The Campsite

The Diary of Kim Myungsoo’s ‘Soulmate?’

2nd June 2013

It was really noisy at the outside as my sister was literally screaming in excitement as she was excited for having me around on her camp. I was really distracted right now because of my sister’s stupid decision. Why did I have to spend my days at the stupid camp that she had organized with her husband? Well, I’m just a 16 years old teenager. Why did I have to find a ‘soulmate’ when I am so young? I don’t understand her sometime, can somebody just slap her now so that she can regain her sense now.

Today is the day where I have to go to that stupid dating camp. Oh dear! I swear this is the worst start of my summer holiday. Please pray for me that everything will turn out not as bad as I imagined. I hope my partner is not a person that will makes me feel disturbed. But what if that person turns out to be a freak? Or an unhygienic person who will rub his hand over my dress after picking his nose? Ewwww, I mentally freaked out now.. I should stop imagining things, it will get any worst when the more that I think about it.

Right now, I have to go to the camping site. We will meet again at this afternoon, my lovely diary.

XOXO <3

 

***

The camping site was AWESOME! I can’t even believe that my sister (sometimes my enemy) had a great sense on picking a great spot for her stupid camp. (I’m sorry, I still think the idea of the dating camp is stupid. That’s why I won’t stop calling it stupid camp) Or should I change it as the Noobs Camp? Idiotic Camp? Nahhh, I still prefer calling it as stupid camp. Short, easy to write and read.

My sister had picked the resort at the Jeju Island as the campsite. Everyone knows that this resort was as the same level as the five stars hotel at Seoul, right? No wonder the fee for this camp was darn expensive. It was just well organized. Well, I had to praise my sister for this time. She was great at planning.

My room was located just right in front of the beach. My room was big and spacious. And not to mention, it was comfortable as heck. The cool chilly air-cond was really great, especially after you had exposed too long in the sun. I spin around the room and finally landed on the smooth surface of the bed. It felt nice being here, it was even nicer from my room as I can turn on the air conditioner for all day long without being nagged by my mother. Lying on the bed and using the free wi-fi for all day long. There could never be a thing which is even nicer than this.

To be honest, my anger to my sister had cooled down a little bit. Just a tiny bit as she had picked a nice room for me.

 

I took out the sunscreen from my pink canvas Guess luggage. Anyone who saw me right now would probably think that I am a spoilt princess as there are a lot of cosmetic products in here. I’m not the one who packed all of my things. My mother did. I was really mad about going to the camp, remember? So I had rebelled and did not lay even a single finger to pack my luggage. And right now, I regret it. Who the heck bring a bag full of makeup when going to the beach? And looking at the clothes that she had pack for me was more embarrassing. She had put a lot of nice but unnecessary dresses. Most of the clothes are the formal dress that I wore during formal dinner or any occasion. There is even the dress that I bought for the upcoming prom night. If I had to count, there would be like five clothes that I can wear here and the rest is not even useful to me.

After a long mental breakdown, I decided to wear a yellow sundress with a white simple sandal. I even added up a beach hat to perfect my beach look. Finally, I found something that is ‘wear-able’ (I don’t know whether the word exist or not. But, who cares?) for today’s occasion. As a woman I need to give a good first impression to my future partner.

I have to go to the community hall at 2 o’ clock, so I had nothing to do right now as it is still 1 p.m. I decided to waste my precious one hour by walking around the beach.

My ideal type had always been someone with a great body. I was really thankful that this camp was held at the beach. Now, I can see a bunch of topless cute guys with muscular build. Such a breath-taking scenery.

Suddenly, I saw a guy who was splashing the sea water at his friends. So charming! He had a straight line of shiny white teeth which makes his smile looks dazzling. His skin was clear and fair just like my mother’s white porcelain that she really treasures. His nose is straight and he had a pretty nice body too. He was totally my style. Oh My God, is this a ‘love at the first sight’?

But my happiness doesn’t last when suddenly there is a man suddenly stood in front of me. He was blocking most of my vision, I could barely see the love of my life.

“Excuse me, mister” I said politely to the guy who was standing in front of me. He looks like somebody at my age but I called him mister for a purpose. That’s what you get when you distract me.

“Me?” He looked at me in confuse. He even keep looking around to see if I talked to somebody else.

“Yes it is you. Can you please move a little bit at the side, please” I answered politely though I felt like screaming my head off.

But he didn’t even move an inch from the spot he was standing now. Instead of moving, he kept staring at me as if he wanted to kill me for calling him mister. It was really frustrating, so I am the one who moved instead.

Sadly, that one attractive guy had gone when I tried to look for him. I turn my head to all of the direction to find him but I don’t see him at all.

Do you know how I felt right then? MISERABLE!! How in the world that the guy had vanished from there for a blink of an eye?

This is all that anchovy boy’s fault. Who does he think he was? He is not even that great looking. (Though I saw some girls was staring at him) But he is such an annoying guy. I hope that I never meet him again. I know that anyone who reads this would think that I’m overreacting now. But I never fall for a guy for only at one glance, but when I did, that anchovy boy separated me from him.

You might wonder why I called him anchovy, right? Because he doesn’t even have a great body. I think that’s why he wore such a loose tee, maybe to cover his unmuscular body. And I hate anchovy because I think it tastes bad but everybody loves it. Just like that guy! I hate him but I could sense there are a lot of girls like him. He is really killing my good mood.

 

Not in a good mood to say XOXO