Chapter 1

Joyous

"...Is it too tacky?" she mumbled to herself while trying on one of her dresses, scanning herself intensively from head to toe in the mirror.
"It's just plain ugly, ew!" screams her younger brother from the door with a disgusted face. She gave him a glare and he started laughing hysterically.
"Can you please shut up and get the out?!"
"Kiko, no cursing in this house!" she heard her mom yell from the kitchen. Her being yelled at made her brother even more excited. She pushed him out of the room and slammed the door. Sigh. Why is he so annoying? Must be his age. All sixteen year olds are annoying, are they?

She walked over to the mirror again and stared at her reflection. The baby pink dress was hugging her tightly around the waist. Wearing this to the airport will most likely be very uncomfortable, especially since she is gonna sit on the plane for over than 8 hours! She touched the fabric, it was soft and of chiffon. The whole outfit was so girly, so not her. She actually preferred wearing more comfortable clothes. It did not look bad and dresses were fine but she liked wearing over-sized pieces. Preferably black and white. But since Jiro really liked girly and feminine girls she tried her best to fit the measurements of his ideal type.

"I'm home!" she heard her older sister from the hall. She ran out to greet her and when Kiko saw her sister she just wanted to slam her head into the wall. Her sister is so beautiful. She is elegant, confident and has a strong aura. While Kiko was in awe her sister dropped a big bag full of groceries in her arms.
"Are you not gonna help me?" She said, somewhat irritated. Her sister threw her long wavy hair over the shoulder and carried all the groceries to the kitchen. Life is really unfair. Kiko put the bag on the table and went back into her room and pulled the dress over her head. In her pyjamas, she sat on her bed and started running her fingers through her shoulder length hair. Can it not grow faster? If she knew Jiro liked girls with long hair she wouldn't have cut it last summer. She was so plain in comparison to her sister. Knowing that her older sister is more of Jiro's type than she was really hurt her pride. Like a punch in the stomach. She sighed loudly and put her blanket over her head.

 

..beep..beep..
..Beep.. Beep..
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kiko quickly opened her eyes and looked at her alarm clock, 07.30AM. OMG. When did she snooze?! No, when did she fall asleep?! She jumped out of bed and threw on the first thing she saw, her white hoodie and black jeans. Only 30 minutes left! She grabbed her makeup and ran into the bathroom. After quickly brushing her teeth and washing her face she put minimal makeup on. She did not want to look like a complete hobo in front of Jiro. She put her makeup bag in her suitcase, threw her backpack over her shoulder and ran out to the bus stop. And there, Jiro was already standing waiting for her. She smiled from ear to ear and waved like a maniac. He looked irritated and rolled with his eyes.
"Because of you we missed the bus! It left 5 minutes ago." he looked at her from head to toe.
"I thought you were late because you were dolling up. I guess not." Ouch. He was too frank sometimes, but she was used to it.

When she confessed to him at the end of last year he straight forwardly told her she was not his type. They have known each other every since she moved to their neighborhood 5 years ago. Their families were close and almost everyone knew she fancied him. Except her mom, who refuced to accept the truth. She fell for him almost instantly. He never looked at her in that kind of way.
"Don't worry, I will bloom one day and get really pretty!" she said after she confessed.
"You better." was all he said and smirked.

"Sorry, Jiro.." she said. Making him irritated did not feel good at all...