kyung Soo gasped at the lamps on the Han River. No no, it was lanterns all over the side of the river. It was the festival, lantern festival.

"Woah!" Kyung Soo stared at all the sparking lanterns and Jongin hugged him from behind.

"Do you like it?" Jongin smiled.

"No," Jongin shocked to hear those word.

"I don't like it, I love it," Kyung Soo said as he turned around and stared at Jongin.

Jongin leaned closer and their lips met. Kyung Soo loved to be loved back and Jongin did too. The smaller one clinged his arms to Jongin's neck, pulling him closer and closer.

***

Kyung Soo opened his eyes. Something disturbed him so he woke up. He turned his head just to find someone's face beside him. He blushed when he remembered how Jongin treated him like a prince. He loved it. He loved all about Jongin.

Suddenly his phone rang and he picked it up.

"Until when?" a voice made him fully awoke.

"I don't know."

"You will know what will happen to your sister if you don't do it."

"Don't even touch her," he hissed.

"I won't. You have to vanish him. Now."

"I don't know, Kris," Kyung Soo tried to hold his tears.

"Hyung. Are you okay? Was it hurt?" Jongin's voice made Kyung Soo ended the call.

"We need to go to school," Jongin smiled and hugged Kyung Soo.

"Okay," Kyung Soo turned around to kiss Jongin until they ended on the bed.

"Do you want to do it again?" Jongin smirked.

"No!" Kyung Soo laughed as he stood up and walked to the bathroom.

***

Kyung Soo cornered as Kris leaned closer to him. They were in the empty basketball court, a dark place without life if there weren't any students who cheered along.

"You are a great murderer, Kyung Soo," Kris locked his gaze upon Kyung Soo.

"I don't want to do it," Kyung Soo almost cried.

"How could you can't? You killed an old man and crashed a car to him and poof! he's gone," Kris said.

Jongin's eyes widened that time. He walked in search for Kyung Soo and heard the familiar voice in the court. Car crashed? Was it his father?

"You can kill the old man but not Jongin?" Kris's statement made Jongin froze in his place.

His tears started to fall down. He was betrayed by someone he loved. It was hurt more than anything. Hurt.

Kyung Soo cried because he couldn't do anything. He took a dagger from his pocket and stabbed Kris down. He will be hunted down after this. But he didn't care. He needed Jongin. He also remembered her sister and he cried more.

"Jongin?" Kyung Soo said someone sat near the court entrance door.

"Go away!" Jongin shouted.

He knew, Kyung Soo sighed. He lost him. Kyung Soo walked weakly, far away from Jongin. His tears were dried. He couldn't cry anymore. He lost everything.

Jongin realized something. Is that blood? Jongin ran to the court and found Kris's body lying on the corner of the court.

"He... just murdered somene."

***

Kyung Soo ran to his house and cleaned all the bloods. He felt empty. He didn't know what to do anymore.

"We're sorry to your sister," A voice in the phone made Kyung Soo sat beside his bed.

His sister was gone, Jongin too. What was the purpose to live a life again? Maybe he was stupid. But a mind liked him would never be the same anymore after all the scars.

His father was murdered and his mother shot in front of his eyes. He just a normal high school boy until someone came and ruined his life. Then he knew that it was Jongin's father. He killed him for sure, not realizing that he had a son. And Kyung Soo knew, he loved the boy, a way too much.

A familiar breeze greeted him as he walked along the Han river. He remembered that night when they kissed between the lights from the lanterns. It was beautiful. He smiled weakly at the scenery.

***

Jongin was furious. How could he ran away? He moved forward and backward, living his friends stared worriedly at him.

"A week without any news," Lay, one of his friend said.

"We must find him," Jongin hissed.

"He sure has reason, Jongin," Suho tried to calm him down.

"And he needs to ing explain it!!" Jongin kicked the chair.

"Just stay calm!" Tao said as Jongin sat on another chair.

"I went to his house but found nothing," Jongin desperately said as he stared down.

"I miss him," tears fell down from his eyes as the others hugged him.

"He maybe stays there," Xiumin, the oldest from them all made Jongin realized something.

"I need to go," Jongin grabbed his back and ran away.

***

Kyung Soo stared at the Han River. He loved this place. Really. He touched his lips, feeling Jongin's lips on his and tears started to fall down. He loved all the butterflies thingy in his stomach when Jongin kissed him all over his body. He missed him so much.

He stared at the water. How to end this? He didn't have anything left and Jongin must be angry at him. He laughed sarcastically. The car crashed flashed in his mind. How happy was that to see someone took a revenge? He didn't have any matter left.

"Maybe I should," He climbed the vence and sighed to have himself ready.

"Good bye, Jongin," Kyung Soo closed his eyes and let his body fell into the water.

It is okay, everything will be fine...

I'll go and this will end...

With then, every moments in his life flashed on. When he was born, when he saw his parents were killed. When he met Jongin. When he killed Kris. Everything made him smiled and at last he closed his eyes, letting the water entered his lungs and gone.

"Hyung!" a voice made him awoke a little.

"Jongin?" That was the last thing he said before everything gone from his sight.

***

Jongin cried. He was hugged by Suho who couldn't say anything. The others stayed on the chairs in the waiting room.

"Doctor! He's not breathing!" A nurse came out and another doctor entered the emergency room.

Jongin shocked to hear that. He didn't think twice and jumped right after he saw someone in the river. Now he was all wet. But he didn't care.

Please don't leave me hyung...

You're all that I got...

You sacrifice yourself instead of killing me...

I love you...

Jongin sobbed as a doctor opened the emergency room.

"Is there anyone who close to him?"

"We are," Xiumin answered.

"He is saved and now we will move him to the usual treatment room and you all can see him."

Everyone sighed in relieve. They quickly moved to the room signed for Kyung Soo.

Here they were, staring at a pale little boy who laid on the hospital bed. His condition was now fine. But he hadn't wake up.

"Please wake up," Jongin whispered as he held Kyung Soo's hand.

"We need to go. You need to rest," Chanyeol unusually quiet and serious this time.

"I don't want to go," Jongin burned himself between the blanket.

"At least have dinner?" Jongdae suggested.

"We will bring your clothes," Tao helped Jongin stood up and they went to have dinner.

Tao really came to Jongin's house along with the others. They made some reasons about sleeping over so they could take Jongin's clothes.

Jongin thanked them all and they went home that night. He then sat again beside Kyung Soo, waiting for his love to wake up until he fell asleep.

Kyung Soo opened his eyes slowly.

Where am I? Am I in heaven? or hell?

He felt something grabbed his arm so he looked aside just to see Jongin slept peacefully while holding his hand.

"Jongin," Kyung Soo whispered and Jongin opened his eyes.

"Hyung? Are you fully awake? What is hurting? Are you fine?" Jongin examined Kyung Soo's body.

"I am physically fine, Jongin," Kyung Soo smiled weakly.

"You owe me many explanations," Jongin started the topic.

"I'm ready to explain everything Jongin. My father was murdered, my mother shot in front of my eyes. Your father killed my parents. I took a revenge on him by crashing a car to his car, leaving you and your mother and I don't even know that you're his son until someone kidnapped my sister and asked me to kill... you," Kyung Soo ended and waited for the response.

"I am sorry," Jongin cried as he apologised to Kyung Soo.

"No need to be sorry, Jongin. I will be hunted down after this," Kyung Soo said.

"I will protect you hyung. I will."

"No need too cause I'm going to kill them all."

***

"Jongin," Kyung Soo moaned when Jongin kissed his collar bone.

"Yeah?"

"I'm going now," Kyung Soo managed to say as Jongin stood up.

"Promise that you'll be okay?" Jongin said.

"I will," Kyung Soo kissed Jongin on the lips and prepared his revolver.

***

"Good night viewers, we are here to report some murders. There are 10 people who was founded here by a pedestrian who walked at the evening. There are no trail for the murderer but the police shocked to see that all the victims were member of a rich gang who attend to do some robbery."

Suho gulped to see the situation on TV and the others stunned.

"He sure a cold hearted murderer," Xiumin said as Jongin laughed.

"But at last, It's over," Jongin said as the others smiled at him.

***

Kyung Soo smiled at his masterpiece. He stared at all the lanterns he flew to the river, statisfying his work.

"Jongin!" Kyung Soo then called Jongin who slept in his room that night.

"What hyung?" Jongin rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"Yah!" He protested when Kyung Soo tied a slayer to cover his eyes.

"Where are we going?" Jongin asked as Kyung Soo laughed.

"You must be know this," Kyung Soo said as he led Jongin to his favorite place on Han River.

"You can open your eyes," Kyung Soo finally said as Jongin uncovered his eyes.

"Wow! Colorful!" Jongin gazed to the surface of Han River and amazed at the colors from the lanterns.

"I love this," Jongin said as he leaned closer to Kyung Soo and kissed him.

"I love you, Jongin," Kyung Soo said as he held Jongin's hand.

"I love you more," Jongin pulled Kyung Soo closer and kissed him again.

"Wanna do more?" Kyung Soo asked as Jongin smirked to hear that.

"I don't know that you can be that seductive," Jongin whispered.

"I can be like that," Kyung Soo hugged Jongin as they walked hand in hand to Kyung Soo's home, smiling at each other happily.