II

Euphoria

Sugar

Words: 180

"You have chocolate all over your face"

Taehyung peered over at Jimin with a pout. He wiped at his mouth with the corner of his sweater sleeve. Taehyung continued to eat the biscuits from his slightly scratched plastic container, Jimin staring at him with a modest smirk. 

"Can you make me something next time?", Jimin asked in a cheerful tone, nudging Taehyung in the process. "Our next food experiment for class isn't until next Thursday though", Taehyung replied sheepishly before the crumbs off his thumb. "That's alright, as long as you bake me something someday", Jimin told him with a grin. 

Taehyung flashed a quick smile at his best friend. "Let's see... I could bake you  blueberry muffins or chocolate cupcakes, bundt cake's pretty good too! Uhh..."

Taehyung continued to list down hundreds of baked goods, most names not recognized by Jimin. The older boy smiled. Pastries were his most favourite things in the entire world, but Taehyung creating them by hand made him genuinely smile wider. 

Jimin threw his arm around Taehyung's shoulder playfully and laughed, "Surprise me".


Illusions

Words: 365

Yoongi sighed. As he walked his way through the thin, busy hallways of the school, he mourned over his forgotten wallet. This morning he had woken up fourty five minutes later than usual and immediately panicked. Yoongi changed into his school uniform in twelve seconds flat, not bothering to fix his wrinkled tie. Hastily shoving his textbooks and slightly bent notebooks into his backpack, he zoomed out the door, change for the bus in hand. Yoongi made it right on time, which had truly been the only thing that mattered at the moment. It wasn't until twelve thirty seven that he noticed his precious wallet had been left at his bedside table this morning. 

He explained in agony to his friend Hoseok who listened intently, chewing on his tuna sandwich. The younger boy offered half of his lunch to the other, Yoongi taking it with a muffled 'Thank you.'

Now, it was exactly three o' seven pm and Yoongi had absolutely no clue how to get home. It was nearly nine blocks away from school and he had completely no energy remaining in his body from his highly distressed day. 

Pushing the entrance door open, he didn't expect Hoseok to be staring straight at him with an idiotic grin plastered on his face, a bicycle standing beside him. "C'mon Yoongi, get on" Somewhat dumbfounded, Yoongi questioned worriedly, "Are you sure about this? I can just-" "Nah,", Hoseok snapped. "Don't worry about that, get on"

Yoongi shot another look at Hoseok before awkwardly climbing onto the back of the wobbly bicycle. The second Hoseok felt Yoongi's weight, he began to peddle with all his might. 
Yoongi's already pale face grew even paler before he stuttered, "H-Hey! Not so fast! Slow down a bit!" Hoseok let out a petite giggle, "Sorry". 

As the two travelled through the slightly populated streets, Yoongi laid his back against Hoseok's, happily smiling to himself. Hoseok always managed to assist Yoongi no matter how much Yoongi had been at fault. 'He's like a magician', Yoongi murmured in his thoughts.

Hoseok gently looked over at the older boy, a smile upon his thin lips before peddling slightly faster along the footprint stained pavement.

Still

Words: 360

Jimin tapped his pencil onto the wooden desk. A look of boredom washed over his face as he stared absentmindedly at the boy beside him. Jimin sighed, ping his backpack and fishing around for a volume of manga to pass his boredom. Taehyung, on the other hand, was diligently at work; calculating the answers to the cornucopia of calculus questions printed in his textbook. He hated calculus despite the fact he understood it quite well. Taehyung doesn't even know why he took the class in the first place. After about ten minutes, Jimin got somewhat disturbed by the uncomfortable aura between him and the younger boy and decided to attempt at a decent conversation. 

"Have you ever kissed a boy?"

Taehyung looked up in confusion. Shrugging off his bulky glasses, he looked over at Jimin. 

"What?", Taehyung asked with a stutter.

Jimin leisurely looked up from his book. 

"Have you? Have you kissed a boy?"

Taehyung looked down and ruffled his bright hair muttering, "Course not". Jimin hummed in reply before faintly returning to his graphic novel. 

"Why do you ask?"

Jimin shrugged sluggishly, not looking up at the other boy. Taehyung sat in silence, sneaking a look at Jimin before staring down at his dented textbook in a daze.

"I'm a bit curious about what it's like", Taehyung mumbled at his lap. 

Jimin looked back at Taehyung, an eyebrow rising slowly. Without warning, Taehyung leaned closer to the older. Jimin, too stunned to react, could do nothing but lower his volume of manga. Before the Jimin knew it, Taehyung took ahold of his trembling hands and softly pressed his lips against his own. A part of Jimin was panicking, not knowing what to do, and another wanted to stay still and let the younger do what he pleased, maybe even kiss back. Taehyung's eyes opened slightly, feeling light pressure against his delicate lips. The two stayed in the comforting yet simultaneously awkward position until Jimin gasped for a breath of air.

Taehyung opened his eyes with a small smile. "I liked it", Taehyung spoke happily, leaving a flustered Jimin embarrassed and ready to punch his friend in the gut.

Inkling

Words: 245

At first, Yoongi thought Hoseok was rebellious. One of those students who were annoyingly persistent and languid as hell. Sometimes he even acted like it too, careless and idiotic. But after the few months of getting to know him, he was actually an amazing person. He got good grades and studied hard, practiced his dream of being an artist everyday, and supported himself with a job as a photographer for their local newspaper.

Truly, Yoongi thought Hoseok wasn't as bad as he expected.

At first, Hoseok thought Yoongi was awkward. He had odd habits; thumb twiddling, fidgeting, and he would constantly face the ground, almost as if it were an old friend. Despite the boy's oafish habits, there was one single thing Hoseok's mind thought that outshone all of Yoongi's aspects. He was adorable. The way his feet always faced inwards when he stood still, the cute cotton sweaters he wore, his petite frame. Let us not forget the shy blush that shone on Yoongi's pale cheeks. Hoseok sighed, his cheeks flushing at the simple thoughts. His mind snapped to reality as a sweet voice called him from across the street. He could recognize the voice any day. It was Yoongi. He smiled at Hoseok and waved before continuing his walk back home from school. Hoseok slumped happily against the bus stop pole, his chilly hands shoving into the stringy pockets of his jeans. 

Truly, Hoseok thought Yoongi was profoundly different. The good kind that is.