oneshot.

Sleepy

i warned you about the iness right?

 

 

They’re backstage right now, waiting for the noonas to strip them of sticky stage costumes and equipment so they can finally be free from today’s schedule. But the staff are rushed off their feet and there isn’t enough of them to cover all the different idols and groups. Only ten percent of Exo have been freed from costumes and mics, Tao and Baekhyun aren’t them. They however, have found a quiet corner amidst all the chaos. The tall Chinese leans against the wall, his eyes softly closed, losing himself in his own thoughts after a long and tiring day. Baekhyun is close at his side, practically falling asleep on the spot. Sometimes his head falls onto Tao’s arm but neither pay it any mind.

 

Tao opens his eyes to see what’s happening around them, to check if a noona has finally come around to them yet. His bandmates have spilt into two groups he can only describe as ‘sleepy’ and ‘chatty’. Their managers linger around the edges, a little pissed that things are taking so long. Tao sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. He can feel a headache coming on and he definitely does not want that. All he wants is to be tucked up in bed asleep, Baekhyun at his side optional. He’s no stranger to a late night (or is that early morning?) but this is getting a bit silly for a live stage that finished nearly an hour ago. Baekhyun has gripped his forearm with his long fingers and turns into the younger boy, nuzzling into the bit of his shoulder he can reach. Tao watches him with a fond smile and uses his right arm to wrap it around the singer’s shoulders in an attempt to pull him closer. Baekhyun mumbles sleepily, resembling a cat a little as he rubs his nose on the center of Tao’s chest trying to get comfortable.

 

Tao loves this about Baekhyun. The singer would probably never admit it but a sleepy Baekhyun is a clingy Baekhyun. And all for being clingy himself, Tao welcomes and reciprocates Baekhyun and his touches. As Tao shifts his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders, it gets tangled with his mic and the wires that are still attached to him. The younger quietly curses, tempted to tear the equipment off himself, but it’s expensive and he’d get into . Baekhyun sighs dreamily and Tao’s almost certain he’s fallen asleep.

 

“Stay in hyung’s bed tonight, okay?” Comes the muffled murmur from Tao’s chest. Tao hasn’t got the best ear for Korean right now because he’s pretty tired, so he can’t be sure if he heard him right, but he hums his agreement anyway. Truth be told, he kind of wanted to stay a bit longer and talk to Kris (or maybe Lu Han), but judging by the M leader’s state, he won’t be staying awake for much longer, let alone when they get back to the dorm. (The giant is staring at his phone vacantly as his eyes struggle to stay open.)

 

“Mmm, you’re a good panda,” Tao can feel his hyung smiles against him, his heart swells up. He smiles back goofily even though Baekhyun can’t see it. He smiles not only because he’s made his hyung happy, but because in the sleepy state he’s in, he’s ridiculously cute. His heart is about to burst because of it all.

 

Baekhyun moves his fingers down to Tao’s hips where they grip at the hem of his shirt. Jesus, he’s being too cute for his own good. The singer is so warm against him too. Now isn’t the time, Tao tells himself. Don’t taint this! It’s such a perfect moment and he doesn’t want it ruined by his pants. Tao rests his chin atop of Baekhyun’s hair, thankful that most of the gel and spray has been sweated out.

 

Tao,” Baekhyun breathes in a whine like a child. Tao’s heart leaps straight into his throat. “How much longer? I’m so tired.” Tao has it instilled within him to be a good dongsaeng and look after his hyungs (a concept that took him a while to come to terms with at first), and now is no different. He holds the shorter closer to himself, breathing in the smell of salty sweat, hairspray, and Baekhyun himself.

 

“Not long,” He says in hope. A noona has started on one of the members and Tao expects it won’t be long now until they can finally go home.

 

Baekhyun sighs into Tao’s large chest for the nth time. “You know I love you, right?”

 

Tao’s heart does a funny clenching, sinking thing that he rarely experiences. It makes him feel all too happy - makes him feels ridiculously emotional. He wonders if this feeling was love?

 

He nestles into Baekhyun’s hair lovingly in return. “Yeah. I love you too, hyung,” He says softly.

 

Tao spots Lu Han watching him for a moment before he smiles affectionately at the pair. Tao ignores him, he’s too busy feeling fluffy and being wrapped up in all that is Baekhyun. The singer turns a bit in his arms so he can see for himself what is going on and frowns at the lack of progress, before he looks up at the Chinese boy with eyes lidded in drowsiness. Despite the sleep clouded in his chocolate irses, Tao can see the vibrancy sparkling underneath.

 

“Ah… I really want to kiss you right now, Taozi.”

 

This is too much. He wants hold onto Baekhyun so tightly and never, ever, let go. He runs his hand through his hair gently, careful to avoid the wires. He debates whether or not they could get away with kissing but decides against it. Better to stay on the safe side.

 

“Me too,” He whispers, smiling faintly, staring back at Baekhyun in adoration.

 

At times like this, Tao starts to think about his place in the world and the grand scheme of things. Right now, he’s Chinese, in a pop boyband, in South Korea, in Seoul, with some of the most amazing people he’s ever met. One of them being in his arms right now. How did that happen? Baekhyun smiles brightly and his stomach does all sort of gymnastics. The elder then settles into his chest again with a contented sigh. Tao places his chin on top of his hyung’s head again (it belongs there really) and closes his eyes. Right now, he’s immensely happy.