t r a n s f e r s t u d e n t

n e r d

m i n h o ‘ s  p o v

I groaned as the dull buzz of my alarm rang, piercing the peaceful silence of my dorm room... I pulled it from under my pillow, removing the charger from the bottom so I could pull it into view.

7:00am.

It took me a couple of moments and a few drowsy blinks before a shock shot through my system and began to wake me up fully.

I’m getting a roommate today…

I groaned to myself and slowly got out of bed, the cold floor making me shiver as I walked to my bathroom bare-footed. I the shower, hearing the steaming water hit the marble tiles as I squeezed some tooth paste onto my tooth brush and began to prep myself for school.

School…

I didn’t so much mind the idea of studying and learning, it was more the students that bothered me. All the boys that fawned over me and Jjong. That really annoyed me. I met Jonghyun on the first day of freshman year. Although I am maybe too intimidating or too unapproachable, Jonghyun was the only person who would speak to me without feeling… inadequate?

“Morning Jjong.”

I smiled as he approached and he waved with his other hand in his pocket. He is fairly shorter than me and has white-grey hair and although he is short, he is quite muscular and well built; which is to be expected for a jock.

We walked through the garden of 'Seoul All Boys Academy' from the school dorm with  Jonghyun. The boys uniform was rather bothersome in the summer, so the pair decided to switch in their black academy blazer for the slightly less thick layer of clothing. Jonghyun rolled up the sleeves on each side as he looked up at Minho.

"Did you make it on the rugby team this semester?" 

"Yeah, I didn't even go for trials." 

Jonghyun made an impressed face and nodded. 

"You're getting a pretty good rep around here, huh? Even the upperclassmen are going ape over you."

“Not really. I hate facing those fan boys...”

I mumbled and groaned quietly.

“I don’t know why you hate them so much, Minho. Of course every boy in the school would be crying over a jock. Especially a tall, dark and handsome one.”

Jonghyun teased me.

“Oi, you.”

I punched his arm playful and pushed some freshmans out my way as me and Jonghyun made our way to the form room. As I walked away, all I could hear was ‘isn’t he cool?’ and ‘Oh my god, he’s handsome!’. I find comments like that so annoying. All people see is the outside and even when I treat people badly, they still idolize me because of my looks and my athleticism.

“Hey, nerd. Move it.”

Nerd…

Jonghyun looked at a dark haired boy who was blocking the door and look at him, who immediately scuttled out the way and apologized. What a bunch of door mats. Letting people push them around and walk all over them, yet still idolize them. Maybe that’s what I and Jonghyun had in common. What made me approachable to Jonghyun; because we’re just bullies?

I made my way to my seat and slung my shoulder bag over the hook as the whole class beginning to settle down. What pissed me off was some really annoying boys, sat together and all looking at me and whispering at me.

I can hear you, s.

I looked at them and scowled, which only increased their fan-boying.

“Alright students. We have a new student today. His name is Lee Taemin and he’s a real cutie.”

ert teacher. ert students.

 I sighed and lifted the lid of my desk, taking out my note book and my pencil case, the teacher’s voice being drowned out by my thoughts and the sliding wooden door opening seeming distant. Tiny footsteps making their way to the front of the class. I closed the lid of my desk and looked up, taking a glimpse at this “cutie”. The teacher was right. Petite, girly figure, ashey blonde hair, a chunk at the crown of his head tied up with a pink hair band and his tiny hands clutching the schools bag. His eyes were doe-like and a deep hazel brown, long eyelashes to match. His cute little button nose holding a large pair of black, circle, black-rimmed glasses and my eyes made their way down to his lips. My god, those lips. Plump, light pink and soft looking. So incredibly kissable. …Wait. What?

“Why don’t you sit,”

 The teacher pointed to the seat next to mine.

“There.”

He cooed and almost gave the small boy a smirk. This so called Taemin dragged his feet down the aisle of seats, every boy in the glass watching his hung head trying to gain a precious moment of eye contact.

He’s a special one.

I smirked to myself and watched him walk to the seat beside me and he sat down on the chair, propping his bag on the hook gently and my classmates’ heads still turned to look at him in awe and observe him.

“Wow, what a cutie…” “I’m gonna ask for his number later~” “Adorable!”

I glanced over at him and smirked, but what I saw next was something I didn’t expect. We met eyes and he gave me the blankest, most unimpressed look I’ve ever seen. I was waiting to see the dreamy look in his eyes when he noticed how handsome I was but it never came in the brief eye contact and he just looked away, beginning to take notes as the lesson began. I sat there in awe. He didn’t fall for me straight away? What? Usually a charismatic glance would have any teenage boy falling at the ground before me, begging for my attention. What a little brat!

 

I’ll make you my toy, little nerd.

 

It’s only a matter of time.

 

Hi. Sorry, this is a pretty boring chapter but I promise it will get better. 

I'll make a poster and all that soon, I just want to focus on getting the first few chapters up. ≧◡≦

-Love from Laimu