Another Day

The Chosen Few

    I awoke with a soreness all over. All I wanted to do was to take a warm soothing bath and sleep in all day, but I couldn't skip my classes at college so I took a quick shower and got dressed. I had just finished tying my shoes when my phone rang, it startled me at first because all I had heard up until now was silence.

    "Yeoboseyo..."

    "Good morning~ I'll be there in about 10 minutes, kay?"

    "Good morning Doojoon, I'll be waiting... wait, are driving while you're on the phone with me!?"

    "Ummm...nooo."

    "Yah! You're lying I can hear the engine running, don't you know how dangerous that is!?"

    "Aigoo, stop worrying so much I'll be fine."

    "You need to stop worrying so little. I just don't want you to get in a wreck that's all."

    "Awww look who cares for me. I wuv you too Wooyoung~"

    "No, I'm just worried I won't have a ride to my classes anymore..."

    "Okay, if that's what you sa WOAH!"

​    "What happened!?"

    "I almost got in a wreck!'

    "See! What did I tell you. I'm gonna hang up now before you die. Goodbye."

    I hung up, sat on my bed, and sighed. Doojoon is always like that but he is a really good friend of mine and I wouldn't want to change him. He would drive me to my classes, on the days I had them, on his way to his job at Heaven's Brew Café. I looked at my apartment, it was kind of small, only two rooms, well three counting the bathroom. My living room was oddly combined with my kitchen with a line separating the carpet of the living area from the tile floor of the kitchen, the larger portion of the room belonging to the living area. Not long after, I heard a honk outside signaling me that it was time to leave I grabbed my bag and left.

    The ride was it's usual brand of lighthearted joking and laughter. I loved Doojoon for that, don't get me wrong he has his serious side, but he also this carefree and lighthearted nature about him that perks me up when I'm feeling down. It wasn't long before we arrived at my college.

    "Thanks for the ride Doojoon, and you don't have to come here and take me home on your lunch break today. I just got paid and I really need to buy food so I'm just going to head to the grocery store after class."

    "Okay that's cool. You got paid? Where do you work? You never told me you had a job."

    "Where do I work?" I didn't know what to say, I didn't want him to know how I get paid, I mean, it's not the most glamorous job after all, and I also didn't want him to be disgusted by me. I sat there for awhile trying to think of something and I could tell he felt something was off so I continued rather hesitantly,  "Um... it's... nowhere special..."

    "Okay... oh~ I get it. You don't want me to know where you work so I won't come to your job and embarrass you. It's cool I don't care."

    "Thank you for understanding..." I played along not wanting to reveal the truth.

    "Oh, I think your friends are waiting for you." he said pointing to right, "Ooo who's that cutie?" He said with a little wiggle of his eyebrows.

    I looked over my shoulder and there I saw my friends. Tiffany and Junho were standing next to each other engaged in a conversation. While Kikwang and Hyuna where a little ways away, I could tell they had just arrived because they were walking up to the other two. I waved to them, Kikwang was the first to noticed me, he waved back giving me his biggest eye smile. I turned to Doojoon, "Wait, are you talking about Tiffany?" I couldn't really tell but judging from where he was pointing I guessed Tiffany.

    "Uh.. Yeah! I am. Does she have a boyfriend?"

    "I don't know but she's really nice so don't be such a creep around her, you got that!" He rolled his eyes, "Anyways~ I'm gonna go to class. See ya!" With that I got out of the car and walked to my friends as he drove away.

    "Wooyoung!" Kikwang ran up to me and gave me a big hug saying, "I missed you so much!"

    "Calm down Kiki it's only been two days since I last saw you." I said trying to loosen the tight hug.

    "Two days too long! We should hang out more!"

    Just as he said that the rest of the group caught up to us and Hyuna pulled him off me saying, "Yah! Cut that out you're not his boyfriend." He made a face but didn't say anything afterwards.

    "Speaking of boyfriends do you have a boyfriend Wooyoung? Is it that guy who always drives you here?" Junho asked he seemed really curious about him.

    "No, we're just good friends. Why do you ask?"

    "Because he always drives you here and you never talk about him to us so I didn't know what you guys were. Plus he's super hot, is he single!?"

    "He's single but I don't know if he's gay." I didn't want to tell him about what Doojoon said earlier about Tiffany and make him sad.

    "Yes! So that means I have a chance!" We all laughed at his optimism.

    As are laughter died down a little Tiffany said, "Oh Yeah! I forgot to tell you all. I'm dating someone and he's really cute. We've only been dating for about a week though but I can tell he really likes me and I really like him." I just thought of Doojoon, poor guy, but I guess you snooze you loose.

    "I'm so happy for you! Well, What's his name?" Hyuna asked excitedly.

    "I don't want to tell you guys right now because I want to do a full introduction of him in person with all of you sometime this week. I just want it to be special, I hope that's okay with all of you..." Tiffany answered.

    "That's cool with me." I said. The rest agreed with an assuring and understanding smile and nod.

    "Great! OMG, I can't wait for you guys to meet him, he's super cute" Tiffany squealed with, we all giggled at her excitement.

    We then started to talk about random things, laughing, and joking until Kikwang suddenly yelled out, "Yah! The time! We're gonna be late!" With that we all hurried to our classes.

******

    The class ended and as I was putting up my stuff into my bag Kikwang came up to me and asked, "Hey Wooyoung... do you want to hang out with me later?"

    "I can't today Kiki I'm sorry I have some stuff I need to do." I felt bad, I hardly spend any time with him or my other friends for that matter. I could his saddened face so I said, "Maybe we can do something tomorrow okay, I'll text you later." Just by that sentence his face brightened and he smiled, I could tell that he was happy.

    "Okay!" He gave me a big hug and ran away screaming "Don't forget to text me tomorrow!" Leaving me giggling at his childish antics.

******

    I was pacing up and down the aisles of the grocery store trying to figure out what I should buy. I looked over the money I had received last night and started counting it. What the hell! How could he pay me that little!? That bastard! After everything he had me do to him and not to mention I have to give AJ some of this money. I should have counted it before he left last night! ! Now all I can buy is bread, peanut butter, and milk! UGH! I was walking down the aisle furious not paying attention to where I was going when I bumped into someone. The force of the push made the drink he was holding spill all on his shirt.


A/N: Who could the mystery guy be? You're just gonna have to wait to find out heheh.

P.S. Sorry if this chapter is boring I promise it will get more interesting as the story goes on, a lot of stuff is gonna happen don't worry, and if you have any questions about the story or plot and if something was confusing please let me know so I can fix it. I will update as quickly as I can. See ya next time BYE! ^^