Teaching

Operation: Park Chanyeol!

Teaching
“Teach me how to love a person properly. That way he’ll be happy and that way, he won’t leave me.”

 


 

“Excuse me, may I ask you something?”

“You’re already asking me. What is it?”

“Can you get out of the way? Because I don’t like the idea of being pinned on a locker?” Sehun looks at the guy who’s currently pinning him on the lockers, the guy’s hands beside both sides of his head. “And would you mind explaining why you’re doing this?” Sehun added.

The guy with heavy eye bags answered with a chuckle. “Oh, I like you. That’s why?”

Sehun mentally face palms once again. Oh great, another one.

“I’m sorry, but I’m taken—“

“Sorry, I’m not good at Korean. I do not know what taken is.” The guy said, still staying on the same position. They’ve been standing there for quite some time now, Sehun is getting tired.

“And I think you don’t know what personal space is either?” Sehun blinked as he tried, for the nth time, to push the guy away. For the others passing by, it might look like the guy is forcing Sehun for a kiss, but in reality, it was just… Nothing much, really.

“I like skin ship.” The guy says randomly, smiling.

“Oh, isn’t that wonderful?” Sehun said sarcastically. “Wow, okay. Can you let me go now? I have classes to attend to.”

The guy’s smile widens just a little bit, to creep Sehun out. “Let’s go to class together.” He said in broken Korean. It was a little hard to understand.

“Well, okay. If that would make me get my personal space back, then alright.” Sehun shrugs and sighs in relief when the guy finally pulls away. Sehun walks into class with the guy following closely beside him. At least he wasn’t pinning him to the wall with their lips almost like two inches away.

In class, that’s where he finds out that this guy who doesn’t know personal space came from China. And that explains the broken Korean. They have the same age, the guy a few years older than him. He really has heavy eye bags and his name is Huang Zi Tao. Senior Wu Fan, Senior Joonmyeon’s friend, whom is Baekhyun’s cousin, is his friend.

He also has a piercing gaze and if looks could kill, everyone in his class would have died in a horrible death right now.

 

“Hey, Park Chanyeol!”

“He’s there again isn’t he?” Jongin groans as he covers his face with a newspaper, trying to hide their faces from Baekhyun.

“Yeah, but I think this is going to be fun.” Chanyeol mumbles and nods, smirking. “It’s not like he could beat me or something, right?”

“Yeah, you have a point. But please—“

“Thanks Kyungsoo, for the bubble tea.” Baekhyun said, and Jongin immediately throws the newspaper away. He sits properly, trying to act cool with an awkward smile. He looks at Kyungsoo and smiles wider.

“Hello, Kyungsoo!”

Kyungsoo blinks at him and hands Baekhyun the bubble tea he bought for the two of them. “How did you know my name?”

Jongin froze in the spot and Chanyeol looks at him with the ‘what-are-you-gonna-do-now’ look. “W-well…”

And there was a sudden awkward silence.

“I-I gotta go now, nature is calling me.” Jongin laughs nervously before running away in embarrassment.

“What was that all about?” Kyungsoo blinks. He walks away aimlessly, looking around dreamily.

“Uh…” Baekhyun blinks and watches Jongin and Kyungsoo walk away. “L-let’s go back to the real deal. Park Chanyeol—“

“What?” Chanyeol looks at him with the scariest look he could pull off without laughing, and stares.

Baekhyun freezes a bit at the deadly gaze and tenses up. He bit his lower lip to hide his cowardness and tries to act brave and tough. He tries to calm his shoulders down because it’s going way up in nervousness. “I-if you don’t let go of Sehun, I’m going to have to use brute force!”

“Brute force?” Chanyeol smirks before bursting into laughter. Baekhyun looks at him, expecting a fight or something, but here he is, watching Chanyeol laugh. “Oh my goodness, you’re such a funny guy. Do you expect yourself to win?”

This made Baekhyun feel offended. He huffs madly and burrows his eyebrows, looking at Chanyeol. “So you’re saying that I can’t win?”

“Well, yeah. It’s a fact actually.” Chanyeol shrugged calmly, chuckling sarcastically.

“What if I do win?” Baekhyun crosses his arms over his chest, looking at Sehun with determination. “You do know that all you cause to Sehun is pain right? And we’re not fighting with strength. We’re fighting with heart.” Baekhyun smiled, already feeling victory.

Chanyeol scoffed. “I don’t care about what you think or what you say. I have my own rules on how to make Sehun happy, and stop interfering in our relationship.”

“But Sehun is the one who approaches me. Sehun needs me, not you.” Baekhyun smiles at Chanyeol. “Look, if you just make Sehun happy, if you could just let him go and choose his happiness, then you’ll win. Can’t you see Chanyeol? You’re hurting him emotionally.”

Chanyeol stares at Baekhyun for a while, a strange feeling in his heart.

“Nope.”

 

“He’s never gonna let Sehun go by my words.” Baekhyun groans softly as he gathers his things on the table and puts them back in his bag, Kyungsoo doing the same. They stayed in the classroom for some extra study time since midterms are coming.

Kyungsoo looks at him, adjusting the strap of his bag. It was too loose for his liking. It looked like he was hiding his . Some pranksters might have adjusted it while he was away. “Continue trying. And have you seen Ryeowook sunbae?”

“Yeah, of course I won’t give up. And no, I think he’s gone home already.” Baekhyun smiles and carries his bag, waiting for Kyungsoo to get finished.

“This bag is hard to adjust. I think you should go first, I’m gonna fix my locker too and go to Ryeowook sunbae’s house for vocal practice.” Kyungsoo looks at Baekhyun, smiling.

“Well, okay. I gotta go home early.” Baekhyun chuckles and hurries outside. “Bye, Kyungie!”

“Take care, Baekhyun. If you bump into a Chanyeol, remember your motivational words. Move his heart!” Kyungsoo said as he carried his bag and walked to his locker, not even looking at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun just shrugs at what Kyungsoo said and walks away. On his walk, he bumps into a pouting Jongin. Jongin looks at him and suddenly brightens up, too bright that Baekhyun wanted to wear sunglasses.

“Have you seen Kyungsoo?” Jongin asked, holding Baekhyun on both of his shoulders.

“Yeah, he’s at the classroom. But I think he left now? He said he’s going to Ryeowook sunbae’s house for vocal practice.” Baekhyun answered.

Jongin’s bright mood suddenly turned into a gloomy one, practically creating dark swirly things around him. “I’m never gonna win against Ryeowook sunbae…”

Baekhyun knows that Jongin likes Kyungsoo a lot; it’s pretty obvious because he turns into a tensed Jongin whenever Kyungsoo’s around.

“Cheer up!” Baekhyun tries to brighten up Jongin’s mood with a smile. “He said he’ll fix his locker first before going to Ryeowook sunbae. You might still catch him there!”

Jongin looks at him with a glint of hope in his eyes. His eyes were practically shining in hope actually. “Really? Thanks a lot Baekhyun! Bye!” He said as he ran to their classroom’s direction.

“Well, uh, welcome.” He said to—It was meant for Jongin but he ran as fast as he can, that Baekhyun wasn’t able to say a proper welcome. He shrugs and continues walking, then stops abruptly when a group of girls block his way.

“Excuse me,” One of the girls said, and they were holding a big cardboard with a name of Jongin on it with poorly drawn pictures of him. “Have you seen Jongin oppa? We saw him walk this way.”

And being the good friend he is, he points to a different direction and all the fangirls ran away, chanting Jongin’s name. Baekhyun blinks and shrugs again. “What am I, the lost and found?”

He groans softly as another person taps his shoulder. He looks at the person and realizes it was Joonmyeon. “Are you going to ask me for someone too, no, I didn’t see him or her or whatever you’re gonna say I am not the lost and found.”

Joonmyeon blinks at him.

“Actually, I was gonna invite you over my family’s rest house after the promenade.”

“Oh.”

“So?”

“Yeah, of course, sure!” Baekhyun suddenly brightens up. “I’d love to join!”

“I’m expecting you there, alright?” Joonmyeon smiled and pats Baekhyun’s head gently. “By the way, have you seen—“

And Baekhyun walks away.

Then hits a wall.

Actually it wasn’t a wall, it was a very evil wall named Park Chanyeol. This wall was very evil, the most evil wall of all walls.

“Watch where you’re walking.” Chanyeol said, glaring at Baekhyun.

“I-it wasn’t my fault! You’re standing on the way like a freaking wall—“

“Teach me.” Chanyeol suddenly cuts him off. Baekhyun looks up at him with a puzzled look.

“What?”

Chanyeol groans softly, trying to swallow his pride. “I said, teach me. Don’t make me repeat that again or I am gonna punch—“

“Okay, okay. Uh, teach you what?”

“Teach me how to love a person properly. That way he’ll be happy and that way, he won’t leave me.”