end

Coping

What was left for them?

Jonghyun had no idea.

He wasn’t sure how they could get back up on their feet and continue their lives after a devastating loss. He knew too well the pain it had caused her but he couldn’t bear to actually know how she felt at the moment.

With heavy steps and deep sighs, he turned to one way he knew would make Eunsook feel a little better.

Grabbing his guitar from their spare room, he then entered their bedroom and pulled Eunsook to sit down on the bed next to him. With a calming voice, he started to sing along with the strumming of his guitar. His voice filled the room with a heart wrenching ballad that Made Eunsook cry fresh tears. She slowly leaned her head on his shoulder and breathed in her husband’s scent.

“I love you Jonghyun. I’m sorry.” She uttered and Jonghyun’s lips curve into a smile as he placed the guitar down to the side of the bed and embraced his wife after a peck on the cheek.

“I love you too Eunsookie.” He uttered and they both fell on the bed in a tight embrace. ‘We’ll be given a chance at the right time.” He uttered and Eunsook nodded before closing her eyes to sleep.

Four months after the miscarriage, Eunsook found herself pregnant again. This time after confirmation, she had taken extra caution such that she even resigned from her work. But the company had seen her as an asset such that they had given her a consultancy job instead, and she just can work at home and g to the office when needed.

The second shot at pregnancy was a tremendous roller coaster for Jonghyun and Eunsook. Jonghyun was over protective of her but being careful doesn’t hurt anyway.

“You have twins. Congratulations!” The doctor announced as she pointed out the two separate little lumps on the screen. Jonghyun held her hand tight as they both smiled at how this blessing was given to them.

“You want to hear their heartbeat?” the doctor asked and they both nodded. She raised the volume and they heard two beating hearts, faint but with a good rhythm. They were crying tears of joy as they watched and listened to their future children.

The pregnancy was bumpy and there were multiple threats of miscarriage. But Eunsook had faith and Jonghyun supported her all the way. She witnessed in those 9 months how Jonghyun was very eager to build a family, and how much he loves her to even forego company trips to be by her side during rough times.

Eunsook grew to love her husband more and Jonghyun found himself falling for her all over again. They were the happiest pair and despite the rough waves that rocked their boat, they firmly held hands and sailed the stormy seas together.

Delivery wasn’t the prettiest of sight for Jonghyun and he was holding on to his wife’s hand as she tried to push the babies out of her and into the world. Jonghyun saw the girl he loves tried her hardest despite the pains of labor. She gritted her teeth and breathed hard as she gave one big push and delivered the elder twin, a baby boy. After a few minutes, She had given birth to the younger twin, a baby girl.

Jonghyun admired her even more and thought how brave she was to give birth; he would never be able to live like her, 9 months of suffering and 5 hours of gruesome labor pains. But Eunsook gave him a kiss on the lips and thanked him, because without her husband’s love and support, she wouldn’t be able to have their twins.

“What shall we name them Sookie?” Jonghyun asked as he carried the baby girl in his arms as he rocked her gently.

“I’m thinking of Jinki and Junghee.” She said and Jonghyun smiled at her and gave her a peck on the cheek.

“I love it honey.” He replied and they exchanged loving glances as they looked at the bundles of joy in their arms.

---

a/n: A happier ending because it’s just too sad T.T