Disappointment

The Beauty Inside

"Key! Wake up!"

 

His mother's loud call startled him awake.

 

"Did you hear me? Wake up and get to school!" She slammed open the door, making Kibum jump out of his bed.

 

"Neh, umma." Kibum stood up and bowed to his mother. She scoffed and stomped down the hall upon seeing her son.

 

Most of Kibum's mornings had started out like this, but he thought his mother would show even the slightest amount of support because it was his first day of highschool.

 

He was wrong.

 

A morning like this would normally break Kibum's heart, even more without his hyung's presence, but before he left, he mad a promise to his older brother to stay strong without him, no matter what he had to face. Kibum loved his brother very much and was determined to keep his promise no matter what.

 

Even with the most amount of dread he summed up within him, Kibum could not keep this day away. He knew it had to come sooner or later, he was just hoping it would be later. He stood up to go to his closet, already knowing what he would have to wear. He grabbed what he needed and set his clothes on his bed.

 

He slowly slipped his black pullover over his head to cover his body from his waist up to his neck. He then pulled on some grey skinny jeans and his sneakers. He looked in the mirror and pulled his black beanie on his head and put on his glasses. His attention went to his hair to move some loose, soft blonde strands out of his face. He soon gave up and walked to the bathroom. He brushed his teeth and sighed upon taking one last look at himself. He noticed the scar above his left eyebrow, the mark bringing memories much too horrible to think about.

 

He went back to his room, grabbed his backpack, and walked downstairs. He never really ate breakfast, so he opened the front door and began walking to school.

 

'If I can just get through today,' he thought, 'Maybe the rest of the year won't be as bad as before.'

 

He continued walking down the sidewalk, his old sneakers dragging across the concrete. He looked around and saw a few more kids walking to school, but they didn't dare come close to him. He was used to this type of treatment from other people, it happened ever since he was younger. He stared down at his feet, trying to push the memories back. "This is a new year," he whispered to himself, "Things will be better."

 

He looked back up in front of him and saw what he guessed was a couple walking a few feet in front of him. He decided to try and walk past them to avoid trouble later. As he quickly walked by them, he looked towards their faces.

 

'Oh no,' he thought, 'Not now.'

 

"Jonghyunnie oppa~" she said, pointing at Kibum, "What is that thing looking at us?"

 

'Ugh,' Kibum thought, 'her "cuteness" is so disgusting.'

 

"I don't know Sekyung, I think it might be Key." Kibum cringed at the hearing that nickname again. He bowed to them, despite their bitter insults.

 

"Yah! You think someone like you can even look at us?!" Sekyung screeched, pushing Kibum to the ground by his shoulders.

 

"M-mianhaeyo," he said, trying to push himself up from the hard ground.

 

"Don't speak to us," Sekyung said, kicking him in the side for him to fall back down. He looked up at Jonghyun through his now messy blonde hair. He couldn't help but catch his sad look as Sekyung pulled his away by his wrist, laughing at Kibum.

 

He stood up, brushing himself off as the two elders walked away. After those events, he knew that today would not go as well as he had hoped and planned it would. 

_____________________________________________

A/N: Hello everybody! So this is the first chapter. Sorry if it's running a little slow, but the plot will definitely pick up in the next few chapters. I wil update again either tomorrow, or the next day. I will always update regularly, unless a problem comes up that doesn't allow me to, so you guys won't be bored with this story. If you have any advice for me on this story, or any things you liked or didn't like, please comment below telling me. I will reply to all comments. Thanks!