proposal gone wrong!

Proposal gone failed

   “let’s get married.”

                “HA?!” Kim Jaejoong shrieked. This very moment, his boyfriend just asked something ridiculous. Too ridiculous that made him coughed, spilled a glass of chocolate milk that he just barely  took a sip.  That milk unfortunately landed on his hamtaro pyjama and poured all over his chest. He reach for a cloth that laid on top of coffe table and start rubbing his favorite pyjama in a hurry. Not wanting it to leave a permanent stain.

                “let’s get married. In two weeks.” repeat Jung Yunho at the end of the line. He emphasized every words that come out from his mouth. Assuming his boyfriend didnt hear what he just said.

                “WHAT?!” Jaejoong shrieked louder this time. Holding the cordless phone in between his shoulder and cheek tighter while he wipes the remaining milk spilled on the table.

                Yunho grunted. “you better get you hearing checked before our wedding ceremony. I told you to stop hearing those rock music so loud with your headphone.”he added, fully annoyed.

                “th... that’s not what i mean...  its just.. married... were you referring  to THAT married?  You mean... as in marriage? We?...both of us... getting married? Becoming a husband and wife? Having a family and all?”

                “Yes. That kind of married. Is there any other marriage that you know?”

                “so, you were just proposing to me right now?”

                “yeah. more or less.”

                “......”

silence.

                No one make any sound.

                Jaejoong just couldn’t believe of what he just heard.  He is shocked. What kind of a boyfriend would actually propose to his beloved one over a phone?! In all his 2 years relationship, Yunho had always been so selfish. Acting so dominant over him, he would casually decide every single thing without involving  Jaejoong’s thought in it. Jaejoong had always tolerate him... but not this moment. He won’t tolerate Yunho anymore.  Not when his ‘once in a lifetime’ moment was put on stake. This is too much for him. How could it possible for soon to be a groom decide when to marry his soon to be his bride before informing her *’him’ in this case* beforehand?

                “but.. Yunho... its... isn’t a proposal usually done... a little bit more... formal? Like, when a couple enjoying a fancy dinner on a fancy restaurant? Or.. when a couple strolling around a beautiful garden, under beautifully lit starry sky, with a glowing fountain on the background? Completed by a couple ring offered by a kneeling man?... Not, by a mere phonecall, while your lover had just only wake up 10 minutes ago. I was enjoying my warm chocolate milk when you called, suddenly asking me to marry you. You ruin my favorite hamtaro pyjama!!” for once in their 2 years relationship, Jaejoong was able to voice out his protest to Yunho.

                “ah... so you want dinner? Fine, I’ll take you out to one tonight. I’ll  pick you on your apartment. Be ready before 7.” Yunho order casually, while checking through a file his secretary just gave him. He, once again, deciding something without considering any others thought in it, didn’t think that’s not the only matter he and his lover have here.

                “ah! No!.. That’s not what i mean.. i mean...” jaejoong just trying out his luck. Hoping yunho would at least hear on what he got to say.

                “i have a meeting in 5 minutes. I hang up.”

                Click.

                “this is all just too sudd...” Jaejoong didn’t have the chance to voice out any more words, as Yunho just abruptly end up the phonecall on the other line.

                “see? It always end up like this...” Jaejoong mumbled to himself. He too, end up the line with a loud sigh. And heading to bathroom slowly, lowering his head.

 


 

                One fine day in a crowded city of Seoul, with brids chirping and sun shining brightly through the clouds. A huge contrary to what Jaejoong have in his heart. He, sitting on a chair at the corner of library, sighing for the hundred-th time for the day. Thinking over the conversation he had with his lover this morning. Two of his friends, Kim Junsu dan Kim Heechul, sits facing him. staring worriedly, wondering what happen to their best friend.

                “Hey Jae, what’s wrong?” Junsu ask. Full of concern.

                “Yeah, is there something happen today? You’ve been spacing a lot since this morning. Are you sick?” Heechul ask.

                “Nooooooo...” Jae answered lazily. Head still on the desk. He sighed again.

                “Hey, you can tell anything to us. Maybe we can help. Thats what friends are for right?” Junsu try to cheer him. He smiled to heechul beside him. Heechul reply him with a nod, he widen his smile.

                “so, mind to tell us what happen?” junsu ask again.

                Jae finally lift his head from the table. He stare at his two friends with half opened eyes. He sighed once again, decided to just tell these people everything. Otherwise, he know they will never leave him alone. They had been best friend for years.

                “WHAT?! HE PROPOSED TO YOU?!” Junsu let out a loud shriek, he leaned over to Jaejoong with mouth hanged open. Earning him a whack in the head from Junsu and glares from everyone around them.       

“Lower your voice! Everyone might hear you.” Heechul sighed, obviusly annoyed. He put the book he used to hit Junsu back on the desk.

“No. It’s fine Heechul. Go ahead Junsu, just tell everyone in the campus. Why don’t you just use our intercom by the way, its easier that way.” Jaejoong  sarcastically added. Glaring at his clumsy friend.

“Ooops. I’m sorry. My tongue just slipped.” Junsu say, sitting up on his chair again.

                Jaejoong sighed. Again.  The two sitting in front of him had lost count how many times the beauty sighed since half an hour ago. Jaejoong put his head back on top of the desk. Suddenly feel too worn out to argue more. Junsu is just too clueless. There’s no point on whining to him.

                He put his hand on the desk, making an imaginary circle for a while. “what should i do...” he muttered softly, But loud enough for his friend to hear.

                “what do you mean what should you do? Isn’t that great? That mean he’s serious with you.” Heechul try to cheer him up.

                “That’s right. You’re always questioning him right? Doubting if he really is serious in this relationship you both have for almost 2 years. Now that he is considering you to be his wife, it should give you enough proof that he is serious about you all along.” Junsu add, try to voice out his thought. Hoping it could ease Jaejoong woories.

                “but... i haven’t finished my studies yet... i am still on my junior year here, don’t he know that?... can’t he wait for another few years?” Jaejoong mumbled, more to himself.

                “uuummm... hey, that’s what we have our mouth for. You can just go, tell him that you aren’t ready yet. That you need some times. God didn’t give you mouth so you can just sigh here non stop. You two are grown ups. There’s nothing you two can’t talk about.” Heechul try to convince the sulking man in front of him. Junsu nodded quickly his head beside him, agreeing with what Hechuul just state. 

“You’re right Heechul. But there’s something you actually forgot. The one we’re talking about now is Jung Yunho. The man who directly ask our principle back in high school to give our school a one week holiday, just so he could spend a week holiday to bora-bora island with me. I heard he bribed the principle and the teachers quite a sum that time. I was so shocked when he showed up in front of my class and drag me out of class without the slightest care to explain anything to me. He seem to never give a damn about anyone’s thought of him. Even if  it’s me.” Jaejoong sigh. “i wonder why i’d agree to date him two years ago...” he added.

“what? He went that far?! Your boyfriend? How could i never know that?” Heechul ask. Disbelieving Jaejoong words. Thats just too ridiculous for him. He met just met Jaejoong and Junsu in University. So He didn’t know this Yunho guy very much.

On the other side, Junsu and Jaejoong had been friends since child. So he was there when Jung Yunho came into his friends life and he knows how demanding and inconsiderate Jung Yunho is. Remembering that, he frowns, knowing Jaejoong will have a hard time getting out from this problem. That, if he still had any chance of getting out of this. He know Jung Yunho never accept a ‘no’ as an answer.

Jaejoong sigh, Heechul knit his brow, starting to get irritated for having to hear that annoying breathing sound on minutely basis.

                Jaejoong straightened up, lean his body to Heechul. And Staring straight to Heechul eyes. “yeah, you don’t know him, Heechul.  No one dares or able to refuse to his request. He aways make sure nothings gone different from how he wanted it. I’ve been in this relationship long enough to know that much.”He whined. Back putting his head on the desk surface. “i should have break up with him since long ago....”

                “then why you didn’t?” Heechul ask

                “i don’t know. His no emotion face always give me this chill. Everytime i gained my courage just to ask him for breaking up, it all vanished once i stare at his cold stare. He seem to know it everytime i want to as for a break up. I just scared he might snap up at me, though he never even raise his voice on me.” Jaejoong sounding so desperate. His eyes getting teary and he starts to sob.

                 Silence.

                No one Makes any sound.

 Heechul and Junsu just sat there, glancing at each other, then shift their gaze forward, watching their best friend silently cry. Wondering how can a proposal  from your  2 years-long partner  can bring anyone this kind of sorrow.  I mean, hello? You have this love relationship going on with this someone for years, and now, that your lover ask you to spend the rest of your life together with him, shouldn’t we squealing in delight hugging each other on rotating movement in the middle of the park? And then they will lay together on top of a green grass, with butterfly flying here and there. That’s what Heechul always watch on a drama, where the protagonist announced to her best friend that she will be getting married soon.

At least, Sulking in the dark corner of library sighing non stop, surrounded by thick history books is never be a scenario of a  post-proposal scene.

                “HAAAAAAAAAAAAH~~”  here comes another loud sigh, but this time comes from junsu. He leaned back on his chair. “I actually envy you...”

                Jaejoong straighten up, knitting his brow at Junsu.

                “you know what? Me and Yoochun had been separated for a year. We can barely contact each other lately. He is too busy with his work or whatsoever. If at this very moment he call me and asking me to marry him, i will say yes in a bink of eye.”  Junsu said, smiling a little.

                Jaejoong quiet down. Kim Junsu lover, Park Yoochun is a doctor, who is now continuing his study on Japan, making him and Junsu temporarily separated.

                “Think about it seriously Jae, even if he is acting like he dooesn’t care about anything going on around him. But i know that Yunho truly loves you very much. I’ve spent enough time standing here beside you, watching how he would act around you to know that much.” Junsu added, try to convince his friend. His smile widens.

                Jaejoong leaned back on his chair. Staring into space, Trying to put Junsu’s word into his head.

 


 

The clock state that it was six past fifteen in the evening. But then, Jung Yunho was already there. Standing tall in front of Jaejoong’s apartment door, slightly fixing his tie.

                “You said you’ll pick me up at 7...” Jaejoong muttered under his breath, not believing that his lover already standing there, in front of his door. Wearing a complete set of formal suit, covering his well built body, sleek black from head to toe.

                “ow, really? Strangely, i dont remember saying anything like that. But i do remember said BE READY BEFORE SEVEN.” Said Yunho, not looking at his lover bewildered face, as he still busy fixing his rolex that circling his left wrist, but not forgetting to emphasized the last 4 words from his sentence.

                Jaejoong pouted. He stare at Yunho for a while, his doe eyes widen, not believing that those words was the first the words uttered from Yunho mouth tonight, the night of proposal.

Yunho finally lift his eyes, looking at Jaejoong.

“what? will you ask me to come in or should i standing here, in cold night waiting for you to get ready?” Yunho ask casually. Shrugging his shoulder.

Jaejoong pouted again, puckered his lips forward, sighing then push his door wider and stepping aside allowing Yunho to come in, then turn around, heading straight to his beedroom to change.

                “You have ten minutes. Go wear anything you have. quick.” Said Yunho, looking straight to his watch.

                Jaejoong now glared at him. ‘seriously? You are going to ask me to marry you tonight and this is the best way you can treat me?!’ he spat in his thought.

                “The time is ticking, Jooooongiiiiieee~~” Yunho said in sing-sang voice, tapping the glass of his watch with his index finger.

                -10 minutes passed-

                “so...” Yunho open his mouth, start arranging words in his head to comment Jaejoong appearance.

                Jaejoong choose to wear a striped black and white v-neck, long sleeve, but exposing so much skin of his neck. Blue tight jeans showing off his slender legs. Completed with his favorite boots, and a matching beanie, alse black and white strap.

“i did said wear whatever you have,but... why you.. you were the one who wanted this so called formal proposal, right? Do you knoe there’s this thing we called matching outfit? Here, i am standing with a suit, exclusively tailored from head to toe. And  you, there, lookong like a prisoner just come out from jail.”  He said, crossing his arm in front of his wide chest.

No, that’s not what Yunho really mean. Hell, he would be really glad watching Jaejoong dressed like that when they’re having movie night, just the two of them, in Yunho’s penthouse. He’d love to nuzzle his nose on jaejoong exposed skin and tangling his legs with Jaejoongs. Heck, he would kill to have that, when he is sure that he is the ONLY one enjoying the scenery. Not when  he is there taking Jaejoong out to public place, and intending to propose him tonight. He dont need Jaejoong’s ethereal beauty to distract him from what he is intending to do tonight. Not to mention how many people that would stare at Jaejoong on their way there. Only god knows how possessive actually Yunho can be over his lover. Only, he seldom to show it to anyone. He will only silently throw a death glare to anyone who dare to approach Jaejoong. Being not so open of his feeling is how Yunho was born.

                “You said, wear whatever so i...” Jaejoong try to explain.

                Yunho sighed. Pinching his bridge and shaking his head.

                “i’ll give you another 10 minutes, just get back to your room and change. Wear that blue suit i gave you a week ago.”

                Jaejoong knit her brows, turning back to his room and changed.

 


 

 

_JAEJOONG’S POV_

                “uwaaaah!”

                That was the first thing is said as i looked outside of Yunho’s car. A skyscrapper hotel was standing tall there in front of us. At the top of the building was settled a high-end class restaurant, with a clear glass dome and wall covering it, offering a beautiful night view of Seoul and the night sky above it.  I keep staring at the extravagance laid there in front of me, and then back staring at my boyfriend who is now currently busy driving,  I shift my gaze back towards the building, and that back at Yunho, mouth still hanging, wide open.

                The car make a stop. Signalling that we’ve arrived at our destination.  I look once again outside the window. The fancy building i just saw back then is still standing there. So, we really are going  to have our dinner here. I read about this building being the highlight on so many magazines, mostly stated that this is the most recommended spot to propose your fiancee. So he’s really serious about all the marriage stuff this morning. Ooowwh... i can feel  my legs weakening down there.

                Oh god, im scared! I don’t want to go out. I may stuck with this demanding, cold hearted, emotionless faced guy for the rest of my life. Someone please help me.

Yunho seem to know whats going put in my head, as he parked his sport car, he quickly get out and get to my side, opened up my dor, unfasted my seat belt and pull me out of the car. He gripped my hand and drag me to the lift. I was having a hard time matching our step. As his legs are obviously longer than mine.  We entered the lift, Yunho pushed the floor button, silence engulf us as we wait the lift reached for its destination. I could feel my heart palpitated faster each floor the lift going up, until i heard a soft ding signalling that we’re here. At the top of building.

The lift door opened. Yunho lead me to the table located at the centre of the floor. I look around in awe. Once again amazed by the luxury of this hotel. Yunho stop, and pull a chair for me to sit on.

                “Wait for me here. I need to pick something up, i won’t take long.” Yunho ask. I nodded, and wacth him turn and headed back to the lift.

                I watch him till he dissapear into the lift, then, i sighed. The loudest sigh i let out today.

                “please, calm down, heart... everything is going to be allright. I stayed with him for 2 years, that means i loves him too... right?” i stared into space.  But, really confused, up to this moment, i still can’t decide what answer would i give to Yunho if he indeed propose to me. Is he really the one i want to spend my life with?

                I shift my stare on something served on the table. I smiled. There, in front of me now. an ice cream displayed. My favorite vanilla ice cream, with chocolate syrup and biscuit. Sprinkled with a considerable amount of almonds on top of it. My eyes glowing looking at it, and my stomach growled involuntarily.

                “I cant let this ice cream melt down, right?” i grin, taking a small spoon beside the glass and start scooping on it.

 


 

                _AUTHOR’S POV_

          “things you need when proposing someone? How in the world would i know? Do you think I have a wife already?” said Shim Changmin, Yunho’s best friend, one and only friend he has, to be honest. “but, i do know that everyone loves flowers.”

                “This is so troublesome. I never give anyone this kind of gift in a lifetime.... wxcept my mother...“ Yunho sighed.

                Yunho continue to starea bouquete of White Calla lilly, also Jaejoong’s favorite, in his hand. He just pick it up from his car’s trunk. He knows very well that Calla Lilly is not something you use on this kind of ocassion. But he hates rose with a passion.  Allergic, as rose had been overused on some sweet and cheesy drama where someone is proposing. And sweets, is definitely not Yunho’s stuff. Except his Jaejoong.

                Yunho enter the lift, reaching for the top floor.

                “who do i have to do these things? Jae, why can’t you just simply say yes to me without making everything get this troublesome? Aaaaah... proposing sure take a lot of me...”

                Despite his sour words, Unknown to Yunho, the two corner of his lips lifts upward, forming a genuine smile. He stare softly at the bouquet he hold in his hand.

          “ah! And don’t forget the rings!”

                Yunho startled. He just remember of something urgently important. He quickly look at his watch. ! The Ice cream must already melt!

As the door of lift opened in front of hm, He dashed to ward the table his fiancee is sitting.

Too late...

 

                _JAEJOONG’S POV_

                “What took him so long?”

                I was staring at the lifts door, waiting for Yunho’s return. While eating my favorite vanilla ice cream for sure. When suddenly...

                “Uhuk, argh... what’s this?!” something clogging my throat, i cough a little and quickly reach for a glass of orange juice served on the table. I drink it in one go, i sighed in relieved once i feel the think in my throat dissapeared.

 “aaaah... “ i swallowed it.

“is it the almond? So big!” i muttered. Trying to guessing out the thing i just swallowed. “oh well, forget it..” I continue to eat the ice cream happily. It tastes wonderful!

                Right on my last scoop, i heard steps running towards me, i lift my head.

                “Ah... Yunnie. You come back. What is it that you just picked up?” I ask cheerfully to Yunho, who now froze in front of me, staring at the empty cup that used to be a cup of ice cream.

                “ah...the ice cream were melting just then. So, I eat it. Its alright, yes?” i ask again. Still smiling oh so widely.

                Yunho dropped the thing he hold. A buquete of lilly? Wow. That’s unusual of him.

                I stand up and pick the bouquete up

“is it for me?” i asked, turning facing him. With a grin.

No response.

Yunho facing his back at me, panickly looking at the empty cup, turning it upside down as if seeking if there’s something left.

                “Yunho, what’s wrong?” i asked cautiously. Starting to feel there’s something wrong.

                “you ate them all?” he ask me back, with a shocked expression. Wow. The Jung Yunho who rarely shown his emotion, now looks really lost.

                I stay quiet. For God sake’s Yunho, You’re exaggerating. It’s not like i ate 60 cups of ice cream. I just ate one.

                “tell me... do you ate them all? ALL OF IT?”He asked againi. This time gripping my shoulders thightly.

                “y... y.. yeess...” i squeaked.

                “aiiiiisssssssh” he growled.

                Yunho racked his head with his hand. Looking so bewildered. The next second, he grabbed my hand and we’re back running out the restaurant.

                “w...wait! Yunho.. where are we going?”

                “hospital .we need to get a doctor, real quick.”

                “eh? Who needs doctor? Who is sick?” i asked. Still panting. Trying to match his steps.

                Yunho stopped his track, he turns to face me, holding my shoulders thightly, staring straight into my eyes.

                “Do you know Jae...” he begin to talk, in deep voice, getting all serious.

                “....you were just... swallowing a whole 24 carat gold ring, with a huge diamond attached on it” he finished carefully.

I quieted down. Again. He turn back, and pull me with him again. I still having a hard time absorbing the information he just told me.

                .........

                ................

                .............................

                What?

 



 

i actually intended to make it a chaptered fic.

but, when i show this to my friend, she said that i could leave this as a oneshot too.

hahaha. here is the oneshot!