It’s always good to return a favour:

3 Times Daehyun was nice to Yongguk + 1 Time where Yongguk Returned a Favour

A series of gritty coughs echoed throughout the dorm causing Yongguk to visibly wince.

It has been a week since the L.O.E tour and with them being back in Korea meant that pretty soon they would begin promoting a new album. Unfortunately during their time in Europe the young Busan singer caught a terrible cold that only got worst over time and the moment they were back in the country the younger was declared too sick to participate in any schedules they had planned.

The doctor stated that it wasn’t too much of a serious thing and that with some medication and enough rest he would regain his vitality. However with the harsh coughs, relentless sneezing and high fever, the leader was beginning to doubt the practitioner’s words. Two days had passed and Daehyun was still stuck in bed, skin burning and refusing to eat which was out of character for him but understandable considering his current state.

“Yonggukkie, we’re going to the studio now. Do you think you’d be okay by yourself here?” the elder turned to see Himchan’s head poking from behind the kitchen wall.

“Yeah I’ll be fine, be more concerned for Dae he’s the one with the cold.”

The latter smiled warmly; walking towards the fridge and grabbing a water bottle before heading back out.

“I know. Don’t worry he’ll get back in time, just make sure you don’t go getting yourself sick too okay?”

Yongguk gave a small assuring smile in return and watch the visual join the other members who bid him goodbye before piling out of the now silent dorm.

A moment passed with him just basking in the silence and staring at his unattended iPad until another harsh fit of coughs broke the serenity.

Switching the device off the leader rose from his seat and made his way towards the kitchen.  If there was any time to do the boy a favour, it was now.

***********

As he entered the room Yongguk was surrounded by a toasty kind of heat. Looking around he managed to pinpoint the source to be the small heater in the corner of the room which he was sure was Himchan’s doing; to keep the younger warm of course. Continuing to scan the room a sad smile graced his features when he saw a head full of pink hair poking out from under a messy blanket and quietly made his way over to the huddled figure.

“Daedae?” he whispered quietly shifting the bedding so that he could see the latter’s face. His forehead creased in concern when he saw how pale the younger was, lips parted taking in shallow breath and frame shaking with small shivers.

Placing the tray of flu fighting food on the bedside table, Yongguk eased his way next to the vocalist and palmed his forehead, his eyes widening at the warmth of the younger lad.

“Dae, Dae. Com’on wake up…” the elder shook his dongseng’s shoulders slightly in hopes that he’ll wake up and to his relief he did.

“Hyung?” Yongguk grimaced at the coarseness of the voice but pushed the matter aside in favour of getting the latter to sit up.

“You’re burning up,” he stated once he got the younger vertical, “Did you take anything for it?”

He watched him shake his head and rubbed the sleepiness out of his puffy eyes, “Himchannie hyung wanted to give me this thing this morning but it tastes horrible.”

As he spoke Yongguk looked to the table where he saw the bottle of some unidentifiable liquid he figured Daehyun was referring to.

“Dae, you know you can’t be skipping on your meds. No wonder why you’re still ill, you haven’t been taking them have you?”

The younger dropped his eyes to the bed in embarrassment.

“I don’t like them okay,” he whispered causing the rapper to shake his head.

“Well that’s why I’m here,” Yongguk said softly as he retrieved a bowl of soup from the tray, “When I was a kid my grandmother would make this for me whenever I got sick and by the end of the day I felt a lot better.”

Swollen eyes stared at the bowl unsurely before looking up at him with a pout.

“But I don’t feel hungry hyung.”

“I know, a cold does that to you but you have to eat,” Yongguk chuckled before taking it upon himself to hand feed his dongseng, smiling when the latter willing began to eat after the fourth spoon.

It took some time and persuasion but the leader managed to get Daehyun to take the medicine Himchan left. He soon then helped the sickly lad take a shower because his limbs were weak and needed support; and now was watching the younger being pulled into a drug induced sleep. 

“Feeling better?” Yongguk asked once Daehyun was under the covers who responded with a small nod, “Good. Told you it would work; now all you have to do is get some sleep and continue to take this stuff until it goes away.”

The younger nodded again and watch the elder with curious eyes as he gathered the emptied bowl and the rest of the utensils.

“Thanks hyung.”

It was barely a whisper but Yongguk heard it anyway. With his back still turned he asked the latter what for.

“For staying back,” Daehyun replied, “And trying to help me get back on my feet…I know you’re really busy but-”

His words were cut short in seconds because at that moment the older of the two slide beside him and leaned on his resting frame.

“No need to thank me Dae,” Yongguk started off, “For one I’m the leader of this group and it’s my responsibility to make sure you’re okay no matter what.”

Daehyun agreed silently and was about to say something when Yongguk continued.

“Plus I have to repay you for being so nice to me, especially for staying with me when I couldn’t sleep.”

A shadow of a blush coloured the singer’s face as his eyes widened in disbelief.

“You knew about that?”

Yongguk hummed his reply, “And I also know that you were the one that got me that album and that you were my secret ramen chef a few weeks back,” he turned and smiled upon seeing the boy hiding under his sheets, probably due to embarrassment.

“I didn’t think you’d notice,” Daehyun’s muffled voice said to which Yongguk chuckled.

“One catches on eventually, plus you make a really comfortable pillow…too bad you didn’t say for the rest of the night” he commented pulling the blanket away from the pink haired boy.

“I thought you’d have been angry,” the blush on Daehyun’s face made him look so precious and Yongguk so happy that without hesitation he placed a light peck on the warm cheeks resulting in the younger staring at him wide eyed.

“Why would I be angry when I deliberately pulled you in bed?” he whispered gently taking in Daehyun’s dumbfounded expression before wrapping his arms around the small shoulders.

“S-so you did that on purpose?” the younger stuttered still wide eyed.

“Mmm, and this too,” and with that Yongguk pulled his dongseng into a chaste kiss and practically smiled at the surprise noise and contented sigh that followed after.

“Now get some sleep before the others comeback,” the elder stated, finally releasing the chapped but still soft lips, “Kang hyung and Himchan would definitely throw a fit if they find me in here with you in this state.”

The End

^^^^^^^^

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it ^u^