Epilogue

Code Blue

If you received a notification, I did a triple update, so please, go back to chapter 15: Pictures.


 

Rustling and bustling was the only sound that could be heard. The rooms and corridors backstage were filled with people rushing and maneuvering to avoid colliding with another staff member.

The last few months had been chaotic after the company decided to change the concert venue for an even larger one. With the world tour right around the corner, adding a new date to meet the domestic demand had been impossible. The people that had bought their tickets for the first venue had their sits adapted to the new place and given the best positions while those who had been unable to secure a spot were grateful to be given another chance to watch their favorite singers before they left for the tour. It was a solution that pleased the fans.

Although the economic loss that was included with the venue change couldn't be covered with the new incoming people, the revenue from the last album was more than enough to pay for the expenses, adding to the profits that would come with goods sales and other concerts outside. After all, not many had the opportunity to perform in such a big venue, so it was worth it.

 

 

The stadium was filled to the top, people cheering and screaming to the top of their lungs.

Woohyun had ventured before, to observe the people as they waited for the concert to begin. Being clad with the performance outfits and in full makeup make him feel thrilled and nervous. "This is really happening," he muttered. They had been in stadiums as big as that one but for festivals and awards, not for solo concerts. Never in a place like that.

He could watch how fans shook their lightsticks to the rhythm of a song they were singing as they waited, the yellow ocean extending beyond his eyes. It was beautiful.

Once inside the changing room, Sungyeol and L were seen reviewing a stage they would perform together, Hoya and Dongwoo practicing the choreography one more time before the show and Sungjong warming up his voice. He directed himself towards the young ones to see if he could be of help.

Sunggyu appreciated the scene, something he had never done before. He'd be so concentrated in making sure everything was perfect, asking staff and following his managers left and right to confirm that preparations were ready. He'd rush the others to get ready and would go into a state of frenzy if an unexpected event happened.

Now, he was sitting in the stylist's chair, whom had just finished applying his makeup and observed the sight before him. He no longer felt the need to meddle in the staffs' way, nor disturb the others with his nagging. Sure, as the leader he had to make sure they were in order and ready for the concert, but other than that, he had limited himself too imposing or ordering. He trusted them after all.

In hindsight, he wondered how he hadn't gotten the attack sooner; always so hectic bordering neurotic, he commended his heart for lasting as long as it did. Even then, he was glad it had happened. It made him more appreciative of his situation. He now treasured s greatly and understood them better. It felt nice to not carry the burden alone anymore.

Unconsciously, his hand reached towards his neck until it felt a small chain. He touched the jewelry, caressing the small rectangle, a little replica of the picture on his door resting inside it.

 

"Hyung, this isn't much, but we wanted to make sure we'd be with you wherever you go." Woohyun had said, handing him a small box.

 

He felt a soft tap on his shoulder and turned around to see Sungjong standing next to him. "What happened?" Sunggyu asked.

The younger hesitated for a moment before inquiring "Did you receive an answer?"

"Ah, that," the leader confirmed. "They didn't reply, but my noona sent me a congratulatory message," he answered simply.

"I'm sorry," Sungjong said sheepishly.

Sunggyu shook his head and grabbed the other's hand. He still wasn't as fond as the others of the skinship but was making a progress. "Thank you for worrying," he said. "And it doesn't really matter, because my family is here," he continued looking around the room for his dongsaengs.

"INFINITE, it's time!" one of his managers called.

Sunggyu squeezed the younger's hand, and as he stood up, he felt the other squeeze back.

"Let's go!" he shouted animatedly, pulling a happy Sungjong behind him.

 


A/N: This is finally over. It was a long ride that lasted more four long years. I truly apologize for all the time I made all of you wait, be it for a reason or for another. That’s why I decided to finish this story at once instead of giving you chapter after chapter and jeopardizing the momentum.

Many things happened with INFINITE for the past year which I believe it’s not necessary to mention. I also left the fandom, as I had mentioned before, but still listen to their music as a casual listener and am eager to watch Myungsoo’s new drama when the time allows it. Either way, I hope we can all keep supporting the boys in their activities as much as you desire.

I hope Sunggyu’s journey and growth were satisfying for you to read. The ups and downs, I hope, were realistic and not dramatic or forced, but I guess if you read all the way you may have enjoyed the story. Who knows. And that brings me to this:

 

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

 

Thank you all of those who read my story, whether it was throughout the period I wrote this and waited patiently for those updates that almost never came, or if you just found out this story and liked it nonetheless. A big thank you to all of you who made it 'til the end. Subscribers and silent readers.

I want to give my special thanks to haesthetics, YoruNoTenshi and tokkeiko who helped me write and shape the story, be it with honest opinions, reviews, my cover images and their support. I haven't spoken to you in a while, but I do appreciate everything you did for me.

Also, shoutout to those that commented my story in every possible chapter! Your messages were such a motivator for me to not abandon the story, and even if it took so long, I hope you liked the story.

If you want to talk to me about it or about something else, I'm always available. I'd like to know too why did you read, and/or liked the story. How did you find it. 

And who knows? I may write more in the future, but I'll stick to oneshots, no more chaptered stories for a while.

All things must come to an end, and this story is one of them.So, thank you again for your support and love towards the story. I LOVE YOU ALL!

Bye!!!