No Kissing in the Hallway

Rainbows, sparkles and glitters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**thank you guys so much for the responses. I appriciate it soo much thank thank you :) also i am begging u don't stop reading the chap before you reach the conclusion. I swear you won't be disappointed. All the comments and upvotes are so much appriciated <3 you all.

 

He is losing Luhan. Losing him for good.

 

Tired as Sehun is, he can’t sleep.  He lays turning, twisting, holding his eyes closed and trying not to think about Luhan.  But how can he not when Luhan is lying right by his side? Sehun grimaces as Luhan shuffles and wiggles around in his sleep, the younger’s arm pressed against his, the only point of contact between them.

 

He wonders if this will be the last time. How stupid of him? Of course, it will be. That is why Luhan kind of demanded to let him spend the night here.

 

“Come on, let me sleep over. Please. I will even call you Hyung.”

 

How can Sehun say no to his baby? Especially, since very soon his baby is going to leave him forever. Leave him to love, to marry Kim Jongin.

 

Sehun suddenly has the urge to go look for Kim Jongin and murder him and feed him to dogs.

 

He knows it’s his fault though.

 

He knows he should have tried. It took a whole lot for Luhan to forgive him and let him be the best friend again. Sehun didn’t want to ruin that. So like a stupid, he just watched when that stupid Jongin kid courted his Luhan, his baby in front of his eyes.

 

Six years has passed since then. And now they are here and Luhan is getting married tomorrow and Sehun will possibly have to spend rest of his life regretting it.

 

He is knocked out of his daze as he suddenly feels Luhan snuggling closer to him. He just sighs. This Luhan never listens.  Why can this dumb baby understand doing things like these make Sehun wants to him hard all day and night? That’s why he doesn’t even let Luhan sleep over in his place.

 

He looks down at Luhan, who is snoring lightly and drooling on his neck. 

 

.

 

He doesn’t care anymore.  His arms find their way around Luhan’s waist, hauling him into an embrace, sticking one knee between his legs and holding him firm and close. Close enough that his mind is no longer scared of losing Luhan. Luhan is his .

 

Even if its for only this one night.

 

He falls asleep fast and doesn’t dream of Luhan’s wedding.

 

-

 

Sehun is woken at the crack of the dawn by loud banging on the door. He groans and closes his eyes in pain and weariness.  Luhan is still deep asleep.  Sehun untangles himself from the younger, careful not to wake him up and makes his way to the main door. 

 

Aunt Yixing has this sly smile in her face- Sehun has no idea why. Or may be does. Anyway, she pushes him away from the entrance to make her way inside.

 

“Where is my baby?”

 

Sehun scoffs. Luhan is twenty-four. He doesn’t understand why Uncle Kris and Aunt Yixing still baby Luhan so much.  They didn’t even let Luhan move from that freaky old apartment.

 

Okay, he babies Luhan too! But it’s not as extreme.

 

“Where are you hiding my bride-to-be son?”

 

Aunt Yixing’s words bring him out of the daze.

 

Sehun rolls his eyes and mumbles, “If he hears you called him bride, I don’t think he will ever visit you after his wedding.  And also your spoiled son is still sleeping,”

 

“Oh Please, Sehun! Like we are the only ones to spoil him!” She lets out a scandalized laugh.

 

Sehun sighs. Can he ever win against her?

 

He just listens as Luhan’s mother instructs him about meeting caterer and the florist and needing to collect the cake. She doesn’t forget to threaten him saying how Luhan will kill him if he messes up anything.

 

Just great. Sehun takes off for the bathroom and get himself ready. There is no way he can upset Luhan anyway today.

 

-

 

Sehun is pretty much screaming at everyone in the bakery.  The cake isn’t ready! And Luhan is going to kill him if he can’t make it to the church before Luhan takes his vow.

 

“I think you need to breathe and calm down.” A voice behind him says. Turning around Sehun sees his mother standing.

 

“Mom? What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at the wedding already?” Sehun panics.

 

“Calm down, son! There are still two more hours! I was just on my way to the hairdresser and I saw you from outside.”

 

Sehun breathes a sigh of relief.  He wants the wedding to be perfect so Luhan is happy. And as long as his baby is happy, Sehun is happy.

 

“Good. Now get going. I will be there soon. I just have get the cake…..”

 

“Sehun?”

 

“Mom, please! Can you not bother right now?” Sehun can’t hide the irritations in his tone. He tries to ignore how displeased she looks. He is sure his mother is now ready to give him a lecture. About how stupid he is being by taking everything smiley smiley. About how dumb he is because of not confessing to Luhan that he is crazily in love with the younger. About how much it to be involved in the wedding when he is not the one getting to marry the beautiful boy.

 

. Sehun KNOWS.

 

He knows…

 

_

 

Sehun is very contended with how everything worked out. He is there in time. He won’t even miss the vows. He is even able to pick up the presents for the bridesmaids (he has no idea why is there any bridesmaids even when there is no bride. Luhan is a groom for god sake).

 

Sehun barely gets any time to go see Luhan in the dressing room as he runs here and there giving the waiters instructions. Or may be he does.

 

Even though the Jongin kid’s family is there already, he isn’t. Sehun wonders what surprises he is preparing to give Luhan on their wedding.

 

That Jongin kid is so good with surprises and stuffs, Sehun feels lame sometimes.

 

He smiles each time he hands the guests fruit punch. There are lots of people who came to wedding. Sehun knows Luhan is loved. There is no way anyone who knows Luhan will miss it for anything.

 

At times it makes him very proud that his precious baby is so loved.

 

_

 

Sehun thinks it’s a horrible joke as his eyes scan through the letter. Aunt Yixing pulled him in a corner earlier and handed him the letter, teary eyed.

 

Dear Luhan,

I am sorry. I am so sorry. I love you so much. More than my life. But I can’t do this. I am not ready. Please forgive me. 

love,

 Jongin.

 

“He must be pranking,” Sehun doesn’t know why his voice cracked.

 

“No! he is not. He left, Sehun. He left. He gave the letter to one of the waiter and told him to give it to me,” She sobs. “What do I do?”

 

“Does Luhan know yet?”

 

“No. Wufan is about to walk him out. Oh God. My baby is going to die.”

 

“Please Aunty, calm down!” Sehun panics. “Nothing is going to happen to Luhan. We will explain to him.”

 

“What are we going to explain? That Jongin ran away? That the wedding is off and his life is ruined?” Sehun thinks Aunt Yixing looks like she is going to pass out. He holds her tight so she doesn’t fall.

 

“Everything is going to be alright. Luhan’s life is not ruined,” Sehun mumbles, tears prickling his eyes. No matter how much Sehun hated the idea of Luhan being wedded to Kim Jongin, he didn’t want Luhan to get h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter