Same Old Different Day

Same Old Different Day

So, what if you talk first?
Well it’s okay if I talk first
May be its little too early to say that I love you
I haven’t found a reason to hide
Shall we begin
?

¬×⌐

It is always during the days when end of spring is coming that Donghyun loves to go outside with his camera. Those are the days he enjoys the weather most, sunny but not too hot. He held his camera to his face and, click. He took a picture of the kids playing all smiles at the park near a restaurant, stolen shots are the most real one.

Well, there’s another reason why he was out today, specific reason to be honest. He pats his pocket and tries to keep his face neutral but failed miserably at that. The feel of the small box inside his pocket makes him a little too giddy.

He scans the place through the lenses and let out a small surprised yelp when suddenly a Pororo’s face pop in front of him. He puts his camera down and smiles at the mascot who gives him a balloon with a ‘Please visit us at Pororo Cafe! Thank you!’ He smiles again and gets back on what he was doing when another head pops out of nowhere, though this time, he recognizes her.

"Took me long enough to find you today!"

He panics. Damn what if she was following me when I entered a-

"And oh, you went to a jewelry store, why?"

Donghyun curses in his mind. This is supposed to happen later but screw it. “I bought something, obviously.”

A cute scowl formed on her face, “What did you bought then?”

"Why do you want to know?" He answers while fishing for the box in his pocket.

The scowl she’s giving him turns into a glare, “What kind of question is that? Did you forgot I’m your girlfriend? Of course I have a right to know!”

"Well, I don’t want you to be my girlfriend anymore."

The glare is now an unbelieving stare and her shoulders slumped a little. Donghyun feels a little sad but continues anyway.

He opens the box and places it in front of him for her to see, he kneels, ground a little rough and hot because of the sun but that won’t stop him though.

"Be my wife?"

 

¬×⌐

 

 

All mascot suits are hot and Hakyeon is glad it’s break time, he strips off from the suit and plops himself on the couch near the cafe’s kitchen for employees. He wondered why he took this job just to—

"Tired already?"

"Eunyoung-ah.. Please give me a water. Please. Please." He pleaded and put on his best i’m-a-cute-puppy-so-you-give-me-what-i-want look.

"Let me think," Eunyoung tilts her head on her right. "No. You get back to work now or I’ll tell dad to get you fired."

"Eunyoung-ah! I promise I won’t do that again! Someone just asked me to give a flower to her! I’m telling the truth! Don’t be so harsh. Eunyoung-ah!"

She hears Hakyeon’s pleading from the kitchen and sighs, grabs a bottle of cold water and walks back, “Catch!”

Hakyeon poorly managed to catch the bottle before grinning up at her, “Thanks—”

"We’re not back in good terms yet so you better work after you drink that." She said and went back to cashier with a satisfied smirk on how sorry Hakyeon looked, "Hello! What can I serve you miss?"

 

¬×⌐

 

"I’ll take strawberry smoothie. Large."

"Is all?" the cashier gives her another friendly smile.

"Yes. Nothing more." She answers and returns the smile.

She pays and the cashier gave her a number stand and asked her to sit on one of the chairs while waiting for her order.

"Bomi?"

”..Hi.”

”..Hi..H-How have you been?”

She thinks that her eyes is making fun of her but no, Howon is real. “..Good. You?”

”..I’m good. It’s nice to see you. Again.”

”..Yeah.”

They stare at each other for awhile before bursting out laughing at how silly they got to meet each other.

"That’s really embarrasing."

"Yeah. Fighting for the last Cheesecake is embarrasing."

"But my mom said it’s awesome we came to the idea of splitting it to half." She says still giggling.

"Yeah? My mom thinks so too. You think they would love to meet?"

"Probably."

Her drink arrives with the waiter saying ‘enjoy your drink ma’am!’ and they wait for Howon’s drink to arrive before standing up.

"Uhm. Hey Bomi?"

"Hm?"

"Are you in a hurry?"

"No. Not really."

Howon seems to ponder for a moment, “Want to take a walk?”

Bomi smiles.

 

¬×⌐

 

"Enjoy your drink ma’am!" Jonghyun said and went back to the employees room to change back on his school uniform. Shift is over and time to go to school.

He waves goodbye to the other employees and give Hakyeon a tap on its slumped shoulder with a ‘don’t give up, dude.’

He rides on his bike and rode down, waits until he can cross the street and stops at the vending machine to grab any carbonated drink.

But the girl is taking a lot of time.

"Excuse me? Aren’t you done yet?" He said, not pleased at how he sound so irritated.

"I-I’m sorry, I haven’t used this before."

He stares at the girl in front of him and wonders if he should laugh at her or pity her. He didn’t chose one though. “What do you want to get?” He asked, instead.

The girl pointed at the carton of Banana milk. He walks, shoving ever so slightly the girl so he can press the machine after putting his money, he gets her milk and his grape soda.

"Here. That’s free."

"Eh?"

He laughs and that is when he noticed they have the same uniform. “Are you going for an afternoon class?”

The girl nods while sipping on her milk.

"Get on."

She stares at him for a while and Jonghyun thinks its cute that she blinks while probably analyzing what he just said then sitting on the bike on the back without any word.

They got in school on time though they almost fall from his bike when he halts abrubtly because of the dog that had suddenly cross before them.

"I’m Jonghyun by the way." He says as he parks his bike.

"It’s Junhee. Thank you for the milk Jonghyun-ssi." And she smiles. And he probably blushed.

 

¬×⌐

 

"You almost got those kids in an accident you ball of fluff!" Seohyun sweetly scolds her dog for suddenly hopping out of her grip to chase a football the kids had thrown in the wrong way.

The first visit to her new vet was supposed to be yesterday but the intern had said the doctor had just moved in (just like her) so here she is today, walking up the stairs to meet the doctor.

She knocks softly and opens the door when she heard an approval.

"Hi."

"Hi—Seohyun?"

”..Kyuhyun.”

The doctor—Kyuhyun, started the check up quitely and Seohyun stays on her seat, fiddling with her fingers.

"How.. have you been?" Kyuhyun asks.

"Fine. You?"

"Good."

Seohyun just hums in acknowledgement.

"How long has it been?" Kyuhyun asks more to himself, "Six?"

"Close to."

"Hm. Did it go well with him?"

Seohyun can’t help tearing up a little, “..I’m sorry I chose him. I’m really, really sorry. I missed you.”

Kyuhyun didn’t even spare her so much of a glance. He continues on scribbling on his notes. Finally, looks up after what, say eternity, and hands Seohyun a paper.

The words scribbled in the paper says about walking her dog more, give it more bath especially summer is coming and some dog food reccomendations. Written on the bottom is an important! with an arrow which she assume is directing her to turn the paper on its back.

Early dinner? (~*^*)~ i miss you too! ♥ ♥ ♥

Seohyun laughs. Kyuhyun and his ugly emoticons.

 

¬×⌐

 

"I'll have my dinner, Jinyoung-ah." His new senior doctor told him while he passed by him at his desk.

"Have a good meal Kyuhyun-hyung ." He says and knows his senior will probably have one.

He gets back on working on the files that is assigned to him. The abandoned dogs are getting larger in number and it somehow worries him. The one who Sandeul told him willing to adopt a dog from their institute supposed to come early today but its already a liitle late.

Few minutes later, a  girl about his age  entered and her eyes are scanning the room until her eyes found his desk.

"uhm.. Hi.." the greets him unsurely.

"Hello. Anything I can do for you?"

"I'm.. Sandeul's friend? Perhaps you're Jinyoung? He said he's the one at the assistance desk."

"Yes. I am Jinyoung, and you are?"

"Yeowon. Sorry for being a little late."

"Hi. I think we can visit them now if you want to."

"You.. kind of look busy."

No. It's fine. I've been waiting for you all day actually." Smooth Jinyoung. You sound close to a stalker. "I don't usually sound creepy."

"It's alright." Yeowon laughs a little, "so, can we?"

"Sure."

Jinyoung grabs an apple and thought better of it, so he grabs two.

"Apple?"

"Oh. Thank you."

They made their way to the cages and Jinyoung watches as Yeowon coos every dog they passes by as he tells her their stories. He watches her as she bites off little pieces of her own apple and feed it to the puppies.

"They could bite you."

"Well.. it'll hurt but I'm pretty sure you guys injected them anti-rabies."

"Smart."

Yeowon just laughs. "Can I volunteer here?"

Jinyoung was a little taken aback and a little breathless, "Of course."

Later, as he was closing the shop together with Yeowon, which he's not sure how happened (maybe because of the chat they had or that he offered her a coffee at the new cafe nearby at some point), "Uhm.. See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah." Yeowon smiles and waves at him.

"Yeowon-ssi."

"Hm?"

Jinyoung ended taking Yeowon home and may or may not do it the next day.