Chapter 1

Self-Defense

Cho Kyuhyun was in no way weak. That was of course a blatant lie and the only person he was stronger than physically was his best friend Ryeowook, but that would be an unfair comparison because Ryeowook was considerably smaller than him in stature. What really stung was that Heechul hyung, super skinny, y; flower-boy Heechul hyung was stronger than him. (And let’s not forget the countless other men and women that were also stronger than him.)

So it came as no surprise when he got mugged and beat up, Heechul had to use desperate measures. Gathering his reinforcements AKA Ryeowook, Heechul stormed into his younger brother’s room, prepared to use force. Kyuhyun was (surprise, surprise) playing StarCraft on his laptop.

“Yah put down that laptop pay attention to me when I dramatically enter your room. You’re going to join self-defense run by my friend starting tomorrow, okay? I don’t want to hear you whine and you have a week off of work. You might as well learn how to take care of yourself.”

"Hyung, I'm not joining self-defense classes," sighed Kyuhyun, rolling his eyes.

Heechul's eyes narrowed dangerously and Kyuhyun felt a sliver of fear. An angry Heechul hyung was not a good sign and even Hankyung hyung wasn't here to help him.

"Listen here nerd, you just got mugged and beat up within an inch of your life and Hankyung and I won't always be there to protect your sorry . SO JOIN THE DAMN CLASSES OR SO HELP ME SHISUS I WILL BREAK EVERY GAMING EQUIPMENT YOU OWN."

Kyuhyun gulped realizing that a concerned Heechul hyung was worse than an angry one.

"ANSWER ME."

"....yes hyung, I'll go."

“Good,” said Heechul, satisfied. “I guess I didn’t need you here after all Wookie.”

Ryeowook smiled. “It’s okay, hyung. I have blackmail material now.”

“Come out for dinner, you’re hurt not invalid. Wookie join us, Hankyung is making pasta tonight.”

Ignoring Kyuhyun’s indignant ‘yah’, both of them left the room hand in hand.

Grumbling about insensitive cousins and useless best friends, Kyuhyun dragged his tired, bruised body out of bed and into the kitchen. At least he had Hankyung’s cooking to look forward to.

“Hyung that smells divine,” piped up Ryeowook’s voice. “Will you how teach me how to make it next time?”

Hankyung smiled and nodded. Spotting Kyuhyun, he walked over to check if he was okay and needed any help.

“I’m fine hyung, but it’s nice to see that you care,” he said pointedly, looking at Heechul.

Heechul just rolled his eyes and scoffed.

“That China man is too nice for his own good. If he didn’t know martial arts, he’d probably be in your place right now.”

Dinner was uneventful, albeit delicious (perks of having a hyung was the head chef at a fancy restaurant). Soon after that Ryeowook left promising to drop by more often and cheerfully threatened Kyuhyun with dire circumstances if he didn’t attend the classes. They settled on the couch to watch a movie when Hankyung brought up the topic again.

“Self-defense classes?”

“I told you remember,” said Heechul impatiently. “The one Kangin runs? They’ll teach him well and I won’t have to worry every time he steps out the house.”

“You don’t worry about him, I do,” pointed out Hankyung. “Besides, I could always teach him self-defense.”

Heechul began cackling and fell off the couch only to stop and start again after seeing Hankyung’s offended face. Even Kyuhyun snorted at that.

“I’m sorry hyung, but you wouldn’t hurt a fly willingly. If you had beaten up Heechul hyung’s stalker, then I would have considered it.”

“You’re missing a golden opportunity,” said Hankyung, still offended and a bit angry at the mention of Heechul’s stalker. “Anyway, you should go to bed. It’s getting late.”

“Yeah nerd,” piped up Heechul from the floor. “I’m going to take you there at 9 a.m. so you better be up and ready by then.”

Kyuhyun groaned there goes his well-deserved rest. He glared at his hyungs as he walked towards his room. They probably got rid of him to make out. Stupid hyungs.

The next day, Kyuhyun woke up to Heechul’s screeching.

“CHO KYUHYUN IF YOU DON’T WAKE UP THIS INSTANCE I’M GOING TO SET YOUR ON FIRE.”

“Five more minutes hyung,” he groaned.

He heard the distinct click of a lighter and jumped out of bed. He glared at a smirking Heechul.

“I thought you quit smoking,” Kyuhyun said accusingly.

“I did,” shrugged Heechul. “But I still have the lighter. Now go take a shower, Hannie is making breakfast.”

Cranky about being awoken early, Kyuhyun completes his morning routine in record time and makes his way to the kitchen.

Hankyung sets a bowl of something in front of him and he picks up his chopsticks methodically.

“Yah zombie, hurry up. Kangin hates late-comers.”

“Who is this Kangin you keep mentioning?”

“Remember my drinking buddy in college? That Kangin.”

Kyuhyun choked on his breakfast. He remembered that Kangin. He was famous in the family for beating up a drunk man because said man d Heechul hyung. The man was sent to the hospital for broken ribs and internal bleeding, while Kangin got off with bruised knuckles and a warning from the police.

Heechul watched Kyuhyun’s turning more horrified by the second as he remembered. Chuckling, he drank his coffee. Today was going to be interesting.


Please read and review!