Let The Battle Begin

Operation: Park Chanyeol!

Let The Battle Begin
"Maybe Baekhyun could do it, he could if tries hard enough."

~*~

Baekhyun excused himself for a bathroom emergency, and as he stepped out the classroom, he stretched his arms upward with a small sigh of relief. His brain was commanding his body to once again sleep on Biology class and he needed to walk around a little to stay awake.

It wasn’t really a problem to skip class, and the teachers don’t even care even if they knew Baekhyun wasn’t really out for bathroom or whatever emergency he had as an excuse.

Baekhyun is one of the top students in the whole academy and his intelligence ‘isn’t even normal anymore’, said the other students.

He spends most of his time stuffing his face into thick books that normal people would classify as ‘boring’ and he could answer the questions asked by his teachers from lessons that weren’t even tackled yet.

Sometimes, his best friend Kyungsoo would often complain of how he had no time for the other and he would always tell him, ‘because I know you’d understand’ and Kyungsoo does understand. He does. With his wide, observative eyes, he understands everything because he just does.

But somehow, it’s different now.

He had someone with him by his side, and this person is Oh Sehun.

He is a year younger than Baekhyun, and he’s definitely a whole lot taller than the latter. Baekhyun somehow finds time to interact with Sehun than with Kyungsoo, which makes the said friend a little pouty. Baekhyun also finds himself falling into Sehun’s shy but secretly evil smiles and his eyes that can turn into crescents.

But Sehun is not for him, but for another guy he’s with. And Baekhyun might be fine with this. Might be.

He almost forgets to go back to class, and when he does a move to go, he sees a familiar figure sitting on the stairways, back hunched uncomfortably with his face buried in his palm. His back was shaking and Baekhyun knew he was crying.

He hurriedly walks over the figure and sat beside him, worry written all over his face. “What’s wrong, Sehunnie? Why are you crying?” He asked as he wrapped an arm around the younger’s shoulder, eyes glinting with worry.

When he didn’t receive an answer, he knew. He just knew.

“Was it because of him again?”

Sehun finally looked up at him, his eyes a little puffy from crying. He lets out a choked sob and wraps his arms around Baekhyun, pulling him closer. “Thanks for being here, hyung. And I’m sorry if I’m always not around—“

“You don’t have to worry about that,” Baekhyun chuckled softly as he gently pats Sehun’s back as an action of comfort. He didn’t deserve to be crying this much, and that guy definitely doesn’t deserve the younger’s tears. “It’s alright. I really understand.”

“Just, don’t mind me hyung.” Sehun smiled softly and made a move to wipe his tears with the back of his hand, pulling his hands away from Baekhyun.

“How could I not mind if your eyes are almost popping out from crying, hmm?” Baekhyun‘s smile turns into a frown as he stared into Sehun’s eyes, and he could see the sadness in the other’s eyes and it makes his heart break.

Sehun looks back into Baekhyun’s eyes and Baekhyun could be lost into those brown eyes that he’s grown fond of. “Let’s run away,” Sehun lets out a sigh and pursed his lips into a thin line. “From Chanyeol. I can’t—I don’t want to be with him anymore. All he brings me is hurt and pain.”

“He hurts you? How could he do that to you?” Baekhyun frowns even more, with an expression even he himself couldn’t understand.

“No—I mean not physically or something. He couldn’t do that.” Sehun nods then shakes his head, probably looking for the right words to say. “He just couldn’t understand anything I say and it drives me crazy. He’s too selfish.”

Baekhyun looks at Sehun with determination, and Sehun knows what’s going on around his mind. Sehun holds the former’s hand and gave it a gently squeeze. “Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure Sehun. I’ll fight for you.”

Sehun leans closer for a quick peck on the lips, when a group of students singing off-tune and weird songs while dancing pass by and walk down the stairs. Sehun immediately pulls away with a small blush and clears his throat softly.

“Yeah, sorry about that.” Sehun laughed sheepishly and stood up. Baekhyun laughed as well and looked up at him, smiling. “Let’s go?” The younger reaches out his hand for Baekhyun to grab and the latter does, standing up with Sehun’s help.

Maybe Baekhyun could do it, he could if tries hard enough.

 

 

“Mr. Park,” The teacher called, irritated as he was (once again) interrupted by Chanyeol’s sudden entrance in the classroom. “You’re late, once again. Mind telling us the reason why?

“I was too caught up by sleeping,” Chanyeol shrugged as he walked to his seat, not even minding to look at the teacher in front. He even looks annoyed as he drops his bag onto his seat with a loud thud. “I didn’t notice I was oversleeping.”

“You are such a disgrace to your family, Mr. Park.” The teacher whispered as he shook his head. Chanyeol looked at him and spared a glare. It was a waste of energy, really. He’s too used to all his teachers hating him for his attitude. It’s not like they could kick him out because he’s the son of the school’s owner anyway.

Chanyeol was one of those kinds of rich- kids that don’t care about anyone. Has no social status, bratty— But he was in love. Surprisingly.

He doesn’t know if it’s love or frustration. He was a teenager; he had needs for Krisus’ sake. And his partner isn’t giving it to him.

He knows his hot and girls are head-over-heels for him. But he doesn’t go with those clingy monkeys, he goes with cute boys and he thinks it’s weird so he keeps it a secret. Sehun could be called a cute boy, but, well… Yeah he is. But there’s just something that keeps Sehun manly, too manly for Chanyeol’s liking.

“Hey,” Jongin, his one and only friend, called from the window. He was a sophomore, so he wasn’t supposed to be on the juniors’ floor.

“What do you want again, dumb ?” Chanyeol said and groans softly as looked back, narrowing his eyes at Jongin.

“Guess what?”

“What? You burned your or something?”

“Stupid. Kyungsoo looked at me today and smiled at me. It was awesome! His eyes were so big and his smile was definitely captivating—“

“You mean his was captivating.”

“Well, that’s true but I was talking about his smile—“

“Just shut up for a moment, you’re going to earn us detention you idiot—“

“Mind sharing us what you’re talking about, Mr. Park and Mr. Kim?”

Damn, they always hated the way that teacher always calls them by their last names.

 

It was detention time for Jongin and Chanyeol. Even though they had different year levels, the teacher decided to just put them together since it takes a lot of energy to take Jongin away when he has something to say. Really.

“See, Jongin. You ing earned us detention. I was going to Sehun after class but you—“

“Stop whining about it! You sound like an over attached—“

“Oh, so I’m the over attached one? Look who’s all mushy-wushy over Kyungsoo’s —“

“It wasn’t his ! It was his smile! Shut up, he doesn’t like erts.” Jongin jutted out his lower lip for a pout.

Chanyeol makes a disgusted face and throws a crumpled paper at Jongin’s face. “Please don’t try to make that face again; I think I’m going to throw up. And did you say he doesn’t like erts? So that’s why he doesn’t like you.” He said, in a matter-of-fact way. And Jongin wants to pout more because of that.

“Why are you so mean to me, you devil?” Jongin whined softly as he picked up the crumpled paper that landed on his lap, and throws it back to Chanyeol, who dodges it swiftly. “I hate you.”

“But you still love me.” Chanyeol chuckled as he carried his bag and stood up.

“And where are you going?” Jongin raised an eyebrow, though he did the same.

“Escape,” Chanyeol grins and winks at Jongin. Jongin laughs.

“Escape it is, then.”

 

 


“Park Chanyeol!”

Chanyeol and Jongin looks back to see where the loud voice came from. They saw Baekhyun standing from a distance, his hands clenched tightly into fists with a mixed expression of fright and determination.

“I—I challenge you to a battle!”

“What?” Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, annoyed. “What are you talking about?” Jongin looks up at Chanyeol and continued to chew on his beef jerky.

“S-Sehun is mine! And even if his currently yours, I’m going to make him mine because you—“ He stops to swallow. “You don’t deserve him at all, you mean giant!”

“I thought that Baekhyun was a nice guy? What’s up with this?” Jongin mumbled to Chanyeol and rubbed his nape, feeling a bit awkward because what was he even supposed to be doing there. Was he like Chanyeol’s apprentice in the battle or something?

Chanyeol fixed his posture, straightening his back as he looked at Baekhyun with an eyebrow raised, amused. He could practically hear the shaking of Baekhyun’s voice, and this is going to be fun.

“Sure, let the battle begin.” He said with a smirk.

 


 

A/N: Yeah, be used to the short updates.
I update everyday though, and if I'm
on the mood, I update twice or thrice
a day. So yeah, thanks ;u;