1

We're Stuck Inside This Scene

"Ugh, Taeyeon-ah. Why do we have to practice graduation for one week. We'll just sit, stand and walk in the stage. Do we really need one week for that?" Jessica told the girl seated on her right.

Taeyeon agreed and said, "If our batchmates could just effin follow the instructions, we could shorten the length of practice."

All of the senior students are seated in the auditorium for their graduation practice. Some are eating, almost everyone are doing the things that are not allowed inside while waiting for the teachers to start. It's their third day and it really annoyed Jessica because her batchmates are not acting like they should. Plus, Jessica lacked sleep because she needed to finish the task given to her by her teacher last night.

"Our batch's maturity level baffles me, students are making a big fuss on simple things." Jessica said, crossing her arms and the teacher on the stage called a student for the opening prayer.

"To start our practice, let's have Tiffany Hwang for the opening prayer."

The girl mentioned trembled when she heard her name. She caught the teacher's attention because of her loud voice while chit-chatting with her friends about some idol group's latest comeback.

Tiffany walked up to the stage with trembling hands, she held the mic and started praying. 

While walking down from the stage after finishing the prayer, the teacher looked at her and said, "You learned your lesson Miss Hwang?"

She immediately went back to her seat and saw her friends suppressing their laugh.

"Do you know that girl?" Jessica curiously asked Taeyeon.

"Yes, she just transferred this year. Why?"

"Nothing, first time I saw her."

It's the first time Jessica saw that girl transferee, she doesn't really give a damn on the people on her school because she thinks they are all stupid except for her friends.


But something about that girl caught Jessica's attention.


*

When Jessica got home, she rushed to her room, taking her shoes and socks off and laid down on the bed. She didn't even bother getting out off her uniform just to catch on some sleep. 

But when Jessica's about to close her eyes, the girl Tiffany Hwang, came into her thoughts. And the thought of sleeping was immediately gone from her.

She sat on the chair leaning on the study table and opened her laptop. She logged in to her facebook account, checked her notifs, nothing but a bunch full of game requests.

She typed the word Tiffany Hwang on the search box. The profile of the girl that caught her attention popped up. 62 mutual friends, Has a self taken profile picture and TVXQ for her cover photo.

Something about Tiffany's smile on her profile picture made jessica look on the screen further.

"This girl's eye-smile is cute. Smiling like there's no tomorrow." Jessica muttered to herself.

Her sister suddenly knocked on the door. "Unnie! Dinner is ready." 

"Okay, okay. I'll go down." 

Jessica clicked "add-as-friend" and took one last glance on the girl's profile.

-

"Unnie, let's watch some movies later please?" Krystal told her sister, lips pouting.

"Uhmm, Sure... Only if you'll wash the dishes for me." Jessica said, laughing.

"Aish, never mind. You wash your own." the younger girl mocked at her.

Their mother told them that she'll be the one to wash the dishes so the sisters can have some quality time. Besides Jessica's practice the day after is scheduled on the afternoon.

"OKAY!" The little girl hurriedly set up the dvd player and got some chips from the countertop.

-

Halfway of the third movie, Krystal fell asleep. Jessica turned off the DVD player and the TV. She gave Krystal a piggy back ride to her room and laid her down to the bed.

She turned off the light in the room and went to her own.

It's already 12 AM and Jessica's not yet in the mood to sleep. Laying down on her bed, earphones plugged into her ears, she clicked the facebook icon on her tablet.

She clicked on the globe icon.

*One notification from Tiffany Hwang.*

*Tiffany Hwang accepted your friend request. Click to view her timeline.*

Jessica smiled like an idiot, not really sure why.

She stayed up until 3 AM, and finally slumbered into sleep.

-
Jessica's thursday started good while walking to school. She greets everyone with a smile.

A few meters away from school, she glanced at her watch. 

*11:53 am* The call time on today's practice is at 11:45 am.

"OMG, I'M ALREADY LATE."

She ran to the school, but the gates are already closed. She saw Tiffany appeared minutes after she came, breathing rapidly because of running.

"Fudge. I'm late, for sure the teacher will notice me again. Argh." Tiffany mumbled, still breathing heavily.

She saw Jessica. 

Oh. This is the girl who added me last night if I'm not mistaken.

The guard told the two students that tardy students will have their own opening prayer at the start of the practice.

"OH MY GOD." The two said in unison.

"Not again. What are we gonna do?!"

Jessica thought of something fast.

"Hey, Tiffany. My head hurts, I need to go home for my medicine. Can you come with me?" Jessica began acting, and the other girl caught up on her act.

"Ahjussi, my friend needs to go home. She's not feeling well and she has some specific medicine to take." 

"Ohh, ok ok. Go now and take care of her. Please be well."

"Thankyou, Ahjussi." The two girls bowed to the guard.

The two girls walked away from the school and continued acting 'til the guard is nowhere on sight.

Both are laughing on the act they pulled off earlier.


"That was a good acting you did there." Tiffany told Jessica, still laughing.

Jessica reenacted the scene, and they laugh their asses more.

"You're the one who added me yesterday right? So me leading the prayer made me famous huh? Just kidding."

Jessica blushed at the reason why she's late.

"Uhmm. I guess. We haven't formally introduced. I'm Jessica Jung." Jessica offered her hand.

"Tiffany Hwang, nice to meet you." She took her hand and they smiled at each other.

"So wanna come to my house?"

Tiffany nodded. "Let's go."

They walked to Jessica's house and continued laughing and telling each other funny stories similar to what they did until they reached the blonde's house.

And with that, Jessica realized that she being with some students in the school isn't really bad.
 

FIN

I tried, just for fun bye.

P.S the title is from the lyrics of Heartache on the Big Screen by 5SOS. Hehe.