4

before all the glam

Minho rushed to the practice room and was greeted by the biggest grin he has ever seen. The grin though wasn't out of happiness. It was more forced than the usual smile Lee Taemin wore on a bright sunny day.

"You're super late hyung." His teeth gritted.

Minho however wasn't frightened by the boy who was acting like a grown up. He laughed a little before stepping closer to Taemin. A hand leaned in to pat the smaller boy's head. Taemin is pretty tall for his age, although Minho was still the tallest of the rookies in S.M. Taemin shrugged at the touch and turned away deep in thought. Minho sighed and rushed to turn on the radio.

Taemin has been acting like this to him for the past few days. It wasn't weird though. Minho would always be affectionate and Taemin would avoid his hyung's kindness.

The music played and Taemin wasn't doing so well. Minho stopped the music.

"Again."

He played the music. Taemin wasn't doing any better. Minho stopped the music.

"Again, Taemin."

Minho's voice was lowering every time Taemin made a mistake. After a few tries, Taemin still couldn't get the choreography right. Minho heaved one deep sigh and turned off the radio.

"That's enough Taemin." He got up to leave. "You need some rest."

"Hyung!" Minho turned around. "Can-- can. we-- we do -- it again?" He said in between breaths. Minho looked at the younger boy's face to see desperation. He nodded at him earning a satisfied yet tired smile.

"Alright."