Soft Smile

Happiness

No One's POV:

There was nothing that you really had to do.  Kristoff brought you along for fun, not because he needed your assistance.  You still acted as a gofer for him and the crew, because you were bored just sitting.  The group he was photographing, EXO, hadn't arrived yet and waiting had taken it's toll on you and you were sleepy.  There had been several shoots already and you had been introduced to all of the guys. You dozed off in the chair and woke up with a start when you heard a crash.  Looking around in confusion, you saw that one of the crew had knocked over an equipment case.  Luckily it was empty and nothing was broke. Glancing around, your breath caught in your throat.  Tao was back and was Kristoff's current model.

 

Your POV:

I sighed.  I just can't understand why I am so fascinated by Tao.  He isn't the best looking guy in EXO but something about him keeps drawing my attention.  Every time I look at him I feel a warmth start in my chest and spread, and I feel this quiet joy that makes my breath catch.  Since he was shooting again I took my usual seat near Kristoff's equipment table and leaned forward, chin tucked onto my crossed arms.  As usual, I feel a soft smile on my face that I can't stop and I watch Tao pose for Kristoff, lost in daydreams.

 

Tao's POV:

Damn, they are back I thought to myself.  For the last few weeks there has been a creepy person in a hood watching me during my shoots,  They are part of the crew but I all ever see is that smile under the hood.  It freaks me out a little that I sometimes find myself staring at their lips. Shaking off the strange tingle I felt down my spine I decided to ask them to stop appearing during my shoots.  After about 30 minutes the photographer was done and I looked over and saw that the hooded figure was still sitting there, still smiling as they watched me.  I walked up to them and stood in front of them and waited for them to acknowledge me. After a few minutes of silence I cleared my throat and said, "Excuse me."  I startled them.  their head slipped off of their arms and their chin hit the table hard.

"Ouch," the person rubbed their chin and looking down quietly asked if they could help me in the worse Korean I have heard.

"This is awkward but I need to you to stop appearing at my shoots.  I know that you are crew but the way you watch me is disturbing and I would prefer that you stop. Don't appear in front of me again."

I heard a small gasp and their head shot up, the hood falling back.  In shock I watched as the softest looking hair fell down half covering big hazel eyes.  The person who had been watching me was the most adorable woman I had ever seen. She bit her lip and shuffled her feet before looking me in the eye.  The moment her eyes met mine I felt as though I had been punched.

 

Your POV:

I never thought Tao would talk to me.  I certainly never thought it would be to tell me that I was disturbing and to stay away from him.  My stomach dropped and I felt a painful knot in my throat and I knew that I was about to cry.  Trying to remain calm I looked into his eyes.  It was only for a moment, they were so powerful that I felt a shock run through me and I looked down again.

"I am very sorry.  I can't promise to never appear before you again while we are here, but I will try my best to stay away. I didn't mean to stare at you, it's just that watching you made me really happy.  I am so sorry to have troubled you, " I turned and walked as quickly from the room as I could, without making it look like I was running away.  As I turned the corner and headed for the restroom hot tears started to roll down my face.  I didn't even notice Suho, who started to ask what was wrong when he saw me in the hall.  Before he could speak I was in the bathroom, stall door closed quietly crying.  The hurt and pain from being asked not to appear in front of him again brought the realization that I had fallen in love with him.  I couldn't believe that my heart was breaking like this.  How could I have fallen so hard for someone I had only watched?

 

No One's POV:

As you walked out of the room Tao stood where you had been dumbstruck. It had never occurred to him to wonder who was under the hood.  He only knew that the way they made him feel was uncomfortable.  Now he realized why he kept staring at your lips, he had actually been attracted to you, even if it was only your lips that he could see. Coming out of his stupor he realized what you had said, that you would try not to appear in front of him again. He closed his eyes, some how he knew he would regret this.

When you came out of the bathroom you thought that you had done a good job of washing away the traces of your tears.  Your heart ached but you were sure that no one would notice as you pasted a fake smile on your face.  You immediately saw Suho who grabbed your hand and took you outside.

"What's wrong?" he asked once you were outside away from everyone.  You and Suho had become friends the second day of the shoot, when you had found him in the cafeteria playing with his food with a derpy expression and you had laughed out loud, making him smile sheepishly when he was caught.  Both of you clicked and had a relationship similar to siblings.

Knowing he wouldn't believe you if you said nothing, you told a partial truth, "I am feeling a little homesick.  I talked to my sister this morning and I miss her."

Suho gave you a brief hug and told you that after today's shoot was over you were going to get Yook Gae Jang with him, since Korean food always made you happy.  You smiled at him and nodded then both of you headed back in.

Sensing that something still wasn't quite right and not knowing what to do, Suho decided to spend as much free time as possible with you over the next few weeks, to keep your mind off of whatever was really bothering you. There was rarely a moment at the shoot, unless he was in front of the camera, that he wasn't at your side, doing something derpy to make you smile.

Tao's POV:

Tao gritted his teeth.  They were at it again.  Her and Suho. Smiling happily, giggling, touching.  I can't believe how quickly she went from watching me to being in Suho's pocket.  The moment I walk into a room only she is in she leaves like the devil approached.  I know I told her not to appear before me but it's insulting how quickly she tries to get away.  I know he is my sunbae but I just want to punch Suho hyung every time he goes near her. I hear her sparkling laugh and looked up to see her lean against Suho as she laughed at whatever he said.  I felt bitterness creep up and I walked out of the room. I didn't want to admit, but I am jealous. Painfully jealous and all I want to do is tear them apart.  I went home and stewed alone in my room.

Tomorrow came faster than I wanted it to. It was the last day of our shoot and while I would have to watch them together, I also knew it was the last time I could watch her.  I laughed at the irony.  I told her to stop watching me and now all I do is follow her with my eyes,  I walked onto the set and stopped dead. She was there, alone. Instead of her usual hoodie and jeans she was wearing a sun dress and her hair was falling down her back, looking just as soft as the one other day I had seen it loose, the day I was an idiot and told her not to appear before me. She looked up, met my eyes and quickly looked away, her cheeks turning slightly red.  She was beautiful.  A determined feeling came over me and I started to walk towards her.  When I was a few feet away Suho walked up.  After glancing at me and nodding he grabbed her hand and led her from the room. I stood alone and cursed myself again.  All of this was my fault. Screw it, she may be with sunbae but I need to tell her, at least apologize for what I had said.  I walked out into the hall and found them standing there.

"I am not comfortable with this Suho." she said.

Suho sighed and smiled,"It will be ok baby, I promise.  Just come with me tonight and do it.  I promise you will feel good about it."

"Suho, I am not ready for this."

"You will never be 'ready' for it, that's why tonight, you just have to trust me and follow my lead.  It might hurt at first, but you need to get it out of the way."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.  That bastard.  Without thinking I walked up to them, grabbed Suho and punched him.  As he hit the floor I grabbed her hand and dragged her outside.

 

Your POV:

I finally told Suho everything. That I was in love with Tao and what Tao had said to me.  Last night he asked me to dress up for the last day of the shoot.  Thinking it was the last day and there wasn't anything I was really needed for, I decided to wear a mint green sun dress with yellow flowers printed on it and I brushed out my hair allowing it to fall in soft waves.  I was standing on the set, laying out rolls of film on the camera table when Tao walked in.  Unable to resist I looked at him and quickly looked away when I met his eyes.  My heart clenched painfully and I took a deep breath, closing my eyes for a moment.  Tao started to walk towards me and I cringed, expecting that he was going to remind me that I shouldn't be near him.  I had gotten pretty good at making sure I left as soon as possible when no one else was around so that I wouldn't anger him.  I heard a footsteps behind me and looked up.  Suho had walked in.  He grabbed my hand, nodded at Tao and led me from the room whispering that we needed to talk.  I glanced back and saw Tao standing there, eyes narrowed, scowling.  We got into the hall and Suho let go of my hand.

"Ok, tonight is the last night.  You need to confront him or you will always regret it.  At least tell him how you feel.  You will come to the wrap party with me and I will bring him to you.."

"I am not comfortable with this Suho." I said.

Suho sighed and smiled,"It will be ok baby, I promise.  Just come with me tonight and do it.  I promise you will feel good about it."

"Suho, I am not ready for this."

"You will never be 'ready' for it, that's why tonight, you just have to trust me and follow my lead.  It might hurt at first, but you need to get it out of the way."

Suddenly Suho disappeared and Tao was punching him.  I watched in shock as Suho hit the ground. 

 

No One's POV:

Tao grabbed your arm and dragged you outside. Suho sat up and smirked.  He had seen Tao watching you and knew that was not as indifferent as he may act.  His jaw hurt like hell but he laughed out loud.

Once you were outside Tao pushed you up against the wall and leaned his forward against yours, trying to catch his breath.  You were quiet, not able to understand what had happened and afraid of what Tao was going to say.  You assumed that Tao heard Suho say he was going to get the two of you alone and he was angry about it since he had told you to stay away from him.  Tao took a deep breath and back away slightly.

"I can't let this happen.  I know he is my sunbae, my leader, but this is just wrong.  I am angry with you still for going to him after saying that I make you happy, but I can't let him just take you.  Pressuring you to have with him isn't like hyung but he is out of line."

Your jaw dropped and you starting laughing hysterically.  Tao looked at you confused. Getting a hold of yourself, you looked up at Tao. "You misunderstood.. We are just friends, like brother and sister.  He wasn't pressuring me to have , he was pressuring me to confess to you." You realized what you said and gasped.

Tao stared at you and blinked.  Without warning he pushed you back against the wall again and lowered his head, his lips taking yours in a deep kiss.  He stopped the kiss and softy smiled against your lips.  He wrapped his arms around you and rested his chin on your head.

Tao felt the weight lift from his heart.  Rubbing his chin against your head he said,"From now on, watch only me, appear only before me. I love you."

 

End

That was my Tao one shot after a vivid daydream.  I hope you enjoyed it.