My Confession

My Confession

It wasn’t until Christmas 2013 when I realised she was the one…

When I first met her I had no idea that she was the one… I did not even take one glance at her when I saw her. It was only just a quick introduction and then I had left. At that time, I found it very awkward to speak to not only her, but almost every girl I had met. The awkwardness I expressed with girls would decrease as I got to know them more, but even still… once I got to know them better… I still found it awkward.

When I first met her… I cannot even recall the exact day… I cannot even remember what she wore or what her scent was… how much she has changed since then. Has she matured more since then and now?

Not long after we met we hardly had any encounters. Our promotions of our albums hardly collided and even when they did it was just a quick bow and ‘hello’ in the halls of where we had to perform. This had repeated for a few years, we were hardly on any shows together too… and so like that I hardly knew her… did not pay any attention to her… hardly noticed her… only through the media I would faintly hear news about her.

It wasn’t until August 2008 on Chin Chin radio when we first had a proper conversation together. Even still, we did not speak alone because there was others who were also present. I was still awkward with speaking to any girl, it seemed like the only charismatic thing I could do was to perform with my group and during my solo promotions. At that time, I still had not noticed her… I did not stare at her the way I do now… I do not hide my grin every time I see her. Back then… I think we were both too career driven to even notice each other.

Even back then I still did not see her often. We had no reason to see each other… still our promotions never collided. Even if they had I would always see her other members where I was instead of her, however at that time it did not bother me at all. Around this time as well I yearned for a relationship… not just a fling but I wanted to fall in love… to the point where I wanted people to know… I had not experienced a proper relationship before, not even to the point where I had to secretly date someone… I did not even reach a relationship up to that point…

Not long after a friend of mine had set up a blind date with one of her members. What were the odds? As much as people thought we would have gotten along well, all we could talk about was music. Though I love talking about it, what else were we meant to talk about? I thought to myself that a relationship with a person with the same occupation would never work. With that member all we did was remain friends not thinking that I would ever fall in love with another singer.

That friend had invited me to one of their concerts, not wanting to let of my members know, I left for the concert by myself. Meeting her, the friend and fellow members after the concert I still had not noticed her. She was someone I hardly spoke with, someone very difficult to speak to when everyone else was around… back then I had not paid any attention to her.

A few more years had passed by, and the only things I heard of her was through promotional activities they were having with their popularity still rising. I was so focused on my career then I did not think of dating at this point. Travelling to America and other places around the world, I wanted to learn new things… things that could help improve my skills to sing and dance better.

It finally came to 2013… by now I had been already preparing for a new solo mini-album around all the activities with my group. Just enjoying the life at that moment I thought I was happy… I was in my youth and enjoyed the single life… the Christmas of that year came my mother had wanted to celebrate Christmas by going to a Christmas carol concert. Out of concerts to choose from she wanted to go the Mechan Fantasy… Out of all days the girl I was sent up on a blind date with and her group was going to perform there. That day I remember clearly… it began to snow on our way to the concert… it was a colder winter than usual… however the sun still shone during the day, not covered by clouds. During the night she came out to perform… as she walked out on stage I still paid no attention to her…

It wasn’t until she started to sing…. That was when I began to notice her… For the first time I listened to her voice… Focused only her voice… Not realising how beautiful it was until that moment… She wore a red elegant dress with sparkling decorations that went from the top to bottom. At the bottom the dress frilled out spreading across a small part of the stage. Finally looking up at her was when I noticed the beauty that glowed within her. She sung as I watched, and at that moment she made my heart flutter, my jaw drop, and my eyes unable to look away. Had she cast a spell on my on Christmas of 2013?

After that night I did not see her as an acquaintance with the same occupation as me… but as woman I wanted to get to know. A woman who I want to fall in love with enough to be my wife… The woman I want to date to confirm that I want to spend the rest of my life with her… Spend every day learning new things with, and learning every little thing about her. The girl I met in 2007, who I had never thought would make my heart flutter as much as it did that night. Kim Taeyeon, who would have thought that I would have set my eyes on you?

Love works in mysterious ways… You may not notice the one you truly love. Maybe it’s not love at first site… Maybe not even the second or tenth meeting. But the day you realise… That day when you make it happen… Cherish those days the most… Hold onto that person tightly in your arms. Count every day when you’re with that person a blessing and hope that you don’t miss that person even if it’s someone just passing by as you’re walking.