chapter 2

Joyous

When they were sitting on the bus Kiko looked over to Jiro's side near the window. He had his earphones plugged into his ears. Sitting on the bus without anything to do made the whole ride to the airport even longer.
Her stomach rumbled loudly. She looked around to make sure no one heard her. She missed breakfast and now she is really, really hungry. She was craving for candy again, but all the candy was in the suitcase. She could not eat any until she arrived in Changland. Jiro bent over and grabbed something in his bag and threw it at her. She caught it in between her hands, a muffin. She looked at him with a surprised look.
"Did you hear m-"
"Shhh!" he said and went back to looking out of the window.
"Thank you, Jiro." She whispered. So he didn't really listen to any music. Maybe he wanted to be left alone. She opened the plastic and happily ate the muffin. Even though he can be really mean to her he still treat her kindly, like a little sister.. What was she to him? He never really rejected her and he still treat her nicely sometimes..
"I wonder if he sees me as a woman yet.." she thought to herself.

 

At the airport it was extremely busy! Jiro got mad because she couldn't help him find the gate to Changland.
"Jesus, why are you so slow,  Kiko?!" He yelled at her as they ran towards the gate. When they arrived they were still early so they sat down and waited. She glanced at him and saw that he was still frowning. Best to let him cool down. As he stretched backwards and closed his eyes she could not help but blush a little. He is good looking. Maybe not celebrity status, but he is definitely good looking. He leaned over and put his head in his hands and looked bored. In the past 5 years, he has gone from a cute boy to a handsome one.

"Can someone as plain as me really have him? Won't I be the ugly one?!"

What is she thinking? She's not even sure if he sees her in that kind of way yet. She looked at him again and saw  that he was staring at a girl a few meters away. He was clearly attracted to her. She had long dark hair with straight bangs and looked careless while listening to music.
"You should look more like her. She's cute!" He said while giggling.
She just glared at him.
"WELL, I'M SORRY FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO CHANGE MY FEATURES AND BEING EFFORTLESSLY PRETTY!!" she wanted to scream, but remained silent. The pretty girl did not wear anything fancy, sweater and jeans. Like herself, except the pretty girl looked ten times better..
 

The whole flight was horrible. The food was not edible and Jiro still ignored her. At least she got the seat near the window. It was just a bit uncomfortable with a stanger in between them since he wanted the seat furthest away so he could check out the pretty girl from earlier. After 7,5 hours they finally landed. A woman with a sign that said "JCC" came to pick them up with many other students.


--------------------------------------------------

It has been a month since she arrived at Joy College of Changland and she has still not made any friends at the dorm. It was not like they were mean to her, she was just too shy to approach them. In a less than two weeks classes finally begin. Thinking like that made her sound like a geek, but that is not true. She had to work really hard to get into this school. Originally she wanted to get into this school because Jiro was going to, but when she made some research she fell for the school's charm. It is a very big and old school. Actually, it is enormous! It is just like Hogwarts, if you subtract the brooms and wands. It is still just as amazing since JCC have many different kinds of majors and subjects to choose between. Jiro chose mainly sport related subjects. Because of different interests Kiko and Jiro got seperated into different dorms. She wished she was more athletic so she could at least have one class together with him, but art was more for her.

She started to feel really lonely. Even when she saw him he just walked past her with his new friends. Most of the time she just stayed inside her room at the dorm and snacked on her candy. The pretty girl she and Jiro saw at the airport also belongs to her dorm. Her name is Yuumi she usually hang out at the lounge with two other girls called Tsuki and Risa.
 

When she walked into the room after taking a shower (which was a public one. Luckily there are booths since she was not comfortable being in front of people) she got startled when suddenly a girl stood there with all her belongings.
"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry if I scared you!" The girl said.
"No, sorry!" Why did she say sorry? How embarrassing!
"My name is Mayu. I will share this room with you" she smiled.
"I'm Kiko." They shook hands and then it got awkward. Mayu started unpacking her stuff. Kiko went to her half of the room and sat on her bed.
"Maybe I should ask her if she wants some help..." Kiko thought to herself.
"Umm.. Do you want help?" she finally asked after hesitating for a good 10 minutes.
"It's okay, thank you anyways!" she laughed. Mayu had a really bright smile and giggled a lot, even though it was very awkward. Her hair was cut in a bob and it was brown. She also had really nice makeup on. Kiko wondered if Mayu would teach her if they became close.

They told each other good night and turned off thelights.

 

Kiko and Mayu started getting closer and because of Mayu's outgoing and charming personality more people started talking to them. Soon they had their own group of friends.
"KIKO!"
"huh?" Shoot, she started spacing out again in the middle of the discussion.
"She space out a lot." said Ellie.
"Oh my god, DO YOU FIND US BORING?"
Jun asked loudly, almost screamed.
"Jun, please stop screaming!" Ellie screamed. The two blonde asian american started to quarrel, just like siblings even though they are not. Rin just laughed, like she always did. That was actually all she did, laughed. She barely talked and she was really mysterious.

When they were in the cafeteria she saw Jiro with his friends, two girls and two other boys. She quickly waved at him when they got eye contact and he nodded back at her.
"Who is that?" Mayu asked.
"My neighbor.."
"Uhhhh! Your boyfriend?" Jun said with a teasing high voice.
"Shutup!" Kiko slapped his arm, blushing.
"Well, not bad."
"He's not my boyfriend.." she replied with a sad tone.

After they finished their lunch Jun walked up to her.
"If you ever need any help with that neighbor you can always talk to me. I will help you out." he said.