2

before all the glam

"Congratulations, Mr. Choi Minho! You have made it to this entertainment."

Minho grinned from ear to ear after hearing the news.

 

Today started off better than expected, and he was pretty sure the rest of the day would follow. He knew that somehow he would make it into his dream company, he always has. He wouldn't give up even the slightest, and so all of his hard work paid off. After a large amount of sweat and tears, he finally made it. His intention at first was to be a model, but after looking at the idols on screen, he wanted a different route.

Making it to the company was definitely a milestone in his life. And when the woman told him he passed, he was overjoyed. He even imagined how it would be like as a trainee. However, what the woman said next surprised him.

"Although you made it, you won't be a trainee just yet."

Minho was slightly taken aback but he remained his composure. He didn't want the woman to know he was disappointed and confused by what she meant. But what did she mean? The woman started flipping through some papers on her desk again and again before glancing up at Minho with a smile. "We need a trainer you see.. A young trainer." She started and Minho seemed to understand what was going on.

He saw it in the news. The company's trainers were diminishing, because they were transferring to newer companies that has higher pay.

"So, you're telling me... That I become a trainer?" Minho stared blankly saying each syllable slowly as if this was all a dream. The woman only nodded, smiling a little bit at how fast the kid could pick up. "But I don't think I have what it takes!" Minho exasperated as he flung his hands in te air trying to express his emotions. He knew that he was a complete noob. A complete greenhorn. How can a newbie teach other newbies when he himself couldn't grasp the basics of being an idol?

"We'll be helping you don't worry. And you won't be permanently a trainer! Just until we could get more trainers for each skill. We will train you from time to time too though so at least your efforts won't be a waste." She explained almost desperately to Minho who, was getting even more confused.

"Why not the others? Why not the more capable ones?" He asked.

"The more capables ones are being trained as leaders. You can do it, don't worry." She assured Minho although the other was pretty sure she was comforting herself.

 

"Fine, I'll do it."

Minho was about to leave but a question popped in his mind.

"Excuse me... I forgot to ask..." He cleared his throat. "What would I be teaching? Is it rap? And who will I be teaching?"

The girl smiled. "Oh you'll love him! He's a bright kid who can pick up with things right away! He's just a few years younger than you." Minho waited some more. The girl however continued to do her work so Minho chuckled almost sarcastically.

"Wait, you didn't answer my question." He chuckled again, but more politely this time.

"Oh you'll be training Lee Taemin. And... You'll be teaching him dance."

 

Dance?! Oh boy.