Best Friends~

Best Friends

Kim Suyun - 5 years

Lee Jeongmin - 7 years

Kim Jinhyun - 3 years

 

Suyun's POV

 

"WHAT ARE YOU, STUPID!?" my umma was yelling at me again. She told me to make something to eat so I did, but then I accidentally knocked over the boiling water and burned umma. A loud clap sound echoed the house as umma smacked my head down. "Umma kuman~" my little brother Jinhyun tugged at umma's arm. "Yah get OFF of me!" she placed her hand on Jinhyun's head and shoved him towards me. I caught him and we both fell to the ground as umma was still yelling. "GET OUT OF THE HOUSE IF YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT!!" After that she walked away. I hug Jinhyun close to me as he started to cry. "Jinhyun ah, ujima ujima." I said as I held him closer to me. "Kaja, let's go to the park." I picked up my little brother to his feet and together we walked to the park, hand in hand. Jinhyun used his other hand and kept it to his eyes to stop crying and I guided him. I set him down on the swing and stood by his side, making sure he doesn't fall, and tears start coming out from my eyes too. "K-kwenchana noona...?" Jinhyun stuttered to say. I nodded as I started to get dizzy. Everything rushed up as it darkened to a black.

 

Jinhyun's POV

 

"Noona!? Noona!?" I jump off swing to go by noona. I poke noona face but she not wake up. "Yah kwenchana?" one boy come and look at noona. "Aniyo~ I think noona sleeping." boy look at noona very close. "Ani, she's knocked out." "Knock out?" I dunno what boy said. "Is she your sister?" I shake my head up and down. Boy made noona head sleep on his lap. "What you doing? Who you?" I say to boy. "Oh me? I'm Lee Jeongmin. What's your name?" Boy had girly smile... "I is Kim Jinhyun! That my noona. She Kim Suyun." I point to me with one finger, and then I point to noona with one finger. Boy name Jeongmin shake head up and down. Who is boy? Boy will wake up noona. Boy had very girly smile. Jinhyun don't like boy name Jeongmin with pretty smile like noona.

 

Jeongmin's POV

 

So her name's Suyun? Did she get hurt? Her eyes twitched a little and her face showed pain. "Jinhyun ah, what happened?" I asked him. He was a smart little kid. "Umma got mad and yell at noona again. Then umma hit noona and push me to noona. Then noona said we go to park." I nodded at the kid. "Mm... Jinhyun?" Suyun slowly sat up as her eyes opened. She didn't seem to notice me yet. "Noona! Yay! Boy name Jeongmin help noona wake up." Jinhyun pointed at me, and she turned. "Oh annyeong. Mianhae," she said shyly, facing me. "Aniyo, kwenchana. You're little brother told me what happened." "Oh arasso..." she looked like she was about to faint again. "Kim Suyun imnida, and this is Jinhyun." I smiled, "Ne I know. Lee Jeongmin imnida." "What boy say noona?" Jinhyun looked at her curiously. I laughed at the kiddo's curiosity.

 

Suyun's POV

 

I laugh with Jeongmin at Jinhyun as he stared blankly at me. I turn back to Jeongmin. "K-khamsamnida..." I weakly smile. "Ne. Omo, Suyun ah, do you want to be friends?" I looked at him weird. "N-ne? Hehe~ Arasso~" Jeongmin had a brighter smile on his face. So just like that, everyday after umma would finish yelling at me, I'd meet Jeongmin for the next 7 years.

 

No one's POV

 

As the three friends become closer over the years, both Suyun and Jeongmin grew to like each other, but only Jinhyun noticed that. When Suyun was 13 and Jeongmin was 15, Jeongmin had to leave.

 

Suyun's POV

 

"Bwoh? Wae? Where are you going?" I asked him as he looked away from me uneasily. "Suyun ah I don't want to go either, but I have to." he said. I looked down at my feet, then back at Jeongmin again. "But, you'll come back right?" He shook his head. "Aniyo... I can't, I'm gonna go to Starship. Will you watch me?" he looked back at me with hurt in his eyes. I took his hand and cupped it with both of mine. "Oppa of course I will!" A smile grew on his face, "Ne, that's good." he removed his hand from mine and cupped my face with it and rubbed my cheek with his thumb slightly.

 

Jeongmin's POV

 

"Mianhae Suyun ah I don't want to leave like this..." I said sadly, looking into her eyes that gathered tears. "Then don't! Don't go!" she said. "Jebal oppa... don't go..." a tear slid down from her eyes and it crashed into my hand. I could only smile a little for her. "Aniyo I have to. Suyun ah please understand..." She placed her hand ontop of mine that resting on her cheek and leaned into it. "...Arasso oppa." she finally gave up as more tears streamed down her cheeks. I wiped them away, then I reached into my pocket and pulled out two friendship rings. I slid it onto her pinky and mine on to my own.

 

Suyun's POV

 

"Oppa...?" I said, looking at the ring on my finger. It had "Jeongmin" engraved on it, and "Suyun" engraved on his. "Don't forget about me arasso?" he had a warm smile on his face when I looked at him. I nodded. He held out his pinky finger with the ring on it, "Promise?" I giggled at the kiddy promise and gladly linked my ringed finger with his. "Promise." He pulled me into a hug and we didn't pull away for a long time. The next day, oppa never came back to the park. It was just me and Jinhyun.

 

No one's POV

 

About 3 years later, Jeongmin made his debut with Boyfriend with their song Boyfriend. And Suyun did her best to gain access to the internet and watch Boyfriend, over and over, not knowing that Jeongmin thought of her every time he performed Boyfriend. Then when Suyun and Jinhyun ran away from home, from their umma, their destination was Seoul, where Jeongmin was. One day, when both siblings were by the Starship Entertainment building, they went to the park across the street.

 

Suyun's POV

 

Watching Jinhyun swing on the swings, I sat on the next swing, looking at my ring (wow that rhymed) and thought of Jeongmin. I sighed, thinking about how I never had the chance to tell him how I felt. Just then, a pair of arms came from behind me around my neck. The first thing I noticed was a ring with "Suyun" on it, and I turned quickly. "Annyeong, Suyun ah." "Oppa!" I hugged Jeongmin tightly as Jinhyun jumped off the swing. I started to cry again, reuniting with my best friend from so long ago.

 

Jeongmin's POV

 

I was so happy to see her again. I broke our hug and smiled at Suyun, wiping away her tears just as I did 3 years ago. But then Suyun wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me into a kiss. At first I was surprised, but I didn't care, I loved it. I loved Suyun. And she's here with me right now, and that's all I cared about (mian Jinhyun xD)