Mountain

Mountain

Life is good and easy when you are born into a rich family.  Kyuhyun was blessed with a loaded family whereby everything was presented to him on a silver plate.  Being the only child, none of his requests ever went unfulfilled.  Whatever Kyuhyun wanted, he got.

However, not everyone is born blessed and yet for them, even with the disadvantages they constantly face, life is nothing but a journey full of joyful moments.

~

Sungmin smiled as familiar pair of hand brushed with his own to get the books from his locker for him. 
Eunhyuk chuckled at his friend as he passed the latter’s books to him.  “I can never surprise you, can I?” he asked with a smile as he closed Sungmin’s locker and retrieved his own books.  Sungmin shook his head and waited patiently for Donghae to speak but was met with silence.  “Where is Donghae?” Sungmin asked.  Eunhyuk blushed as he closed his locker and started walking towards class, holding Sungmin’s hand.  “He…. Umm, he took off today.” Eunhyuk replied.  Sungmin laughed at the embarrassment he heard in his friend’s voice.  “You guys went overboard last night, huh?” Sungmin joked, smiling at the whine he got as an answer from Eunhyuk. 

Eunhyuk kept quiet and led his friend to class, his mind drifting back to the activities of the previous night whereby his lover had performed a for him and succeeded in seducing him until they had gone at it the whole night long.  Eunhyuk still remembered how good it felt when – “Omg.  Stop thinking about your activities with the fish, you ert” Sungmin interrupted his flashback, hitting his forearm in an attempt to bring him back to the reality.  Eunhyuk smiled nervously and hurriedly started talking about random things to divert Sungmin’s attention.  The duo went about classes as per usual but a sms ‘Hyukkie-Come quick… I am feeling bored, lonely and hot’ from his beloved made Eunhyuk skip classes, leaving Sungmin on his own.
 
Time crept slowly but soon, the classes for the day came to an end.  Everyone rushed out of class and the hallway was filled with students talking and hurrying off either home or to their extra curriculum activities.  Sungmin remained seated in his seat, carefully listening to his environment.  After a while, Sungmin slowly got up and walked out of class. He usually did it when the hustle and bustle in the hallway had ended to avoid commotion since he was not a fan of crowds. 
He slowly made his way to the lockers whilst scolding himself for forgetting his stick in his locker earlier in the morning.  Using the walls as a guide and walking alone, Sungmin made his way towards the lockers, as his memory went for a trip down memory lane. 

Since young, he had always been brought up like a normal child.  His parents never made him feel handicapped despite his disability.  They taught him to be strong and to live a normal life despite not being able to see the beauty of the World.  Going to a normal school, he made friends with Eunhyuk and Donghae.  He was grateful to the support and love that Eunhyuk and Donghae had showered upon him.  Ever since his parents passed away when he was in High School, they had supported him, prevented him from breaking down and made him stand up again.  They also helped him to get a flat and renovated it in a way that it was safe and every place was easily accessible for him.  Although his parents had passed on ‘prematurely’, they had left behind a considerable fortune that allowed him to continue living and pursuing his education without having to worry about the monetary issues.  

Sungmin cautiously walked alongside the walls, deep in thought, when he knocked into someone and landed on his .

~

“Are you blind?” Kyuhyun asked, anger evident in his tone, as he looked at his bag and books scattered on the floor beside him before turning to glare at his culprit.  However, his anger vanished the moment his eyes landed on the beauty in front of him. He was too busy admiring the other man that he didn’t immediately notice the man struggling to stand. 

Sungmin got up and directed his head at the direction of the voice with a sorry expression on his face as he replied, “Yes, I am blind.  Sorry for knocking into you” before he bowed and turned back, resuming his journey to his locker.
Kyuhyun remained glued on the floor like a statue, stunned.  He wondered if the other had just replied “yes” to him sarcastically or if it was genuine.  Nevertheless, when he saw the beauty walking whilst using the walls as a guide, his heart was crumpled in guilt.  Quietly, he got up and jogged behind the other.  He was stunned when he saw how there was a small smile gracing the other’s face as he sought his way to the lockers. 
 
Sungmin, oblivious of the attention he was receiving, placed his books in his locker, took his stick and walked out of school.  Kyuhyun remained tailing behind as Sungmin tapped his way out of school, the small smile still on his face.
Once the other’s silhouette was out of his sight, Kyuhyun walked to the General office, since he had the freedom to roam around freely as his parents were the directors of the University, and using the available system, he hacked into the school system.  Kyuhyun spent the whole afternoon scrolling through the numerous students and finally, as the sun set across the horizon, Kyuhyun smiled seeing the picture of the beauty he had come across earlier.  Kyuhyun read up all about the other and retrieved his timetable, a smile gracing his face at his achievement.

~

Over the next few days, quite obviously, Kyuhyun continuously kept looking out for Sungmin, courtesy of the latter’s timetable in his hand, an action which got Eunhyuk’s attention.
“Stay away from Sungmin.”
Kyuhyun looked at Eunhyuk with a raised brow and asked, “Who are you to tell me that?”
Eunhyuk scoffed at the other’s arrogance before replying, “I am his BF and his guardian.  Sungmin is someone very precious to me and I don’t want him to associate with someone like you.  You are a player and my friend is not a playing thing.  Sungmin is not going to end up on your ‘played’ list.  Stay away from him.”  Eunhyuk spat out before walking away, not letting the confused man speak. 

Keeping true to his word, Eunhyuk continuously ensured that he was always by Sungmin’s side, pushing Kyuhyun away from his friend.  At this, Sungmin realised that he was receiving extra attention from his best friend but whenever he questioned the other, Eunhyuk would always reply him with an “it’s nothing Min.”
 
Kyuhyun gritted his teeth as he saw the monkey hanging around Sungmin, his bunny. Yes, his bunny.  He had wanted to make a move, to know the bunny, for a while but because of the protective monkey, who would always glare at him whenever he went near them, he could not do so.  Kyuhyun knew that the threat Eunhyuk gave him was real because of the monkey’s connection to people like Heechul, who was also his cousin but would gladly go against him so that he could have a chance to taunt Kyuhyun, and Kangin, the scary senior. 

However, one day, he got his wish in the form of Donghae.  Walking past Donghae, Kyuhyun purposely bumped into him and dropped his books onto the latter’s toes.  Donghae screamed in pain and sat on the floor, holding onto his aching feet.  Immediately, Eunhyuk rushed to his side and assisted him to the Infirmary, asking him what happened.  As the duo went off, Kyuhyun hurriedly looked for Sungmin.  He hurriedly rushed across the corridor, trying to recall the other’s timetable.  Excitement and anxiousness was running freely within him when he remembered the class Sungmin was in at the moment and made his way there.  As he walked over, Kyuhyun felt nervous at meeting the beauty again.  He wanted to talk, to befriend the other, to just make himself a part of the other’s life.  Kyuhyun found the other in his class.  Calming his excited nerves, Kyuhyun went in and sat in front of Sungmin.  Sungmin sensed someone near him and stopped typing his notes into his iPad.  He took out his earpiece and looked up, with a smile on his face.

“Hi.” Kyuhyun said, melting at the sight of the smile.  Sungmin turned his head slightly towards the direction of the voice and nodded his head, smiling at him.  “I am here to apologise for being insensitive when we had bumped into each other.”  Kyuhyun started but Sungmin shook his head and cut in, “I was at fault, I should have paid close attention to the surroundings for footsteps and such.” 

Kyuhyun looked at the other who continued apologising.  “You are-” He started but was cut off by Sungmin who spoke at the same time as him.  “You have a very beautiful and soothing voice.” Kyuhyun stared at him, his cheeks turning pink, and he was stunned at the compliment he received.  Kyuhyun had always been complimented his whole life.  When he was young, people used to coo at him for being chubby, whilst pinching his full cheeks.  As he grew, people complimented him for being smart whilst Heechul complimented him for being snarky.  When he sang, people said that he sang like a lark.  All his life, Kyuhyun had been showered with compliments but listening to Sungmin compliment him for such a thing, made butterflies fly in his stomach.

That interaction was the start of their friendship.  They started meeting more often and told each other about themselves.  Kyuhyun learned about Sungmin’s life whilst Sungmin learned about Kyuhyun, who was younger but because of his ‘smartness’ was in the same year as him.  From that day forth, Kyuhyun would spend time with Sungmin and Eunhyuk, who did not like it, was not able to do anything whenever he always saw his best friend smiling with Kyuhyun.
Over time, Sungmin found himself falling for Kyuhyun.  He noticed the way his heart started beating hurriedly whenever Kyuhyun’s fragrance enveloped him when the other approached him.  He noticed the way he would be waiting for Kyuhyun’s presence. 

One day, Sungmin expressed out his feelings to Eunhyuk.  Eunhyuk sighed and shook his head as he heard Sungmin expressing out his feelings to him.  Eunhyuk knew that Sungmin had never been in love before, partially because of his disability and also because he was scared of letting people into his life, for the fear that they would leave when they found him to be a burden.  However, for the first time, Eunhyuk heard about Sungmin talking about how his heart would flutter every day at the excitement of meeting Kyuhyun and how his heart would swell with happiness whenever he met with the younger.  Fighting with himself, Eunhyuk decided to protect his friend by telling the truth about Kyuhyun to Sungmin.  “He is not a good person to fall for Min.  He has fallen for many, made many fall for him and only broke those hearts at the end of it all.”  Eunhyuk warned his friend before walking off. Sungmin could only sigh, his heart shrinking at the facts that he learnt.  

“I guess it’s too late, Hyuk.  I don’t think my heart would listen now.” Sungmin whispered to himself as he stopped in his steps and heard the steps of his friend walking away.

~

Soon, they met frequently and got closer to each other.  One day, Kyuhyun invited Sungmin out for dinner, for which the latter readily agreed.  Unwillingly, Eunhyuk helped dress Sungmin up and was hugged by his friend as a sign of gratitude.  Eunhyuk smiled at the other, whilst silently praying and hoping that Kyuhyun was true to his friend, before he led the other down to where Kyuhyun was waiting for him.

Sungmin smiled as his food was placed in front of him. The aroma itself was mouth-watering already.  Kyuhyun just sat there and looked at the happiness that was evident all over Sungmin’s face. It made him happy as well.  He looked at the waitress as she placed his plate before him.  “Enjoy your meal handsome” the waitress said as she winked at him and he smirked in return and replied “I definitely will, beautiful.”

The smile from Sungmin’s face disappeared as Kyuhyun and the waitress continued their interaction.  His heart ached as he recalled Eunhyuk’s warning.  With shivering hands, he placed his fork down as the duo continued talking, or rather flirting.  Sungmin frowned when he felt his chest tightening, feeling short of breath. Maybe Hyuk was right... he thought.

“I…I just remembered.  I have something on.  I-I should go.”  Sungmin uttered as he hurriedly stood and walked out of the restaurant whilst knocking against some people as his stick laid forgotten on the table.  Kyuhyun, who was surprised at his date’s outburst, remained stunned at his seat as he watched Sungmin rushing out. 

“I think you should be going after him” the waitress said, feeling guilty when she saw Sungmin stumbling over.  Snapping into his senses, Kyuhyun took the stick on the table and ran out, only to freeze once again when he saw Sungmin dashing across the road.  “Sungmin!” Kyuhyun screamed as a truck screeched its brake, but failed to stop and knocked into Sungmin. 

~

Kyuhyun stood like a statue, staring into the room from the glass window.  He stared at the body, which was lying still like a statue with the beeping of the machine giving the indication that he was still alive.  Kyuhyun turned to his cousin Heechul, hugged him tightly and started crying.  As he looked at Sungmin lying on the bed, he felt lifeless.  There was a strong urge within him to rush in and shake the other awake.  He felt guilty.  He cursed himself for making Sungmin get upset during dinner, it was out of habit that he continued talking with the waitress, whilst being insensitive to the fact that he should be paying attention to Sungmin.  No matter how many times he thought back, he failed to understand why Sungmin reacted by out bursting in that manner.  Confused, he broke away from Heechul’s hug and talked out his thoughts to the elder. 

He spoke out his feelings to Heechul.
“What do you truly feel Kyu?”
“I don’t know…  I have never truly loved anyone and I know that I do not want to play and dump him.  He is too precious for me to break his heart.”
“What would you do if you were to come to the hospital tomorrow only to find that Sungmin has run away?”
Kyuhyun felt his chest constrict at the question.  He started reflecting all his interactions with Sungmin and realised that all the moments spent with the other had caused his heart to beat in happiness.  Taking in deep breaths, he turned to focus his attention on Sungmin.  As he stood and stared at the other, who was away from him, Kyuhyun found himself missing the company of the other. 
“I would be lost.” Kyuhyun stated as he recalled that unpleasant feeling while merely watching Sungmin being hit by the truck. It was not a memory to be cherished, but one to make him feel guiltier as the days passed.  “I would go crazy looking for him.  I would desperately seek to hunt him out…. I think I would fall into depression if he were to disappear.  I am happy as long as I can see him.  I smile when I see him smiling...” he trailed off, the images of Sungmin smiling brightly flashing in his mind.

Heechul walked over and placed a hand on the younger’s shoulder, a small smile playing at his lips, “That is your answer, Kyu.  You are in love with him and judging by his actions, I believe that he is in love with you as well.”

~

Almost like a habit, Kyuhyun would always come and stay in the same position during visiting hours, standing away from the unconscious man, feeling helpless and useless. 

Days went by and after the doctor checked and certified Sungmin of being ‘healthy and fit’, Sungmin was discharged.  Being thankful that Eunhyuk was engaged with an assisgment, Kyuhyun drove Sungmin home.  Their drive home was filled with silence.  Both were lost in their own world of wanting to confess and to speak out their true feelings.
When Kyuhyun reached Sungmin’s house, he turned to the other.  Before he could utter a word, Sungmin spoke, his voice stiff, his head hanging down, “I have fallen in love with you.  I don’t know how and when it happened.  All I know is that my heart beats wildly whenever you come near me.  I feel excited whenever your fragrance envelops me.  I know that this is something that you do not want so please, please stay away from me.”  Sungmin stated and hurriedly made his way out of the car, feeling his way into his house. 

Kyuhyun sat and stared at the other.  His heart screamed at him to go and tell his feelings to Sungmin but his mind told him to give the latter his wish.  Feeling his mind in turmoil, Kyuhyun drove around before going home.  Step by step, he climbed up the stairs and stopped upon seeing the familiar figure standing outside his door.  Kyuhyun hurriedly rushed to the other and stopped in front of him. 

“I know this is stupid” Sungmin started, his cheeks turning pink as he turned in the direction of Kyuhyun.  “I just asked you to stay away from me and it has not even been a day and I realised that I cannot stay away from you.  I know” Sungmin’s speech was interrupted when Kyuhyun pulled him tightly for a hug, continuously whispering “I love you” before breaking apart and joining their lips together.  Still kissing each other, they moved into the house (after Kyuhyun had desperately tried numerous times, before finally succeeding in opening the lock) and from the spacious hall, they moved into the bedroom whilst still being attached to each other.  They expressed their love for each other through words as well as action. 

They lied down next to each other, calming down their erratic heartbeats.  Sungmin snuggled into Kyuhyun’s side, his head resting on the younger’s chest.  Kyuhyun tightened his hold on Sungmin, his head burying into the other’s hair. 
Sungmin pulled back and inched up until he was levelled with Kyuhyun.  Bringing his hand up, he ran his fingers over Kyuhyun’s face.  He did that a number of times before Kyuhyun held his hands and placing kisses on them, questioned Sungmin about his actions.  “I am imprinting your features within so that apart from your voice and your smell, I would be able to recognise you by touching your face.  I am painting a picture of your face in myself.”  Sungmin said as he continued running his fingers over Kyuhyun’s features, from his eyes to his mouth and jaw. 

They smiled as they laid on the bed in each other’s arms.

~

Eunhyuk sighed as he looked at the blush on his friend’s face.
“Can’t you get someone else?”  Eunhyuk asked, concern and care lacing his voice.
“For me, Kyu is my one and only one.  This heart beats wildly only for him and no one else.”
“You deserve much better Min.”
“He deserves someone better than me but we are both selfish and we want no one else except each other.”
Despite the numerous attempts Eunhyuk made in talking Sungmin out of his relationship with Kyuhyun, Sungmin stubbornly held his ground.  In the talk of mind against heart, the heart won and Eunhyuk finally accepted their relationship.

Kyuhyun and Sungmin were happy and satisfied.  Together, they dreamt of the future and being together forever but life always has different plans.

~

Days and days of trying to convince the other, Kyuhyun finally won and managed to get Sungmin to go with him for an eye check-up where they learnt from the doctor that Sungmin had a chance of getting his eyesight fixed.

When Sungmin went in to change back to his clothes, Kyuhyun hurriedly asked the doctor for the total cost.  Jotting down the figure, Kyuhyun led Sungmin out after fixing a surgery date.  The drive home was filled with excited talk about Sungmin being able to see, about their colourful future together and about their journey together. 

Sending Sungmin back home, Kyuhyun drove back and took out his bank books.  He started calculating his finances, adding the money he could receive from selling his games but it still fell short.  Feeling desperate, Kyuhyun went to seek help from his parents.  

“Mom and dad, please help me help my love” Kyuhyun pleaded.  Instead of understanding and encouragement, his parents got angry and started scolding him for being a black sheep, a disgrace to his family. “How could you just fall in love with a commoner?” His dad questioned him.  “We had planned so much for your future, son.  We were fine all this while with your relationships because we knew that you were never serious.”  His mom continued.  They continued nagging at him and Kyuhyun bit his tongue and listened to them. 

When they stopped, Kyuhyun looked at them and still begged for their help.
“Fine” Mr Cho said as he took out his chequebook and made the cheque for the amount Kyuhyun was asking for.  “I would give this to you but you have to agree to our conditions.”  Kyuhyun looked up at his dad with fear in his eyes.  “Either you take the money, get his eyes operated and leave him doing as per our instructions or you can go back to your beloved without receiving a single cent from us and you would be on your own forever from the time you step out.”  His father stated, holding the cheque.
 
Kyuhyun looked at his father as tears brimmed in his eyes.  He knew that his relationship would not be accepted by his parents.  He knew that being the heir of Cho Corporation would tie him down, snatching away his freedom.  Yet, as he thought about it, he knew that he wanted, no-needed to be with Sungmin.  Bowing to his parents, Kyuhyun got up and walked away. 

“Remember this Kyu.  If you get him cured, there is more chance of him surviving in the harsh world and I am sure he can do that even without you but if he remains blind, I wonder how his future would be.”  Kyuhyun froze at his mother’s words. 
He thought back to the moment when he had rushed out of the restaurant to see Sungmin being hit by the truck.  He recalled the days spent in the hospital looking helplessly at the other lying on the bed.  His fingers trembled at the memory.  Taking a deep breath, he turned back to his father and agreed to his condition before taking the cheque and stepping out of the office.

~

As the operation day dawned closer, Kyuhyun spent his day and nights in the company of his beloved.  He stayed by Sungmin’s side and continuously professed and showed his love to the other.  They would spend time in the confinement of their rooms where their actions spoke of their love.  Despite the sadness of being separated soon from the other, Kyuhyun contented himself with the smiles and love Sungmin showered upon him daily.
 
The days ticked by and soon, the day for Sungmin’s operation came.  Kyuhyun held onto Sungmin’s hand as the latter was being wheeled into the operating theatre.  “I love you Sungmin.”  Kyuhyun confessed again, gripping the other’s hand tightly, as he kissed Sungmin before the other was wheeled into the operation theatre.  He blinked furiously to stop his tears from flowing, not wanting the other to sense that something is wrong.  As the doors closed, Kyuhyun fell onto his knees, tears flowing freely from his eyes.  “I love you Sungmin.  I really love you.”  He whispered over and over again. 

Minutes ticked into hours and Kyuhyun remained like in that spot.  The doors opened and Sungmin was wheeled out.  Kyuhyun hurriedly stood and rushed to his lover’s side, who was still sedated.  Holding the other’s hand, Kyuhyun looked at the doctor, who smiled at him and informed him that the operation was a success.  Kyuhyun smiled, as his tears still continued flowing, before looking at his lover.  “I love you Sungmin.”  Kyuhyun said as he planted kisses on the bandage covering the other’s eyes and a peck on his lips, before letting the other go.  Kyuhyun watched Sungmin being wheeled away and when they disappeared from sight, Kyuhyun took a deep breath before turning and walking away.

~

“We are going to remove your bandage now.”  The doctor informed.
Sungmin sat up, his heart beating fast.  He felt and tried to smell the familiar fragrance of his lover but when he failed to do so, he asked the doctor.  “Where is Kyuhyun, doc?  I want to open my eyes in his presence.  I want him to be the first person I see.”  The doctor sighed and informed Sungmin that the other had disappeared the day before after the operation and could not be reached.  Sungmin’s heart started beating frantically at the news.  He pushed himself back, away from the doctor, and shook his head.  “No… no.  You are lying.”  Sungmin cried.  “I felt him by my bedside just last night.”  Eunhyuk, who had been silently watching, walked in and hugged his friend.  “The doctor is right Min.  Kyuhyun withdrew his name from school.  The professor informed us that he has left for another University abroad” Eunhyuk told, his voice strained.

Eunhyuk held onto his friend as the doctor opened the bandage.  Despite the bandage being removed, Sungmin sat there, his eyes still close with tears streaming out of them, as he tightly hugged his friend.  The doctor requested him to stop crying but Sungmin paid no heed to him.  “Stop crying Min.  It would be harmful for not only your eyes but also for your child.”  Sungmin froze at the doctor’s word. 
“Wha… What do you mean?” Eunhyuk asked as he looked at the doctor.

The doctor looked at the duo and picking up his clipboard, showed Eunhyuk a report which stated that Sungmin was pregnant.  “After the operation, we had done a full body check-up of Sungmin and through the lab results of his blood sample, we have found that he is currently pregnant and we did a sonography to confirm it.  Here is the picture.”  The doctor explained before placing the picture into Sungmin’s hand. 
Sungmin slowly opened his eyes and his vision was greeted with the picture of his unborn child.

~

Kyuhyun stretched as he finally stood at his seat.  He reached and opened the overhead compartment.  Taking his bag, he strolled out of the plane.  Numerous feelings jumped abound within him as he walked towards the immigration counter, finally returning back home after 8 long years.  8 long years of listening and doing as per his parent’s wishes.  8 years whereby his parents had numerous times tried to set him up with someone but he would always spoil the date before finally pleading to his parents to leave him alone, a decision they shockingly accepted.  8 long and painful years of being away from home. 

As he walked out of the airport, a part of his heart was excited at the idea of meeting his love again but his brain reasoned that the other would definitely have moved on with someone else.  He sighed as he got into a cab.
Instead of going home, Kyuhyun headed to the University, the place where he had met Sungmin.  “Train there as a Head Teacher, get to know the rules and grounds before we put you in a leadership role” His father had told him over the phone.
Kyuhyun sighed as waves of memories hit him when he reached the school.  Paying the cab driver, he walked in and saw that the school had changed from a University to a full campus which provided education from the Nursery to the University level.

~

Sungmin hurriedly packed his bags, chucking the student’s books into his bag before zipping it up and rushing out of the Staff Room.  Looking at his wristwatch, he rushed from the Secondary building towards the direction of the Primary building.
 
Sungmin cursed at the distance before breaking out into a run.  He ran along the corridors and when he turned out of the building, he bumped into someone and landed on his .

~

Kyuhyun dragged himself to the Dean’s office.  He turned into a corner only to knock into someone and fall.  As pain ran through his body, Kyuhyun angrily turned to face the other but froze when he heard a familiar voice apologising to him.  He looked up to see the other standing and saw the face that he had missed so much for the past few years. 
Sungmin hurriedly stood up before extending his hand to help Kyuhyun up.  Kyuhyun took his hand and allowed the other to pull him up as his heart thumped frantically.  Sungmin frowned as a sense of familiarity hit him.  Shaking the thought off, Sungmin apologised again and walked off but stopped when Kyuhyun whispered, “it is ok”.  Sungmin turned back and looked at Kyuhyun, who was staring at him, but again shook his head and continued walking away.
 
Kyuhyun watched the other walk away before getting back his senses and rushing behind Sungmin.  Memories of the past hit him as he walked behind the other.  He looked questioningly when they stepped into the Primary building.  Various questions were running within him as he followed behind Sungmin.  After walking for a while, Sungmin stopped outside a class.
His heart cringed and formed cracks when he saw a child rushing out and hugging Sungmin.  Grabbing at his chest, in an attempt to ease the pain, he looked at the duo for a while before he turned to walk away but stopped when the familiar voice spoke.

“Kyu baby. I am sorry I am late.”  Kyuhyun heard Sungmin speak, before the latter pecked the child on his lips and the duo walked away.  Kyuhyun remained froze in his steps as the two walked out of school. 
Kyuhyun broke out of his reverie when his phone rang.  Seeing the dean’s name, Kyuhyun cursed and rushed to the Dean’s office.  After he was briefed about his duties, Kyuhyun requested to be granted access to check the student’s records which the Dean allowed.
 
With his heart thumping wildly, Kyuhyun searched for the name ‘Kyuhyun’ and looked at the result that came up.
Request Date: 19 April 2014
Name: Lee Kyuhyun
Date of Birth: 13 July 2007
Name of Mother: Lee Sungmin
Name of Father: -Blank-
Kyuhyun blankly stared at the record, staring at the date as his mind calculated back about the day he had left Sungmin.  Moments passed before he felt emotions bursting within him as he took in the fact that he had a child with Sungmin.  Kyuhyun then searched up Sungmin and was overjoyed at the fact that the latter was teaching in the same school.
 
For the next few days, Kyuhyun continuously kept a lookout for either Sungmin or his child whenever he had a break in between.  Days passed by before he finally mustered up his courage and decided to show himself to his beloved.
After a week, the Dean introduced him to the whole faculty.  Kyuhyun went around introducing himself to all the teachers.  He stopped in front of Sungmin and held out his hand.  “Hi, I am Cho Kyuhyun,” he said as he shook the other’s hand.  Kyuhyun smiled internally when he saw confusion decorating Sungmin’s face.  Sungmin stared at him for a while before he shook his head and introduced himself with a smile.  Kyuhyun moved on, disappointed that Sungmin had not recognised him but promised to himself that he would make the latter realise the next time.

~

Sungmin felt the familiar fragrance enveloping him when the new Head stood in front of him.  Taking his out stretched hand, Sungmin felt a sense of familiarity hit him which was accompanied by the familiar touch and voice.  Sungmin frowned when he heard the other’s name.  Confusion erupted within him and his heart began to jump at the thought of Kyuhyun appearing before him.  His brain pushed down the thought and Sungmin smiled at the other and introduced himself.  As Sungmin saw the other walk on to the other teachers, he recalled the numerous times he had though that Kyuhyun had rely for it to be a fragment of his imagination.
 
Over the 8 years, Sungmin had desperately tried to recall the smell, touch and feelings that reminded him of Kyuhyun.  Numerous times, he had been hit by a sense of familiarity when he met people on the street only to be painfully reminded by Eunhyuk that it was not Kyuhyun.  Numerous times, he tried cutting out images and joining them to make a picture of Kyuhyun.  Numerous times, he tried to draw out Kyuhyun based on his touch but all his attempts went in vain and finally, Sungmin gave up.  He gave up the hope that the other would return to him.  He gave up on his lover and decided to dedicate his attention to the present his lover had blessed him with.

~

Kyuhyun hurried to the meeting room and when he turned a corner, he knocked into Sungmin and falls down again.  Sungmin looks at him with his eyes wide open.  Apologising furiously, Sungmin extended his hand to help the other.  Kyuhyun smiled as he allowed himself to be pulled up by Sungmin.  Sungmin tried to pull his hand away but Kyuhyun held on tightly to it. 

“What are you” Sungmin’s question was interrupted as Kyuhyun covered his eyes with his other hand.  With the hand that was in his grip, Kyuhyun ran it over his face, from his forehead down to his eyes, nose and finally stopping at his lips.  Kyuhyun kissed Sungmin’s fingers gently before he released his hold and removed his other hand from Sungmin’s eyes. 

Sungmin’s heart began to race frantically.  His hands trembled as he brought them up and ran them over Kyuhyun’s face numerous times.  His eyes brimmed with tears before they flowed out as he looked at Kyuhyun.  Kyuhyun laughed before wiping his tears.  He reached out and pulled the shorter into a hug.  “K..Kyuhyun,” Sungmin cried as he tightened his hold onto Kyuhyun.
“I am sorry Min.  I am so sorry” Kyuhyun continuously apologised whilst Sungmin kept calling his name.  They broke apart and stared at each other before the ringing of the bell broke them out of their reverie.  Sungmin smiled shyly as Kyuhyun dragged him to his office.  In the comfort of the room, the lovers opened their hearts and talked everything out.

 

~ Epilogue ~


“Here comes the groom.”  Kyuhyun took a deep breath, in an attempt to calm his heart before he turned and looked at his partner entering. 
 
Sungmin walked down the aisle, with Baby Kyu by his side.  When they reached the altar, Baby Kyu ran over to Heechul as Sungmin placed his hand into the waiting hand.  He smiled as Kyuhyun closed his hand around his.  Kyuhyun smiled at him and pulled him to his side before both turned and faced the priest.

 

~


Life is a road trip that crosses over deserts and mountains as well.  In this journey of life, it is the company, the people whom we are travelling with that matters the most. 
No matter how hard or tiring the trip is, travelling with a loved one allows us to receive love and strength from our partner that would allow us to overcome all hurdles in your way.