I'm in love

'I'm in love...'

‘So Wooyoung-ssi, you had an announcement to make.’ You watched the telly as you saw popular Idol Wooyoung from 2PM on a special live broadcast of Star King. ‘We’re all so anxious! Don’t make us wait any longer!’ The MC said and you were anxious too Wooyoung was your one true love. He hit perfect, well… perfectly.

‘Okay, I won’t wait any longer.’ He said smiling his usual smile that made your heartbeat increase. ‘I’m announcing that I am in love!’ He laughed.

The MC looked at the camera shocked. ‘Is that true Wooyoung-ssi?!’ He looked back to him.

Wooyoung nodded. ‘Yes,’

The MC’s face lit up. ‘Idol couple…’

Wooyoung shook his head. ‘She is a normal girl… she didn’t know I was famous when we first met each other!’ He laughed remembering everything that happened.

‘Tell us, tell us how you met!’ The MC took a seat as the show was now Wooyoung’s.

Wooyoung smiled to himself and nodded. ‘Okay, it all started in Japan. We were about to debut, extremely busy. But JYP saw we weren’t feeling it, so he let us have one day off, to do what we wanted… whether we rehearsed, went sightseeing or just stayed at the hotel relaxing it didn’t matter, as most of the guys rehearsed I really wanted to just get away… I got on a bus, and just rode it around Tokyo…’

Flashback Wooyoung’s POV:

I was enjoying it, it was relaxing I took everything in… the sights the people, how even strangers interacted… Then without noticing I fell asleep.

‘Excuse me…’ She spoke in Japanese, my Japanese was ruff… I was worried how to respond to her, I kept my eyes closed. ‘Excuse me… Sir?’ She carried on. She then poked me in the arm. What was the emergency I thought…

‘Yes?’ I said oh my bad Japanese…

‘This is the last stop…’ She said. I looked up and panicked seeing daylight had gone… I wasted my day completely!! ‘Are you okay sir?’ I looked at her, she was carrying a lot of books with Japanese language written on them.

‘Are you not Japanese?’ I pointed at the books.

‘Oh I’m not, you aren’t either?’ I shook my head at her. I was rather proud I knew more Japanese than I thought.

‘I’m Korean…’ I said hoping this situation could get less awkward. She was beautiful, a western beauty… I would say English? French? American even… Her hair was a light brown with bangs and she wasn’t too skinny like most girls, but neither was she big. She smiled lightly to me.

‘I know Korean.’ She said boldly in Korean. I was shocked.

‘Multi-lingual?’ I asked. ‘Amazing!’

She shook her head at me. ‘No, I’m a foreign language student; I’m learning Korean and Japanese.’ She then looked down the bus to an angry bus driver. ‘We should probably get off now…’ She said looking at me.

I nodded. ‘I’m sorry’ I shouted down to the irritated bus driver, but he just ignored me. After we got off she bowed to me and started walking away. I couldn’t just let her go so I caught up with her. ‘It’s late I’ll walk you home…’

‘It’s fine, it’s just around the corner.’ She said struggling with her books.

‘What a coincidence, my hotels around this corner…’ I looked around. ‘I think…’ I took some books from her and smiled.

She laughed at me. ‘What hotel are you staying at?’ She said stopping.

‘Hotel X,’ I said.

‘Me too.’ I looked at her puzzled but carried on. We walked slowly and quietly until she said, ‘why are you in Japan?’ Was she serious? She didn’t know who I was…

‘Business.’ I answered. I don’t know why I said that, though it’s technically true… ‘You?’ I asked.

‘For my studies of course…’ She smiled.

‘Where are you from?’ I asked, I wanted to know more about her.

‘England.’ She nodded. ‘I’m actually attending X University there… My course offers the 2ndyear to study abroad.’

I smiled at her. ‘Nice, I wish I had a chance to study in England.’ I thought through everything I ever learnt in English… But my vocabulary was short. ‘I want to learn better English.’ I said in English to her, she looked shocked.

‘You’re pronunciation is good!’ She put her thumbs up and dropped a book. Her pouting face was cute. As we got to the hotel she took her books and left me in the lobby. ‘My roommate will be worried.’ She said walking away.

It was late so I said. ‘Goodbye,’ she was at our hotel; I could see her again anytime... or so I thought. For the next few weeks, nothing… we debuted, sold thousands of albums, but all I could think of was her, finally I asked about her at the front desk of the hotel. ‘Excuse me, there’s a girl staying here…’

‘Yes Wooyoung-ssi,’ the Korean worker said bright eyed. ‘What’s her name?’

‘Well I don’t know…’ I answered. I never thought to ask her what her name was? She was like a gust of wind that flew by to quick. ‘She’s English, studies Japanese and Korean Language?’

‘Sorry Wooyoung-ssi, unless I have a name I can’t find out anything…’ She pouted. I really got anxious… was I dreaming everything? Was I going crazy?

‘Don’t worry.’ I told her. ‘It’s nothing important.’ Was I never going to see her again? I thought.

Then after returning to Seoul, we were on our way to start out promotions for Hands Up. And as we drove past Han River I called out. ‘Stop the van!’ Our manager did and I leapt out the van, ‘Sorry I’ll meet you later.’ I yelled running down the sidewalk towards what seemed to be a dream. I stopped only a few feet away. ‘Um… Excuse me?’ She turned to look at me with a camera pointing at my face.

‘Oh…’ She took a picture. I moved closer not seeing if it was the girl who had filled my head in one meeting. ‘Hi.’ She said informally as if she knew me.

‘Hi’ I said moving forward pulling the camera down from her face. I smiled seeing her beautiful face. ‘Hi…’ I said again knowing I was right.

She smiled back at me. ‘You’re in Korea!’ She said taking another picture of me. ‘How was your business in Japan?’ I stopped her and stared into her eyes.

‘I promised myself…’ I started. ‘I thought you were a dream… where did you go?’

‘I came back here?’ She said putting her camera away. ‘I’m studying here in Korea?’ She giggled. ‘That’s why my Korean is better than my Japanese…’

I grabbed her shoulders. ‘I thought you were a dream…’

‘Can a dream do this?’ She moved towards my face, I thought she was going to kiss me! Until her hands were there pinching my cheeks. She laughed again. I loved her laugh.

‘I promised myself, if you were real, if you weren’t a dream…’ I looked at her. She looked at me so innocently. ‘I would kiss you…’ Her eyes widened slightly, but she smiled instead. ‘I can’t stop thinking about you…’ I knew I was blushing but I didn’t care.

‘Me too…’ She looked down for the first time she stopped smiling. She became bashful and shy, she couldn’t look at me. I loved that side of her even more!

I leaned into her without thinking and kissed her. I could feel myself smiling in the kiss and as I pulled away she smiled. She picked up her camera and hid her face taking my photo again, though I could see her blush. I pulled the camera away from her face and I noticed people surrounding us. I took her hand and ran away towards the van where I explained everything and that was that…

End of Flashback Your POV:~

You smiled as he retold your story, he remembered every detail. It was the day before you had to leave so you were glad he made your relationship public… Wooyoung then got up and came away from his seat your eyes widened at his movement curious about what he was doing. He pulled his phone out and put it to his ear. You titled your head and then jumped out of your skin when your phone rang next to you.

Caller ID: Wooyoung-oppa

You picked up ‘Wooyoung-oppa?’

‘Ne? Are you watching?’ You nodded then remembered he couldn’t see you, you could only see him. He smiled at the TV as if he was looking right at you.

‘Yeah, I’m watching…’ You said smiling back.

‘Good…’ He looked to the MC and the camera followed showing the MC sat on the floor shocked at Wooyoung. ‘___~ah… Will you marry me?’