Chapter 27

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Running Man’s episode with Moon chae-won and Lee Seung-gi have two episodes in order to promote their new upcoming movie. Right after they wrap up the second episode, they planned to go out together. But it was just a plan because there’s an unexpectable moment. Ji-hyo was about to get in a car with Jong-kook, Chae-won, and Gwang-soo, but they are surrounded by flashlights from cameras and reporters who continually asking them.

 

“Song Ji-hyo ssi, is it true that you are dating Kim Jong-kook?”

“Kim Jong-kook ssi, why you hiding it all the time that you’re dating her?”

“Ji-hyo ssi, we heard that you were in a triangle love with Choi Jin-hyuk and Kim Jong-kook, is that true?”

“So, Ji-hyo ssi, you have been in love with two guys at the same time?”

 

The four of them can’t reach their car and just keep walking while looking down. None of them can say a word toward those questions. But the last question makes a goosebumps to Chae-won. She almost defending her unnie when she heard someone said harsh thing to her unnie.

 

“What a , loving 2 guys at a moment. Once one of them gone, she can easily have the other one. but genius.” That words isn’t a question, it’s just a small talk between reporters but Jong-kook’s ear received it well and makes him furious instantly. He turn his back and once he found the owner of that harsh mouth, he immediately grab his collar while clench his fist towards that man and shouting at him which makes everyone’s there shocked.

 

“What did you say? A ?? Who the hell are you to call her a ?!” Jong-kook about to punch that guy but Gwang-soo and Ji-hyo hold him tight so he let go of that reporter.

 

“Hyung, andwae hyung, please calm down….” Said Gwang-soo while hold his arm tightly.

 

“Oppa, I’m okay, just don’t listen to them.” Added Ji-hyo while hugging the other arms of Jong-kook.

 

“So, this is true that you guys are dating.” Being shouted by Jong-kook seems nothing to that reporter to luring him in order to gain information.

 

At that time, Jong-kook release himself from Gwang-soo and Ji-hyo and glare at that reporter but still standing at his place. “Yes! I’m currently dating Song Ji-hyo! Wae? You don’t like it??” that place was so quiet after heard Jong-kook’s statement. “Are you guys satisfied? Just let us go!!” he then make a way for them to get in his car and immediately leave that place.

 

“What was that? How can they know?” Said Gwang-soo breaks the silence on their way.

 

“I don’t know oppa… they even bring Jin-hyuk oppa’s name.” Replied Chae-won while Jong-kook and Ji-hyo keep shut their mouth on yhe front seat.

 

“Hyung, do you want me to replace you to drive? You’re not in a good mood to drive.” Offered Gwang-soo.

 

“No need Gwang-soo ah, I just have to……” The ringing from Ji-hyo’s phone cut his word and she immediately take that call.

 

“Ne Ji-min ah, I know what are you gonna say…”

 

“Unnie, it’s worse than you think. They came literally to hear you or Jong-kook oppa said that you guys dating from your mouth because they already broadcasted the news since earlier this morning.”

 

“No wonder I got many missed call…”

 

“And unnie, Chang-joo ssi want…..”

 

“Want to see me as soon as possible. I know it. I’ll talk and handle him by myself Ji-min ah, I’ll go straightly to office.”

 

“Unnie, in case you haven’t know, they know too about you and Chae-won. They even make a story between you, Chae-won, Jong-kook oppa, and Jin-hyuk ssi.”

 

“Aish jinjja! They are getting too much!!” Said Ji-hyo in frustration which make Chae-won who sit behind her her back to reduce her frustration. “Ji-min ah, tell Chang-joo oppa I’ll be there on 30 minutes. See you there.” She then cut the line.

 

“Unnie, what did she said?”

 

“I don’t know how can they know but they know about us too Chae-won ah. They even make a story about me, Jong-kook oppa, you, and Jin-hyuk. In that case, Joong-ki’s name must be involved too.”

 

“W…what? How can they….”

 

“Mianhae Chae-won ah, the highlight is on me, but you got trouble too because of this.” Ji-hyo take a breath for a while and continue her words. “Oppa, Chae-won ah, Gwang-soo ah, mianhae, but you guys just go straightly to our rendez-vous point with the others, I have to go to my office now. Oppa, you can stop here, I will grab a cab.”

 

Jong-kook follow her words, he stops his car. But then, he hold both of Ji-hyo’s hand. “Ji-hyo ah, who am I to you? A normal friend? No, I’m your boyfriend who you can rely on and you are my girlfriend. We already expect this matter will come in the future when we decide to date. I don’t know you still remember it or not, but you said you need me by your side when that day come. And here it is, that day is today, and I won’t leave you until this matter clear. I don’t care if they accept the truth or not, all I care about is you. Only you, and only us, Ji-hyo ah. So please, let me stand beside you, to pretect you, and to give you a strength by holding your hand.”

 

“Me too unnie, I’m a cousin but your best friend at the same time. I won’t just stand still seeing my unnie fighting alone facing those badmouths. Moreover, they bring Jin-hyuk oppa’s name and soon maybe Joong-ki oppa too. At that time, let me speak out my mind.”

 

“Then me, I will be a good dog to you noona. Wait, I mean, not a real dog, I will follow you with a good behavior, protect you if someone have a bad intention towards you or even barking at them, like a dogs do.”

 

“Ah I have such a lovely boyfriend, a wonderful sister, and even I have a new cute dog.” Said Ji-hyo while Gwang-soo’s chin.

 

Gwang-soo put her hands off from his chin. “Eyyy noona stop it! I’m not a real dog!”

 

That scene make a three of them laughing instantly. “Gomawo Gwang-soo ah, I really mean it…” Said Ji-hyo while looking at Gwang-soo with teary eyes because she moved by the words who’s coming from people she love.

 

Jong-kook then ride his car again with a new destination, Ji-hyo’s management office while the others busy with their phones. Gwang-soo call Jae-suk for what just happened, Chae-won and Ji-hyo busy texting their manager. 30 minute passed and they already in front of the gate to get in the office. Jong-kook who wear a cap with a hoodie open the window to talk with the security guard.

 

“Sir, I’m sorry, but you can’t enter this building.”

 

“Wae??”

 

“It’s because…..”

 

“Ahjussi, good evening, it’s me Ji-hyo. Chang-joo oppa need to see me inside.” Ji-hyo appearance beside Jong-kook makes him startled.

 

“Omo Song Ji-hyo ssi. Keure, just go in…”

 

“Ah, anyway ahjussi, can you please open the gate to executive parking access? Chang-joo oppa said I should get in from there.”

 

“Yes Song Ji-hyo ssi, there’s a total chaos at the lobby. The reporters wants to see you or Baek Chang-joo ssi. I will opened the gate for you.”

 

Once the gate open, Jong-kook take turn to left and there’s a basement parking for executives. At that place, there’s a lift that heading straightly to third floor and above. Chang-joo’s room is at 5th floor. When Ji-hyo opened Chang-joo’s room there are her manager, 2 bodyguards, and Chang-joo itself. The bodyguards immediately comes to Jong-kook and separate him with Ji-hyo which made them shocked.

 

“Yah what is this? Let me go!!” Jong-kook tried to release himself from the guards but they are too strong for Jong-kook.

 

When the other about to help Jong-kook, Chang-joo stand from his seat. “No no. don’t you try to go near him. I mean, three of you.” Said Chang-joo while walk to the sofa where Ji-min already sit there. “Oh by the way, welcome to my office Moon Chae-won ssi and Lee Gwang-soo ssi. I know your first impression in my office is scary, but don’t worry, they won’t harm Kim Jong-kook ssi. The guards there, is kind of my preparation, in case perhaps Kim Jong-kook might get angry later.”

 

“Get angry? Waeyo? Do you have an intention to make him angry?” Asked Gwang-soo.

 

“Gwang-soo ssi, the funny guy. You have such a good question. No, I don’t have an intension to make him angry.” Seeing a confused face from Gwang-soo, he continue talked to him. “You will understand what I mean in a second from now.” In a quick move, Chang-joo slapped his actress. None of them could predict his movement. Chae-won who stand behind Ji-hyo immediately help her, so do Ji-min. Gwang-soo is about attack Chang-joo who slapped his noona but he has been dragged by the guards who just arrived at that room.

 

Seeing the one he love being slapped by a guy makes Jong-kook struggle to release himself from the big guards beside him. He just want to punch that guy so much and protect his girlfriend. “Bastard! Do you call yourself a gentleman by slapped a woman?! Why don’t you give an order to these big guys to release me and have a real man’s fight?”

 

Chang-joo ignore Jong-kook’s words and sit at a sofa calmly. “Ji-min ah, let Ji-hyo sit. And Chae-won ssi too, you can sit beside Ji-hyo.”

 

Chae-won just nod while still holding tightly Ji-hyo’s hand. “Why you slapped her? Is it because she caught having boyfriend? What’s wrong being in love?” Asked Chae-won after gather her courage.

 

“Because she’s having a contract with me. I gave her a promise to make her a big actress and in return she has to promise few things to me. One of them is to not dating in a time that we agreed. If you asked why again, then my answer is because she has to focus on her career. I’ve handled many actress before and when it comes to love life problem, all things they do in their work is a mess. That’s why, I make her promise that and she agreed. And now what? I’ve make her one of A-list actress in Korea and she destroy my trust. Upset? Of course I am upset. Disappointed? Definitely. But I’m sad too. No matter how cruel and hard I am towards people, doesn’t mean she can hide this thing to me. Yes, I will angry too just like this if she told me sooner, at least I can protect her too as one of my assets. But now, look what happen in lobby. Lots of reporters come, waiting us to make a statement about this news. I can’t even speak to defending you because I just know this news.” This time Chang-joo sounded frustration. He take a remote TV on a desk in front of him and turn it on.

 

“Good morning everyone! Today I have a big and shocking news comes from members of Running Man. I’m pretty sure this news will shocked Running Man’s fans in Korea, even the whole world, thinking that show is global. I will not wasting time because I’m excited too to inform you guys the news. Here it is, the big news is about Kim Jong-kok and Song Ji-hyo! Yes, finally after filming Running man for 5 years, they are dating! We haven’t get an official statement from them but I will show you the proof about this news. For your information, these pictures or video taken by trusted person. So, let’s check this out!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter