Chapter 16

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Today is the first time Jong-kook back to Running Man again after the accident that he got. An hour before they shooted their scene, they had a quick meeting with the PD because they will shoot the opening separatedly. Jong-kook stands right beside Ji-hyo and he always took a glance at her whenever there’s a chance.

 

“So, today is couple race. Each of you will get 1 guest as your partner and for the opening you’ll do it seperatedly in several places.”

 

Some random comments flowing from the members mouth. “Jinjja?” “Woah! Daebak!” “Are they beautiful?” “Are they still single?”

 

“You’ll found out about that later.”

 

After each of them went to their place to meet with their partner and shoot their opening scene, the members with their partner went straightly to the meet up point. Jong-kook's happy to have a cute partner like Ha Yeon-soo, but his happiness didn’t last long until he saw Ji-hyo’s partner. She’s indeed with handsome man, Park Seo-joon. They walked together happily and that scene really disturbed him, but the most disturbing scene for him came when they are doing their 3rd mission. Ji-hyo and Seo-jun was chosen to be a representative in love’s radish game. This game is similar to pepero game. But this time they will do it with a radish, not a cookie. They have to put the radish on their mouth, and the couple with the least radish that left is the winner. Since Ji-hyo and Seo-jun was chosen by the PD, they have a chance to pick their opponent. They whispering to select their opponent.

 

“I think it’s better if we choose Gwang-soo. He’s really in this kind of game.” Ji-hyo whispering her thought to Seo-jun.

 

“But noona, isn’t it will be better if we choose Jong-kook hyung? I heard a lot that her weakness is a girl. He’s tough but he’s shy too. Am I right? Besides, Gwang-soo is an actor, I think he can handle this kind of game easily.”

 

Ji-hyo hesitated with his thought. “Hm….you think so? It’s true that he’s so shy towards woman.” Ji-hyo think that Jong-kook can’t made it and it will be a huge advantage for her. “Ok, we’ll choose him.”

 

“What are you guys whispering? Just hurry up!” Gary pretends like he got jealous.

 

“Ok, we made a choice, we will choose……Jong-kook oppa.”

 

‘Ji-hyo ah….really? me? It’s hard already to see you will kissed another man in front of me and now you picked me to do that thing too? Fine. I’ll show you.’ Jong-kook said in his mind but he’s nervous imagining what will happen next. While Jong-kook busy with his mind, Ji-hyo busy make sure the members to pick her since in this game they have to bet who’ll win.

 

“Oppa! We’re actors! We will win this game easily.” Ji-hyo promoted her team. But seems like Jae-suk is the first one who interested on picking them.

 

“Okay! I will choose Ji-hyo’s team.” When Jae-suk decided his choice, the others team shouted Jong-kook’s name for several times.

 

“We will choose a team who is opposite your team hyung since you’re so bad in betting.” Haha said to Jae-suk which made Ji-hyo bewildered.

 

“Ah oppa! Why did you choose me? Ah I suddenly feel uneasy.” Ji-hyo slapped Jae-suk’s arm lightly.

 

“Ji-hyo ah, just do your best, okay? I trust you.” Jae-suk tried to calm her.

 

Finally, the time has come. Ji-hyo team went first on this game. After both, Ji-hyo and Seo-jun put the radish in their mouth, they slowly move forward and keep moving their head. When they feel their lips touched, they tilt their head to eat more that radish until they make a very tiny one. They finally let go the radish. Just after she let go of the radish, she just realize that Jong-kook exactly beside her and she’s sure he watched ‘the show’ clearly. Ji-hyo can’t predict Jong-kook’s facial expression. It’s between sad and anger. She then focused herself on Jae-suk who is jumping happily as he saw a very tiny radish that Ji-hyo and Seo-jun’s made.

 

“Yah!! This is a very tiny one! Yes!!!!” Jae-suk keep jumping happily which made the others laughed at his childish action.

 

When Haha went to see the radish, he’s agaped. “Yah! This isn’t tiny, this is an extract!”

 

“Ji-hyo ah, Seo-jun ah, you guys are my treasure, really! Don’t go home after this, at least I should treat you a dinner!” said Jae-suk happily and he continue to measure that tiny radish. “Yah! It’s 4mm! Daebak!!”

 

Hearing Ji-hyo can make that tiny, Jong-kook has some ambition to win. Luckily, his partner has an ambition to win too, so she can help him to push away his shyness. Just before he starts the game, he took a glance to his left side and found Ji-hyo is standing there. He really wants to show it to Ji-hyo. When Jo PD said ‘START!’, Jong-kook slowly move his head forward and when he felt his lips touched Yeon-soo, he really try his best to not stopping and keep moving to make a very tiny one and beat Ji-hyo. Actually in his mind, he wants to know Ji-hyo’s reaction when he kissed someone else in front of her. When he felt enough, he stopped and let go of his radish.

 

Jae-suk quickly grab Jong-kook’s radish and starts to complain. “Ah what is this?? Ah this is so tiny!”

 

Gwang-soo makes his appereance and grab Jong-kook’s radish from Jae-suk and show it to camera. “This isn’t radish, this is Jong-kook’s hyung teeth!” Gwang-soo’s statement makes everyone laugh, including Ji-hyo. But, she just showed her fake laugh and fake smile to hide her true feeling at that time.

 

“So, the writer just measured Jong-kook ssi and Yeon-soo ssi’s radish. Between the two team radish, the difference is just 1mm. and the winner is……. Kim Jong-kook ssi and Ha Yeon-soo ssi with 3mm.” All of them are cheering except Ji-hyo and Jae-suk teams.

 

After finished filming, all Running Man members with the guest have a dinner together before they went home. But, Ji-hyo come back home earlier since tomorrow morning she has another thing to do. When Jong-kook clears up his stuff in his car, he saw Ji-hyo walking alone to her car. Jong-kook then walked towards her and grabbed her hand. “I need to talk to you.” Ji-hyo keep quiet but she nodded lightly while Jong-kook dragged her to a place where there’s no one but them. Jong-kook faced Ji-hyo and starred at her eyes

 

“Is there any problem, oppa? please make it quick because I have another project tomorrow morning.” Said Ji-hyo without looking at him. She knows that Jong-kook look straightly at her eyes but she avoid looking at his eyes.

 

“Why did you choose me?”

 

“It’s Seo-jun’s idea. And I thought the same thing as him that you can’t do it since you are so shy in front of a girl.”

 

“And now, you regret it, right?”

 

“No, why should I?”

 

“Then why you can’t look at my eyes? And why you avoided me after that game finished?”

 

“I’m not.” Ji-hyo still looks at another side as long as it’s not Jong-kook’s eyes.

 

Jong-kook sighed. “Do you want to know my feeling when I saw your lips touched Seo-jun’s?” There’s no answer from her. “It hurts me Ji-hyo ah. I felt like I want to punch him.”

 

Ji-hyo now looks straightly in to his eyes. “Then, what about you oppa? You won and that means, you kissed her deeper than me and Seo-jun. besides, I do it quickly and you do it slowly. You really enjoyed that game so much, huh?”

 

“That was not a kiss Ji-hyo ah. This…..is a kiss.” Jong-kook pulled her body into his, and kisses her right on her lips. At first, Ji-hyo was so surprise and can’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter