Ch 2

A mind has DIED

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You didn’t eat well lately. Aren’t you?”

 

 

 

 

I nodded, “Don’t have any appetite.”

 

 

 

 

He sighed, “At least you must eat something even though you aren’t hungry.”

 

 

 

 

 

I said nothing.

 

 

 

 

 

“Turn your body and lift your shirt.”

 

 

 

 

 

I followed and did what he said.

 

 

 

 

 

He sighed, “Is the itching still bothering you?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Not really.” I shrugged off and turned back to see his face.

 

 

 

 

 

“Did you eat the medicine I gave to you a month ago?” He narrowed his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

“Sometimes I ate sometimes I didn’t, depends on my mood. The taste is really horrible.” I replied as if it just a trivial matter while put my shoes.

 

 

 

 

“Where are you going?” He asked when I finished it.

 

 

 

 

“Is my uniform transparent?” I asked back and pick up my bag.

 

 

 

 

“You can’t go to school today, you need a rest.” He grabbed my wrist when I was about to leave.

 

 

 

 

 

“I have a test.” I simply said.

 

 

 

 

 

He shook his head, “I will call your Dad and let he tells your teacher to give the test after you have a good condition.”

 

 

 

 

 

“I don’t wanna do the test alone.”

 

 

 

 

 

“You are better listen to me, Soojung.”

 

 

 

 

 

I looked at him directly, “And you better stop controlling my life, Minho.” I felt he loose his grip from my wrist and without thinking I left him.

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

“Hey..Soojung…Soojung-ah” I felt someone tugged my skirt and whispered.

 

 

 

 

 

I turned to the right, saw my best friend, Sulli. “Yes?”

 

 

 

 

 

“How was the test?”

 

 

 

 

 

“The test was okay, how about you?”

 

 

 

 

 

“So you understand question 2? I couldn’t finish question 2, may you teach me after school? Ugh! I am afraid that kind of question would be out in the final exam.” She said while begging me.

 

 

 

 

 

“Sure. Why not?” I smiled to her.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yay! Thankyou so much, Soojung-ah!!” She hugged me.

 

 

 

 

 

After she broke the hug, she continued, “by the way, you look so pale and you are sweating..Are you okay? Do you want to go infirmary?” She asked worriedly.

 

 

 

 

 

I keep smiling, “I’m fine. Don’t worry.”

 

 

 

“But—“

 

 

 

 

 

“Sulli, I am really fine.” I gave her my assured smiled. When she was about to talk something again, I immediately turned my face in the other direction. Unfortunately, I see Amber with her girlfriend sit together and do lovey-dovey. I feel my heart hurt, I fisted my left palm into ball and avoid the view to the window when I was staring first.

 

 

 

…Flashback

 

I hugged her from behind, “Amber..I love you..”

 

I confessed and I was crying harder. I knew she got surprised, I could feel her body became stiff.

 

“W-what did you say?” She turned around to face me.

 

“I said I love you! I love you, Amber!”

 

It took a few minutes then she released my arms around her waist, “Soojung-ah, I can’t. I just love you as my sister. Not more than that..Beside I love someone else already.” She said while I kept sobbing.

 

 

“Please..Amber..Don’t..Don’t leave me..”

 

 

She cupped my face, “I never left you,Soojung. I love you. But my love for you isn’t like lovers, I love you as my family, as my sister.”

 

 

I shook my head, “why? Why can’t you love me more than that?! Am I not good enough for you…?”

 

 

“No..You are more than enough for me, perfect instead.” She wiped my tears.

 

“Then why!? Why can’t you love me? Amber…Please…”I clenched her shirt.

 

 

“Who say I don’t love you? I love you, Soojung. You are my family for me.”

 

 

“No..no..no! Please Amber..I love you so much that until I can’t see everytime I saw you with other girls, chatting with them and you know that I hate it!!”

 

 

“Soojung..”

 

 

“Amber..I love you..I really do..Can’t you give me a chance?” I sobbed.

 

 

“I am sorry..I really am..I can’t do that..As I said..I assume you as my sister, Soojung-ah.“ She said and tried to let go my face.

 

 

I shook my head rapidly, “no..no..no.. don’t leave me, Amber..Please!” I hugged her tightly as if I don’t want let her go.

 

 

“I understand..I won’t force you..But please..Don’t leave me, Am..” I cried on her chest, at the first she still stood silently then not waiting long I felt she hugged me back. I don’t care if I am selfish or what, but I can promise it is more hard for me if she leaves me.

 

“I love you so much.” I whispered and she didn’t reply, I knew the answer she would give to me. We stayed like that for quite long. 

 

 

End of Flashback...

 

 

 

 

My eyes burnt when the moment at that time suddenly passed my mind; I was into fight with Amber when I didn’t realize that I was dragging her to the rooftop because I got angry when a girl kissed her cheek and what made me more angry was Amber didn’t push the girl. I cried in front of her for the first time, I hit her when she was about to comfort me by a hug. She asked me what was wrong and approached me again, I pushed her so hard instead which that made her angry too. She was about to leave, I hugged her from behind and there was my life started to suffer. Sometimes, I regret what I have done. If I didn’t confess or angry at the time, maybe, we still playing around, joking around, she would accompany me to shopping, lifting my shopping bags without any complaints, bought me whatever I wanted, calling me princess with her dorky smiled. I miss you stupid..

 

 

“Krystal.”

 

“Krystal Jung.”

 

“Krystal Jung!!” I snapped when the teacher called my name.

 

 

 

 

“Ye-yeah?”

 

 

 

 

I could see her face really mad and all eyes on me including Amber with her girlfriend, “It is not the first time neither the second time. Go out!”

 

 

 

 

I sighed and just did whatever she said.

 

 

 

 

 

When I already at outside, I leaned against the wall, students in the hallway were staring at me. I just closed my eyes and didn’t care by those eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

“Soojung?” I heard someone called my name.

 

 

 

 

 

I slowly opened my eyes, “hi Suho.” I gave him a faint smile.

 

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing here?” He asked.

 

 

 

 

 

I just pointed my class room, then he took a peek in the classroom, then he understood, “She again?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Well yeah..” I nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

Then I felt my body weak, and don’t know it is already how many times I was about fall down, luckily he caught me by putting his arms around my shoulder, “Are you okay?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Just feel tired, don’t worry. Thanks by the way.”

 

 

 

 

 

After that, we surprised by the door of my classroom opened, the person that I love so much showed up in front of me. I immediately stood up straightly although I still feel my knees weak and pulled my body from Suho so his arms would let go from my shoulder.

 

 

 

 

 

“Am—Amber” I stuttered. That feeling still strong enough and it makes me hard to say something.

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh hi Soojung and Suho? Suho right?” She asked.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes. Suho.” Suho replied and smiled to her.

 

 

 

 

 

She smiled, “sorry, I am too old already.”

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing, Amber?” I didn’t know but I was expecting if she wanted to check me up if I am okay.

 

 

 

 

“Oh, I need to pee.” She made a funny face as if she couldn’t hold anymore. I felt sad actually with her real reason but I tried to smile brightly.

 

 

 

 

 

I nodded, “you should go now before your pants wet because you can’t hold anymore.” I stuck out my tongue to her and she just chuckled.

 

 

 

 

 

“Alright. I go first. See you later.” She said and ran away from there.

 

 

 

 

 

No shadow of her in my sight anymore, I fainted. I could hear Suho keep calling my name with his worry face.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Triple updates!! Cheers!!