As I Live

As I Live (나살다가)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oppa, are you blaming it on me?”

 

 

Her soft voice was playing on the eldest head. He was holding a medium sized frame with a girl photo in it. It was her little sister’s photo. He was staring the photo for hours. Suddenly a tears slipped down on his cheek and it fell on the frame.

He caressed the photo.

He kissed it.

He hugged it.

He missed his little sister who was once a bubbly and cheerful girl.

 

“Yejin-ah, oppa missed you right now. Why did you leave us?”

 

 

 

“Good morning, my brothers!”, she happily greeted them and settled herself on her usual spot even though she knew that this will be awkward but she wanted to make the first move to make up with her brothers. She missed her brothers, a lot. She would do anything as long she has her brothers by her side. She wouldn’t mind if she loses everything even though it was her life as long as she wouldn’t lose her brothers.

She has nothing left, except her brothers who were abandoning her.

Neglected her.

Throw her far away from their lives.

 

“I’m full! Hyung, let’s go to school.”, her fourth brother, Jongin said as he took his bag, followed by Jongdae. Yejin flashed a sad smile towards them but were replied with their cold stare. Yejin slowly looked down and slowly dig in her foods.

 

“Come on, Myun. We’ll be late.”, the eldest said and get ready to go to college.

 

“Have a save drive, oppa!”, Yejin waved at them but both of them didn’t pay attention her. Not at all.

 

“My brothers, did you guys hate me this much?”

 

 

 

Jongin slowly opened his little sister’s door and saw his oldest brother was sitting at the edge of the bed while caressing their sister’s photo.

 

“Hyung…”, Jongin called and slowly approached. Slowly, the oldest lifted up his head and stared at his brother with teary eyes.

 

“Jongin.”, he let out a sad smile. “You’re back from school.”, he added and wiped his tears. Jongin just nodded his head and sat beside his brother while his eyes were roaming around the room. Then, he saw a pink diary on the table.

 

It was Yejin’s diary.

 

 

 

 

“I’m home!”, Yejin shouted happily as she entered the house. She was about to go to her room but then she saw Jongin was sitting in the living room, watching television.

Yejin looked down onto her hand. She was holding a paper bag with a present in it. She went for shopping just now because today is one of her precious brother’s birthday. She grinned happily and slowly approached him.

 

“Oppa…”, she slowly called but Jongin pretend to not hear it.

 

Thinking that her voice is not loud enough, she called once again. This time it was little bit louder and Jongin was pissed off.

 

“What do you want?!”, he yelled. Yejin was a little bit startled by his voice.

 

“I… I bought a present for you.”, she slowly said and put down the paper bag on the tea table in the living room. Jongin looked at the paper bag and took it.

 

“Happy birthday oppa.”, she smiled. She felt a little bit happy when Jongin took her present but then her smile suddenly faded away when Jongin threw the present on the floor which made Yejin gasped in shock.

 

“Oppa…”

 

“I don’t need a present from a person like you!”, he spat. “Why can’t you understand that we hate you?! We hate you so damn much! Do you know that?”, he added.

 

“Why do you hate me so much? What did I do wrong?”, she slowly asked while picked the present that Jongin had thrown away.

 

“You asked me why?!”, he shouted.

 

“Why are you still alive? Why? Why must mom and dad had to die in the accident?! Why not you?”, he spat again. “My birthday has no meaning without mom and dad. You killed them!”

 

“Do you think I want all this? Do you think I ask for mom’s and dad’s death?”, she whispered. “If I died in the first place, would you blame it on mom and dad?  Will you blaming them like how you blamed it on me?”, she asked.

 

A tear falls down on her cheek and she made her way to her room. She locked her door and let out her cries in silence while hugging her knees. She looked over the present and took it. She opened her closet and keeps the present in it.

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin put away the diary and went towards her closet. Quickly, he opened the closet and find the paper bag that Yejin once gave to him. Finally, he found it.

He took and brought it to his brother.

 

“Minseok hyung, look! Yejin gave me a present for my birthday.”, he said. He was laughing but in the same time he was crying. With teary eyes, he opened the paper bag and saw a football jersey that he always wanted but he can’t buy it because it was too expensive.

 

There’s a note inside of the paper bag, there’s a note for him from Yejin.

 

“Oppa, happy birthday! I know you wanted this jersey so bad but it was too expensive. So I ordered a custom made jersey like the exact design that you want. I know it’s cheap but I hope you like it oppa! I love you, oppa!”

 

“Yejin… I’m sorry. I’ve been a bad brother to you after what happen to mom and dad.”, he began to sob and Minseok hugged him to calm him down but then he cried along with him.

 

“Yejin-ah, I’ve promised you that I will protect you no matter what happen, right? But I didn’t keep my promise to you. I’m sorry Yejin, I’m sorry.”, he cried on Minseok shoulders and what Minseok could do was calmed him down but deep inside in his heart, he felt the same like Jongin.

 

He and his brothers are supposed to protect their only sister. To cherish her and to love her but did they do were neglected her.

 

 

 

 

“Oppa, look! I scored in my exam!”, Yejin came home and happily ran towards her brother, Joonmyun but all he did was nothing. He used to encourage her to work hard on studies and help her with her school home works. But now, everything is changed.

 

Joonmyun used to be a loving brother to her.

Joonmyun used to be the only brother who always protected her when her others brothers were bullying her.

Joonmyun used to be the one who always by her side when she’s sad.

But that Joonmyun has gone.

 

“Oppa, look at this! I scored all of my subjects!”, she happily exclaimed while showing her results at her brother. Suddenly, Joonmyun took her result and crumpled it. He throws it into the dustbin and chased her out from his room.

 

"Get the hell out from my room!"

 

Yejin has an urged to cry but she holds back her tears. She took the result which has been crumpled by Joonmyun from the dustbin and walked out from her room. But before she went out from the room, she did say something.

 

“You’ve changed. All of you. But its okay, I loved you guys because you guys are my brother and I have no one else except you guys.”

 

 

 

 

 

Joonmyun stared at her latest examination result. Despite of her condition, she managed to forget about all her problems and keep focused on her studies.

Joonmyun felt bed for crumpled and throw away her result without having at least a look on it. He was disappointed to himself for hurting his lovely sister. But it was past, he can’t do anything.

He took the result which was a little bit crumpled; he knew it was the result that he has crumpled long time ago. He was smiling proudly with her result.

 

“I’m sorry Yejin. I wish, I could turn back time.”, he cried.

 

 

 

 

Jongdae in the other hand was sitting in the living room, reminiscing their happy moments as a happy family. His eyes were still wide open.

His eyes were imagine how they was arguing each other because he will always cheated in almost games that they’ve played together.

He remembered where their mother made them some blueberry pancakes which was their favorite, especially Jongdae. He ate all the blueberry pancakes and don’t even left any for them. Yejin cried because he ate all the pancakes. As the punishment, Jongdae has to clean all the dirty dishes in the sink.

He remembered where he always hide Yejin’s shoes every morning just to make she pissed off and there will always be Joonmyun to help her. Joonmyun her guardian angel.

He remembered when they’re watching movie together. Yejin will always hug her Joonmyun oppa when they’re watching horror movie and he felt so jealous about it. But when Joonmyun is not around she will hug Jongdae, as if her life was depending on him.

Yes, her life was depending on him. Not only him, but all her brothers but no one saw this will be coming.

No one.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yah! Kim Yejin! What is this?!”, Jongdae slapped her face as he threw the cigarette box on her face. Yejin fumed in anger as she pushed Jongdae away from her. She picked the cigarette box and keeps it in her pocket.

 

“If you’re not stupid enough, this is cigarette box!”, she spat and rolled her eyes.

 

“Since when did you began to smoke?”, Jongdae asked her as he trying to take away the cigarette away from him.

 

“Since when? Why would you care anyway?”, she rolled her eyes again.

 

“I am your brother!”, he shouted.

 

“Oh? I have a brother? Well, I thought I’m a loner.”, she said sarcastically.

 

“Watch your mouth Kim Yejin!”

 

“I am!”

 

Slap!

 

Another slap landed on her face and it was Minseok. “Another word from your mouth, I’m going to punch you.”. With that, Yejin ran straight away to her room and slammed the door shut. She leaned her back against the door and silently cried, but she was smiling.

Her brothers were no longer pay attention on her. So, she purposely created some fusses in the house and school. She was happy that her brothers finally paid their attention on her but she was wrong if she thought that her brothers loved her like they used to love her before.

 

“What is this?”, Minseok sternly asked as he threw a piece of paper in front of Yejin’s face. “The school sent me this ing letter to me because of you!”, he pointed at Yejin.

 

“Can you stop create another trouble?! I’m tired of this! You’re getting more troublesome day by day! So stop giving me trouble already!”, he said and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter