Prologue

Really I didn't know

He can't remember what exactly happened before he woke up in someone else's bed.

 

 

 

Baekhyun was the first to break the eye contact between him and the man beside him. As he tries to get up, an uncomfortable feeling shot from his bottom, it’s when everything hit him square in the face.

 

 

 

 

Beer bottles emptied, a strong smell of alcohol lingering in the air.

 

“Baekhyun...”

 

“He doesn’t like me Mr. Park.”

 

“Kyungsoo said he will not marry me.”

 

A silence filled suddenly with lust.

 

“Mr. Park----”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Just kiss me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

A one-night affair with Park Chanyeol.

 

 

 

Byun Baekhyun suddenly wants to die.

 

 

---

 

 

 

Everything was all set.

 

 

 

A romantic candlelit dinner for two, Kyungsoo’s favorite song playing on the background, and a bouquet of his favourite flowers. He instinctively reaches for the velvet box on his coat pocket, making sure it was still there.

 

 

 

Everything was all set. Kyungsoo just need to say yes.

 

 

---

 

 

Baekhyun was fidgeting on his seat. Tonight is the night he will confess to Kim Jongin, his bestfriend. He was having an inner battle with himself if he was going to really say his feelings for him, wondering if he will accept it or not. Maybe he got the wrong signals from him...or maybe he’s feeling the same way.

 

 

 

He sips from the cup of coffee he ordered an hour ago. Putting down the cup, he grimaces as the cold-bitter taste run down on his throat. It was too cold for his liking.

 

 

 

But a certain raven haired young man was giving him a warm smile while he was taking graceful strides towards his table.

 

 

 

---

 

“So, I was thinking about this for a while now.”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo give him a look as he cut his steak, being careful not to ruin its nice presentation. “Is that what’s this dinner all about?”

 

 

 

“Well...”

 

 

 

“I have something to tell you too. But you go first!” His lips form a heart shape as he smile. “What you are going to say must be really important...with the dinner, flowers and all.”

 

 

 

“Well...” Chanyeol was nervous, he himself wanted to slap his face with the hope that hurting himself would drive the nervousness away. “We were dating since high school, Soo.  And as I think of all the years we’ve been through, I knew to myself that I want to spend the rest of my lifetime with you.” He sigh deeply, thanking all the gods that he said the words he practiced perfectly. He took out the small velvet box from his pocket and opened it in front of Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

“Please, marry me Soo. I love you very much.”

 

 

---

 

 

“I like you, Jongin.”

 

 

 

“Hyung---“

 

 

 

 

“Please let me talk first.” Baekhyun sighed. The nervousness was killing him from the inside; a word from Jongin while he’s in the middle of his confession will be his immediate death.

 

 

 

“I’ve known you since college, Jongin. I’ve been in all your dance recitals to cheer for you, in every dance competition you won First Place. I never missed any of your birthdays, even those loud parties you and Sehun organized. I was the first one that greeted you when you were accepted at SM. Yes, that was my part as your bestfriend, but I did it all because I like you. Don’t get me wrong. I didn’t befriend you and all because I like you, it just came over me one day and I woke up and realized you are more than a bestfriend or a brother to me.” He paused, gathering all the courage and air he need to survive the next awkward moments with Jongin.

 

 

 

Jongin’s face was unreadable. It made Baekhyun scared even more.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

“I’ll be debuting this November, Chanyeol.”

 

 

 

Chanyeol was happy for Kyungsoo. Even before they dated, he knew how much his boyfriend love singing. It was his passion, the very thing he can’t give up. He was sad at the same time, because he already knew the answer. And it is not what he was expecting.

 

 

 

“You know how I work so hard for this, Yeol. I love you but I can’t give this up. I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

---

 

 

“Hyung, I like you too.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun didn’t know if he would smile, cry or hug Jongin right then and there. His unexplainable happiness was cut early though.

 

 

 

Because of that, he decided that he wants to cry.

 

 

 

“I like you as my bestfriend, and I think I will never like you more than that.”