Memoir 5: What Ifs

Come Back Home

Mnemonics:

Caste system – a caste system is a class structure that is determined by birth. Loosely, it means that in some societies, if your parents are poor, you're going to be poor, too. Same goes for being rich, if you're a glass-half-full person.
End Town
the name of the space before the wall ends. This is where common people who can only afford to pay minimum taxes are allocated.
Ender’s Lungs – a disease that is caused by an airborne virus, it is from outside the walls of South Korea. The incubation of the virus in the body progress in a high speed rate, causing the infected to have a rise in body temperature, weakened respiratory system that eventually shuts down the lungs that in most cases death arrives within 24 hours.
Security and Justice – also known as SJ, the government military soldiers.
Priori – it is a legal organization of trained assassins established by the president himself.
Mid City – the province before the city, middle class individuals live here. It is a peaceful environment where public schools and hospitals (JYP) are established.
Big Hit – the only gaming company who has not shut down after the war.

 

 

Live on.

CL is perfect to the eyes of those who do not know Lee Chaerin. But the name itself is the past and into which people, normal human beings such as herself no matter how much she question her own humanity, moves forward with hints of looking back though she vowed not to.

There are still remnants of pain in her middle left chest and her eyes are a little more squinted than usual, and she looks horrible. A casualty of the storm with her mascara flooded on its black ink down to her cheeks reaching her neck, she looked like some sort of a clown, one that belongs to horror houses. She removes the make-up and almost does not recognize the bareness she had without her mask.

It had been a first, to cry for death that she knows too well in her past and present and hopefully no more in the future. She checks her breathing, trying to soothe the remnants of pain and her swollen eyes do not do any help. She curses herself and recalls whatever shameless act she had let off last night, and she remembers the petite beauty that sees her so much as a friend. There is no benefit in crying.

Friends. Another first and maybe she had considered the Spring Witch a friend without realizing it and the redhead hothead of youth that had been a part of being CL.

CL is a lot more complicated than Lee Chaerin.

She switches off to more comfortable tank tops and cotton shorts as she racks her brain solving how the hell she had gotten back to her own unit and it was like a moment of enlightenment when she sees Sandara “another” Park sitting on her bright yellow couch.

“Good Morning.” She greets pleasantly, her clothes were constant from yesterday. CL is suddenly conscious of how normal and differently peculiar she had transformed into.

“You brought me home?” CL questions her feet refuses to move, unsure of what to do.

“No.” Sandara shakes her head before continuing. “I was quite surprised when you revealed a hidden compartment in the couch back at the lab, and you were so drunk when you finished it. You fell asleep for at least an hour before you tried to get home and you told me to help you.”

CL wanted to slap herself for being so careless. “Thanks.”

“Do you want to eat? I got hungry and opened a cup of ramen for breakfast.” Sandara looks apologetic but CL smiles to assure her that even though ramen was a difficult purchase, it is alright because she could get more from her neighbours, she has lots of neighbours who are plenty rich in food like TOP or Jiyong.

CL looks at her digital clock hanging on the wall and is devastated to see it is already in the afternoon which means it is better not to show her face at YG. She contemplates on what to do as Sandara watches her every move.

“I am hungry.” CL admits as she gazes at her companion, she does not order the other girl to follow but she does anyway.

CL barely cooks, and her cupboard barely had any food left and all she’s got is a half loaf of bread and a cup of instant ramen. She added water to the cup watching Sandara observe her every movement as if she is unsure of what to do at the moment.

“Coffee?” CL offers.

“Oh thanks, but no need.” Sandara politely declines, she looks younger than her age. The youth never left her innocence.

“How are your memories?” CL wonders, reaching for one thing that she never let loose. Coffee. “Feel like yourself yet?”

“I feel weird.” Sandara tells her after much consideration. “I am confused that sometimes I think I am all part of the dreams that I might cease to exist.”

“Sandara, this is reality.” CL gives her best sincerities as the words left .

“What if I meet someone in my dream that I also met now?” She asks and she tentatively waits for CL to answer.

“It’s up to you, and I would be honest with you, Sandara Park. We do not know who you are or what happened or what your role is in this— game. But you’re the only chance we’ve got and YG has trust issues with you that he’s going to try to buy you into the organization with an apartment, clothes, security. He’s not letting you off his radar and he’ll do anything to get the data he— we need to solve everything.” CL is certain this might scare her off. “It all depends on the choices we make and the ones you do.”

“You’re using me.” She’s offended but has this glint of hope in her eyes.

“I’m not good with comfort.” CL sighs and calms herself, chooses her next words in a fast manner that she might yet regret. “But never forget, you can trust me. I know you’re scared, but I’m here and I want you to trust me in the same way I am trusting you.”

And it is all the assurance Sandara Park needs from her friend.

“I can never ask for more.” She says and all negative emotions are set aside.

CL breathes in, finally relaxing as she finishes her coffee with one gulp. In the stillness of the room and the view of her fragile companion, a sudden thought struck her. She has officially declared that Sandara would be someone she would always be with, in safety and in perils, and the latter knows nothing to defend herself of whatever harm might come.

“I just realized how harmless you are.” CL mentions mentally noting how different they both are.

“What do you expect? I just woke up from deep slumber.” Sandara says in a sarcastic manner.

“Come on. I know someone else we can trust.”

 

 

Everyone wore black. The color symbolizes death and mourning to which silenced everyone. The mere sounds of shuffling shoes were already offensive to the dead silence that Song Mino had to restrain his heavy steps towards the lab. He heaves out a heavy breath as soon as he gets inside the lab.

“Shh!” Nam Tae puts a finger to his lips as he judges the newcomer, he had expected Mino to look ugly in black but it seems that he was mistaken.

“Not you as well!” Mino whines sitting down on his desk. “I, Song Mino, solemnly swear that I cannot stay quiet in a minute.”

Nam Tae sighs. “Maybe I should tie your tongue in a knot. I’ll do it for free.”

“Okay.” Mino sticks out his tongue and pushes his swivel chair close to Nam Tae.

“Disgusting.” Nam Tae moves far away from the noisy person. “Is it really that difficult to shut up?”

“You don’t know how it feels like to say nothing at all.” Mino dramatically pretends to be burdened. “I will do anything except for sealing my oh-so-kissable lips.”

“No wonder you’re single.” Nam Tae gives the offended guy a judging look.

“And you’re not?” Mino asks sitting properly as he eyes his busy judgmental friend.

The questioned guy smirks like he is the best man in the world to which Mino rolls his eyes and finally opens his computer. He was in the middle of entering his passcode when Seunghoon arrives as well completing their number of five.

“Let’s play, Hoonie!” Mino loudly exclaims as he looks at the newly arrived person excitedly. “I got War of Hormones yesterday.”

Seunghoon looks at his best friend and shook his head. “Maybe later.”

“Eh? But you liked Big Hit games!” Mino complains pouting as he watches Seunghoon settling down in his own desk which was next to Nam Tae. “Let’s play now!”

“I am not in the mood for games. “ Seunghoon unenergetically frowns at his friend which causes the other to finally shut up.

The room turned into a library, nothing but the sound of furious typing on the keyboard would be heard. It was nice for a change and Nam Tae should be genuinely grateful for it but somehow the atmosphere seemed wrong.

On his left side was a puddle of despair and uncertainties, Song Mino is hopeless when it comes to cheering other people up. So he either sighs in regret or takes a deep breath as if he is planning to sabotage the perfect quiet atmosphere.

On his right side, he would literally feel the heavy cloud of grief thundering and quietly suffers in his own. Lee Seunghoon bears that enormous cloud and Nam Tae is not dense, unlike the latter’s best friend, to know why.

He had always known that at some point Lee Seunghoon had developed feelings for the Spring Goddess and he would not blame his hormones for doing that. But right now, he just feels as if his responsible for abandoning these two idiots.

Nam Tae groans in a loud way that has the four inhabitants of the room look at him.

“Why are you both so dumb!?” He asks annoyed as he looks back and forth between the two friends. “I swear I must have done something terrible in my past life to suffer because of my choice of seating arrangement!”

“What are you talking about?” Mino asks looking like a lost dog.

“If you want to talk then scream out loud and I would not care!” Nam Tae points a finger at Mino which had the other raising his hands up in surrender.

He points to his next target, Lee Seunghoon who looks at uncomfortable. “Do you want to play a game or just sulk all day on your own quagmire of grief?”

“What?” Lee Seunghoon just had to question.

“Aish! I’m going crazy! Someone shoot me with a doze of heroine!” Nam Tae chose, turns off his computer and puts on his leather bag.

“I could—

“No. Just shut up.” Nam Tae’s final words before he goes out without bidding goodbye.

The silence was awkward after Nam Tae slams the door shut. Mino scans his surrounding, everyone are highly inexperienced in these kinds of things and it is actually the first time that they had ever looked at each other in a way friends would.

They had been assigned in Memoir 2 according to their level of competence and no one had really expected them all to create friendship as long as they had perfect workmanship.

But today feels different, and Jinwoo being the eldest wanted to lift some of the heavy clouds.

“I never played a game before.” Jinwoo confesses as he gently takes the game off Mino’s slightly shaking hands.

And it was only a matter of time before the four boys were camped down on the floor with Seunghoon and Mino quietly setting up the monitor and the game. Jinwoo and Seungyoon were quietly watching, wondering if Nam Tae would be back because they do not trust themselves in handling the best of friends.

“Okay. We can play now.” Mino could only say awkwardly, he looks at the three boys as if asking for permission.

“What is War of Hormones about?” Jinwoo asks.

“Oh, it’s a fight against monsters to save the queen.” Mino explains. “The characters gains their powers from their raging hormones and—

“In short, that is one hell of a erted game.” Nam Tae comes back with foods, lots of foods. “Alright, I gathered all the unhealthy calories from the kitchen and bribed them all. We better get started.”

“Yes! Pizza!” Mino was more than happy that he forgot about the insult on his choice of games. “You use these controls.”

Nam tae started the game even before Mino could explain anything to Jinwoo and Seungyoon.

“Hey, we don’t know how to play.” Seungyoon complains.

Nam Tae smirks and knows he is going to win this play.

“I believe in learning on experience. Now, shall we begin?”

 

 

Sandara was in the final sets of her stretches when she gets distracted by voices coming from the entrance.

“That’s unusual. Seunghyun's not here.” Who is Seunghyun? She wonders and the voice is quite familiar to her ears though she sat up properly from the exercise mat to get a good look.

Her body reacts upon seeing who it was, immediately goes back to position and not finishing her leg stretches so she could get out of the place and avoid breathing the same air with Kwon Jiyong not that it has any bad effects on her health but to her sanity this is too much.

“Sweating your mind off?” It was just one stretch of the muscles and the sudden existence of Seungri caught her off balance.

She lets out a sound of pain that coos attentions from his companions.

“Seungri, what in the world are you doing?” Jiyong questions with a tone of annoyance as he looks at Sandara to who was rubbing her temple. “He never really thinks before he does anything, noona.”

“Uhm— yeah. I guess.” Sandara agrees but is responsibly guilty seeing the youngest reaction.  “No— I meant that I am actually surprised to see you all here— and by that feel free to surprise me even though I am not sure my heart could take it.”

Amused laughter fills her ears and Jiyong is never changing with his charming melodious voice to which Sandara refuses to believe that she actually desires to communicate more with him. The burn on her cheeks was evident and she was too embarrassed to look at Jiyong. Oh please leave and take your charm with you.

“Are you leaving noona?” Jiyong asks after taking a break from laughing.

“Yea—no.” Sandara wants to say something more but her tongue is dry of words.

“Oh, good we just got here.” Jiyong was too friendly for his own sake and thoughts of him knowing that she knows their former symbiosis refrains her brain from functioning properly. “Are you alone?”

That is one of her current problems, most of the times because she is in need of companion and the only two ladies she knows is out of this place. And as if on cue, the two totally opposite ladies came walking leisurely beside each other.

“Hello gorgeous.” Taeyang whistles at the sight of his favorite chick who struts in like a catwalk model with her red six inch heels making tapping noises behind her was Minzy who rolls her eyes at the sight of Taeyang.

“Hello ert.” CL greets her friend to which had Seungri laughing on the floor to which he is doing his push-ups.

“You meant y.” Taeyang shows off his large biceps which is ignored by CL. “Black is y. How would I get you for a night?”

“How would I shut your mouth?” CL responds rolling her dark orbs.

“A hot make out session.” Taeyang gives a reply to which CL lets an irked outlook.

“I’d love to but I’m going on a date. Maybe next time.” CL winks and she finally moves her focus unto Sandara who looks confused.

“Woah, who’s the lucky dude?” Taeyang asks completely in despair.

“Not your business.” CL passes through him and she looks at Sandara with those perfectly shaded cat eyes. “Minzy is in charge of training you.”

“Really? Little Hothead is gonna—

“I will kick your future off if you call me that again.” She speaks looking murderously at Daesung.

“Chill.” Daesung raises his arms up defensively and he goes back to punching bags. You learn to mind your own business with threats from Minzy.

Sandara felt envy over that kind of ability, it is ferociously beautiful. But she fears her mentor who is so much younger than her and terrifyingly capable like CL.

“I have work to do, Dara.” CL’s tone is still a bit awkward on the nickname. “But maybe tomorrow I’ll help you with your training.”

“Oh, okay.” She felt like a child being left all alone with a stranger.

“Minzy, go easy on her.” CL eyes the redhead beside her to which gave her a fake smile.

“Sure.” She tells her eyeing her apprentice from the crown of her head down to her shoelaces.

“Easy peasy.” She adds with a dangerous glint in her eyes and Sandara Park had felt so small in many ways.

She watched CL walk off with her ponytail swinging left and right, and afterwards she looks at Minzy who is still staring at her like a hawk.

“Let’s start.”

 

 

The flamboyant difference between a game and reality is blindsiding.

CL travels alone throughout the peculiar city that poorly keeps itself up. An atmosphere of abandonment reaches her heart and she searches for something familiar but halts because the past is not her future. The past should be forgotten, erased even.

The caste system, a system of social stratification in India had been adapted by South Korea after the war had died out. In midst of social and economic crisis, the government thought it is a good idea to imitate it and segregate the people who could get better life, as if life is owned by their money. People are egocentric in the cruellest ways. It would have not been the worst if industries built in End Town were shut down but no, industrial manufacturing had caused the pollution to worsen and no one complains about its existence. Maybe people are too busy saving themselves, the survival of the fittest and death to the weakest.

CL collects masks from her backpack. Ender’s Lungs had been an evolution of lung cancer that kills a person for less than 24 hours. Some survive for a day but those were merciless hours of high fever, internal respiratory bleeding and delusions, and visually horrendous. There had been rumors of an invented cure with the Primas forbidding the distribution of it.

It does not matter though, CL should just focus on the object of her mission and her mission alone.

Lee Dongwook, a known hacker and genius in the world of Computer Engineering, was the person she needed to consult regarding the mechanics of Bom’s computer. CL had tried her best which was basic knowledge in hacking the password but the spring witch had more complexity when it comes to programming that CL felt like reading a foreign language.

Her only hope was that Lee Dongwook had not yet relocated after the intense breakout from Pompeii.

The view of a bustling street market is at the end of the alley and no one seems to notice or the people had adapted to the lifestyle of living in a mess of a city. The crowd only cares about themselves, going in and out of shops and there seems to have no one who sells outside in the open thick air. This is the ordinary End Town, the name of the space before the wall ends. This is where common people who afford to pay minimum taxes are allocated. CL used to live here until she got accepted in YG.

CL walks fast even in high heeled shoes before stopping at a small shop of antiques, on top of it is a placard of messy brush writing “Ding Dong Emporium”.

 

(Ding Dong Wood Antique Emporium since a year ago. What is new with old? We have the newest oldest treasures of South Korea! Guaranteed of high quality products at reasonable price!)

 

The bell protest at being hit by the door as it opens letting in more dirt in the store.

The shop is questionably older than a year, whoever owns the place did not consider hiring a shop cleaner that the spiders had comfortably created their own residence at anywhere they like and the beauty of the old things had been covered by the dust.

“Welcome!”

A man in his thirties reveals himself; he wore a heavy tattered coat and wears a dark mask designed with smiling lips of a clown. She had a hard time recognizing the person who climbed walls and smashed heads. “I apologize for the unhygienic appearance of the antiques but this is how we preserve them.”

It is a questionable theory on a normal person’s sanity and CL feels that the place is mistreated.

“Lee Dongwook.” CL calls the man and he stills at his spot.

“Who?” He is a good actor even quirking his eyebrow up in question.

CL takes out a photo from her pocket, a lot crumpled but the face is clear and he lets out a sarcastic laughter, clapping in amusement.

“How the hell did you find me?”

“I know places.” CL sarcastically says heading closer to the man. “I need a favor.”

“Oh no.” He snorts and takes of his coat revealing his dirty white sleeves. “I do no favors, you may leave now.”

“Not for me, for Bom.” CL straightforwardly tells him which catches him off guard. “She had passed away yesterday after a failed mission. She left our systems with a password that I tried to hack, though you know it’s not my thing.”

“What?” He looks dumbfounded, CL could hear his heart breaking and she looks away.

He slumps in his swivel chair which in all means looks so out of place in an antique shop, he suddenly looks worn out messing up his hair before standing up.

“I can’t help you.” He decides perplexed.

“I just need a code breaker.” CL insists.

 “Anything but that.” Dongwook politely declines. “I had enough trouble from creating hackers.”

“How about this?” An automatic handgun with a silencer is pointed at the defenseless man’s forehead; he raises his hands in surrender.

“I barely lie; I had not made anything since the time I got out of Bastille.” He calmly informs her raising his arms.

“If you care about her, then do this.” CL lets out a bit of grief in her shaky voice.

Dongwook has the pride and strength of a man and it is a stupid error to assume he would not attack.

He grabs the gun and tried to twist her arm but her hold on the gun is lethal and she only gets pulled with it, her abdomen hitting the sharp edge of the counter. The pain was nothing but she lets out a sharp breath, clearly being rusty from a year without much action.

“No means no.” He says breathing heavily due to the real action he had not done for years.

CL is agitated; adrenaline in her veins as she pulls the trigger and it would have done great damage if Dongwook had not forced the gun downward, the shot hitting the creaky floor.

“Let me persuade you.” CL replies lips curving up in a smirk.

Her heart thumps in familiar thirst to win, and she manages to throw a left side punch having her right arm on a death grip captured by her opponent and that has the man dodging it by an inch of his nose. It is CL’s turn to pull Dongwook forward, letting him get a taste of pain caused by his own wooden counter. He lets out a wince of pain, letting go of CL which gave her the opportunity to jump over the counter and jabs Dongwook’s nose.

Dongwook grunts in pain, hands automatically grabbing the tip of his nose checking for blood or broken bone.

“So, are you gonna help me yet?” CL could have solved this in a less violent manner but knowing Dongwook, his emotions always get in the way of his genius.

“Hell no.” Dongwook recovers faster with his well-built muscle as he crouches down and strikes his fist upwards towards the girl’s solar plexus an easy target that inflicts a lot of pain, but she was not just some typical fighter off the streets countering the attack by flexing her abs to avoid fatal damage. She gives him an upper cut that had his vision dizzying with his head.

“Code breaker?” CL request sweat trickles down her skin, still threatening Dongwook with her golden gun.

“I don’t have one.” Dongwook says in between heavy breathes and pained groans.

Dongwook goes for a surprise high kick that CL blocked using her forearm which loosened her grip on the gun. Another kick has it flying somewhere she could not retrieve and she grabs the annoying leg turning it backwards forcing the man fall on his back. CL is almost going to hit the back of his head, planning to haul him into YG so he would have no choice but to be pliant.

But their attention perks to the bell that once more complains at opening.

CL lets go of the leg she was gripping and drops to the ground, leaving Dongwook exposed as he raise his hands up in surrender.

“Security in Justice! HALT!” The SJ soldier in front informs them.

“Damn it.” Dongwook cursed angry at being caught and he is sure to spend the rest of his years in prison, again.

It was CL who makes the initial move casting a smoke bomb towards the enemies for cover and she is quick, dragging the man down with her.

“Calm yourself.” CL hisses at Dongwook, who in the height of the situation manages to let out a small wince.

She could hear the very same voice ordering the men to search for Lee Dongwook and the other unknown intruder. Great, if she gets caught it’ll be farewell forever.

“Get me out of here and I’ll be more cooperative, soldier.” Dongwook still feigns his stubbornness of losing to lady.

“Easy said than done, you fiend.” CL says with disdain. “Where’s the emergency exit?”

“Not sure. But it’s down here somewhere.” Dongwook starts blindly feeling the floor to which CL immediately helps him.

“If you hadn’t been so stubborn, we would have closed shop.” CL joins in, slapping the man’s hands as it touched her accidentally while they were both feeling the floor. Nearby, the sound of a vase breaking fall panics them more.

“How many times do I have to repeat myself, woman?” Dongwook question ignoring the pain in his hand, it was nothing compared to the kick she had given him earlier.

CL could hear the heavy footsteps getting near and the smoke was thinning out, so she frantically searches the floor.

“Oh, silly me.” Dongwook mumbles before grabbing the round handle of one of his drawers and turning it.

The escape door slides open and CL pushes Dongwook down making him fall with his face first. She gives the soldiers a farewell present, the flash bomb blinding them for a moment enough to let CL slip down gracefully down the escape route before it closes.

The tunnel was appallingly dark and the scent is horrible even though it is countered by their masks.

 “You okay?” CL drops her guard down looking at Dongwook who takes an antique flashlight from the wall.

 “Me? Besides from my future kicked away earlier. I am great! I appreciate the concern.” Dongwook has his humor intact as he locks the door with his own key. “This is why I hate hanging out with you.”

“Exactly where does this lead to?” CL asked. She brushes her long golden hair out of the way, tying it up in a messy knot. There are always people who looked perfect no matter what disaster had fallen into them.

“It’s a tunnel. It can lead to anywhere.” His tone was nonchalant and it gets on CL’s nerves that she elbows him on the side.

“I am going to castrate you if you lead us more to trouble.” CL cautions.

“You have a dirty mouth.” Dongwook comments before leading the way. “How did you know about me anyway?”

“YG has connections.” She proudly states. “Don’t ask. The less you know the better.”

“Oh.” Dongwook is silent for a while, careful at his next words. “You can never stay out of trouble, can you?

“I guess.” CL agrees. “But it isn’t our fault when we ended up in Priori. I would have chosen to be normal if I even had a choice.”

Dongwook chuckles. “Glad we have something in common.”

“Yeah.” CL nods. “And I’m trying to make amends.”

“Chaerin, you can’t keep making amends.” Dongwook tells her. “Just forgive yourself and forget everything.”

“I can’t do that.” She says hopelessly. “I can never, and I’ve just realized that after she’s dead.”

She stopped in her tracks. Dongwook looks at her clearly seeing the deathly girl she had met in Priori. She had been nothing but a beautiful destruction and her mind was operated to exterminate.

“But I want to at least try to make my world better, bandage it up and see what happens.” She was never weak, and Dongwook knows that.

“I am sorry for your loss.” Dongwook finally regains himself. “For our loss, she had been the light in our darkness. And I’m an idiot and I care a lot about her.”

The walk underneath the tunnel is silent, just their lingering footsteps that echoes through the circled wall breaks the quietness. The tunnel is not a pleasant passageway, it is even filthier than the emporium and it smells of waste materials that CL refuses to think about.

It is a good rest for her wary heart but not for her leg muscles. She is exhausted but keeps on going, knowing that it would be selfish to ask for a minute of breath. She is certain with the enmity between her and shop owner, but they can settle down with sharing a light. The light of the Spring which gave them freedom from the Priori.

She was beginning to believe that this is a never-ending tunnel when Dongwook stops and looks up before glancing at them.

“Ladies’ first.” He uses his hand to gesture upwards.

“Dastard. ” (It means coward)  CL mutters before climbing up with heavy steps, almost unable to lift her body up.

She could finally breathe calmly through the mask.

A vintage car is parked on an alleyway; Dongwook gives the beggar a handful of coins and thanks him for watching over his beloved car.

“I’m gonna drop you off by the mid gate.” Dongwook informs them. “I am going to scout for materials I need. Leave me your address.”

“Why are SJ after you?” CL takes a small notebook from her backpack, she scribbles on it using the headboard as her desk.

“I escaped with some bribe, they let me off for a while but maybe it’s gone to peaceful again that they needed to stir things up.” Dongwook explains. “You know how they like to display their power.”

“Of course.” CL hands him the piece of paper. “Lose that and it’ll be your last to have fingers.”

“Spare me the harsh threats.” Dongwook looks insulted. “Give me a break.”

The mid gate is guarded by Security and Justice, they were manually checking the identification badge of anyone who has business into the Mid City.

“I’ll make a distraction and you slip in.” Dongwook distractedly is looking for something underneath the driver’s seat.

“Lee Dongwook, we’ll bid goodbye to her the day after tomorrow at Celestial Grounds. Be there before the seventeenth hour.” CL suddenly blurts out giving Dongwook a knowing look. “Wear something white not black.”

“Ah. White suits me the most.” He manages a smile that is not at all joyful.

“Be careful.” It was all CL could state as she gets off the vintage black car.

“Thanks.” He care freely grins before driving off.

A loud explosion disturbs the whole town and the security runs towards the source of it, everyone panics and people are getting off the streets. Rebels! Someone screamed. It is an easy escape, with CL shooting the hidden camera before letting herself in the Mid City.

She does not worry about him, End Town is his town.

CL guides herself towards the Mid City, which is a vast and much more well-conditioned than End Town. Mid Town is the center market for goods, this is where green stuffs are grown and are being sold. These are where the argricultural vegetation is well maintained and cared for but living here can be quite expensive since apartments are costly, but public schools and not very strenuous jobs are offered here. Mid City is the province before the Big City, Primalis.

YG had prepared a unit for her in his own property of apartments. The Grassland Homes are the home of the rebellion leader’s rebels. CL had been grateful of the free space and she learned later that YG provides these luxurious things because most of his people are from the outskirts of South Korea, with interesting tragic background and strong loathing against the government. A more reason why CL had felt her belonging in YG.

“Finally.”

An unexpected visitor reveals herself as soon as the lights went on, CL almost threw a knife towards Minzy in shock. “What the hell are you doing here?”

“I’m here to talk.” Minzy tells her in a matter of fact tone.

“Is it about Dara?” CL assumes and closes the door behind her, locking it. “Did you scare her off?”

“Not that. She’s a fast learner but lacks strength.” Minzy diagnosed, she motions CL to sit beside her. “I went to the hospital yesterday and guess what.”

“You went to the hospital without permission?” CL questions in disbelief. “Minzy that’s dangerous—

“No it was not.” Minzy deadpans. “So listen, I saw the records and found out that there is a patient admitted in the ICU the day of the failed mission.”

“Still, what you did is against the rules.” CL whisper shouts in an annoying manner.

“That’s not important. I just found evidence that Bom is alive.” Minzy has a crazy look in her eyes that suggest she lacks sleep and is under too much stress.

“Minzy, you need to rest. We’ll talk—

“There is no body in the morgue!” She almost screams letting out some documents for authenticity. “And a patient was admitted a few minutes after she was shot and guess who the doctor is.”

“Suzy Bae.” CL opens her mind to the possibility.

“See?” She holds up the record she had scanned. “Bom could still be alive.”

CL grabs the paper with raging hope.

 


 

Author's Note:
I am sorry.
I had not been satisfied with any of the new chapters I typed until this one came up. (I did not want to disappoint you all)
It was supposed to be all Sandara Park’s story but I felt like I needed to add the other three, since 2ne1 is Dara, Bom, CL and Minzy.
Always remember that things are not always as they seem, and I had given you action because I know everything is quite dull and dramatic.
And I admit, I am dull and dramatic and typewriting is all that is exciting in me LOL #whyamIeventypingthis?

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!