Final

Of Sweet Whispers and Weird Tensions

At this very moment, hour, minute, second—or whatever unit of time you prefer (not that I give a right now) I, Kim Jongdae, a perfectly skinny-as-heck healthy 22 year old, am beyond normal sanity a normal human being is capable of.

Admittedly, it wasn’t living with eleven f-i-n-e pieces of specimens that was driving me nuts.

Neither was it the overwhelming stress of work and practice.

 

 

 

 

No

It was much more complex than that.

MUCH more complex, I tell you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Name: Lu Han

Nickname: Bambi Sang Namja (Manly Man, *scoffs)

Age: 24 (I think we should have changed ages)

Purpose in life: To ruin Kim Jongdae’s peaceful life.

 

 

 

 

 

Unfortunately for me, he was succeeding quite nicely. His progress just leaves me irritated at the end of the day, huffing into my favorite fluffy pillow (FYI, he bought that as well)

 

 

 

Want to know how the ever mature elder keeps on bothering me?

 

 

 

 

It’s simple

 

 

 

 

He sings

 

 

 

 

 

But like I mentioned a while ago, it is much more complex than a mere simple sentence.

 

 

 

Specifically, he sings near my ears, his breath exciting my poor, delusional mind (not that I have fantasies of him or anything, no, nope, nadda)

 

 

He sings slowly, enunciating the syllables of each word with a seductive roll of his tongue.

He sings sweetly, the melody constantly rings in my ears even when it was supposed to be my turn in the recording studio already; I was still in a daze.

 

 

 

 

Every night, I could feel him slip into my bed and cuddling with me when he thinks I’m asleep, but slipping back out before I could wake up to his warm comfortable embrace. (Like I said, not that I miss or like it or anything, really, I swear!)

 

Is it just me or am I trying to convince you or myself?

 

 

Meh

 

 

 


 

As of the moment, EXO-M is already seated and set inside the van, when Luhan-hyung shoves Minseok-hyung to the second row and plants his bottom beside me, earning knowing looks, silent cheers and a glare from the eldest. Out of nowhere, he entwines his fingers into mine and hums the melody of our duet song, What is Love.

 

 (I might actually want the advice of the lyrics of the song, anytime now)

 

 

 

 

I think the tent just rose

 

 

No

 

This was not happening now.

 

“L-luhan-hyung, wha-“, I tried to say my words in a hushed tone but it seems my efforts are being futile with every second passing.

 

I just pray nobody turns their head get a glimpse of this of mine.

“Chen, you okay?”

 

Great

 

 

Lay-hyung turns around

 

“H-huh?”

 

“You sound sick, do you want me to go over there and take you temperature?”

 

Here?

No!

 

Red alert! Request for back-up! Headquarters respond!

 

“Its fine Lay, I’ll monitor him. I’ll just give him some pills when we get at the dorm if he does show some symptoms of sickness”

 

“Well, if you say so” Lay-hyung’s head turn back to his original position, facing front.

 

 

My confused orbs met Luhan's unreadable ones.

 

“Shhhh” he purrs right into the sensitive part of my ear.

“You don’t want the other to be suspicious, do you?”

“H-hyung s-stop, w-why are you-“

 

“Overdose”

 

My eyes, already filled with silent tears, opened to an extent, even D.O. would be put to shame.

“Y-you’re taking d-drugs…?”

An amused smirk crept up his kissable lips (Not that I noticed- Ugh- just stop- Dae)

His grip on my hands grew tighter, the heat increasing rapidly despite the cold blast of air conditioning coming from the front.

 “You think I’m taking drugs?”

“B-but y-you said O-overdose?”

A small chuckle escaped from his mouth, “No silly, overdose from waiting too long is what I meant”

“W-waiting?”

Waiting for you to realize that you like me”

I shoved him lightly, a soft thump coming from the window he had just hit.

“Hyung, please… I… Where is this confidence even coming from? You think I like you? Well-“

“If you don’t like me then do you hate it when I come near your ears like this?”

 

“When I kiss them like this?”

 

“When I call your name?”

Suddenly his tone changed from a teasing one to serious.

“ Jongdae-ah, do you love me?

The heat from him kept pulsing through my body, rendering me the unavailability of my most important body function to cease, my ability to think.

“H-yung, I-“

“Do you love me?”

 

 

 

 

I tried to think back to the nights when he would just cuddle with me, keeping me company, when he had heard me sniffling. He would sing Mandarin lullabies, assuring me that someone was there for me in this foreign and unfamiliar place.

I remember the time when I was just sulking in the corner of the dance room because the teacher got mad at me for not getting the routine immediately. I wasn’t my fault he was teaching too fast. But that didn’t stop the other members. I thought sadly.

I recall him just sitting beside me, and pulling my head to rest on his lap. The very next day, he called me to stay after practice to polish and go over the steps I had a hard time executing.

Every day, I couldn’t live without hearing voice, getting a small glimpse of his presence.  

I think these feelings of mine just got a lot worse when he started singing  in my left ear more.

 

I

 

I like… him…

 

 

 

 

 

Before I could open my mouth, I felt his warm hands leave my hands.

I gasped and turned to him, with my eyes apparent with confusion and nervousness.

 

Why was he letting go?

 

“Maybe… You really don’t like me as I thought….I even made you cry” a pained smile graced his lips.

 

One that I couldn’t stand seeing.

 

No

 

“I’ll…I’ll just stop, I’m sorry if I scared you” He turned to look out the window, but I immediately took his hand back.

 

His eyes expanded with the unexpected contact.

 

“Hyung, no, I…. I love you, I really do… It was just… quite scary when you suddenly confessed and became aggressive…” I tried to look at his eyes directly, but failing miserably as my cheeks began to heat up.

 

 

 

I’ve really fallen hard.

 

“I like the gentle and soothing Luhan who would hold me when I was scared, the cheerful and optimistic Luhan who loved taking me out for bubble tea and walks in the park. The Luhan who I know loves singing more than anything in this world.”

“I always secretly prayed that, that Luhan-hyung would love me back. And right now, I think I might just faint from overdose”

 

 

 

I felt a strong tug on my arm, pulling me close to his chest, his face situated on my sweaty neck.

 “I’m so happy right now. This… I’ve waited for this for such a long time. Ever since I heard you sing for the first time, I knew that you would be someone special in my life. Finally… I have you…. In my arms.. It’s like a dream come true” His voice sounded so fragile, like he would break down any second if I loosen my hold on him.

 

“I’m glad too, Luhan-hyung” I whisper into his ear sniffling a bit.

We smiled at each other , a sudden gravity drawing is together. Before we close the gap, a mild cough resounded inside the van.

 

Oh

 

Right

 

VAN

 

“Sorry” We ducked our heads in embarrassment.

 

“Be ready when we get home, Dae-ah”

“Why?”

“I’ll give you an overdose with something other than my love”

He winked seductively at me.

 

Well this is gonna be a long and painfully suffocating night.

 

“Luhan, we can hear you, and most of us just want to sleep at home peacefully. WITHOUT any distubances. If you really want to do it,, do it quietly”

 

“Aye aye Duizhang”

 

Let me rephrase that

 

A long, painfully suffocating and breathless night.

 

Yep

 

A much accurate description.

 

Name: Lu Han

Nickname: Bambi Sang Namja (Manly Man, *scoffs)

Age: 24 (I think we should have changed ages)

Purpose in life: To ruin Kim Jongdae’s peaceful life.  To make Kim Jongadae breathless and sore as in the morning

 

As they say

When life gives you Luhans, you ain’t getting him out of your life, more accurately, your lips.

 


LuChen is destroying me one cute vocal at a time

I don't even know what just happened

Mercy, readers, mercy

See that right there.

 

Ruining my life

 

credits to the owner of this gif

 

~SnowySpring