One

The awaited date

His name was Kim Jong In. Everyone called him Kai. Kai was 21 and you were 19. You were in first year in university just moving into your new appartment when you saw him. He stayed next door. The moment you saw him you fell for him. Kai was a young man with a handsome face & charismatic personality. Kai had made a habit of smoking on his balcony, which you didn’t mind because you knew someday you were going to have enough courage to talk to him. You were so shy. One day you bought a pack of cigarettes, and started smoking, in hopes that he would talk to you, which soon after, he did.



Everyday after that you stood outside your balcony to talk to him. You are a decently shy person when it comes to men. You aren't awkward, but you're often referred to as being quiet. About 2 weeks into our balcony talks, he turns to go in his house, but before he could you stopped him and surprised yourself when you asked,”When can I ask you on a date?” You suddenly got quiet and flustered, mainly because never in a millions years would you say that to any man, but all you could think was that this man must be worth it. Kai laughed and said,”Whenever you want,” and walked into his house. You smiled and walked back to mine.



However, when you did officially ask him, he told you he wasn’t ready to date because he was in a relationship earlier that year and had to break it off due to their differences. You told him you understood, but he made a point of saying that just because he wasn’t ready that didn’t mean he wouldn’t be ready later on, and to not give up. You didn’t.

At times, you became frustrated because all you wanted was one date with this man. You knew that you would love him, if he just gave you the chance. But you had to wait, because you knew he was worth it, and good things come to those who wait. Three months went by, and you were slowly wearing him down with your charm, but he still came back with “patience is a virtue”, and promised you that you would some day have that one date with him.



You always felt bothersome, like maybe you should just take the hint that he doesn’t want a girl like you. You waited six months. Still, everyday you was outside his balcony talking about nothing for hours. As much you tried not to give up, he was the one slowly wearing you down. You walked into your apartment one day and saw that your phone had a message on it from Kai.


To: You
From: Kai
Message: I’ll always remember it, “I never felt like I was enough for anyone, but I know that i'm enough for you, and I’ll never stop appreciating you for that.”


It was the best feeling in the world to read that. We finally had a date set for our first date. It felt like the most important day of your life. You knew you were in love with him at that point, when one date meant the world to you.

He worked, about 45 minutes away from where we lived, at a private firm.  It was Wednesday and you noticed that his car wasn’t out in front of his apartment, but you didn’t think anything of it, until you got a call from his roommate Sehun saying you should meet Kai down in the firm where he worked in. You had a feeling in the pit of your stomach, something was wrong. On your way down, you had passed a terrible accident involving two vehicles and what you would find out later to be Kai’s car.



It was now Friday, two days after the accident, the day of our first date. Your heart felt as if it was melting, it hurt so bad. But you sat outside his balcony and waited for him just like you had for 6 months.
 

At his funeral, you had the pleasure of meeting his parents. When you told them who you were, Kai's mom smiled and looked at Mr.Kim,Kai's dad, and said, “This is her”. She told you to wait while she grabbed something. It was a letter Kai had written to her 6 months earlier. It was a letter about you. The last line read, “Mom, I’m going to marry this girl.”
 


You waited 6 months for one date with a man that you never got, and you would do it a thousand times again if you had the chance.



Hey guys, this is the first time I'm writing a fanfic...I want to give it a try wrinting one shots...hope you guys like it.....dont kill me for the not so happy ending....!!
The pictures doesnt belong to me...credit to the owners..:)